[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

18 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:
  Reveal hidden contents

iam agree i support too...LOL..

i will buy the dvd if happy ending and rewatch this series again.:heart: 

Spoiler

Oh me too! To date I only own TMOPB on DVD. Been trying to find NiF with English subs on DVD and I can’t. If next week goes well, I will probably buy Fuyao too.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:
  Hide contents

Are the novel told they are reincarnated too? i don't want their happy ending with reincarnation...it's same bad ending because wufu still died, i don't want wufu character died, because they already struggling hard for 5 kingdom's peace , it's not fair if their ending is reincarnation...

oh yeah, i want to asked, i ever seen trailer or songs sountrack where fuyao eye's likes flashback our incident like when at war area, and others, and she looks rather afraid, and she look back to wuji ( sit behind her) and wuji smile with her then hugged her...does it's the end too? cause at the scene, i looks wuji's hair style is like now when he still prince tianquan.

Spoiler

Me neither, i don't want reincarnation. Hope there isn't. 

I don't remember this scene, i only remember Fuyao had a vision in the mystic cave ( i don't remember the name) when she entered with Wuji, about a dead soldiers and Wuji behind her injured i think. Let's hope the two posted pictures on the bridge is the end ^^

12 hours ago, ouilala said:

thoughts after watching ep 59 

Hide contents

WJ dad is so jian! (scheming) he play nice dad now to worm his way to WJ heart to borrow Wuji's hand to kill his real dad Prince De.

how dare he act like he love wj and happy for him to find love and hope he be together with FY to play nice dad!:rage:

and once wj find out prince De is his biological dad he will forever carry guilt of killing his own dad

(forebrooding for ep 60, 61  cld be the one where wj was in mourning clothes...baseless guesswork from me lol )

and his chong qiong teacher is also stress!!! stop forcing wj to make a choice and kill FY! 

u endgameboss u go kill di fei tian la!

omg it turned out sounding angry lol

and he stupid why destroy WJ internal energy if he want wj to be strong enough to kill a major evil. kinda doesn't make sense.

teacher lack of sight made WJ so injured and so weak in the preview. ugh

I'm totally agree, and one thing i got from this XuanJi episodes, it said that  XuanJi will fall if they had no Phoenix spirit queen, and it's happened Fuyao is the only Phoenix spirit now.

While she is also the source of De fitien.. who will turn world into chaos.

So, as a XuanJi Queen, if she died, Xuanji fall then  world 5 regions will chaos, but if she's a life, de fitien is also will make the world doomed. Gossshhh... This is too radicilous.. both options just end up with doomed fate for 5 regions... That is what wuji should say it to his stupid teacher. 

Sorry for another rants, just wondering and worry how this script writers will make an end to this confusing fate ... lol

46 minutes ago, jigah said:

@faykey agree. Fuyao alone has so many contradictory roles ck ck ck

1. The girl with 5 color stones who will bring destruction to the 5 kingdoms

2. Heir/Queen of Xuanji - the only with Phoenix spirit 

3. Lotus girl 

ya same here...wonder how are the screen writers gonna end it...i hope they can tie up all these plot holes nicely 

Some official photo of Taiyan. She's so pretty right ? 

Taiyan is an interesting character in the novel. The beauty of this actress is  quite suitable for that role.
But on the drama, this is an annoying character up to now.

Spoiler

7a251745ly4ftwqpy5ljpj20u00k00tz.jpg7a251745ly4ftwqpya15dj20u00k0dhi.jpg7a251745ly4ftwqpy4d74j20u00fsq4m.jpg7a251745ly4ftwqpy59c9j20u00k0abg.jpg7a251745ly4ftwqpyp84kj20u00k0dhd.jpg7a251745ly4ftwqpy6gbkj20u00k0q4k.jpg7a251745ly4ftwqpy6cfvj20u00jzmys.jpg

Did you guys have expectations from this drama? I am still at ep 57 and probably will finish ep 60 by tonight. I haven't been irritated watching ep 35 onwards from Monday.

Folian is irritating yes. The Queen was OTT in most of her episodes. Everything was so tv dramatic that I was laughing quite a bit. 

I was more curious about the torture method for the Lady Wan ( or whatever her title was ). Then how many candles could the production possibly use? Or the super wide, dry as a bone and clean prison corridor. Or the random cloth covered table and chair in ep 57 that Wuji was sitting on. It was just a pathway not even under a pavilion.

Or the beautiful couple pose WJ and FY made posing against the railing overlooking the bridge when she was the Queen.

But irritated with the characters. Not so much. I just wondered who did the actual stabbing for the First Heir. The Queen or Folian. 

But man some of you are so irate. Did we seriously come across a beautifully written, logical characters and correctly cast drama that often? There are so many badly carried out dramas that I just don't hope for much. Then am not disappointed.

I didn’t have any expectations when starting this drama, and haven’t read the novel either. I saw one of the MV on YT & decided to check it out - marathoned 25 eps and continue with its live broadcast.  There’s a right amount of comedy from the first 30 episodes which I enjoyed very much.  Some of the episodes in Tianshia could’ve shortened and given more character development to Fuyao and her arc.  Recent episodes felt like a roller coaster, they just explained things and we’re not seeing the process.  The overall production value is good, I watched it for the OTP, some episodes in the latter are just hit and missed... 

My fav 2018 C-drama and this guy... <3 

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2010%2055%2014%20PM.gi

Most comments I read prefer Ethan in period pieces & doesn’t like him in modern attire ... he looks sharp with the right hairstyle 

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2010%2016%2002%20PM.jp

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2010%2016%2015%20PM.jp

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2010%2057%2034%20PM.jp

Photo%20Aug%2004,%209%2052%2057%20AM.jpg

Not ready for the finale ... 

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2010%2059%2041%20PM.jp

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2010%2059%2045%20PM.jp

Photo%20Aug%2003,%2011%2001%2046%20PM.jp

Photo%20Aug%2004,%209%2022%2001%20AM.jpg

@apdy, thank you for highlighting the issue I have with the Xianju arc. Things happened too fast without a solid emotional process regarding the royal family. The parts with WuFu’s childhood are solid though because we already know their characters and the flashbacks just enriches their story. I wished there was more of an emotional impact of the eldest princess’ demise but it just happened so quickly. Yet perhaps that’s the way it might have been in the novel...I don’t know. I’m hoping that I get more of an emotional connection to the stories of the people whom Fu Yao loved in the past in the episodes after 56. I want to feel and understand what Fu Yao went through as a child.

Spoiler

I know that Fuyao will have 5 spells removed, there are already three of them which are removed, i am wondering how will the fourth spell be removed? I think the last one will be in ancient firmament with the awakning of De Fei Tian as i saw in one of the trailer!!

One of members mentioned that in the novel Tai Yan, Wuji's disciple had a role to save him and fuyao in the end, and did a sacrify, anyone knows about it?

9 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Which scenes would you say is Yang Mi's best acting performance?

The episode where fuyao is drunk in the snow and wuji appears but fuyao thought she was hallucinating. That was touching and the best I've ever seen from her in all projects. I didn't watch the scene where prince yi attempted to rape her as it was too violent for me but the glimpses I've seen show how spectacular her acting is in that scene too.

I find it funny that Ethan never thought his face was suitable for historicals. I wouldn't have thought it too but man is he perfect. Even his fighting sequences look good as his moves are so firm, strong, and solid. But I only want to see him with yang mi from now on ...

Next week is the finale but I seriously need to get over with WuFu’s chemistry in order to start a new drama.

Even when reading novel, I still imagine Yang Mi’s and Ethan’s face on the main characters.

Random: 

currently reading “Accompanying the Phoenix” of my all time fav author. What can I say? I feel that this character Shen Li fit Yang Mi so well? Like, it’s also this kind of ‘girl power’ female centric story. Where the girl is as powerful as other men. But opposite from Fuyao, Shen Li is actually more calm and intelligent when it comes to love and responsibility. Shen Li is always wearing tomboyish clothes bc she is God of War, and is extremely straightforward. 

Meanwhile, Ethan’s sly and “shameless” face match very well with Xing Yun, playful yet kind of heartless. I can imagine Ethan as Xing Yun, pretending to be dumb and mess around with ‘hairless chicken’ Shen Li. Then once he came back as the High Lord Xing Zhi, he would always look out for Shen Li and have to deal with a lot of angst: choosing to love her or protect the world.

yes I’m ranting abt random novel but I seriously hope some good production company would pick this novel up and turn it into something like TMOPB or LOF. Yang Mi and Ethan would made such an awesome comeback with this piece of art.

im open for more good xianxia novel recommendations out there y’all

@Pandafighter86 does that novel have an English translation? I seriously cannot get over wufu's chemistry. I want to see them in more historicals as the main couple before they retire from the show biz. And to think I didn't think it was possible for anyone to top yang mi with hu ge in this lifetime. 

I would love to see them in lost you forever since jaywalk studio already bought the rights to the novel. I don't want dilraba to lead that series. Nothing against her. She is really beautiful, but she doesnt have the on screen presence and  charisma that yang mi has. And Ethan deserves to lead another mega hit with yang mi. They both can have chemistry with a rock but together, they are magnetic, sizzling, unmatchable, and perfect. 

I feel that poor Ethan is stepping down by costarring with Bambi Zhu. Yang mi at least has Wallace huo who has a large fan base and is a powerhouse. I think the Craftsman will be a hit no matter what but I prefer  ethan-mi for now....unless Wallace  has insane chemistry with yang mi. However, he doesn't charm  me the way Ethan can. I need another ethan-mi historical series.

Archived