Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

Found it. Ep 37 when Fuyao ‘s poison was acting up in the cave with Yalan Zhu

10 hours ago, Di~ said:

It’s quite popular especially after they co-produced ten miles. 

Yang Mi is one of the co-founders.

I don’t think Ethan will ever join her studio. 

Apparently her company has a value of 700 million 

10 hours ago, Di~ said:

I think they only recruit new talents.

I’m still trying to find their newest photobook so we can be certain who’s under her studio. The ones that I’m sure are Dilraba, Vengo Gao, Zhang Binbin, Leon Zhang Yunlong, Lai Yi and some others that I recognize the faces but forget the names. But if you watched Ten Miles then you’ve already seen at least 7 or 8 of them (not sure about the number) 

for those who want to know more about Jaywalk Studio (or Yang Mi’s studio, media usually write it like that) 

They dont just have new talents .

Vin Zhang
Dilraba Dilmurat - semi a part of it

Gao Weiguang

Zhang Yunlong

They have quite a few older people. 

10 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

I do not know how to explain. But why did he have to join Yang Mi's studio? And what would the studio agree with that ?

Ethan has his own team/group/management company. And Yang Mi's studio also has its own rules/standard. Yang Mi is just a big shareholder in Jaywalk now.

I like the chemistry of Ethan and Yang Mi onscreen but I'm not too hype on them in real life. Each of them has their own path and career so it is not necessary to stick his or her name together.

I just hope they can reunite in historical drama in the future.

She has always been a big shareholder nothing has changed?

2012: Jay Walk World Studio is established by Yang Mi in collaboration with H&R Century Pictures.
2013: The company becomes official.
March 2014: Yang Mi and her two managers, Zeng Jia and Zhao Ruoxiao, invest USD450,000 into Jay Walk World Studio. Each of the three own 19% of the company's shares.
June 2017: The company announces that it has secured USD36.8 million of new shares. Consequently, the company's market capitalisation is worth USD700 million.
2017: Jiaxing reached a deal with Walt Disney Studios to develop live action films in China.

So yeah she does not have control but she has 19% of the share's. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

She has always been a big shareholder nothing has changed?

Not exactly a big shareholder, just 19%. But as expressed by the management of Jaywalk (YT below), Yang Mi is undoubtedly the 'heart and soul' of Jaywalk Studio, without whom it would not have had its wide repute and its successes thus far, let alone the grooming and the induction of over 20 actors and actresses to date, some of whom have become very popular as well. 

From other C-reports, Lai Yi has finally become popular, under Yang Mi's guidance and promotion. Guess which drama catapulted Lai Yi to stardom? Not any of his previous dramas. But, yup, it's Legend of Fuyao. :thumbsup:

pi1dHbI.png

Src: Chart as of Aug 5, 2018 http://s.weibo.com/weibo/%23电视剧扶摇%23

Oh wow! Ethan has overtaken Vengo Gao in popularity, and catching up to Yang Mi too. He was quite low in the chart when he started LoF. Congrats Ethan:thumbsup:. You are awesome! And you are another actor that has the limelight shine on you a lot more, once again because of Yang Mi's influence and guidance. And of course, because of your superb performance in LoF!

Truly hope Ethan Ruan and Yang Mi will once again be paired up in another C-drama.  I know I (and many of you) will be missing WuFu a darn lot when LoF ends. How I wish there are more than 66 eps... :( 

• Like 12

Yang mi now has 7% of the shares so she has less say in the company. What I don't get is how she can offer the role of Xiao yiao (main lead in lost you forever) to dilreba despite this. But because she is the face and one of the founders of jaywalk studio, it is still known as her company when it truly isn't anymore.

Ethan so deserves this popularity surge, and he knew with yang mi costarring with him, this would happen. Smart move for taking a huge pay cut to star in this role. It truly paid off.

As I said, given yang mi's track record, I highly doubt they will costar in another series and I'm now dreading the ending as i know longer get to see my wufus journey. I can only rewatch it. I wouldn't mind if the series was longer as long as the pacing was consistent. Too much time was spent on the tianshas arc, and I know that was really done to promote vengo but I think it backfired. This arc just highlight how weak of an actor he is but he's very handsome at least.

Ethan's wuji has set the bar so high for future historical male leads in terms of skills, looks, and personality. I have the screenwriters, the director, wufu's chemistry, and of course Ethan himself to thank for this amazing role. Ethan deserves everything coming his way. As for yang mi, I'm not worried. Like hu ge said, gold will shine no matter how much you try to hide it. Everyone in the industry know she is a ratings hit and can catapult an underappreciated or underrated talented male lead.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Ep 37 after their confession.

I had to rewatch that scene as I totally missed that part the first time. And I also forgot that he indirectly proposed to her in that scene too.

In that same scene, she joked around about how she's glad she's not his enemy, then he told her that she could be his family instead. They are love goals.

• Like 2

To be honest, Ten Miles has a better script and direction but LOFY has better chemistry between the OTP. Not saying Mark and Yang Mi have bad chemistry in TMOPB. But in terms of the OTP's relationship in the drama, LOFY wins. I love how WJ and FY come to know each other so well to openly talk, trust, support, protect, encourage, and assist each other. There's also a lot of honesty and respect they give. That's what I love so much about this OTP and they'll probably become my number 1 OTP's out of all the Asian dramas I've watched. :)

@jadecloud, Vengo is that popular to be at the top? Haha. Glad Ethan is rising up! 

I've also taken a few days off work for the finale this week! :lol: Continue to spoil me please! I can't watch live stream since I'm in the U.S. ^_^

• Like 10

people are criticizing the performance of Vengo, but in comparison to his performance in TMOPB, he has improved a lot.

He was horrible doing the emperor of the human world

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramaaddiction said:

it is still known as her company when it truly isn't anymore

Like you mentioned, YM's shares have been diluted. It isn't known as YM's company anymore. YM has said that herself too. YM's just regarded as an important founder and influence for it, and lots of gratitude for her 'good connections' and the 'power of (her) fame'. And she still has a fair bit of say in the company's future direction and projects.

Ethan so deserves this popularity surge, and he knew with yang mi costarring with him, this would happen. Smart move for taking a huge pay cut to star in this role. It truly paid off.

Oh yes. Ethan definitely deserves his fame now. Not that he wasn't famous before. In fact, he himself reckoned he got famous way too early, LOL. That was when he won the Golden Horse, a very coveted award in Asia.

Ethan basically took on the role of Wuji because of Yang Mi. He must be well-aware of the power of Yang Mi. Who knows, Mark's success and prior record could have been his push? Moreover, I'm sure Ethan would have spoken with his bud Mark, prior to taking on the project. No matter how we look at it, or how Ethan looks at it, he should count himself lucky to be given this opportunity to even consider taking on this role. From other C-reports, it appears to be a pact that Yang Mi has made with Jackie Chan that made her offer this role to Ethan. 

Whatever that may be, I'm glad Ethan is Wuji and that we have Wufu to salivate lol over. I WANT MORE OF WUFU! Really desperate mode now that LoF is wrapping up soon, lol!:blush:

Prev Ep 62

Not sure if this has been posted. Looking at it, I'm thinking perhaps screenwriter will use the maxim, 'love conquers all evil' to round off LoF? Perhaps that's what Wuji and Fuyao will do, in concert, to use the power of their love for each other, and for the five states, as the main impetus for them to defeat this 'deadly prophecy'? 

A beautiful thing of nature - a lotus flower, a lotus-born Fuyao - is about to be transformed and wrecked, by a 'deadly prophecy'? And via a 'fatal love'? NOOOO!!! NOOOO!!!!!!   

1jLfIMi.png

c8YzcGd.png

Spoiler

Lk1Rmng.png

MbLu3zU.png

Ag2KoGP.png

cv891Ll.png

CR: All scaps from weibo/preview vid.

But, I do have faith that WuFu will emerge well, and still in love. Crazy in love:wub:, like crazy me/us, WuFu fandom :wub:. hehe....

• Like 5

@jadecloud I also believe your theory of "Love conquers all." After WJ helped unseal the first seal of FY's, he said he knows "she will make the right choice." So I'm assuming he has faith in FY and knows FY can overcome DFT if he is awaken and takes control of her when all the seals are unlock. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

They dont just have new talents .

Vin Zhang
Dilraba Dilmurat - semi a part of it

Gao Weiguang

Zhang Yunlong

They have quite a few older people. 

They already joined her company since the beginning. And I’m sure they were new talents at that time, or maybe they had become actors for quite some time but not famous yet. 

@jadecloud

what pact did Yang Mi make with Jackie Chan? 

Ethan is getting more famous I agree but it’s not that big. I could feel the rising of tao’s popularity (especialy on weibo) when negotiator was airing but I haven’t seen the same thing happen to Ethan yet. 

Yang Mi has been getting alot of new followers on weibo because of Fuyao, alot more than Ethan. But when negotiator was airing, Tao gained million followers (at least 2 or 3 mil) in 2 weeks, alot more than what Yang Mi gained at the same time. 

Yang Mi has now had 85 million followers on weibo. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's MONDAY!!!!!!!!!

Never have I ever been so happy on a Monday for months... :joy:

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

It's MONDAY!!!!!!!!!

Never have I ever been so happy on a Monday for months... :joy:

Me too. I was just about to post this. Never have I dreaded weekends and look forward to Monday until this series. I look forward to resuming my normal routine after fuyao!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Anyone know if dramaferve will sub another chinese historical drama after Fuyao?
lately dramfever has subtitled many modern dramas, and I don't much like modern Chinese dramas

Me too. I was just about to post this. Never have I dreaded weekends and look forward to Monday until this series. I look forward to resuming my normal routine after fuyao!

Me 3. So happy it’s Monday. Let’s enjoy the last week of WuFu!! 

I think Yang Mi made the choice to focus on acting vs being involved in the operations of Jaywalk. Being one of the founders, having 9% share, and remaining a popular and good actress is a good strategy and she win both ways. 

Ethan has done well as Wuji (his performance speaks for itself) and no doubt his popularity resurged. Happy for him too.

Also happy for Leon Lai Yi too. I didn’t really notice him before Fuyao but he really did portrayed Dr. Z so well, especially when he was in revenge mode lol.

Maybe we all can do a re-watch together afterwards to cope from withdraws. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Maybe we all can do a re-watch together afterwards to cope from withdraws. 

YesSS! @stella77 I'm planning to re-watch after the drama is completely aired. Currently, I temporarily ceased watching with Eng-sub at Ep 38 but am up-to-date with the raws. It'll be really great if we could re-watch together; cheer together; analyse together; rant together; cry together; swoon together; n admire/praise/love WuFu together from Ep 1.

Besides loving this drama, I also love the comradeship, camaraderie and postings of our chingu here in this thread... wish to be with you all as long as possible <3 <3 <3 

:love:

• Like 6

Can someone translate this? I don't know what it says but it relates to the drama. 

Spoiler

• Like 3

20 hours ago, stella77 said:

Ah I have read this novel and it is pretty good! Also one of the better ones I have read. Was also wondering if any studio has adapted it for film or TV. I think it is more suitable for a film since it is shorter than most novels (vs Fuyao or Rise of the Phoenixes). 

I haven’t read Tong Hua’s Lost You Forever but know that it is available here. Maybe at the next book fair, I will look for it. Some of her novels are great but sad. 

I join you guys in for hoping YM and E can reunite in future projects too. We will need time to recover from WuFu. 

A movie with Yang Mi n Ethan as OTP will be so great, since many said it's impossible that Yang Mi will act in another drama with Ethan. Why impossible??? Yang Mi acted with Wallace Huo (another of my bias since binge-watching The Vigilantes in Masks) thrice ie a drama n a movie before with a forthcoming drama... so there's still hope :D ** pray fervently **

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

YesSS! @stella77 I'm planning to re-watch after the drama is completely aired. Currently, I temporarily ceased watching with Eng-sub at Ep 38 but is up-to-date with the raws. It'll be really great if we could re-watch together; cheer together; analyse together; rant together; cry together; swoon together; n admire/praise/love WuFu together from Ep 1.

Besides loving this drama, I also love the comradeship, camaraderie and postings of our chingu here in this thread... wish to be with you all as long as possible <3 <3 <3 

:love:

Let’s do it! We can set an episode on a day or a few per week etc. I join your prayer circle for YM and Ethan to reunite on any screen as OTP lol I write this with Madonna’s Like a Prayer playing so funny! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Let’s do it! We can set an episode on a day or a few per week etc. I join your prayer circle for YM and Ethan to reunite on any screen as OTP lol I write this with Madonna’s Like a Prayer playing so funny! 

:wub: Let's Do It!!! Fighting!!! 

• Like 3