[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

Rewatching fuyao is good. I realized I kept pausing at all Wuji's scenes. *sigh*  Hair half up.. Hair fully up... He is a gorgeous man..... I wonder when is the exact moment he fell in love with Fuyao? There was him being curious.. He was drawn.. But when do you guys think he actually fell in love with her? 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Rewatching fuyao is good. I realized I kept pausing at all Wuji's scenes. *sigh*  Hair half up.. Hair fully up... He is a gorgeous man..... I wonder when is the exact moment he fell in love with Fuyao? There was him being curious.. He was drawn.. But when do you guys think he actually fell in love with her? 

That is one tricky question... As he was always there to save her, even in the very beginning. I would say somewhere between mount xuanyuan and when they were in taiyuan is when he fell for her. Because in taiyuan, especially when she became his "consort", it was already clear he was in love with her already. In mount xuanyuan he was always drawn to her because of how strong her character was and how different she was.

Hi Everyone,

personally I don’t think Ethan’s look in modern that bad,  it just happened his haircut doesn’t look too good on the day of promoting LOFY which was last year. His hair was short, must be after filming Detective Four with Mark Chao.

To be honest, most of the time throughout LOFY, I didn't cry. It was more like my heart was really hurting for the Wufu couple. I did have watery eyes but I didn't cry my heart out. Lol. I barely do. 

The scenes I had tears (watery eyes) and that were emotional for me are from ep. 34: The time FY got severely hurt by Prince No Ding Dong and WJ arrived late to save her. The tears and pain he had when he saw how terrible she ended up from that 'almost rape attempt' was heartbreaking. Boy...did I end up angry and hurt seeing FY like that too. 

20180816_144835_zpszefvb1vj.gif

*The way FY tearfully smiled and said "he came" to WJ before she passed out was touching yet sad!* 

The father and son conversation in ep. 35 when WJ confronted his father to spare FY and he was willing to forsake his Crown Prince position to be with her. I had happy tears because he didn't care about his status nor anyone but his life with FY and protecting her. He made me love him more here and took my heart completely! 

20180816_151135_zpsw6gkxivr.gif

*Ethan, you are so talented with every emotional scene! I applaud you!*

The snowy drunk confession scene from ep. 36 at Yaocheng City. Like I said earlier, this is by far my favorite scene because of the perfect acting, setting, and BGM.

tumblr_pbsr6gki6N1vj9tigo1_r2_540_zpsd7i

The goodbye scene from ep.65 when they hugged and WJ told her to wait for him while he goes to meet with his Master. FY couldn't suppress her tears anymore so she had to cry after WJ left... Afraid he may never come back to her. The BGM of "hard to love" always gets me emotional. It's fits the sad and romantic scene so well.

received_517934851960664_zpseo8vieti.gif

*Yang Mi did so well with every emotional scene in LOFY! I applaud her too!* 

Last scene from ep.66 when FY sees WJ chained up and punished. She also found out that he was the one who saved her from that cave in Mt. Xuan. He wanted to push her away for her safety but she clearly knew him and didn't leave. The way WJ pleaded and screamed to save FY was too sad. 

1453f3ba-33aa-4baa-977e-0e8d53b835d0_zps

*The acting from Ethan and Yang Mi were superb during these last 2 episodes.*

Of course there's more emotional and sweet scenes I love but these scenes were more touching to me. I watch them like several times! ^_^

All I have to say is when FY said "they have tasted all the sufferrings of this world..." my goodness did they really suffer so much together! I'm glad they are now able to "enjoy the sweetness of this world" at the end of the drama. Even though it was a short happy ending, I'm glad they are able to be together and not suffer anymore. :rolleyes:

Oh so many new dramas! I will watch Ruyi way way way later, after RoP because I know this history it is based on and it is pretty sad. Have to be mentally prepared to go into that tragic love story. There is a Kdrama in September that I want to watch too but nooooo time. 

Just found out that Fuyao will be broadcasted in my country on TV. Now my mom can watch it dubbed! It is going to be weird lol 

22 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Oh so many new dramas! I will watch Ruyi way way way later, after RoP because I know this history it is based on and it is pretty sad. Have to be mentally prepared to go into that tragic love story. 

Pls watch TROP!!

It's really getting good!

5 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

Both of you hubby+wiffy can cosplay WuFu!!? Especially the bath-play :P

Cannot. Not flexible enough to twist and twirl. 

:lol:

But I can play the humming background music and get scolded by him for being crazy.

tenor.gif?itemid=9450407

36 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Pls watch TROP!!

It's really getting good!

I will surely watch it after English subs have released up to maybe 20 - 30 episodes; which is why I keep praying Netflix picks it up so that they can do the subs. I read the first three volumes of the novel and yeah so I can't imagine going in w/o English subs - too much scheming to watch and not understand ---  it would ruin it. But not worry - I will watch it.

1 minute ago, stella77 said:

I will surely watch it after English subs have released up to maybe 20 - 30 episodes; which is why I keep praying Netflix picks it up so that they can do the subs. I read the first three volumes of the novel and yeah so I can't imagine going in w/o English subs - too much scheming to watch and not understand ---  it would ruin it. But not worry - I will watch it.

Oh but they changed the story.

Wotad was saying it's 90% different from the novel. 

But yeah,  I get you. If watching TROP without subs, it can be a snooze fest.

I just notice that "Ruyi's Royal Love In the Palace" is 88 episodes! That's too much for me. Lol! I can watch LOFY for 66 episodes but anything over that can be too much. :huh: 

Really depends if the drama can keep me interested in every episode. I guess I'm still stuck on LOFY till something comes up. :lol:

Just now, furu.vu217 said:

Today is Qixi (Chinese Valentine's Day) in China. I really hope LOF's team will release some couple photos but seem like they didn't :tears:

tumblr_pd8tqkg1W71vj9tigo7_540.gif

Cre: belladonna2018

Lol! Someone I know said the same thing but since the drama is officially over... No more posters/images! :mellow:

6 hours ago, mon1459 said:

Hi Everyone,

personally I don’t think Ethan’s look in modern that bad,  it just happened his haircut doesn’t look too good on the day of promoting LOFY which was last year. His hair was short, must be after filming Detective Four with Mark Chao.

I agree with you.. i also don't think so he looks bad in modern dress , maybe sometimes he looks no handsome because his hair style no match with him, but i found many of his photos are so handsome too. So, for me i haven't problem with his style in modern dress. 

18 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Today is Qixi (Chinese Valentine's Day) in China. I really hope LOF's team will release some couple photos but seem like they didn't :tears:

tumblr_pd8tqkg1W71vj9tigo7_540.gif

Cre: belladonna2018

Oh yes today is chinese valentine day . Happy Chinese valentine day for you all my dear :wub: hope our ladies ( still single ) can find our wuji in real life... LOL ( it's seems only can meet in series) and your husband can be wuji ( for already married ) so we all can happy because have wuji in our love story too....LOL

Archived