• Japanese: 運命に、似た恋
  • Director: Masae Ichiki, Yoshi Ishizuka
  • Writer: Eriko Kitagawa
  • Network: NHK
  • Episodes: 8
  • Release Date: September 23 - November 11, 2016
  • Runtime: Fridays 22:00-22:49

Plot:

During their childhood, a little girl and a boy made a pledge to meet again. Now at the age of 45, the girl, Kasumi, is now a divorced mother of a son of high school age. She works as hard as she can at a laundry delivery shop for the wealthy, in order to make a living. Then one day, Kasumi encounters a young male designer, Yuri, who has attracted international attention. He is somehow far too familiar with her and pokes his nose into her affairs. Kasumi is initially wary, but she soon learns that he has a pure heart and starts to get drawn to him. These two people with different backgrounds fall in love. Why did Yuri appear before her? Could he be the boy from that time?

Cast:

Tomoyo Harada

Takumi Saito

Source: mydramalist

teaser:

Review

Who is here for Saito Takumi? *raises hand* ME ME ME!!!!! And Bel. Anddddddddd…… Mrs. Bagnet! Yes yes, she’s my new watching girlfriend. The three of us squee like schoolgirls! Especially with Mrs. B, the minute she hit the play button, she automatically transform to a 14 year old girl! And not just that, she continuously running out of breath. To be honest, I have supplied all my oxygen tanks to her…. I’m running out now *laughs*. Okay, okay… Let’s be serious and focus on this cheesy drama.

62f410efc2116fbd834eb3fc76ad396b

Unmei ni, Nita Koi is also known as A Destiny-Like Love. I guess the title give it all. The couple is destined to be together. But are they? The story line was predictable in the beginning but as you started to invest your feelings toward it, you will begin to feel pain that ultimately divide you to whether to go along on this wonderful and cheesy ride, or let the truth guide you to the end. I am torn. The ladies felt that death will be the final destiny for this drama. They are smart because the reality seems to be heading in that direction. Whereas for me, I want to continue to live in the cheesy bubble. This is all but just a dream. I do not want to think that death is the end goal *sigh*

So the story began with Kasumi, a divorced 45 old woman working in a dry cleaning service company. Her life is difficult. Her ex husband is a useless man; he continuously gambling his money away and always beg from Kasumi for more money. This is madness, she does not know how to turn him down. Together, they have a teen son with a bright career in sports. One catch about the son. He has a cute stalker. She has taken many photos of Kasumi’s son. Eventually she got caught by him and they are now, let’s say, in the process of blooming together. Their stories are the least of my worry.

m_musicbook-125069

Yuri is a famous furniture designer. He’s been all over Kasumi’s face. They got to know each other because Kasumi delivers his clothes to his condo. He has been trying to get her attention; she is doubting his every moves. But by episode 3, she realized he meant no harm and his intention was pure genuine. As their love progress, she realized he embodied of the boy she liked during her childhood time. He is definitely younger than her. Kasumi hesitated to start this relationship due to their different background. Her mother-in-law, bless her soul, encouraged her to be brave and start this journey. And so she did. So, what could be wrong in this relationship?

cvuyvwgviaqlxdv

Actually? Nothing! Prior to Kasumi, Yuri has a richard simmons buddy, Maho-san or as we called her as Harpy *laughs*. She was furious when Yuri left her for Kasumi. She is now determined to ruin him and his career. On top of that, Yuri is enslaved to his mentor. He feels guilty that the mentor’s son died instead of him; he therefore devoted his guilt life for the mentor. These two are the villains in Unmei ni, Nita Koi. They are the worse of the worse. They are extremely selfish because all they ever did was using Yuri for their own personal gain.

1001tomoyoharada_666

When Kasumi suspected that Yuri is the boy she fell in love with, she was extremely happy and shocked that she finally able to rekindle with him. But later on she noticed that Yuri works with his right hand whereas the Yuri she remembered was left-handed. Yuri was able to push away her doubt. Kasumi and her simple minded life did not question it any further. But this led to Yuri’s deep secret. He’s not the real Amori, the real boy’s name. This secret could go either way with Kasumi. So Yuri have been using Amori’s memories to seek Kasumi. Another secret is that Amori is the mentor’s son. The last twist I saw by episode 6 was that Yuri is dying!

cv3jclwusaa_rfz

I just saw episode 7 with the ladies and we have another episode to go. This 8-episode drama was nothing but cheesy in the beginning. The lines got my hair standing up. I wonder how these actors feel when delivering the cheesy lines for us to squee and drools *laughs*. I would feel so embarrassed but hey, it is their job to deliver it and they did it well. And Saito and his hair oh em geeeeeeeeee… He made our ovaries exploded over and over again! His every move in this drama is deemed sexy! Nothing less *giggles*. We are dying to see the end of it. This show could go either way. Yuri may ends up dead. Or not. Kasumi may walk away after knowing the truth about Yuri. Or not. If you are as curious as I am, let’s watch it together! Plus, you always need Saito dose because he’s the schmexy Japanese man on earth!

cvrmjzdusaih6y1

I loved so much this drama. That's the reason I create this forum. Later I post more images.

(source of the review: https://mymyooz.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/currently-watching-unmei-ni-nita-koi/)

• 1 year later...

Archived