• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2017 at 2:30 AM, jongski said:

OMG! Jang Dong Yoon as male lead in school 2017! Let that sink in! I never watch high school themed dramas and only will do so if the story and writing is good, and acting is impressive as was the case with Solomon's Perjury.

Well there's my page 1 post above but obviously, he's only the second lead, compared to SP where he was damn impressive.  I am cheering for JDY. I hope he shines in this drama just like in SP.. I'm not following the drama though. After checking ep 1. I'm not drawn to it but  I still gave it try, and checked ep 2. Well not the kind of youth drama I like. It's nowhere near the excellence of SP story wise, acting wise.. even script wise.  That is the last youth drama I watch. I've never seen any School  series drama so  can't say what's the difference between this one and  previous ones.

But I want this drama to a succeed in that, we see some shining stars.. Whenever there's a youth dramas we get to see acting capabilities and skills of actors of the future. . I hope I didn't offend everyone here with my post. We watch for our own pleasure.  I know I'm gonna check this just to see JDY. Don't know when though. Perhaps  while I wait for a main drama or during holidays.

My take on who is X..  it's someone  you least expect

DEh1ODGWsAESYpx.jpg

pic ctto

@jongski nice to bump into you here.  My first post here too.   Surprised that the thread is only at 10 pages.....but it's ok.   anyway....it could be because this is a youth drama,  romance is either hinted or incidental and not the real purpose of the story.    

i only ever watched school series belatedly, and once, because of LJS/KWB combo.  2017 I watched from the beginning because the lead girl  is surprisingly likeable and the two male leads are actors to watch,  and I hope this series makes their acting careers soar! 

Ep 3 and 4 I think are must watch, if only to see how their lives are truly like,  the  brutal fight of DH and TW and the reason for it, and how REH is included in this back story.   There is poignancy and a reason EH and TW are often linking like pieces of a puzzle by the different circumstances of the show,,  and chemistry is by now palpable.  DH  interweaves but not by any measure anywhere near the TW-EH  interaction.   But I don't think the show will make teen romance as the very main point of 2017,  their complicated young lives as students, sons and daughter,  are meaningful too.   Their idealistic teacher is also a reason to watch 3 and 4.  

As for X, it  may be a small group.   But then  If TW is the only X,   I also will get why;  I think he  is the type who operates solo.   What happened between him and his old friend seems to make him want justice in his own way.   EH is the  person he is ultimately aiming to help, whether he knows it or not,   and everyone else is incidentally assisted.   I think the same as reviewers---TW may be brusque and making it not obvious, but he is a goner for  EH.  

Yes he is @blademan   I was squeeing watching the drama clips.  

There are some intense scenes as well.   TW became X driven in part by what happened wiith dad whitewashing the accident of Joonki,  so he is channeling his sense of justice, and protecting Eunho from the hypocrite of a principal.     DH as X.....what did he get from the faculty room?  It is not the same motivation as TW,  far from it, I suspect.   Gonna watch subs tomorrow.    :)

Why do I feel like (these) 'X's are getting orders from their homeroom teacher?? Like he's the mastermind for fighting for justice bts since he's too chicken to do it in person. I forgot his name but the one who tore down the demerits wall in the last episode...

Kim Sejeong Is A Girl Crush With Her 3 Best Lines From “School 2017”

kim-sejeong8.jpg

Kim Sejeong seems to have a lot of great things to say on KBS 2TV’s “School 2017.” Her lines from the show are righteous, relatable, and thought-provoking. Viewers have applauded the drama and commented, “When you stop and think about the words Ra Eun Ho (Kim Sejeong) says, it’s all indisputable.” Here are some of her quotes!

1. “How can we take it easy when our results will be displayed publicly?”

On the show, and in real life, students are constantly being tested. As soon as one exam comes to an end, the next one is announced, and it seems like these students just never get a break. So when her homeroom teacher tries to calm down the disgruntled students and tells them, “Don’t break under pressure. Just study to the best of your abilities and take it easy,” Ra Eun Ho responds by saying, “How can we take it easy when our results will be displayed publicly,” and speaks on the behalf of students everywhere. Also, as the school gives out lunch based on grades, Kim Sejeong’s character responds by saying, “Does not being a good student mean we also get hungry later? We pay the same for our school lunch. So how come we get the scraps for side dishes,” and points out flaws in the school system.

2. “Why couldn’t you have said that before?”

When her homeroom teacher says, “Being at the scene of the crime doesn’t make you the criminal,” in order to comfort Ra Eun Ho after she unfairly becomes a suspect of the crime, she points out that her teacher did not have the courage to stand up for her in front of the other adults. She responds, “But isn’t that chance (that I’m the criminal) high? Why couldn’t you have said that before? Why wait until now?” Ra Eun Ho is not afraid to call out her teachers when they are at fault, and is open in displaying her frustration.

3. “This is all because of X”

Although the perpetrator of the crime, X, still remains a mystery, Ra Eun Ho has some suspects in mind. When she gets the chance to talk in front of her peers, she fearlessly presents her speech, “This is all because of X,” and says everything she wants to say to the criminal. In her speech, she talks about how her life is falling apart because of X and says, “I am calling you out. I’m not going to let you get away. You’re dead in my hands.” Even though there were teachers present in the room, Ra Eun Ho is fearless and it’s easy to see why everyone is falling in love with her.

Taken from: Soompi

2 hours ago, blademan said:

TODAY'S EPISODE IS A HAVEN FOR TAEHO SHIPPERS :wub: 

Tae Woon is falling hard!!! 

oh yes dear! super love their scenes ...most of all the way he looks at her now... 2iur 60 + Super cute dog girl chat emoji gifs images are downloaded dog emoticons dog emojiI'm inlove is written all over Tae Woon's face...the jealousy, bickering, fighting and staring scenes are so cute...how can I not fall with this guy (my little Kim Woo Bin) Kim Jung Hyun... 

now that they reveal it's Dae Hwi... I don't believe now that it's either him / Tae Woon ...Mr. Shim is now on my wanted list to be the real Mr. X...

I hope this school series will have a kissing scene... they always have almost kissing scene why not continue it...haha

he became super strict with her now...like he doesn't want anybody touching his girl...haha Tae Woon so adorable... and I bet Mr. Shim's I like you with that police girl is so sudden It doesn't look real to me ...he just said it because he's hiding something or don't wanna get caught...

I'm a little confused about something. ...

There's a scene from the ep 4 preview where Eun Ho is standing on a table/desk and suddenly drops into Dae Hwi's arms (she was doing something to the ceiling)

But I don't see that in the actual episode or in episode 5? Did they show it at all or did I just miss it?

3 minutes ago, matchacake said:

There's a scene from the ep 4 preview where Eun Ho is standing on a table/desk and suddenly drops into Dae Hwi's arms (she was doing something to the ceiling)

But I don't see that in the actual episode or in episode 5? Did they show it at all or did I just miss it?

They totally skipped that scene in the preview. Guess it was a last minute cut? Or just forgot to put it in :unsure:

It did appear as a webtoon (one image) in the ending credits for episode 4

7 hours ago, matchacake said:

I'm also waiting for that scene if they cut the scene I m dropping the drama I'm already having withdrawl symptoms in this season for me script is not up to remarkable . I'm just watching for dae hwi and his screen time too short whole episode cover only eun ho and tae hoon ....OK I know lead couple but they have to divide proper screen time it's only ep 5 ...what will they do in upcoming episodes by that time nothing left. what about Rowoon....no screen time....actor's are fully talented but sorry to sấy lack of story creating withdrawl symptoms . what about ratings I don't think doing well.  I MISS SCHOOL 2015 gong tae kwang and eun bi no one can replace them.

Spoiler

GUGUDAN – BELIEVE IN THIS MOMENT (이순간을 믿을게) 

I’ll believe in this moment
Though sometimes, I’m not confident and I’m anxious
Just like you entered my heart
Great things will happen, you can expect it

The moment you smiled in the dazzling sunlight
I was pulled by your gravity and fell into you

come come
The great tomorrow is coming
Hello, future me
All the things I’ve dreamed of
Will come true one by one
This feeling, this moment, I’ll believe in it all