20 minutes ago, tituyphing said:

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110729145 

Please pardon my grammar, haha (awkward laugh)

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Hide contents

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

[OSEN 2] Kim Jung Hyun "Kim Sejeong calls me 'Hyung' in 'School 2017' set.. (I felt) comfortable"

Kim Junghyun shared his thought about Kim Sejeong who was his partner in 'School 2017'

Seated in one cafe in Gangnam today, Kim Junghyun had his interview regarding his drama "School 2017". To a question whether normally Kim Sejeong has a lot of cutesy, he said "She doesn't act cute normally. She calls me 'hyung'."

He adds " She thinks the word 'Oppa' is rather cringe. She is sociable, kind and easy going. She doesn't act cute in daily basis. But she doesn't act like ahjussi (old man) either. Because that easy going side, she likes to jokes around and very active. I think because there are quite a big age differences between us, she purposedly acted like that. Because she is such a considerate friend, she approached other people around very well."

Since this project was especially Kim Sejeong's debut project, about this Kim Junghyun says "Since I still need to learn a lot too, so we talked and discussed together. And since she is also a fast learner, she also gave idea about the scenes on the spot. Although this is her first acting experience but she was just as serious and passionate as the other actors I have worked with. She was also focused. So acting with her was really comfortable."

And lastly, Kim Junghyun choose his memorable scene as Hyun Taewoon with Ra Eunho from the making-video filming "There was a scene where I covered Ra Eunho to avoid the rain. Since the scene received so many attention, it was put as the ending of episode 8 and became the talk of the town. Honestly we didn't have so much luck on the weather. That day it rained so much so we must avoid it and it was filmed in the making-video camera." he shared about behind the scene which received so many attention.

-ending paragraph omitted-

Thanks for the translation!  Nice to see that they interacted well on set!  Today is Monday and knowing that there isn't School today makes me really sad! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003616539
[OSEN 3] Kim Jung Hyun "EXO's Suho is my college mate, he helped monitoring first episode."
ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Spoiler

[OSEN 3] Kim Jung Hyun "EXO's Suho is my college mate, he helped monitoring first episode."

Kim Junghyun shared his gratitude towards his seniors and friend who have showed supports, such as Kim Namgil, Gong Hyojin and EXO's Suho.

Seated in one cafe in Gangnam today, Kim Junghyun had his interview regarding his drama "School 2017". He opens with "During drama 'Jealousy Incarnate' filming, Senior Jo Jungsuk and Gong Hyojin always greeted me with smile. I was really nervous that time so (their smiles) really gave me strength."

He adds "Since I was in charged in lead role this time, which is really tiring, I realized that the things actor should put attention wasn't only about acting. But also I shouldn't let that tiredness shown, a lead should be more considerate to other and I think that is important. So that I also tried my best to greet everyone brightly." 

He especially shares about the coffee trucks sent by Kim Nam gil, Gong Hyojin and Suho , "Senior Kim Nam gil sent the coffee truck along with a message 'Don't dwell on the coming real time reaction, but just focus to finish it well.' While Senior Gong Hyojin sent coffee truck along with message 'It is tiring isn't it? Like dead tiring isn't it? Just little bit to go, keep it up.'"

While he explains he was majoring acting in Korea Universty of Arts with Suho "Although Suho was preparing his comeback, he was especially put some attention. He even checking the first episode. He said 'You did well so don't worry about it.' and even sent a coffee truck at the end. Because we are really passionate about acting sometimes we say 'Hopefully we can act together.' " showing his good relationship with him.

-ending paragraph omitted-

Ack!  didn't know Soompi translated it so here it is from Soompi :
https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/10/kim-jung-hyun-talks-friendship-exos-suho-former-co-stars/

SeJeong called JungHyun "hyung"...? Then, who the hell called JungHyun "oppa" before :joy: Is SeJeong got a split personality? I haven't recall in any making video she called him "hyung" but I recalled she called him "oppa" and "sunbae".. What is this LMAO so confusing.. But I'm not complaining as long as it makes them become close to each other :blush:

Today is Monday! but there's no School 2017 anymore :bawling:

@tituyphing Thanks for the translation. You're the best!

uhm I think sejeong needs to call Junghyun appropriate nickname in front of camera that's why she chooses oppa or sunbae. While she uses hyung to addresses him in real life so Jung Hyun won't feel awkward. Old soul Jung Hyun with considerate Sejeong. Lovely! 

you're welcome ELlovelyz.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201709111500296710
[NEWSEN] 'School 2017' Kim Junghyun, the reason why there is no bold kiss scene with Kim Sejeong (Interview)

Spoiler

'School 2017' Kim Junghyun, the reason why there is no bold kiss scene with Kim Sejeong (Interview)

What is the reason that there's no skinship scenes between Kim Junghyun and Kim Sejeong.
Kim Junghyun shared behind the stories about 'School 2017', which has just completed, to Newsen. 

Hyun Taewoon and Ra Eunho who started their relationship as bickering friends, and develop their feelings by comforting and taking care of each others, and also shows their innocent longing feelings of 18years old teens has gained big popularity. 

The scene that record the most memorable scene is the ending of episode 12. Where Hyun Taewoon hold Ra Eunho's hand and intertwined their fingers and says 'we are now dating' , and with that the high school romance started. While everyone can feel the innocent/pureness of the feeling of the confession from high school teens, there is comment among the viewers "a confession should be done like Hyun Taewoon's" , receiving a lot of positive response.

Kim Junghyun shared behind the story of that particular scene. Kim Junghyun says "Originally it wasn't intertwining fingers but kiss on the forehead. But the thought that it wasn't a right timing for a highschooler to give a forehead kiss, came to me. Director was also having the same thought so after discussing with Kim Sejeong we decided to intertwine  fingers. I wanted to show on that age, that (action) is already fluttering enough. "

Because it's a love story of the high school students, it was shown in moderation. About whether he felt regretful of it, Kim Junghyun says "Of course I wish to act in a passionate romance, but 'School 2017' isn't that kind of project, so I wasn't even expect it. I don't think an actor should put particular scene with ulterior motive. I understand that skinship could be needed in (to help) certain character interpretation and circumstances but I didn't wish to anything more than what have already shown. Moreover even there was skinship in the script, I think it is important to discuss with Director and my counterpart actor."

Its Monday and nearly time for LIVE streaming of School 2017!!!:cold_sweat:

Thanks to you @tituyphing I'm able to cope with the withdrawal syndrone slowly by reading all the posts you're sharing. Welcome, @Jane Ng. Please keep this thread alive!:D

Can anyone intreprete what Taewon meant when his DAD asked him how's his relationship getting on  with Eunho during breakfast while he was eating?

TW replied, "HOT" & in another site it was, "passionately". Heeeeeeee!

I interprete it as if he has been visiting her so often during the weekends that they've even had their 1ST KISS! We can only imagine???:heart::blush::heart:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201709111500446710
'School 2017' Kim Jung Hyun, "When I see Kim Sejeong in Gugudan's Fanmeeting, I needlessly feel chocked up."

Spoiler

'School 2017' Kim Jung Hyun, "When I see Kim Sejeong in Gugudan's Fanmeeting, I needlessly feel chocked up."

Kim Junghyun sent his support to Kim Sejeong, who was partnering him as lead in the drama.
Kim Junghyun who was recently appeared in the drama School 2017 shared his thought to Newsen about being partnered with Kim Sejeong. Kim Junghyun, who was acted as Hyun Taewoon, rich kid with rebellious behavior and Geumdo High's Hero X has shown loveline with Kim Sejeong, who was acted as Ra Eunho. Kim Junghyun especially shown a 'tsundere' acting.

To be invited to Gugudan's Fanmeeting, Kim Jung Hyun "'School2017' team went together. I am so thankful to be invited." He adds, "'School 2017' is Kim Sejeong's debut in acting, and also first challenge as lead actor. That 'first' experience is must be what we have in common." also "I really wanted to support her in her real career as a singer. Although I support her during the 'School 2017' filming as Ra Eunho, I also wish she does well as herself. To see Kim Sejeong on the stage, it feels unfamiliar but makes me choked up, such an strange feeling. I had fun (in fanmeeting)."

About whether he gave acting advice to Kim Sejeong, Kim Junghyun says "I didn't give any special advice, we just shared our thoughts and be considerate to each other. we listened to each other a lot and be considerate if whether there is something uncomfortable. I think that's why we worked in perfect harmony."

Shy Kim Junghyun reminisces the first time he met Kim Sejeong. He says "Kim Sejeong is really easy going and cheerful just like her image. She is playful and sociable. Someone with bright energy." also "When we first met, she looked at me in the eye and jokes around first. Because that side of her, the filming set's atmosphere was also good."

Meanwhile Kim Junghyun has completed 'School 2017' and preparing for his next project.

Thanks for the lovely article! Monday feels empty without the drama now but articles like that make me think of the drama fondly still! Now to rewatch some of the taewoon x eunho moments and listen to the OST! NCT's Stay in my life had been ringing in my head the whole day! 

To see Kim Sejeong on the stage, it feels unfamiliar but makes me choked up, such an strange feeling. I had fun (in fanmeeting)."

LOL ok KimJungHyun-ssi.. It's good to know you had fun there :tongue: *cough* what strange feeling .. what unfamiliar .. oh you even choked up .. is this your first time seeing girls group or what .. Ok just don't faint *cough*

Can anyone translate this short clip from Gugudan's fanmeeting? I don't understand much... something about Mina saying that she didn't say this before but Sejeong unnie making her cry... something the other members don't even know and also that Sejeong gave Junghyun's vitamin gift to Mina and a letter along with it??? I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/11/kim-jung-hyun-tells-story-behind-his-dancing-scene-to-btss-boy-in-luv-in-school-2017/

Yes Sejeong shares the vitamin she got from Junghyun to Mina. Because Mina had her drama filming for two consecutive days. Mina said "there was a letter and vitamin, the vitamin she's been consumed. And I cried alone that night." she cried coz of the warm gestures from Sejeong. 

1 hour ago, tituyphing said:

Good to see that there's more articles on soompi!  There's this other article about him being affected due to the supposed low ratings in korea.  But the ratings are based on tv viewership only right?  It may not have counted those who use their mobile devices to watch right?  

Hope that he won't feel disappointed for long, as School 2017 is very popular overseas!  The viewership on YouTube for the various video snippets or mv mixes is really high!  

Yes, viewership ratings only count the tv viewerships. 
Actually there is article about popularity count where 'School 2017' comes as third position after 'Age of Youth 2' and 'Deserving The Name', while forth, fifth, and sixth position are 'Hospital Ship', 'Rescue Me' and 'Argon' respectively.
Here is the LINK

Surely School 2017 got its deserving recognition and popularity, but those people don't even care and only keep picking about viewership ratings. I agree those target viewers of School are mostly teens and youngster where they choose mobile tv and streaming site instead of tv. I hope he won't blame himself too much.

1 hour ago, tituyphing said:

Yes, viewership ratings only count the tv viewerships. 

Actually there is article about popularity count where 'School 2017' comes as third position after 'Age of Youth 2' and 'Deserving The Name', while forth, fifth, and sixth position are 'Hospital Ship', 'Rescue Me' and 'Argon' respectively.

Here is the LINK

Surely School 2017 got its deserving recognition and popularity, but those people don't even care and only keep picking about viewership ratings. I agree those target viewers of School are mostly teens and youngster where they choose mobile tv and streaming site instead of tv. I hope he won't blame himself too much.

Ya I think sometimes the actors place too much emphasis and stress on themselves over viewership ratings. He should look at the number of supporters who added him on instagram since School 2017 started till now!  I think he gained many new followers! 

Archived