• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“School 2017” Amuses Viewers By Parodying Famous K-Dramas

school-20176.jpg

Viewers are looking forward to each new episode of “School 2017,” not just to see how the mysterious storyline progresses, but to also see what drama they are going to parody next.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/23/school-2017-amuses-viewers-parodying-famous-k-dramas/

I watched this drama with a fresh pair of eyes aka "Lin, let's just throw out all reality and the fact that in real life people would be getting fired so quick for some of these administrators behavior/ the school system in general and just enjoy it!" So now I"m like forget some of the director decision I simply don't understand (sometimes there is abort humor and the tone feel all over at times) and forget questions of "how the heck did he drive the motorcycle on to the roof!?" "You can take a bunch of kids and hold a secret night school session at subway? -I will never tire of subway PPL-" and "do mothers really do this? beat their children and cause a public scene like this?" and just enjoy the show because I really like some of what it is trying to tackle (even if bit of it is exaggerated as get all).

I truly do adore the story of an ordinary girl with a dream and goal who's not  genius but also not all out dumber than dumb (that is to be debated I know) she's not a rich chapel but she's also not a poor as dirty Cinderella in need of saving. I like the the is just a middle class girl trying to survive, receive and education, and prepare for the real world that put so much pressure on grades, and specks, but at the same time despite the best grades and specks so many SK graduates (and graduates all around the world) struggle to find work and finial stability. I mean what is the point of all the pressure and unfairness and need to have perfect grades, and attendance, test scores, etc; when in the end, it doesn't really help you at all?? I like that the show is questioning the need/value for all of this when it seems at the end of the day money talks. Like that one chick who was beating the other girl cause she stole her notes or whatever, can just whip out her phone whine to mom and because mom has clout, get away with beating someone. The rich boy who has terrible grades and is just as low standing as our lead, get his phone back simply because he is rich...how freaking unfair!! Everything the school is teaching contrasts with it's behavior and wha tit is truly teaching, who is the point of coming to school? 

I really enjoyed the second episode much more than the first and empathized so much with out lead girl and her letter of withdrawal that questioned all the adults who daily do nothing to help any of them in way shape or form that is relevant or needed. The adults just stay in their little boxes and watch and allow things to happen. I like the shows message (or atlas the message I been taking from it) of complicity and neutrality that benefits and keeps benefiting the oppressors and further demolishes the oppressed. Looking it all (although it is greatly exaggerated in some parts) no wonder SK has such high rate of suicide in their youth population. I mean there is so much stress, so much pressure, high expectations, so much injustice, shaming, bullying, etc going on. But for much of it you are told to keep silent, to endure, go with the flow, don't complain because "that's the life you/we were born into" or "your powerless or worthless"....there is no one to share these pains and burdens with, no one the really trying to understand or intervene to help and change matters...no wonder there is such high rates of depression and ultimately suicide. You feel so damn isolated and alone, who do you reach out for help when help goes ignored/i not given....

Scenes that I found heart breaking were the lead and the bullied girl sitting in the room about to get into unjust trouble. In their conversation it felt like two people were trying to reach out to one another, find a friend in all this "they aren't friends but competitors" world and just..."help me" sadly I don't think they really heard one another and I so fear that bullied girl will attempt to kill herself. It was sad watching her say that they kind of earn/deserve what the school hands out since they are worthless simply because they can't study. Its sad to see someone think of themselves so low. When the girls robbed her (putting her job in jeopardy) and an adult saw (I am guessing that may be the bullies mom?) but did nothing and walked of in feigned ignorance...crushing. I hope adults are watch and realizing they can and should do better because sadly much of this is a reality for far too many kids. 

On lighter notes, I adore the lead girl (though she sometimes grates on my nerves), I like the lead boy (is he the lead? the rich dude who's not too much of an richard simmons), I enjoy their kind of friendship and budding something which makes for delightful scenes (though if we get one more in your face scene i will scream). Also I see we may have a bromance in need of repairing (School 2013 taught me "bastard" really mean "I love and miss you") which makes me exact. Good friendships or family relationships in dramas are my catnip.

So YES!!! What I thought is true!!! The 3 (DH,EH,TW) of them were connected somehow :D but I need to know more of DH and TW's past story to understand their hatred for each other...

And KJH's acting today! TOP NOTCH. :wub:  boy also seems to be slowly crushing on EH heh :) 

Hello~!!! Let me join this thread with you all!!!^^

I'm enjoying 3 episodes (ep 3 without sub) so far but I'm kinda frustrated at the plot that there were three best friends then one of the three died in an incident and the other two became enemies, even (will) fall for the same girl lol I met exactly same plot in a Chinese drama before.

So we know that EH has a bus trauma so she never travels by bus anymore. At first I thought the one who she gave flowers to is the same friends with the two boys. But now I guess it's a different person who was on the bus. Luckily the bus was seen to be from the opposite site so I don't think the three boys caused the incident to her lost one.

I decided to watch this drama because I really liked KJH in Jealousy Incarnate but now I'm slowly falling for JDY too!!

Love triangle again, my Lord! Please give a happy ending for both of them, writers nim!!!

Im officially hooked. I love the lightness, the youthfulness, the mystery and the possible romance! I guess I am a sucker for teen/school-based series!

And I am starting to like the main characters. EH, TW, and DH! Can I just say that Jung-hyun is such a hottie! I think I'm falling. 

78627661e4393256cc828d09a142d023.jpg

I enjoyed ep 3 and X mystery  really curious. Every character is good but I don't like  dae hwi girlfriend.  Now again  love triangle is there that's why I like school  2013 no love triangle /romance but only bromance.  I m on dae hwi side again second lead syndrome begin...tae woon also amazing but i don't know why I like dae hwi more. I just hope both leads get or deserve happiness.

Last time in school 2015 gong tae kwang second lead suffer the most even in that drama they have 2 lead girls if writers make right decision gong tae kwang not hurt  that much which cause us a huge trauma...now just hope no one hurt in School 2017

we don't have internet right now *sigh* so I can't post much... Most people here in soompi have second lead syndrome but don't worry TaeEun shippers there's so many people who ships them outside soompi... even my co vidders in youtube ships them ...just search it and you'll find lots of it..I'm going to vid them too... I really love Tae Woon ah and I'm so glad he's going to get the girl in the end... They shouldn't have gave the second male lead a girlfriend in the first place if they will push the love triangle 'cause it will look bad if they break up just because the second male lead like the girl...

Archived