[Japanese Drama 2017] Kahogo no Kahoko, Overprotectiveness's Kahoko, 過保護のカホコ , Wednesdays 22:00 ep3 sub update

0ly40

Kahogo no Kahoko

Resultado de imagen para 過保護のカホコ

Plot

Kahoko Nemoto (Mitsuki Takahata) is a naive 21-year-old university student. She relies on her mother, Izumi (Hitomi Kuroki), for everything in her life. Her mother wakes her up everyday, picks up her clothes, while Kahoko Nemoto has never done housework or driven a car. One day, Kahoko Nemoto meets a young man who grew up in a completely opposite environment.

Cast

Source: Asianwiki

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a cute drama! Sadly it's not being subbed as fast (well, as fast as I'd like it to be), but that's understandable since subbers have lives. :D Careful! Major character spoilers below.

Spoiler

The lead lady is super adorable and totally clueless. She's lived this life totally controlled, and naïve to the realities of life. She also seems a bit slow on the up-take, and prone to make a ton of blunders along the way, but her cheerful and resilient disposition, the never give up attitude, makes her be the heroine you can cheer for. Her mom seems to be the type that can't handle failure, (maybe she's traumatized...) and especially cannot handle things she doesn't understand or get, so she tends to block out or not deal with it. But she's the queen bee of her little world and lets everyone know she has all the answers, no room for discussion there. lol. She deeply loves her little girl, but to the point that her daughter's failures are HER failures, therefore she's gone out of her way to make sure her daughter doesn't have any fails. This is not a healthy Motherly Love. Everyone has to be taught life's lessons: When you fall and scrape yourselves, sure it hurts and it bleeds, but then you get up, dust off/clean up, and move on. Just cuz you fell once, it doesn't mean it won't happen again, nor does it mean that it's the end of the world. You just prepare yourself for the next scrape and enjoy growth. I hope the mother learns to grow beyond her borders too.

I enjoy the lead guy. You can tell he's had a hard life. Probably had to fend for himself at an early age so that he's uber cynical. I think his character needs the main lady to balance out his negativity (why are all his paintings black and red?! He needs to keep drawing portraits; he's way more talented doing that! lol) and to give him faith. She needs him to expand her world, and teach her valuable life lessons, since her parents cannot. They've already had a good effect on each other by the 3rd episode. Love it! Plus, I adore their height distance! Omo. Swoon.

I won't talk much about her Dad. He's just a kitty cat in his grownup shoes. *eyes rolling* Though, his inner commentary is hilarious. The descriptions of his family with animals is spot-on! Hahahah. I await for him to grow his man-pants and mane-up. LOL. 

This is an interesting drama. Hopefully more people will take to it and enjoy it greatly too.

This drama looks promising. It reminds me of the french film Amelie. The lead lady is so good as if she has jumped right out of a manga. 

The lead guy is cute and sexy!

On 8/2/2017 at 7:18 AM, Jafstar said:

Plus, I adore their height distance! Omo. Swoon.

:D I am swooning too! They are perfect casting!

movielosophy-2017-07-14-21h29m51s519.jpg

cr: http://movielosophy02.blogspot.com/2017/07/kahoko-no-kagoko.html

DFp9o0SUQAARqwi.jpg

cr: https://twitter.com/mfsubs/status/890162111057231872

Beneath all the manga-ness you can see how it is a comment about not being a sheep and having a herd mentality. Think for yourself. Think what you want to do in your life. Kahoko inspite being a bit slow asks the right questions and surely she will find her answers.

6 hours ago, desertflower said:

Sounds fun!  I'm going to watch it and I am hoping episodes get subbed soon.  If anyone can do recaps of the episodes that would be wonderful!

I wish there was more of an interest in translating Japanese.  There is (as I understood) only one person translating this particular drama, and they are amazing. :D Watching the raws in the meantime are fun! But I agree, if there's anyone out there that could take the time to give a recap, we'd greatly appreciate it!!! 

@staygold Thank you for the pictures. So pretty! I'm not tech savvy enough to post pics so I'm grateful someone else is. 

@lee-chan She seems to be a versatile actress. I was wondering where I saw her, and realized she was the lead in Evergreen Love, which I enjoyed.

Episode 2 English subbed is up and floating the internet! :D

@lee-chan Me too, happy with Ryoma being lead. He caught my eye in Reach for the Blue Sky. These leads are adorable together. 

Episode 2 spoiler below:

Spoiler

I love how MH offers to be Kahoko's support when she can't tell her Mom things, even volunteers his chest for her to cry upon. lol. Does he realize what he's getting himself into? Don't just be worried about her throwing up on you, MH! :wub: 

This is fast becoming an addiction...we need episode 3 please! :lol:

ep. 4 subbed was a total surprise...  I thought Kohoko's father was apologizing to the artist because she ruined 3 paintings.  But it was actually him requesting that he keep seeing Kohoko because she has a lot to learn about the world and can learn from being friends with him.  Plus she is very sad without seeing him.

So cute!  The way the artist didn't want to paint the cousin after she said negative things.  It seems that he actually likes Kohoko's positive innocence more than the tarnished views of some.

The artist wanted to paint for Kohoko because she believes in him and wants to see his best work..  the work that he's painted while he's viewed his subject with an open heart.

Kohoko is growing up and finally she used "I" instead of "Kohoko" wants x, y & z.  This third person speak needs to end so she can own her own thoughts and actions.

The father also has now stepped up and taken action by going to see Kohoko's future boyfriend.  Cute!

The whole family is growing up.  Even okaasan is letting Kohoko go a little.

I wish it was releasing in two episode per week.  I am really enjoying it!

Really loves kahogo no kahoko..  Kahoko is cute and Mugino is charming. 

But why the subs lagged behind.. 

Hope everyone watch this and rating will go up,  and .. the subs will release soon after the drama airing..  

Such a cute drama, i'm really loving it. Especially kohoko and hajimes height difference aaaaah it makes me squeel every time how tall he is compared to her :wub: I do get frustrated with how much of a goody-goody kohoko is tho. Can't keep anything secret without it eating her alive smh. I hate people like that but i cant hate her lol

13 hours ago, ritzme said:

Really loves kahogo no kahoko..  Kahoko is cute and Mugino is charming. 

But why the subs lagged behind.. 

Hope everyone watch this and rating will go up,  and .. the subs will release soon after the drama airing..  

Hi, yeah this is an addicting drama, want more and more! lol From what I understand, there is only one independent person subbing it. Mottofreaky is their user name on twitter. They are doing an amazing job! I love it when translators take the extra time to translate even the text messages or documents that are shown on the show. (Episode 5 & 6 have had a lot of text messages from Kahoko to her Mom.) Also, I've noticed that Mottofreaky generally gets an episode out Once a week. Hopefully, like you said, more people will help them out and sub this show quicker. But we are all grateful for those who take the time to translate, neh? :D (I wish I knew Japanese in order to help out!!! But sadly, life doesn't permit the time to learn.)

Is there a particular scene that anyone especially liked so far? Please share!

For me, it was Kahoko's confession scene. Mugino's face! "Huh?!" lol.  And her expression when she realized what came out of her mouth. Too cute and funny. 

Finally managed to learn how to post a pic. :blink: Hah!

Episode 1 got me hooked! 

I swear Mitsuki Takahata looks so young here that I could not believe she plays a college student. In fact whenever she does this dazed expression, she looks like a middle school girl! And Ryoma! Who would have thought their tandem would bring such chemistry.

And I thought at first she was like this special child but in fact she was just too protected from the world she knows nothing about it till Mugino comes to her life!

Binge watching 6 episodes this at the moment. Watching the first 15 minutes of the drama. I knew already I'm going to like this.  Wonderful pleasant drama. heartwarming reality. The characters and the actors who plays them. perfect. I like that the "papa" is the voice over, the person narrating  the whole thing.  Once I'm done I'll share my thoughts. Last year I was all praise for. Kazoku no Katachi witty well written drama.  I have a feeling about this... but I'll marathon all all the sub Episodes first.

On 9/2/2017 at 1:35 PM, jongski said:

Binge watching 6 episodes this at the moment. Watching the first 15 minutes of the drama. I knew already I'm going to like this.  Wonderful pleasant drama. heartwarming reality. The characters and the actors who plays them. perfect. I like that the "papa" is the voice over, the person narrating  the whole thing.  Once I'm done I'll share my thoughts. Last year I was all praise for. Kazoku no Katachi witty well written drama.  I have a feeling about this... but I'll marathon all all the sub Episodes first.

Omo chingu I binged watched the 6 eps too and am just in love w/this drama. I saw your post in what drama are you watching, saw some familiar faces in this thread and decided to check it out too. I may just have to rewatch it again. This is so addicting, I'm a sucker for their height difference too. What an adorable otp we have, love the families, hope to see some growth w/Mama. Love the father to pieces, I get a kick every time he comes up w/those scenarios in his head of what he wants to say and doesn't.

This dorama ends next week with episode 10. Yesterday I watched live streamed of episode 9. Just waiting for the subs, because I know only a biiiit of japanese. But Kahoko was grown a lot. The OTP is just perfect, they complement each other. The only problem I have with japanese doramas is the lack of skinship, kisses... they're so cold on this matter.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:29 PM, evie7 said:

Omo chingu I binged watched the 6 eps too and am just in love w/this drama. I saw your post in what drama are you watching, saw some familiar faces in this thread and decided to check it out too. I may just have to rewatch it again. This is so addicting, I'm a sucker for their height difference too. What an adorable otp we have, love the families, hope to see some growth w/Mama. Love the father to pieces, I get a kick every time he comes up w/those scenarios in his head of what he wants to say and doesn't.

Their height difference is due to Takeuchi Ryoma. He's sooo tall to Japanese standards and actresses are 1.55-165, so he always has a big height difference. I've watched almost all his works (he has very few) and is very funny. 

Archived