[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

38 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

I just noticed how our OTP have similar jealousy reaction towards each other. So cute!!! ^_^ :wub:

Hide contents

Wuji's: 

25d1b735-d4f4-4c03-889f-e3fa8f0ba731_zps

Fuyao's:

20180806_181606_zpsh4z5s2jv.gif

I'm definitely going to binge-watch this drama again and again (OTP parts only) so I can try to heal my sadness and accept reality once this officially ends! It may take months and years... Who knows. :D

That is how in sync WuFu are lol; they even share the "I'm jealous but got caught so quickly" expression lol These two gifs are so cute.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

episode 58:

finally, an episode where it doesn't end abruptly mid scene.

anyhow...it would be nice for them to extend the xuanji arc a bit more as all the flashbacks felt rushed. but oh well. we get to see how fuyao gets to call the phoenix with the sceptor easily...has it been 19 years since xuanji last saw the the phoenix?

while i would have loved to see wuji be more excited upon discovering that fuyao was his childhood crush and his intended fiance during his engagement with fake folian, i understand why that didn't happen. fuyao's reunion with her dad is a much bigger deal than wuji's realization that his childhood crush has always been fuyao.

i am sad that fuyao did not get to spend more time her with father. it must be quite a shock for her father too. to reunite with his daughter who happens to be the heir apparent for xuanji and on top of that, her boyfriend is the crown prince. and he's able to leave easily because he knows wuji truly loves his daughter and is strong enough and resourceful enough to protect her the way he never had the chance to. still, i'm sad for fuyao to see her cry...she only wants to be loved. so sad that she reminded the rest of us how she has always questioned why her parents abandoned her. 

and wuji...the guy is sly. proposing to her twice in that episode. seven did not miss that proposal for sure, he was shipping them for sure.

i still wish they kept the story line where doc zong loves fuyao too. he would have made a threatening love rival for wuji too. i llke how doc zong immediately left his village upon getting fuyao's letter (i'm surprised it's fuyao who wrote to him instead of wuji) to be there for her coronation.

8 more episodes to go...if all goes well, i may need to buy this series.

can some technologically savvy person just put together all of our otp scenes? that's all i really care about. :D:lol::wub::P

1 hour ago, dramaaddiction said:

Hide contents

my speculation. she has a happy look even though she learns that wuji is destined to kill her because she understands how much he loves  her. he is fighting destiny to be with her and perhaps she is happy to have met someone who loves her more than life itself and is willing to defy fate for her. i'm sure she also learned how much his mentor means to him and he has gone against his mentor and suffered so much for her. this is the kind of love very few ever get to experience and perhaps she recognizes how lucky she is in that regard.

^Totally agree. 

Spoiler

I like Fuyao's maturity at this stage - you can tell how much she loves Wuji too. She drank the poison for his mom and thought of him last even when she thought she was dying. I think she's realized by now all that Wuji has done for her. Also, this what I like about Wuji's character in the drama. That despite being a he's a multi-layer and complex character his love for Fuyao is pretty much the core of who he is. It is steadfast and he goes all out to protect her and their love. Actually, this is why I think we like WuFu - they most realize how they are really made for each other and don't waste too much time misunderstanding. Most OTPs go through too many dragged out misunderstandings and jealous fits but I like how this drama keeps it short, resolved quickly and focus more on how WuFu work together to resolve their issues and challenges. 

6 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

while i would have loved to see wuji be more excited upon discovering that fuyao was his childhood crush and his intended fiance during his engagement with fake folian, i understand why that didn't happen. fuyao's reunion with her dad is a much bigger deal than wuji's realization that his childhood crush has always been fuyao.

Spoiler

I think Wuji has known for a while that Fuyao was his childhoold love as well as their past love as the lotus deity and him being the sect leader etc. 

52 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Hide contents

I think Wuji has known for a while that Fuyao was his childhoold love as well as their past love as the lotus deity and him being the sect leader etc. 

Spoiler

i know there was a flashback of fuyao born from a lotus in one scene where wuji looked at his past life with the mystic leaf, but i wasn't sure what to make of that. his expression was shocked yet solemn in that scene but i don't know how much he knows.  i'm not sure if he knew for sure that fuyao was his childhood sweet heart or if he was still speculating until fuyao confirmed it after she got her memory back. 

what i like about this couple is that you see how they grow together and there are so many episodes which allow their relationship to evolve. most series, the hero falls in love with the maiden at first sight but i'm glad the screenwriters gave wufu's relationship much more development so their love is more convincing to us audience. and let's not forget the electric flirting and skinship...but their journey together and trust (despite him lying to fuyao for so long about his real identity but at the core of it, he never lied about his feelings except for that very short lived noble idiot moment in taiyan) in each other really made for an epic romance. yes, i agree and  appreciate the quick resolution of all doubts in their relationship. my life will be so dull once fuyao is done...and i don't think i can care for another otp to this degree for a while.

47 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

I just noticed how our OTP have similar jealousy reaction towards each other. So cute!!! ^_^ :wub:

Hide contents

Wuji's: 

25d1b735-d4f4-4c03-889f-e3fa8f0ba731_zps

Fuyao's:

20180806_181606_zpsh4z5s2jv.gif

I'm definitely going to binge-watch this drama again and again (OTP parts only) so I can try to heal my sadness and accept reality once this officially ends! It may take months and years... Who knows. :D

Second clip -- I seriously must coax my man to watch it.. n learn Wuji's killer look :

Tilts his head and killing me softly with that to-die-for, oh-so-romantic, sensual n intent smile.

OMG!!! ** drool very very very badly, whilst clutching my heart **

Thank you, @Liting1.. I now have a lingering image on my mind EVERY NIGHT. :love:

8 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

Second clip -- I seriously must coax my man to watch it.. n learn Wuji's killer look :

Tilts his head and killing me softly with that to-die-for, oh-so-romantic, sensual n intent smile.

Thank you, @Liting1.. I now have a lingering image on my mind EVERY NIGHT. :love:

It all sums up to THAT CHISELLED CHIN AND JAWLINE!

David-Tennant-Overy-Excited-Gif-On-Docto

Lol

he's so handsome especially in black, but that expression there makes me think of a player. one i wouldn't reject for sure and totally out of my league  but still a player nonetheless. i have to say, his left jawline is so much more sexy than the right side; regardless, he's so hot in historical garb. lucky fuyao...getting a man like wuji. here i am, actually jealous of a fictional character. hehe. i used to envy elizabeth bennet because of mr. darcy but scratch that. i'm most jealous of fuyao now.

18 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

That's why we are here to help in any way we can... Whether that'll bring positive or negative effect. :lol:

BUT I'm not responsible for your life whatsoever! 

25 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

Reveal hidden contents

i know there was a flashback of fuyao born from a lotus in one scene where wuji looked at his past life with the mystic leaf, but i wasn't sure what to make of that. his expression was shocked yet solemn in that scene but i don't know how much he knows.  i'm not sure if he knew for sure that fuyao was his childhood sweet heart or if he was still speculating until fuyao confirmed it after she got her memory back. 

what i like about this couple is that you see how they grow together and there are so many episodes which allow their relationship to evolve. most series, the hero falls in love with maiden at first sight but i'm glad the screenwriters gave wufu's relationship much more development so their love is more convincing to us audience. and let's not forget the electric flirting and skinship...but their journey together and trust (despite him lying to fuyao for so long about his real identity but at the core of it, he never lied about his feelings except that very short lived noble idiot moment in taiyan) in each other really made for an epic romance. yes, i agree and  appreciate the quick resolution of any doubts in their relationship. my life will be so dull once fuyao is done...and i don't think i can care for another otp to this degree for a while.

Oh yes, that one scene where Wuji lied about his feelings! It was so brief but actually quite telling....who was he trying to kid?!? lol  Actually the fall out of that when he's all gloomy at the ceremony and she was trying to leave the palace is somehow one of my favorite scenes; maybe for this very reason. While there are many wanted this drama to focus mostly on Fuyao, I'm liking that the drama team focused on WuFu (they have to make the best use of good performers such as YM and E!). 

8 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

he's so handsome especially in black, but that expression there makes me think of a player. one i wouldn't reject for sure and totally out of my league  but still a player nonetheless. i have to say, his left jawline is so much more sexy than the right side; regardless, he's so hot in historical garb. lucky fuyao...getting a man like wuji. here i am, actually jealous of a fictional character. hehe. i used to envy elizabeth bennet because of mr. darcy but scratch that. i'm most jealous of fuyao now.

[Rush to analyse his jawline... right, left, right, left, right, left ...] 

Hehe, I'm that shallow. :P

Pssss @dramaaddictionit's futile to reject.. no way you can. And why reject? Accept and take it all. Muahahaha!!! 

Gawt! Im getting crazy n delulu :sweatingbullets:

21 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

I saved the gifs. My future boyfriend will have to compete with Wuji lol (hence, I'll be single indefinitely lol)

Just now, stella77 said:

Oh yes, that one scene where Wuji lied about his feelings! It was so brief but actually quite telling....who was he trying to kid?!? lol  Actually the fall out of that when he's all gloomy at the ceremony and she was trying to leave the palace is somehow one of my favorite scenes; maybe for this very reason. While there are many wanted this drama to focus mostly on Fuyao, I'm liking that the drama team focused on WuFu (they have to make the best use of good performers such as YM and E!). 

Best part was how he confessed to Jiang Feng that he was so happy to see fuyao, he was willing to forgive Jiang Feng for defying orders. 

Second best part was when all the officials were confused because consort tang was declared the favorite one but even they could tell that fuyao was heavily favored based on the king's reaction when she showed up to the festival. When it comes to fuyao, wuji will slip up. He couldn't even hide his happiness, or he was so overwhelmed with happiness that he forgot that he had to put on an act and pretend to favor consort tang. So cute....and I'm glad Jiang Feng ships them too.

1 minute ago, pristineqi said:

His left jawline is much more defined...why do you think most kiss scenes have his left jawline facing us in this series?  

6 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

Pssss @dramaaddictionit's futile to reject.. no way you can. And why reject? Accept and take it all. Muahahaha!!! 

Gawt! Im getting crazy n delulu :sweatingbullets:

Oh yes, Ethan is definitely fling material....lol. okay seriously, he's out of my league. Wuji is marriage material...also totally out of my league.

I wonder if the camera crew noticed the difference of his jawline (right vs left) and then decided that since the L is best, always shoot so that it became so emphasized that fans such as ourselves are now analyzing his right vs left jawline lol; maybe the director prefers the L side?!

2 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I wonder if the camera crew noticed the difference of his jawline (right vs left) and then decided that since the L is best, always shoot so that it became so emphasized that fans such as ourselves are now analyzing his right vs left jawline lol; maybe the director prefers the L side?!

Camera crew is well aware of this. They take full advantage of good looking people...

14 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

His left jawline is much more defined...why do you think most kiss scenes have his left jawline facing us in this series?  

Maybe for us ladies in the delulu fandom (me in particular) to see his mouth, lips, closed-eyes more clearly?? :w00t: If imagination could kill, I'd have dropped dead multiple times.

Oh Gawt!!!!! @mrsj3n where's that cold shower??

Archived