[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Di~ said:

I don’t think kissasian etc have the steaming rights for fuyao, only Viki and Dramafever do. So we cannot count them in. 

I don’t think fuyao can be categorized as a huge success. Is it successful? Of course it is but not hugely. 

If you are taking huge success by seeing the tv rating then I agree with you it doesn't have good rating, even Negotiator has 1+ on almost every eps, may be we can put Guardian in that category. :lol:

About online views, I don't know how they are counting and I don't even know if Tencent has eng subs. So for international fans we have only two platforms right? But Dramafever is not available in my country and at some point I was annoyed by Viki ads so I moved to other sites. I think that's not fair enough to count that way. 

@lovecarnation As @Di~ said 0.6 B views was earlier views like right now we have around 14 B while the one I counted was taking 10M * 66 (66 for 66 episodes) = 0.66 B . In short if Tencent has 14 B views then we can hope for 5-6 B from combined both Dramafever and Viki right? Hope you understand :)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Di~ said:

we should also consider that TMoPB aired for around 30 days and Fuyao aired for almost 60 days. Princess Agents which aired for almost as long as Fuyao had gained around 40 billions views by the time it ended. I know it's also broadcasted on 6 platforms but it's really successful even internationally. it now has around 48.5 billion views in china (alone)

Wow....I didn't know about this facts. Thanks but I want to ask do they included Dramafever or this is only Chinese websites views?

8 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

If you are taking huge success by seeing the tv rating then I agree with you it doesn't have good rating, even Negotiator has 1+ on almost every eps, may be we can put Guardian in that category. :lol:

About online views, I don't know how they are counting and I don't even know if Tencent has eng subs. So for international fans we have only two platforms right? But Dramafever is not available in my country and at some point I was annoyed by Viki ads so I moved to other sites. I think that's not fair enough to count that way. 

I’m sorry to tell you that kissasian is not a legal streaming site so it can not be included. I bought VIP pass on Viki just for Fuyao. Or just watch on youtube, they are free but also legal and they also have english subtitles. 

Oh about the tv ratings, yeah, I kinda hoped fuyao could have better ratings but considering the first 20 episodes were airing against world cup and tencent released 4 episodes faster for VIP members, I knew it’s kinda a wishful thinking for fuyao breaking 2 in ratings. 

But we got to admit that fuyao had the potential to have better ratings but then it lost its momentum after episode 40 and the ratings definitely showed it. 

32 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Wow....I didn't know about this facts. Thanks but I want to ask do they included Dramafever or this is only Chinese websites views?

You meant about Princess Agents? It has 48.5 billion views in China alone. 

24 minutes ago, Di~ said:

I’m sorry to tell you that kissasian is not a legal streaming site so it can not be included. I bought VIP pass on Viki just for Fuyao. Or just watch on youtube, they are free but also legal and they also have english subtitles. 

Youtube is too slow if I'm watching while the drama is onAir. The official you tube site has subs only for 2 eps while Viki only uploaded 19 eps. Of course in future when I like to watch fuyao I will go for YT. I even saw TMOPB on YT but much later, after 4 or 5 month of release.

16 minutes ago, Di~ said:

You meant about Princess Agents? It has 48.5 billion views in China alone. 

Wow...that's a huge number, I wasn't expecting that because I dropped that drama after ep 25 :lol:

1 hour ago, Di~ said:

It’s not that I don’t want to admit that Fuyao has so far gained a huge success but it is a fact that it hasn’t (not as huge as some of you want). 

I also want fuyao to be a huge success but I don’t think the fact says it is. It’s still one of the most successful chinese series internationally tho. But IMHO you cannot compare it to TMoPB which is considered a classic.  

And I only compared the number of viewings in China only. So far TMoPB has around 50 billion views and Fuyao around 14 billion. But if you want to include the number of viewings in the international websites such as youtube too, trust me TMoPB has alot higher numbers than Fuyao. It also gains 65,000 number of reviews in Dramafever and it scores 4.8 (out of 5) but fuyao with half number of reviews gains “only” 4.7. 

I hope Yang Mi can continue acting in high quality drama in the future but not with ethan again (there are so many actors out there). I want her to act with chinese actors like e.g. Shawn Dou next. I believe they would create a great chemistry together considering how hot Shawn is and what a great actor he is. 

@ilmm

we should also consider that TMoPB aired for around 30 days and Fuyao aired for almost 60 days. Princess Agents which aired for almost as long as Fuyao had gained around 40 billions views by the time it ended. I know it's also broadcasted on 6 platforms but it's really successful even internationally. it now has around 48.5 billion views in china (alone)

Fuyao no longer holds its record as a drama with the most number of views in a single platform while it's airing. It's broken already.

Maybe I am outdated but which drama broke its record? How? What platform? By the way, how many episodes does TMOPB air a day that makes it finish its air within a month? I know there is no use to talk about the views here, but I don think the view depends on how long the drama is aired actually. It may depend on number of episodes, I don know, but the difference between TMOPB and Fuyao is only 8 episodes, which means 1 week difference if 2 episodes are aired for a day and 4 days a week, by this long. I don think makes a huge difference here. I don say TMOPB is not famous oversea, I am a die hard fan actually. I just say that Fuyao is also very popular. Of course, there are people overseas who watch TMOPB but not Fuyao. But there are also people who watch Fuyao but not TMOPB and there are international fans who watch both like me. Anyways, it is a matter of perspective only. Comparing these two is like comparing orange and apple. I don even know if Fuyao is broadcasted through many platforms, how many views it will get, which I think will make a huge difference? Therefore, it is no use to compare here since these two have many different variations from one another. Still, to me, it is a great achievement and it exceeds all my expectations actually. It may not be great for others but it is just a matter of perspective.

13 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Wow...that's a huge number, I wasn't expecting that because I dropped that drama after ep 25 :lol:

I guess my love for the couple.. XingYue! was the main reason I could finish it and watched it over and over. Haha. But I honestly don’t have any regrets watching it. 

11 minutes ago, ilmm said:

Maybe I am outdated but which drama broke its record? By the way, how many episodes does TMOPB air a day that makes it finish its air within a month?

Story of Yan Xi’s palace. It’s even considered more successful because it’s only a webseries and it has now around 14.65 billion views and it hasn’t finished airing (it has but for the VIP members only) 

38 minutes ago, ilmm said:

Maybe I am outdated but which drama broke its record? By the way, how many episodes does TMOPB air a day that makes it finish its air within a month?

I forgot to answer this. TMoPB aired daily, 2 episodes on sunday until thursday and 1 episode on Friday and Saturday 

as for how many views fuyao might get if it’s broadcasted on 6 platforms (full force), I guess that it would not be as successful as TMoPB. Fuyao didn’t create much impact as TMoPB did. When TMoPB was airing, it’s like the whole china are watching and talking about it. You could feel the hype. But it didn’t happen the same way for fuyao. 

@ilmm

of course the number of days matters, the reason is simple, the number of views is counted everyday. And 60 days are twice as long as 30 days. It would definitely get more views in 60 days than in 30 days. 

7 minutes ago, Di~ said:

I guess my love for the couple.. XingYue! was the main reason I could finish it and watched it over and over. Haha. But I honestly don’t have any regrets watching it. 

Story of Yan Xi’s palace. It’s even considered more successful because it’s only a webseries and it has now around 14.65 billion views and it hasn’t finished airing (it has but for the VIP members only) 

Which platform is this? Because I also saw this drama and watch it a bit on Tencent. Anyways, Fuyao is still the most viewed during its air or the most view in 2018 summer. This drama just came later. However, talking about this, I used to see some different opinions on this as well, they say because this drama is only available online and since the story line is interesting, so all viewers have to go online and thus the online views as a sole distributor keep increasing. If it is to be aired on tv, the online views will be different. I actually don know much about this drama. Still, it has many variations from Fuyao, which make it difficult to compare. All records are meant to be broken. Just like TMOPB record is broken by Princess Agent. Anyways, even compared to other dramas, I think Fuyao is still a huge success. 

56 minutes ago, ilmm said:

but the difference between TMOPB and Fuyao is only 8 episodes, which means 1 week difference if 2 episodes are aired for a day and 4 days a week, by this long. I don think makes a huge difference here. 

Sorry I made a mistake, TMoPB aired daily for 2 episodes on sunday to friday and 1 episode on saturday. 

Let’s do math here

TMoPB has 58 episodes

it aired for 13 episodes a week. 

58 / 13 = 4 weeks + 3 days (Broadcast period: 2017 Jan 30 to 2017 Mar 01)

and fuyao has 66 episodes. It aired for 8 episodes a week. 

66 / 8 = 8 weeks + 1 day (Broadcast period: 2018 Jun 18 to 2018 Aug 13)

do you see what I meant?

40 minutes ago, Di~ said:

I forgot to answer this. TMoPB aired daily, 2 episodes on sunday until thursday and 1 episode on Friday and Saturday 

as for how many views fuyao might get if it’s broadcasted on 6 platforms (full force), I guess that it would not be as successful as TMoPB. Fuyao didn’t create much impact as TMoPB did. When TMoPB was airing, it’s like the whole china are watching and loving it. But it didn’t happen the same way for fuyao. 

@ilmm

of course the number of days matters, the reason is simple, the number of views is counted everyday. And 60 days are twice as long as 30 days. It would definitely get more views in 60 days than in 30 days. 

No one knows the soup is good until you taste it. The same thing for Fuyao, no one knows what happens to the views since it hasn't broadcasted through many platforms yet. But if you are just sharing opinion, I could share as well that it can happen. Nothing is impossible but still Who knows since no one has tried it yet? Regarding how many days, I don think it matters. I can say that TMOPB airs daily, that means more view increase daily as well. But Fuyao only airs 4 days, that means the view only increase for those 4 days when the new episodes release otherwise it remain stable. I have Tencent also and I observe that the view is not active much when no new episodes release. So I don think the days matter. But you can say Fuyao airs a week longer since Fuyao has 8 episodes more if both have the same schedule of airing (Fuyao schedule) but 1 week won't make much difference. Regarding the whole China watch or not, I am not sure. but I know Fuyao has a disadvantage of World cup in the first month it is aired and it is not aired on the prime time either, and it air exactly on the time the World cup is aired. So the buzz is more around World cup rather than Fuyao, but I appreciate Fuyao picks up the buzz later. I have a lot of friends in China as well, all of them told me their surroundings are crazy over Fuyao. I don say Fuyao is more popular than TMOPB. I just say both dramas have their own charm that people could enjoy. Also, both have their own sweet popularity and memories in people's heart. Once again, I feel like we should not spend time comparing these two anymore since they can't be compared. I will just enjoy both dramas and remain a good memory in my heart.

43 minutes ago, ilmm said:

Which platform is this? Because I also saw this drama and watch it a bit on Tencent. Anyways, Fuyao is still the most viewed during its air or the most view in 2018 summer. This drama just came later. However, talking about this, I used to see some different opinions on this as well, they say because this drama is only available online and since the story line is interesting, so all viewers have to go online and thus the online views as a sole distributor keep increasing. If it is to be aired on tv, the online views will be different. I actually don know much about this drama. Still, it has many variations from Fuyao, which make it difficult to compare. All records are meant to be broken. Just like TMOPB record is broken by Princess Agent. Anyways, even compared to other dramas, I think Fuyao is still a huge success. 

Iqiyi. It’s not possible to watch it on tencent. It’s solely broadcasted on Iqiyi. 

It’s a webseries. Tell me a webseries that has more than 6 billion views? It’s usually a series that also air on TV that can gain more viewers. It’s not vice versa. So yeah it’s definitely more succesful than Fuyao. 

I still don’t consider Fuyao as a huge success. Even Yang Mi’s fans on weibo are not that enthusiastic with fuyao. Maybe that’s why I don’t consider Fuyao as a huge success. 

25 minutes ago, ilmm said:

No one knows the soup is good until you taste it. The same thing for Fuyao, no one knows what happens to the views since it hasn't broadcasted through many platforms yet. But if you are just sharing opinion, I could share as well that it can happen. Nothing is impossible but still Who knows since no one has tried it yet? Regarding how many days, I don think it matters. I can say that TMOPB airs daily, that means more view increase daily as well. But Fuyao only airs 4 days, that means the view only increase for those 4 days when the new episodes release otherwise it remain stable. I have Tencent also and I observe that the view is not active much when no new episodes release. 

Of course fuyao had decreasing number of views in those 3 days for when no new episodes were released. But still it aired for 60 days. And you should also compare it with TMoPB or any other shows after 60 days (eventho they finished airing days or weeks before).

As for TMoPB, of course it’s not really the whole china was watching it. But it managed to create a buzz to be the most talked about drama of the year. And you can feel the hype. That’s what a popular drama all about. 

5 minutes ago, Di~ said:

Iqiyi. We are not able to watch it on tencent. It’s solely broadcasted on Iqiyi. 

It’s a webseries. Tell me a webseries that has more than 6 billion views? It’s usually a series that also air on TV that can gain more viewers. It’s not vice versa. So yeah it’s definitely more succesful than Fuyao. 

I still don’t consider Fuyao as a huge success. Even Yang Mi’s fans on weibo are not that enthusiastic with fuyao. Maybe that’s why I don’t consider Fuyao as a huge success. 

I just saw it on Tencent some time back, so I just couldn't figure it out why it is only through iQiyi now. But this is not important. Webseries don usually have high viewers but I think they are picking up recently.  Also, like I reply previously, this drama is a huge success and I know that. I can say this is more successful than Fuyao. But of course there are mixed opinions on it because there are many who say since the online is the exclusive distributor, the online view is the hit but if it is also aired on tv, the view will be split. But of course I don say this is not successful. I know it is successful or even more successful than Fuyao maybe by the buzz it gets. What I mean is just because this drama or other dramas are more successful, it doesn't mean Fuyao is not. Just like me, I don have a lot of money as Bill Gates or such but I also consider my life is successful. But it is fine actually. Different people have different opinions and they have their own benchmark to define success. Fuyao also has its own success to my opinion. I don think we should proceed with this discussion since it is not going anywhere anyways and no right or wrong here. It is just a matter of opinion. I understand different people have different opinions over things. It has been nice chatting with you here. Thanks a lot for discussing and sharing with me.

46 minutes ago, Di~ said:

Of course fuyao had decreasing number of views in those 3 days for when no new episodes were released. But still it aired for 60 days. And you should also compare it with TMoPB or any other shows after 60 days (eventho they finished airing days or weeks before).

As for TMoPB, of course it’s not really the whole china was watching it. But it managed to create a buzz to be the most talked about drama of the year. And you can feel the hype. That’s what a popular drama all about. 

I think I also feel the hype of Fuyao actually. Fans are crazy about Fuyao also. Maybe a lot of people don feel the hype but also a lot of people feel the hype. I am following ethan and Yang Mi, and I actually notice the hype there especially Ethan. Idon know TMOPB views after 60 days but I don think it is double the view since the view trend will be automatically decreased, let's just say it is the same as Princess Agent of 40 billion views after it airs. But then it still can't be compared, because If you say I should compare Fuyao to TMOPB after 60 days, then I should say I better compare Fuyao which air on a single platform with other tv dramas not a webseries which air on a single platform and have the same period of airing so I can have like to like comparison otherwise I would compare apple to orange like right now. Anyways, it is fine. Like I said previously, different people have different opinions to define success and everyone has their own benchmark. It has been nice chatting with you and thanks for sharing and discussing with me.

4 hours ago, cukubidu said:

haha...:lol: i know what u feel because when we love our couple. we can't see  her/him pair with other actor.....me too :wub:

seriously...I watch LOFY because YM...I also watch TMOPB because her too...

before this,I feel M & YM (in TMOPB) is my lovely couple I have ever seen because their acting in TMOPB is very good...really superb
but right now , my heart always crazy for wufu couple :lol::wub::lol:

noooo....don't do that .....we must love our wufu couple 4ever :lol::lol: haha

My heart is with Wufu couple as well. I don know when this will end. Or maybe it is endless. 

@ilmm

let me reply to you 1 last time. 

Story of Yan Xi’s palace is solely broadcasted on Iqiyi from the start. 

I agree that webseries are getting more successful but they hadn’t been more succesful than TV series before. Even the most successful one like a love so beautiful only had 5.5 billion views. The guardian has around 3 billion views. Legend of yun xi has around 3 billion views. They are far less than TV series like sweet dreams that has around 7 billion views, sweet combats that has around 8 billion views. Why? Because a webseries is usualy only broadcasted on 1 platform (this is already a disadvantage). So when a webseries gain more viewers than a tv drama, it should be considered as a very huge success. 

I never said that fuyao is not successful but you seem to want it to be more successful than it actually is. Let see why I don’t consider fuyao as a HUGE (I just want to emphasis the word) success. Firstly it’s not the most talked about drama when it’s airing. It maybe was for the first two weeks and people were still talking about it in the third and the fourth week but then it died down. You know what scenes got the most attention? Some of fuyao’s most important scenes. The she almost got raped one. The please open the yao city’s gate one. Secondly people on weibo (even yang mi’s fans) were not that enthusiastic about it. And honestly this what made me sad the most. It’s Yang Mi’s hardwork for goodness sake. Thirdly you can see from the ratings.

I’m only being honest here. I know you all want Fuyao to be the most successful drama ever. But well IMHO it’s not 

I have a hate and fear relationship with Fuyao. I hate it for finishing so soon, and I fear its withdrawal symdrome prevents me from watching other dramas.

Whenever I saw my Wuji in distress, I always scream, "How many times has Zhangsun Wuji been hurt, been harmed, and tortured? How long before a man like that has had enough?". Quoted from Mission Impossible 6.

21 minutes ago, Di~ said:

@ilmm

let me reply to you 1 last time. 

Story of Yan Xi’s palace is solely broadcasted on Iqiyi from the start. 

I agree that webseries are getting more successful but they hadn’t been more succesful than TV series before. Even the most successful one like a love so beautiful only had 5.5 billion views. The guardian has around 3 billion views. Legend of yun xi has around 3 billion views. They are far less than TV series like sweet dreams that has around 7 billion views, sweet combats that has around 8 billion views. Why? Because a webseries is usualy only broadcasted on 1 platform (this is already a disadvantage). So when a webseries gain more viewers than a tv drama, it should be considered as a very huge success. 

I never said that fuyao is not successful but you seem to want it to be more successful than it actually is. Let see why I don’t consider fuyao as a HUGE (I just want to emphasis the word) success. Firstly it’s not the most talked about drama when it’s airing. It maybe was for the first two weeks and people were still talking about it in the third and the fouth week but then it died down. You know what scenes got the most attention? Some of fuyao’s important scenes. The she almost got raped one. The please open the yao city’s gate one. Secondly people on weibo (even yang mi’s fans) were not that enthusiastic about it. And honestly this what made me sad the most. It’s Yang Mi’s hardwork for goodness sake. Thirdly you can see from the ratings.

I’m only being honest here. I know you all want Fuyao to be the most successful drama ever. But well IMHO it’s not 

Allow me to reply to you one last time as well. I hope our discussion stops at here. Rating is one indicator but I rarely judge drama based on its rating anyways. So now Let's forget rating and all any other dramas since we can't compare them together anyways. Maybe I misunderstood your statement cos I thought you said Fuyao is not successful at all, and I apologise for that. But please let me make myself clear. Never in my statement did I intend to say Fuyao is the most successful drama nor did I want Fuyao to be the most successful or did I want it to be more successful than  it actually is. What i say is Fuyao exceeds all my expectations and to me the drama has made a great success. However, I also said others may not feel the same since their expectations and their experiences of the drama are not the same. Some fans and I may feel the hype about this drama but not to the level as the most talked drama, but it has some hype in there. But I never desire it to be the most talked either, and it doesn't need it to be because this much is good enough for me. Of course Fuyao is more famous than some dramas but less famous than some other dramas, which is expected. Nothing is perfect, but this level is already good for me even not for others. I hope I made myself clear this time. Anyways, thanks for chatting with me throughout this time, and I hope our discussion ends here and really appreciate if you won't continue further.

1 hour ago, ilmm said:

I think I also feel the hype of Fuyao actually. Fans are crazy about Fuyao also. Maybe a lot of people don feel the hype but also a lot of people feel the hype. I am following ethan and Yang Mi, and I actually notice the hype there especially Ethan. Idon know TMOPB views after 60 days but I don think it is double the view since the view trend will be automatically decreased, let's just say it is the same as Princess Agent of 40 billion views after it airs. But then it still can't be compared, because If you say I should compare Fuyao to TMOPB after 60 days, then I should say I better compare Fuyao which air on a single platform with other tv dramas not a webseries which air on a single platform and have the same period of airing so I can have like to like comparison otherwise I would compare apple to orange like right now. Anyways, it is fine. Like I said previously, different people have different opinions to define success and everyone has their own benchmark. It has been nice chatting with you and thanks for sharing and discussing with me.

I’m on Yang Mi’s supertalk everyday when fuyao was airing and I didn’t feel the hype. That’s why some of yang mi’s fans were frustated that bees (that’s what yang mi’s fans are called) didn’t show enough enthusiasm. Maybe it’s the other way around on Ethan’s side. Well you can see from this forum, the ones that really love fuyao are mostly his fans or wufu fans. And yang mi’s fans (on weibo. I corrected my statement here) don’t care about her co-stars or wufu at all. 

Ethan seemed to promote this couple but Yang Mi clearly didn’t. Yang Mi only shared  things about Fuyao, her many disguises etc but she never shared anything about wufu. 

Yeah I know we cannot compare Fuyao and TMoPB in number of viewings directly because of the reason that you stated clearly but I still think that fuyao would not be as successful as TMoPB in terms of number of viewings. It’s not just a hunch. It’s what I concluded after I saw how fuyao declined in number of viewings more and more each week after episode 36. For comparison only, Sweet dream’s number of viewings only declined in its last week (after at least 4/5 of the total episodes). Same as sweet combat etc. Fuyao’s number of viewings started to decline in the 5th week. 

@ilmm

I have stated my opinion so okay I’ll stop here. And thanks for the discussion too. 

Archived