• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, sotabaka said:

And F4 in BOF was a good depiction of school life ??? 

Oh BOF was unrealistic af but the show let me know that it was going to be unrealistic and over the top (I mean hello, Lee Min Ho's hair alone gave that away the first 10 minutes of the show). The School series for years tends to portray more realistic coming of age hardships of being a student in the SK school system and trying to find ones self, make friends (or repair friendships), pass tests, etc etc. I always watched those dramas because of that almost natural look into the school life of SK kids. Yes I expect things to be dramatized for television but for the most part the dramas tend to be quite. What I mean is, I skipped School 2015 because I didn't enjoy the whole sister switch and mystery and drama of that. That made the drama feel like a totally different drama than what School series normally goes with/for. With this (School 2017) I am finding the same things happening. Like the sprinkler going off scene, the running to much scene, the many times lead girl and boy got so close to each other's faces, the introduction to cop women, the way all that was shot felt so....unreal, off tone and took me out the show. It felt like things that should be in a rom-com and not a School series as I have known it. So I guess I have so issues with directorial choices of some scenes and I feel it's dragging down the show instead of making it better than it's some what eh acting and story. 

@AlexMao I have the same issues with the school administration. They're just dumb and unrealistic imho. In the first episode the administration is all "the students have down rated the school" so the genius idea is to give 4 draining mock tests because that will surely get them to up vote. There the ridiculous taking of her notepad of drawing which I don't understand why. Then the kicking out bit. I mean I know how to suspend belief and just let things happen, but some of it is just ridiculous because like you they had video proof. I also really disliked the scene with he mother begging and crying and hitting her daughter. I hate all scenes like that in dramas because...who embraces themselves and their child like that in public. It's just awkward to watch. I was yelling 'WOMAN THESE PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A richard simmons. GET UP AND LEAVE. YOU EMBRACING YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILD AND MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE NOT BETTER!". Also it was ridiculous for her to bring the broken bike to school the next day. Okay I'll buy that she couldn't google or naver or even ask her brother or dad to fix the bike. But I can't for the life of me understand why she would walk a broken bike to school the next morning...did she fix it and then it broke again....i just...why would you walk a broken bike to school like it's a puppy or Mary's little lamb. These little misfires of reality add up and take me out the show (aka I have a sort of short attention span/fuse and will stop watching shows on the quick). 

I am not bashing the show. You are allowed to be critical of things you like. I have enjoyed the past two episodes (the second ep was definitely better than the first) and will continue to watch till either it ends or I just "can't" with it. 

Guest AlexMao

@MrsSoJiSub I'll accept that the teacher confiscated her notepad as it can be seen as a distraction from learning/lesson he was teaching (suspension of believe again) but it would have been something that a normal teacher would have either given back at the end of class or the end of the day. That being said I kind of like how Kang Myung is the voice of reason among the teachers, the problem is I feel his idealistic tendencies are going to be crushed by the administration and Eun Ho's other teachers.

It seems no one from that school is aware of test exhaustion because no one in their right mind would think that constantly throwing exams at kids is a good idea. Given the monumental amount of stress their parents put on them to succeed it would seem to be detriment to their mental health (less we talk about the number of kids who ultimate commit suicide over such things as "letting their parents down"), showing this and well an administration that doesn't give a toss about you really isn't something I would want broadcast. 

57 minutes ago, Urnaa said:

I am no fan of Sejeong in real life. But i can say she has talent to become an actress. She is cute, quirky, fun and has nice voice. Crying scene in episode 2 isnt awkward. 

As her first drama, her acting is amazing! I was super surprised as well :) I'm still dying to know who's that mysterious hooded hero is? 

Hey all. I'm going to watch in  in a while and once I'm don, I'll share my thoughts. I'm not fond of high school themed kdramas ( I prefer j-dramas for the genre) but I can appreciate a good youth dramas with good actin, and if it's well written (ie: Solomon's Perjury, or Because It's The First Time) so I wanna check this one.

I've been vocal about  being impressed with Jang Dong Yoon after seeing SP. so hoping to see more of his acting skills here . Same for Seo Ji Hoon. I'm not familiar with other cast but hope I get to like them and character and their acting.

2 hours ago, Urnaa said:

I am no fan of Sejeong in real life. But i can say she has talent to become an actress. She is cute, quirky, fun and has nice voice. Crying scene in episode 2 isnt awkward. 

As a fan of hers since she appeared on Produce 101, I can definitely tell you she has a really good husky voice when she sings and can deliver emotions into her singing. She definitely can talk well and has a lot of charms :wub:

She is one of the main vocalists from her group. Definitely listen to her Legends of the Blue Sea OST and Flower Road solo. Her group already sang an OST for this drama, but I hope she will sing another one too (Ballad I like ballad)  

Sorry for spamming you with a lot of love for Sejeong :lol: 

First Impressions: “School 2017” Invites You To Take A Peek Inside The World Of Today’s Teenagers

school-20175.jpg

Just a few days ago, the Wall Street Journal released a telling article entitled, “What’s a College Degree Worth? Not Much for Young South Koreans.” The piece explains how university students struggle in looking for decent jobs, despite coming from prestigious schools and having amazing credentials. This sad and alarming reality in South Korea brings to mind these questions: What are good grades for? Does a high rank and a good record really help one student get ahead in life? Can a student pursue his or her dreams? What makes school different from the corporate world?

4 hours ago, Urnaa said:

Cant wait episode 3. I am rooting 2 boys all the same for now. I might gonna have some 2nd lead syndrome down the way. 

I'm already suffering from second lead syndrome . main lead also amazing but second lead full of charisma❤❤

EUN ❤ DAE 

Can I just say that Tae Woon might not follow the route of Gong Taekwang!!! And I am happy! For the first time, the bad guy gets to be the lead. I hope the writers will keep it this way!!!!

With only two episodes, I already fell in love with the cast. It's a breath of fresh air to have a very youthful cast!! The lead cast especially the lead students are good! I love the possible love triangle between Sejeong, Jung-hyun, and Dong-yoon! While, the rich bully students are also doing good. I kinda starting to hate them right now.hehe

I hope this is not as sad/dark as School 2015. So far, I'm loving how the writers presented the real problem of teens without omitting their fun and lighter side.

Be anticipating this drama every week!

School 2017: Episode 1

by hanshimi

school01-03297.jpg

It’s too early to form a concrete opinion about School 2017, but I think it’s got plenty of elements that work for it so far—an adorable, youthful cast, an intriguing mystery, and just enough substance to make a memorable statement past all the fluff. While the dramatic plot has me a little worried, as long as the show can balance the mystery and realism, I think it’ll be a fun show to watch.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/school-2017-episode-1/

cr: Dramabeans

Yoo In Soo From “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” To Join “School 2017

yoo-in-soo.jpg

Actor Yoo In Soo will be joining the cast of “School 2017!”

On July 21, his agency Management Koo confirmed the news that Yoo In Soo would be making an appearance in the KBS drama.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/21/yoo-soo-strong-woman-bong-soon-join-school-2017/

p/s: I don't watch SWDBS , so I don't know this rookie actor... :D ... 

School 2017: Episode 2

by chocolatte

school02-01.jpg

I’m pretty happy with what I’m getting from School 2017 so far—it’s zippy, light, and entertaining, with just a dash of mystery to spice things up. I’m loving our main trio of students already, but I’m also pleasantly surprised by how quirky the adults are turning out to be. It makes for a well-rounded story overall, and I’m excited to hop onboard for the latest installment of this beloved series.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/school-2017-episode-2/

cr: Dramabeans

Archived