[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

2 hours ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

The looks given by both of them. Ml subtle (i think at this point she has already has feeling for him). Gty's look really infatuated. 

• 7b34a143ly1fz7urgb9tdj20u01gue3x.jpg
  • 7b34a143ly1fz7urfchrkj21gu0u0tra.jpg
  • 7b34a143ly1fz7urgsvxsj20u01gunlm.jpg

Just wanna comment she looks adorable in the eunuch's clothes! :wub:

She does look a lil bashful in the pics

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I thought Linniangs family suffered from a down fall I'm wondering where did she get all those deeds she had..

That was stuff that she got Sheng Hong to give her by using her charms. He spoiled her a lot.

10 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Watch it again and check out brother.. looks like he's checking to see if his ears was still attach to his head after seeing Dad almost choke and mom nearly feel off the bed.. It's halrious..:w00t:

I thought Linniangs family suffered from a down fall I'm wondering where did she get all those deeds she had..

Lin Yiniang's properties are from the father SH since he did not want her and her children suffer like him and his mom being concubine and shu son. His father had a few concubines and there are a couple who were dominant that they were giving the grandma, main wife, as well as SH and his mom a hard time. Grandma also ended up not knowing their suffering even though she was main wife because she was dealing with sickness and eventual death of her son. However, after her husband died young, she took SH as her own son by putting his name under her though she continued letting his mom raise him. 

I think CB touched his ears because his hands got burned after he got startled by his mom's fall. 

2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

In the next episode trailer QH visits Minglan's home. Looks like Xiatao turns him away.Can any one translate what she says?

I think the scenes from this trailer are not in order. 

QH said that he can take the exam in Spring instead of waiting for another year. 

He went to ML's house to talk to the grandma.

Xiaotao: grandma said QH might be here to ask her to talk ML into something (I guess not marrying but not sure to whom, Dr. He or GTY)

QH: grandma is really wise

Xiaotao: grandma said she is not going to talk to ML since she hasn't forgotten what QH did before to ML. 

15 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

QH said that he can take the exam in Spring instead of waiting for another year. 

He went there to ML's house to talk to the grandma.

Xiaotao: grandma said the QH might be here to ask her to talk ML into something (I guess not marrying but not sure to whom, Dr. He or GTY)

Xiaotao: grandma said she is not going to talk to ML since she hasn't forgotten what QH did before to ML. 

Gotta love XiaoTao of being so protective of ML. 

And while she's a bit "dumb", ML had surely trained her well for her to find out so much information about Liang family. 

And when Molan thinks she can get info from XiaoTao about ML, it totally backfired with her falling right into the trap ML laid. 

Her loyalty to ML is precious. She even got angry on behalf of ML when ML's face got hurt! 

And grandma too of course! 

11 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

Xiaotao: grandma said the QH might be here to ask her to talk ML into something (I guess not marrying but not sure to whom, Dr. He or GTY)

I love Grandma’s protective streak. I might feel bad for QH but I am so looking forward to his mom being turned down by grandma when she comes to ask for ML’s hand

15 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

Thank you.Love grandma and xiatao for looking out for ML.

1 hour ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I hope he doesn’t turn into an obsessive vengeful ex-lover guy either. 

I agree with you. As much as I liked HQ, I hope HQ doesn’t turn out to be some crazy obsessive ex-lover. It’s about time he moves on with life instead of lingering on his puppy love for ML. 

I actually would love to see Madam Qi come and propose marriage for ML or the Sheng family to have grandma stump on their pride in front of everyone. 

I’m getting super excited as our main couple is starting to get closer and seeing almost everything from eye to eye level. 

ML did a awesome job at killing two birds with one stone (Molan and her mother out of the way) that should be one step closer to having a little peaceful life.

idk how ML deals with all these family dramas and not have white hair or wrinkles and stilling looking young as ever...

5 hours ago, leeza77 said:

She was a spoiled brat and thinking highly of herself. Lazy. But she's not malicious. I laughed when rulan told her mother that ml was stupid.. Whilst the stupid one was her.. Ha ha. Hualan was excellent, good manner. She and cb has not follow the trait of their parents (maybe both of them were adopted.. Joking} :joy:

Sometimes I can see the endearing part of RL, but when she turn her entitled mode on, I just go <_< hopefully after her marriage she will wisen up and see what sisterly bond is. Cb and HL seems more like grandma’s family rather then their parents. Sheng family saving grace.

4 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

You do make me think about RL she is so entitled and never really shows ML any sincerity it does seem like she see's her as a servant.  

Exactly, Hualan see her as her sister, but Rualan see her as a shu-sister

4 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

Hulan was raised by grandma and of course, her morality is better than Rulan. Personalities of both Rulan and Molan are reflective of their mothers.

@nichiwooheeSince Wang Shi despised Ling Yiniang, she disliked Molan (who herself is also whiny, competitive and acts sorrowful like her mother), she always mention regards to di and shu born in front of Rulan which shaped her thinking. 

Reveal hidden contents

there is also reason why Rulan always want to make Molan angry and get happy whenever Molan is miserable. Molan has this entitlement for everything since she was  a child. She will try to get whatever she wants from her sister by manipulating her father's feelings by resorting to various methods like her mother. Molan's crying and whining also gives Wang Shi headaches that she also had to give in to her reluctantly.  In the book, when they were young, Rulan received a jade locket from her maternal uncle (Wang Shi's brother). Molan made their father gave Rulan's jade to her by crying, and looking pitiful, and saying that jade matches her name. Molan also told Rulan that she is also entitled to the jade as that is also her uncle (since all children are considered those of main wife, Wang shi brother is also her uncle). 

I'm just pointing out people thoughts and actions are products of environments they grew up in. That's why people also have generation gap as political, economy and cultural experiences of people in one decade are different from another decade even if they are in same country and culture. Of course, people maturity and their age also factors into their thoughts and actions.

Yes.. I remember grandma asking hualan to find a solution in the 1st episode, I can see she had a hand in bringing her up. Watching RL and Molan is like watching mini big madam and concubine lin. I would understand when she does it to molan, but damn.. why keep bringing it up with minglan too? Even when talking to her mother her true mindset still the same, ml should have just ignore her like she did molan, both are annoying sisters who dont see her as their sister anyway

24 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Sometimes I can see the endearing part of RL, but when she turn her entitled mode on, I just go <_< hopefully after her marriage she will wisen up and see what sisterly bond is. Cb and HL seems more like grandma’s family rather then their parents. Sheng family saving grace.

Exactly, Hualan see her as her sister, but Rualan see her as a shu-sister

Yes.. I remember grandma asking hualan to find a solution in the 1st episode, I can see she had a hand in bringing her up. Watching RL and Molan is like watching mini big madam and concubine lin. I would understand when she does it to molan, but damn.. why keep bringing it up with minglan too? Even when talking to her mother her true mindset still the same, ml should have just ignore her like she did molan, both are annoying sisters who dont see her as their sister anyway

Remember a conversation between ml and xiatao, when ml said to xiatao that she has to finish embroidery for rualan. Xiatao replied so miss 5 asked you to embroider for her again!? And ml said "when did she ever ask"? Show bullying attitude of rualan. Treat her like a servant. 

47 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Remember a conversation between ml and xiatao, when ml said to xiatao that she has to finish embroidery for rualan. Xiatao replied so miss 5 asked you to embroider for her again!? And ml said "when did she ever ask"? Show bullying attitude of rualan. Treat her like a servant. 

Wait for everyone to have to bow down to minglan in the future! Wife of Gu Ting Ye- the next Marquis Gu, darling general of the new Emperor

di sister who? Wife of the 6th son of a count who?  

:mrgreen:

Archived