DEpsrRUU0AAntmx.jpg

DEbntPMXkAA-JDW.jpg

DC43LB4UAAACXCS.jpg

Director

Park Jin Suk

(Naked Fireman)

Writer

Lee Soo Mi

(Let's Eat Series, Rude Miss Young Ae Seasons 4-11)

Episodes: 16 

Broadcast Period

2017-July-17 to 2017-Sep-05
Air time: Monday and Tuesday 22:00

About the Show

This upcoming season tells the coming-of-age story of the complicated and secretive lives of 18-year-old high school students who are more often called by their school rank than their real names. Despite their frustrations, they find out how to make their own way in this world that seems to be a stagnant cycle of school and home.

Production Information

Takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Fight for My Way."

Kim You-Jung was first offered the lead female role, but declined.

DC43LCBVoAE580I.jpg

Cast

Main Cast

Kim Se Jung as Ra Eun Ho

Ra Eun Ho is an optimistic cheerful girl who has kept her place as rank six of 280 students at her high school, solely to fulfill her dream of becoming a campus couple with her college-age crush. The character has a unique talent for drawing web comics, which is the major she wants to pursue at university. One day, while trying to find a new inspiration for her comics, she somehow is caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets marked as a delinquent student.

Kim Jung Hyun as Hyun Tae Woon

Kim Jung-Hyun will play lead male character Hyun Tae-Woon. He was a troublemaker while attending high school in U.S.A. and then transferred to a high school in South Korea. Even though he is arrogant and rude to others, teachers and students can’t tell him anything due to his wealthy father having invested in the high school.

Jang Dong Yoon as Song Dae Whee

Jang Dong-Yoon will play second lead male role Song Dae-Whee. He gets good grades, has a good personality and a sense of humor. He has an instinct to protect the weak. Song Dae-Whee becomes a student representative with overwhelming support. He comes from a poor background.

Seol In Ah as Hong Nam Joo

Hong Nam Joo is a character so conscious of her looks that she can’t go long without looking in the mirror. 

Teachers & Staff

Han Joo Wan as Shim Kang Myung
Han Sun Hwa as Han Soo Ji
Kim Eung Soo as Yang Do Jin
Lee Jae Yong as Goo Young Goo
Park Chul Min as Park Myung Duk
Jo Mi Ryung as Jang So Ran

Students

Kim Ro Woon as Lee Shyoo
Park Se Wan as Oh Sa Rang
Seo Ji Hoon as Yoon Kyung Woo
Ha Seung Ri as Hwang Young Gun
Kim Hee Chan as Kang Hee Chan
Choi Sung Min as Han Duk Soo
Hong Kyung as Won Byung Goo
Han Bo Bae as Seo Bo Ra
Jang Se Hyun as Ra Tae Shik

Parents

Min Sung Wook as Jung Joon Soo
Sung Ji Roo as Ra Soon Bong
Kim Hee Jung as Kim Sa Boon
Lee Jong Won as Hyun Kang Woo

Source: Asianwiki  | Dramawiki | Koreandrama

Relationship Chart

DEsQlKDUAAEoopX.jpg

credit to rowoon.com

Teasers

Highlight Video

DC43LB6VoAA6Hlc.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Yoo-jung offered leading role in School 2017

by girlfriday

Spoiler

Yay, I couldn’t be happier about this news! Casting has finally commenced on School 2017, the seventh installment of KBS’s high school drama franchise, and an offer has been made to Kim Yoo-jung (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds) to headline. It seems like a no-brainer that she’d be their first choice, given that she’s one of dramaland’s biggest youth stars, and her last series Moonlight Drawn By Clouds was a huge hit for the network................

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/kim-yoo-jung-offered-leading-role-in-school-2017/

Jealousy, Rebel’s Kim Jung-hyun up for School 2017

by girlfriday

Spoiler

Ah, I love this kid. Okay, so he’s not actually a kid—he’s 27 years old, apparently—but he’s such a newbie in dramaland that I just see him as Gong Hyo-jin’s adorable kid brother in Jealousy Incarnate. Rookie actor Kim Jung-hyun (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People) is the latest to receive a casting offer for KBS’s high school drama School 2017, alongside Kim Yoo-jung (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds), who’s up for the starring role; they’re both considering favorably for now.............

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/jealousy-rebels-kim-jung-hyun-up-for-school-2017/

Gugudan's Kim Se Jung cast as lead of 'School 2017'

DBiYNPnUAAAoqAd.jpg

Kim Se Jung has been cast in 'School 2017'.

Originally, Kim Yoo Jung had been considered for the lead role. However, negotiations fell through, and Gugudan's Kim Se Jung will be taking the lead role instead.

She'll be playing Ra Eun Ho, a student with bad grades who dreams of going to a good school as a webtoon artist. 'School 2017' said, "Kim Se Jung's unique leadership and bright personality match well with Ra Eun Ho's character. The more we met her, the more we felt like we were seeing Ra Eun Ho in real life. We're looking forward to her energy and acting potential coming out on 'School 2017'."

'School 2017' is currently in its casting stages, aiming for a July broadcasting date. The series is one of the most representative youth drama series, and the first of the series had aired back in 1999. 

JUNE 5 2017

Kim Se-Jeong cast in KBS2 drama series “School 2017 “

DBi5yEGUQAAErQ0.jpg

Kim Se-Jeong from idol group ‘Gugudan’ is cast for the lead female role in upcoming KBS2 drama series “School 2017.” Actress Kim You-Jung was first offered the lead female role, but declined. In the upcoming drama series, Kim Se-Jeong will play Ra Eun-Ho. Her character is an 18-year-old high school student with poor scores. To become a campus couple with her first love, who is attending a prestigious university, Ra Eun-Ho dreams of entering the same university via special admission for her webtoon drawing abilities. She has a bright personality, but she is falsely accused of being a bad student.

“School 2017” first airs July, 2017 in South korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-se-jeong-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-school-2017

Kim Sejung cast as a lead role in 'School 2017'

DBkolokUMAQdndu.jpg

sejung2.jpg

Article: [Official] Kim Sejung confirmed for lead role in 'School 2017'.. 'anticipating her acting potential'

Source: Sports Chosun via Naver

1. [+7,167, -434] I like Sejung but this feels random...

2. [+4,706, -289] Surely she's not the "lead" lead but one of the many students, right?

3. [+3,576, -344] I'm a Sejung fan and hoped she would start with supporting roles rather than lead... but it's all confirmed now so I support her either way

4. [+2,427, -163] The way the 'School' series has always worked is they feature a variety of students and then start focusing on the students whose stories are the viewer favorites. Sejung's screentime in the drama will probably change according to her potential.

5. [+1,958, -421] I always thought she had acting potential after seeing her on SNL with IOI.. I don't know if it's lead worthy yet though.

6. [+466, -104] She was great on SNL... but why start off with a lead ㅠㅠ that's a lot of pressure. Anyway, I'll be watching the drama for sure.

7. [+313, -73] Wow Sejung fighting

8. [+382, -66] I was hoping to see her with Kim Yoo Jung after hearing that she was in the casting meeting too so I'm sad that Kim Yoo Jung is dropping out from the drama. I trust Sejung will do well!! I think she fits her character well ㅋㅋㅋ

-

Source: Nate

1. [+1,309, -34] This will either be a huge success or a huge fail for her ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,020, -42] Quite the gamble

3. [+564, -13] A lead? Not a supporting role?

4. [+105, -4] Sejung's going to get some hate over this... a kid with no acting experience as the lead? She should've started with supporting roles. It'll be an opportunity if she does well but she should be prepared to get a ton of hate for the first time since her debut if this pans out poorly for her.

5. [+101, -8] "Potential" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they cast their lead over "potential" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+90, -14] This will probably be a deciding factor in Kim Sejung's career... whether she rises to the sky or hits rock bottom

7. [+80, -3] I have a feeling her acting will be really exaggerated and over the top...

8. [+71, -3] A risky chance that she could ruin everything she's worked hard to build so far
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/06/kim-sejung-cast-as-lead-role-in-school.html

Kim Yoo-jung out, Gugudan idol Kim Se-jung in for School 2017

by tineybeanie

DBk2HIfUAAAGAgu.jpg

Girl group Gugudan’s Kim Se-jung has been confirmed as School 2017’s new lead heroine, the role that Kim Yoo-jung (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds) was originally offered. However, Kim Yoo-jung’s agency, SidusHQ, announced that she decided to decline, and while that’s too bad, but the School series does have a history of giving rookies a chance to become breakthrough stars. Some notable School alumni who got early starts in this franchise include Jang Hyuk, Bae Doo-na, Kim Rae-won, Jo In-sung, and Ha Ji-won.............

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/kim-yoo-jung-out-gugudan-idol-kim-se-jung-in-for-school-2017/

School 2017 adds more students and a teacher to its lineup

by tipsymocha

DBqbKepUAAAiuNC.jpg

The newest installment in KBS’s School series has added more names to its cast, and the range of acting experience is pretty in keeping with previous entries in the long-running franchise. The most notable addition is Han Joo-wan (Blow Breeze, Hwajeong), who is considering a teacher role, while newbie actress Seol In-ah (Strong Woman Do Bong-soon) and idol group SF9’s Ro-woon are up to play his students..............

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/school-2017-adds-more-students-and-a-teacher-to-its-lineup/

JUN 7 2017

Kim Jung-Hyun & Jang Dong-Yoon cast in KBS2 drama series “School 2017”

DBsGIS3XUAAuQR_.jpg

Kim Jung-Hyun & Jang Dong-Yoon are cast in KBS2 drama series “School 2017” co-starring Kim Se-Jeong (‘Gugudan’).

Kim Jung-Hyun will play lead male character Hyun Tae-Woon. He was a troublemaker while attending high school in U.S.A. and then transferred to a high school in South Korea. Even though he is arrogant and rude to others, teachers and students can’t tell him anything due to his wealthy father having invested in the high school.

Jang Dong-Yoon will play second lead male role Song Dae-Whee. He gets good grades, has a good personality and a sense of humor. He has an instinct to protect the weak. Song Dae-Whee becomes a student representative with overwhelming support. He comes from a poor background.

“School 2017” first airs July, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-jung-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-school-2017

Rookie actors Kim Jung Hyun & Jang Dong Yoon cast in 'School 2017'

DBryWzRXoAAPni8.jpg

Rookie actors Kim Jung Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon have been confirmed as the leads of KBS2's 'School 2017'!

They'll be working alongside Gugudan's Kim Se Jung, who was cast as the production's female lead earlier. Kim Jung Hyun will be playing the role of a rebellious high schooler Hyun Tae Woon, while Jang Dong Yoon will be in the role of a model student, Song Dae Hwi

Hyun Tae Woon is not only a rebellious character who got kicked out from his former school in the United States, but also the son of a wealthy sponsor of the school. Song Dae Hwi is a gentle student body president with talent in all areas, except that he wasn't born into an upper class family. 

In addition to Kim Se Jung, SF9's Rowoon was also cast as a part of the production. 'School 2017' will air after currently airing drama 'Fight My Way' in July. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/rookie-actors-kim-jung-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-cast-in-school-2017

“School 2017” Confirms Male Leads Kim Jung Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon

DBrTClEUIAAft4r.jpg

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama, “School 2017,” has confirmed actors Kim Jung Hyunand Jang Dong Yoon as their male leads. They join gugudgan’s Kim Sejeong as part of the lead cast.

Kim Jung Hyun will play the role of Hyun Tae Woon, a reckless and rebellious high schooler who transfers to a Korean school after being kicked out of one in the U.S. It only takes him half a day and one kick with his “long legs” to rule the school, and it doesn’t hurt that his father is in investor in the school.

Jang Dong Yoon takes on the role of Song Dae Hwi, a seemingly perfect student who is good at everything and also protects the weak with his “righteous charisma.” He is also the school’s student president, so while it seems like he has everything, there is just one thing he doesn’t have – influential parents.

Kim Jung Hyun was most recently in “Rebel: Thief Who Stole The People” and “Dont’ Dare to Dream.” Jang Dong Yoon made his debut through the news, after receiving a model citizen award.” He was most recently in “Solomon’s Perjury.”

The drama will be directed by Park Jin Suk, who also led the dramas “Naked Firemen” and “The Tale of the Bookworm.”

It was also previously confirmed that SF9’s Rowoon was cast for this drama.

“School 2017” will air in July, after “Fight My Way” finishes its run.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/06/school-2017-confirms-male-leads-kim-jung-hyun-jang-dong-yoon/

Han Sun Hwa In Talks To Join “School 2017”

DBr1SH-VYAA6EXo.jpg

Actress and former Secret member Han Sun Hwa might be joining the cast of upcoming drama “School 2017”!

On June 7, a representative from her agency Huayi Brothers stated that the actress has received a casting offer and is currently looking over it. She is considering the role of Han Suzy, a police officer in charge of a high school.

So far, gugudan’s Kim Sejeong, Kim Jung Hyun, and Jang Dong Yoon have been confirmed as leads.

“School 2017” is scheduled to air after “Fight My Way” sometime in July.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/06/han-sun-hwa-talks-join-school-2017/

School 2017 secures its leading bad boy, good boy

by girlfriday

DBtPEN5XsAIktKv.jpg

What would high school be without its broody bad boys and its all-star golden boys? The leads have now been finalized for School 2017, the seventh installment of KBS’s long-running high school franchise. Joining Gugudan idol Kim Se-jung are rookie actors Kim Jung-hyun (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, Jealousy Incarnate) and Jang Dong-yoon (Solomon’s Perjury), who have signed on to headline...................

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/school-2017-secures-its-leading-bad-boy-good-boy/

OMG! Jang Dong Yoon as male lead in school 2017! Let that sink in! I never watch high school themed dramas and only will do so if the story and writing is good, and acting is impressive as was the case with Solomon's Perjury.  If you've been to that thread, you'll see how much I'm impressed with Jang Dong Yoon (and  the rest of the cast, I wanted a sequel actually) I never left that thread watch it from start to finish. recap and all that

Seeing this news, I'm  a happy jongski. And then I see  Han Joo Wan from.. Kings Family.. I'm a happy happy jongski. I'll be honest, I'll be watching this for them and the acting. ( I've never watch previous school series - the one with Woo Bin, and Kim So Hyun) this will be the first time.  I hope the story is good! and well written.

@Go Seung Ji thanks! you made my day with this update. I actually saw my old tweet after Solomon Perjury ended and wished for either the cast to be in school 2017 or Reply series. I got my wish somehow with Jang Dong Yoon. I'll be here for the drama

PS:off topic but indulge please... I already said JDY deserve rookie ( in the Duel thread no less. YSJ is good but JDY....watch SP, you'll see why)

I'm hyper much at the moment. thanks for indulging. :)

'School 2017' reveals its rookie cast of high schoolers with Seol In Ah, Seo Ji Hoon, Kim Hee Chan, & more

kim-se-jung,sf9_1497401881_0003556272_00

Upcoming KBS2 Mon-Tues drama 'School 2017' has revealed its rookie cast of high school students!

Previously, Gugudan's Kim Se Jung and Kim Jung Hyun were confirmed as the production's leads, with Sunhwa, Han Joo Wan, and SF9's Rowoon also joining the cast. The latest cast of rookie actors will make up Kim Se Jung's classmates. 

Actress Seol In Ah will play Kim Se Jung's rival, while actress Park Se Hwan will be Kim Se Jung's best friend. Actor Seo Ji Hoon will play a student who loves to play the guitar and sing, while SF9's Rowoon will be an idol group member who has to show up to school for attendance. Finally, actress Ha Seung Ri will be in the role of a trouble student, while actor Kim Hee Chan will be a student enslaved by the pressure to achieve good grades. (Actors and actresses in order mentioned above from left to right in the image below!)

'School 2017' will tell the story of the high school students in class 1, year 2. It's set to air after 'Fight My Way' some time in July. Are you anticipating the next 'School' series?

Happy jongski! Another young actor from Solomon's Perjury in this drama! Seo Ji Hoon!  and with Jang Dong Yoon again! Plus Kim Hee Chan! I'm okay with the cast. These young actors I've watched their dramas and I know they have the acting skills.  Watch SP and you'll see what I mean. And they're not from any kpop group they're just young rookie actors. KHC probably the oldest and experienced among the young cast.

DCPw_JBUwAA_jDB.jpg

I'm sorry don't know who rowoon is and also not familiar with the female cast. But I'll be watching.

I really wish Yook sung jae (gong tae kwang of school 2015)in school 2017 even cameo role will be fine

Or

Queen of seven days young actor's are very talented if they cast in this drama I love it

I really want Lee pil mo...or yoo ji tae or Kim ji suk...as one of the teacher

Archived