[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@furu.vu217 thanks for all the pics. They all looked so happy! Wish I am inside too!

I'm glad Ethan took up the role as Wuji and made me notice him again. 

Hope he has more good project coming up. 

Looking forward to his future collaboration with Yang Mi again in future. One can hope yeah?

I'm grateful for Fuyao.

Because of Fuyao, I get to know you ladies / guys and have such a fun time discussing /sharing / obsessing our love for WuFu.

And not to forget, sharing common dislike for baddies and hoping for more climatic death of those baddies.  *cough* Fake Folian *cough*

After Fuyao ends, I most probably will be rewatching it too and resume my normal day to day routine including dreading the arrival of Monday and looking forward to weekend. :lol:

27 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@furu.vu217 thanks for all the pics. They all looked so happy! Wish I am inside too!

Looking forward to his future collaboration with Yang Mi again in future. One can hope yeah?

I'm grateful for Fuyao.

Because of Fuyao, I get to know you ladies / guys and have such a fun time discussing /sharing / obsessing our love for WuFu.

And not to forget, sharing common dislike for baddies and hoping for more climatic death of those baddies.  *cough* Fake Folian *cough*

After Fuyao ends, I most probably will be rewatching it too and resume my normal day to day routine including dreading the arrival of Monday and looking forward to weekend. :lol:

Ditto @mrsj3n. We can always hope :D

@furu.vu217 Thank you so much for all the pics. I'll save those and look at them again and again :lol: Much love.

14 hours ago, dramaaddiction said:

I had to rewatch that scene as I totally missed that part the first time. And I also forgot that he indirectly proposed to her in that scene too.

In that same scene, she joked around about how she's glad she's not his enemy, then he told her that she could be his family instead. They are love goals.

He indirectly proposed her many times lol...This is first time I'm watching someone proposing so many times in different ways!

Spoiler

When FY's admirer, later Wuji's disciple challenged her for a match. Did you noticed Wuji's arrow was sligtly away from centre, losing to FY. Indirectly saying her "his life and soul belong to her" !!! Ahahaha...so romantic

Spoiler

(1)Why don't you just stay with me? Be my consort.

2018-07-05-62.png?w=639&h=360

(2)Ever since I first met you at Mt. Mystic Soul, we've accompanied each other along the way. In Deep Water, You even became my queen. You count as my wife already.

(3)You can choose to be my family then.

7-1531810815500209126221.jpg

(4)Of course "Where is your handkerchief?" moment.

tumblr_pcnrp1SJeC1vj9tigo6_r1_540.gif

(5)Wuji: I hope that you'll always stay by my side just like this clear and bright moon. Through time...through life and death. Until the world comes to an end.

FY: As long as I can be with the one I love why should I fear death? (the only time she said yes ;) )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJV-5ZRWbjNpJEtwsYoei

(6)This contanis very important to me. As well as some memories I dare not face. Whether it's good or bad. It's all the truth. My present, past and future are all in here. Now I give it all to you. (My fav)

006PiDc1ly1ftj43523q8j329z1io7wh.jpg

In ep 57

Spoiler

(7)Tian quan  is willing to rebuild the relationship with the queen of Xuanji. How is it?
Indirectly proposing her for marriage. Awwww!

Going to miss my power couple :bawling:

p2497500457.jpg?resize=600,400&ssl=1

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm grateful for Fuyao.

Me too. :) Because of Fu Yao, I found you guys. We did all kind of talks from clean to naughty :D

I got to know your opinions about particular scenes (and laughed a lot sometimes). 

@furu.vu217 Thank you, chingu. You are always posting awesome teasers and pics for us. :)

I am so excited to watch the ending of this tale and same time dreading the upcoming week. I hope it becomes memorable. I will miss my Wufu and of course you guys. :heart:

@phoenixfire25 thanks for posting those scenarios. I was going to suggest a game of name all those times wuji proposed to fuyao. No wonder he’s so successful at everything. The dude is determined and creative. 

There’s also the scene after fuyao passed out when wuji first realized that she’s the girl with the five color pebble. Wuji mentioned that women who sleep in the king’s (his) bed find it hard to leave. Then he suggested that she join his harem as she has been in his bed many times and what guy would marry her knowing that. I think that was his first time proposing to her even though it was really to keep her close by while he decides what to do (obey his teacher’s orders or help fuyao unlock her seal). We already know he fell pretty hard for her at this point as he was willing to defy his master’s order. And in the next scene when fuyao decides to enter the harem and gets kidnapped by zby, wuji almost blows his cover as he losses his cool around Qi Zhen instead of playing the usual role of the foolish king because he thought Qi Zhen staged the kidnap. 

Wuji is shameless too. He indirectly proposed to fuyao in front of lan zhu and again in front of all Xuanji. Haha. I love how he’s so eager to officially make fuyao his. And I love how after he cancelled his engagement with fake folian, he immediately looked for fuyao and proposed to her at the first opportune time. Wufu for the win.

Those who read Chinese version, I want to ask in novel, Wuji called FY by name or "Ya-Tou"?  

Spoiler

And Tai Yan is Wuji's master's daughter then why she is Fei Yan's disciple? Is Wuji's master sent her to spy?

Also someone please explain meaning behind this poster. Initially I thought it will be love-hate relationship when I didn't read novel and saw drama.

Fuyaoposter.jpg?resize=300,449&ssl=1

22 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Those who read Chinese version, I want to ask in novel, Wuji called FY by name or "Ya-Tou"?  

Reveal hidden contents

And Tai Yan is Wuji's master's daughter then why she is Fei Yan's disciple? Is Wuji's master sent her to spy?

Also someone please explain meaning behind this poster. Initially I thought it will be love-hate relationship when I didn't read novel and saw drama.

Fuyaoposter.jpg?resize=300,449&ssl=1

Re this poster, my thoughts:

Spoiler

I think it is quite brilliant. On the ‘surface’ they are a couple that is destined to ‘fight’ or potentially ‘kill’ each other due to external forces; but as reflected in the water and on a deeper level, there is love between them. You can see their hands are reaching out to each other. Their love is also hidden to an extent to outsiders - maybe that they underestimate WuFu’s love and meaning for each other. They also role play multiple roles in parallel to these themes too. 

49 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

@phoenixfire25 thanks for posting those scenarios. I was going to suggest a game of name all those times wuji proposed to fuyao. No wonder he’s so successful at everything. The dude is determined and creative. 

There’s also the scene after fuyao passed out when wuji first realized that she’s the girl with the five color pebble. Wuji mentioned that women who sleep in the king’s (his) bed find it hard to leave. Then he suggested that she join his harem as she has been in his bed many times and what guy would marry her knowing that. I think that was his first time proposing to her even though it was really to keep her close by while he decides what to do (obey his teacher’s orders or help fuyao unlock her seal). We already know he fell pretty hard for her at this point as he was willing to defy his master’s order. And in the next scene when fuyao decides to enter the harem and gets kidnapped by zby, wuji almost blows his cover as he losses his cool around Qi Zhen instead of playing the usual role of the foolish king because he thought Qi Zhen staged the kidnap. 

Wuji is shameless too. He indirectly proposed to fuyao in front of lan zhu and again in front of all Xuanji. Haha. I love how he’s so eager to officially make fuyao his. And I love how after he cancelled his engagement with fake folian, he immediately looked for fuyao and proposed to her at the first opportune time. Wufu for the win.

Actually I thought about including that scene but didn't because I think that time his intention was to save her even though it means to defy his master's order.

While in ep 22, the fear of losing her, he couldn't hold his feeling before her. His reaction when she said she wouldn't forgive him if he didn't come in time...and the handhold.

I think we should make a list of all scenes when he was flirting...like "How will you thank me...with your body?", "Why I feel like we are falling in love?" or "I will follow you till death !"....that's a long list.

Edit: Oops I forgot...you mentioned the bed so I should include this "Why are you always so impatient whenever you are on this dragon bed? " ROFL

38 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Reveal hidden contents

- If I remember correctly, Wuji did not call Fuyao "Yatou" (丫頭)
丫頭 means to call the girl in ancient China.

- You read on the wiki "Taiyan is the daughter of Wuji's master" right? I do not know where they got this information, since there is only information that Taiyan is a Feiyan's disciple up to now.

- I think the poster expresses the true relationship between Wuji and Fuyao: "相爱 相 杀" 

Mi Mi also rep when asked about this.

i was truly debating about including that indirect proposal as prior to that, wuji insisted that qi zhen allow yu yuwen to enter the palace as a concubine for having saved the king's life. also, in the same scene prior to learning that she was the five color pebbled girl, when qi zhen trespassed into the king's room to look for the assassin. fuyao asked if he wanted to die when wuji threw her into the bed and he responded with, "i want to live with you." haha...in a way, i saw that as a proposal too. after that,  he  confessed that he knew there was a possibility he would never see fuyao again if he didn't resort to making her enter the palace. our poor puppy planned quite quickly so his lady love doesn't disappear from his life forever. so i'm still convinced it's mostly because he wanted to keep her by his side for as long as possible although his ulterior motive is to decide what to do regarding his master's will. but you're right in the sense that that proposition wasn't intended as marriage or as life long. i guess wuji realized how important she is to him when he couldn't stop himself from kissing her in the underwater scene and when he truly recognized that he had placed her in a dangerous, unpredictable situation with the crazy consort.

i would love for someone to compose a list of flirty and dirty things wuji said to fuyao.

as jiang feng said, fuyao made wuji more human. the way i see it, fuyao increased wuji's testosterone to a new level. never have i witnessed such a chilvarous and stereotypical heroic male lead turn so pervy (but not too gross) around a female lead. this is what makes this show so interesting.

11 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

- If I remember correctly, Wuji did not call Fuyao "Yatou" (丫頭)
丫頭 means to call the girl in ancient China.

- You read on the wiki "Taiyan is the daughter of Wuji's master" right? I do not know where they got this information, since there is only information that Taiyan is a Feiyan's disciple up to now.

- I think the poster expresses the true relationship between Wuji and Fuyao: "相爱 相 杀" 

Mi Mi also rep when asked about this.

Thanks for the info :)

About Tai yan, there is some convo between her and Wuji after his coronation of Deep Water Kingdom but I don't remember it now. I think I have to rewatch it.

4 hours ago, dillycat said:

No before she did 2 series with Hu Ge the Fairy of Liao Zhao and Padadin 3.  With FSF they did Palace, Legend of Militarty Seal and symphony of Fate.  But after that she sort change direction, there is hope though.  I am interest in her other drama she going to star in but haven’t got male lead yet Once Young. Anyone got update on this?

fairy of liao zhao = dark tales. it was a collection of mini series, but not long enough to satisfy my thirst for huge and yang mi.  so at most, they co-starred in 1.25 series together...hehe.

i forgot that fsf and yang mi did a series together when she was like 16 or 17. so he's the other exception to the rule and has 2 series and 1 movie (but both were guest stars in the movie) with yang mi. so that's equivalent to 2.1 series.

but honestly, i think part of the reason she doesn't collaborate with the same male lead is to avoid gossip as well. she has such strong chemistry with her male leads that many times, tabloids speculate her relationship with them (for example, fsf after gong and i think he did have quite a crush on her, hu ge and yang mi though it's sort of an open secret that they dated, and li yi feng and yang mi despite her being married to hawick at this point).

she did three projects with wallace huo, but this is her first series where she is playing a romantic interest opposite him. i need to clarify that yang mi rarely costars as a romantic interest with the same male lead in series except for fsf and hawick lau.

i would absolutely love for her to collaborate with ethan again (as in starring together as the otp) but i'm keeping my expectations low so as not to be disappointed. at least LOF is a 66 episode series so my eyes were able to feast on my favorite otp's journey of self discovery and love and saving the five kingdoms. at least, if they are only destined to star in one drama together, at least it's one that i have greatly enjoyed so far. i hope for a solid and happy ending so i can binge watch it on viki and read the live comments. i love how the comment section explodes in certain scenes too.

oh, i find it interesting that yang mi so far has better fight sequences than ethan. i mean, wuji bodysurfed to get to fuyao before prince yi could kill/rape her and we can appreciate how powerful he is. however, we haven't had the chance to see ethan fight one on one with a worthy opponent so he can really demonstrate how powerful he truly is. his best fighting sequence so far, in my opinion, is against qi zhen and fuyao was there to help. 

for fuyao, i am quite impressed by these fighting scenes:

against senior yan when she finally walked away from him.

against prince yi after being outted as pretending to be the fake folian princess when she really is the folian princess. i guess the attempted rape scene that i didn't see.

against qi zhen with wuji.

and against the black militia leader.

i look forward to some of wuji's solo fight scenes. i guess he's so powerful that he can easily take down opponents so we never really get to see what he's capable of.

i will soon get to see episodes 57 and 58...i'm soooo excited. 

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Re this poster, my thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

I think it is quite brilliant. On the ‘surface’ they are a couple that is destined to ‘fight’ or potentially ‘kill’ each other due to external forces; but as reflected in the water and on a deeper level, there is love between them. You can see their hands are reaching out to each other. Their love is also hidden to an extent to outsiders - maybe that they underestimate WuFu’s love and meaning for each other. They also role play multiple roles in parallel to these themes too. 

i've never paid close attention to the poster before this. you're brilliant for being able to come up with this analysis. as for me, i just thought...oh, another pretty poster before the series soon airs. yippee.

9 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

i've never paid close attention to the poster before this. you're brilliant for being able to come up with this analysis. as for me, i just thought...oh, another pretty poster before the series soon airs. yippee.

Actually at first when I saw first 10 eps I thought that somehow FY will get to know about Wuji's mission of finding her and will distance herself from him, leading to fight between them which portrayed by them holding the swords but deep down they love each other which showed by their reflection in water. But I never thought that he will fall head over heels in love with her and at the same time successfully hide his secret mission from her. Good :thumbsup:

Archived