[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

23 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Wow.. Stepmom really deranged. She wants to kill ml to cripple gty. She's so jealous of gty & ml passion, just like her late  husband's passion to her late sister. 

I wish they had mentioned why she married GTY's father knowing he was devoted to his sister.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

I wish they had mentioned why she married GTY's father knowing he was devoted to his sister.

Guess she thought she can win his love. She thinks highly of herself. Impeccably manner, soft spoken, virtuous wife. When she realised that the hubby was pinning for her late wife, despite her coaxing.. The resentment made her crazy with hatred. 

7 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Guess she thought she can win his love. She thinks highly of herself. Impeccably manner, soft spoken, virtuous wife. When she realised that the hubby was pinning for her late wife, despite her coaxing.. The resentment made her crazy with hatred. 

Thanks for sharing.She is twisted.No wonder she got along so well with Aunt Kang.

5 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

@minglan1 and @leeza77  Little MdM Qi is delusional and I still can’t pity her at all. Here are the reasons why I can’t pity her, 1, She knew already her in law was in love with his first wife, he never got any concubine and he has children. What was she hoping for , he would miraculously love her. The man was in love with First wife, grieved for her , saw how he acted after her death, DID SHE REALLY THINK HE WOULD GET OVER HER BECAUSE OF HER. That was her first mistake and second mistake is that he has children. Did she expect him to abandon his children for her. The problem with Stepmom is that she is ungrateful and selfish because he wasn’t a terrible husband. He just couldn’t love her the way she wanted but he gave her respect while she was manipulating him to hate his own son.  Smh smh smh 

10 minutes ago, mingerling said:

the ending cards on youtube are the worst thing to ever happen to the site! that damn rectangle box thingy is in the way of me being able to properly watch that kiss scene  :triumph:

Ha ha.. Let me tell you. She kissed him four times with loud kissy sound. On the cheek, left, right, left again and the last one gty woke up from his shock and his lip met hers.. Ha ha. Chaste kisses.. Alas so sweet. The beginning of revealation of their love. Every disaster ml & gty will end up with they getting closer. :kiss_wink:

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@minglan1 and @leeza77  Little MdM Qi is delusional and I still can’t pity her at all. Here are the reasons why I can’t pity her, 1, She knew already her in law was in love with his first wife, he never got any concubine and he has children. What was she hoping for , he would miraculously love her. The man was in love with First wife, grieved for her , saw how he acted after her death, DID SHE REALLY THINK HE WOULD GET OVER HER BECAUSE OF HER. That was her first mistake and second mistake is that he has children. Did she expect him to abandon his children for her. The problem with Stepmom is that she is ungrateful and selfish because he wasn’t a terrible husband. He just couldn’t love her the way she wanted but he gave her respect while she was manipulating him to hate his own son.  Smh smh smh 

I kind of get the feeling she had no choice. The marriage with her brother in law was arranged by the parents or maybe the old marquis wanted to assuage his guilt of abandoning their daughter by taking in her sister. 

If she had liked her sister she would be resentful to the marquis....if she didn't like her she would want to take everything of hers to make her own, including the love of her husband. But soon she realized that the marquis has not forgotten her sister....which then made her more resentful of everything and everyone in Gu house. It was then she starts scheming. If her son inherits the title then everything will finally be hers.

Who knows, she may have entered the marriage with a lot of expectations of a loving husband and a good life...only to realize she was just a substitute mother and Daniang....not an actual wife.

30 minutes ago, Gina Corporan Rios said:

Okay Thansk for sharing this clip @Gina Corporan Rios.

I am quite confused to QH’s reaction of GTY’s visits. Since second wife was willing to risk her life to save hubby even though there was no danger, QH will now fall in love with his wife. I guess I can now understand why the writer changed QH so much in the drama. I can be okay with it. It looks like Q will have his happy ending after all. Or I am hoping for that to happen. 

I really feel angry towards general shen's sister. Stupid woman. No wonder the noble ladies of bianjiang laughed at her.. How come she blamed ml for the punishment meted to concubine zhou. Didn't she realised the punishment was light enough for the crime committed.. Attempting murder against your superior. General Sheng also as stupid as her sister. Preventing eunuch from executing punishment meted by the ED to the concubine. Thus, he fell into ED trap. Luckily the empress has such a great heart and wisdom (of course on ml's advise) to ask forgiveness from ED. :crazy:

Love the conversation between grandma and ml, where ml told about her conversation with empress. Grandma remarked that id ml is a man, she will not lost to SH & CB. ML teasingly replied that grandma actually praised herself, because she's the one who raised her. :joy:

There's always more than meets the eyes. 

Show did well in showing us layers of the character. 

That beneath each surface, everyone has their own story, and reason..

Whether or not those reasons are something we could agree with, we were given characters that weren't just born evil..

On the surface, Mdm Qin is a soft-spoken, virtuous madam of Gu. 

Yet, beneath that surface, is a highly manipulative and scheming woman, trying to hold onto the power of Marquis. 

But even deeper than that, is merely a woman who directed her anger, jealousy and resentment to all the wrong people and places. 

She's jealous of her elder sis. Inferior in every way (not suited for child bearing, not good enough for managing household, short life, sickly), yet she got loved by Marquis Gu in a way she never got. 

For it may have all just happened from 1 mistake...she hoped. Hoped that Marquis would 1 day let go of her sis and love her. 

Then the disappointment, resentment, anger. 

She may have then turned her focus on power, and ensuring her son succeed the title..

GTY-ML is driving her to the edge of insanity, for they are a shadow of what her sis and Marquis Gu...ML supposedly inferior in her background, as a Shu daughter of a lower official, yet GTY being so in love, and passionate to her, and they are so supportive of each other. 

Pitiable person, but with unpardonable sins...

On the flip side of the coin, there is, on the surface, a weak, docile, meek, unassuming Shu daughter of a lowly scholar who suddenly got lucky to reach the higher branch, marrying up to a Marquis as main wife. 

Yet, underneath, ML is highly intelligent, calm, witty, sharp, ferocious, an astute woman. 

Whilst the world sees she got lucky, in reality, GTY is the lucky one as his family is really a big pile of mess, and comes with a lot of baggages, including a child, and a crazy ex. 

She's just been going into one battle after another since she married him. 

GTY knew from Day 1 that he's the lucky one, which he admitted to her on their wedding night. 

Once, Danju said that Miss is lucky to marry Dr He (before the couz appears), and XiaoTao corrected her, "No, whoever that marries Miss is the lucky one"...that sentiment was apt. 

That while the world sees what a person chooses to let them see, those closest to them, and those willing to see beneath the surface, understand. 

Given, ML did get lucky because GTY really loves her..but even if she ended up in a loveless marriage, she made a conscious choice, that she will live in peace. 

Show did well to flash out while some are born privileged, and entitled, others unfavoured and lowly, they are free to make choices in life. 

Even if they may not get to choose their marriage or career, they could still choose the path they want to walk with the cards they hold. 

Whether to live driven by greed, fulfilled by hatred and resentment, or to live merely in peace with the heart, is a choice that everyone has...

1 minute ago, Jackie1048 said:

I believe Gu Ting Ye went to thank Wi Heng for saving Ming Lan but where did Qi Heng's wife got the idea that Gu Ting Ye would harm Qi Heng is beyond me. That woman has very poor deduction skills.

It doesn't matter whether there is a probability for that or not.. As long as she can put a huge show of caring and loving the hubby, then she succeed to win the hubby's affection. And qh was not equipped to understand woman's manipulation. :D

5 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

There's always more than meets the eyes. 

Show did well in showing us layers of the character. 

That beneath each surface, everyone has their own story, and reason..

Whether or not those reasons are something we could agree with, we were given characters that weren't just born evil..

On the surface, Mdm Qin is a soft-spoken, virtuous madam of Gu. 

Yet, beneath that surface, is a highly manipulative and scheming woman, trying to hold onto the power of Marquis. 

But even deeper than that, is merely a woman who directed her anger, jealousy and resentment to all the wrong people and places. 

She's jealous of her elder sis. Inferior in every way (not suited for child bearing, not good enough for managing household, short life, sickly), yet she got loved by Marquis Gu in a way she never got. 

For it may have all just happened from 1 mistake...she hoped. Hoped that Marquis would 1 day let go of her sis and love her. 

Then the disappointment, resentment, anger. 

She may have then turned her focus on power, and ensuring her son succeed the title..

GTY-ML is driving her to the edge of insanity, for they are a shadow of what her sis and Marquis Gu...ML supposedly inferior in her background, as a Shu daughter of a lower official, yet GTY being so in love, and passionate to her, and they are so supportive of each other. 

Pitiable person, but with unpardonable sins...

On the flip side of the coin, there is, on the surface, a weak, docile, meek, unassuming Shu daughter of a lowly scholar who suddenly got lucky to reach the higher branch, marrying up to a Marquis as main wife. 

Yet, underneath, ML is highly intelligent, calm, witty, sharp, ferocious, an astute woman. 

Whilst the world sees she got lucky, in reality, GTY is the lucky one as his family is really a big pile of mess, and comes with a lot of baggages, including a child, and a crazy ex. 

She's just been going into one battle after another since she married him. 

GTY knew from Day 1 that he's the lucky one, which he admitted to her on their wedding night. 

Once, Danju said that Miss is lucky to marry Dr He (before the couz appears), and XiaoTao corrected her, "No, whoever that marries Miss is the lucky one"...that sentiment was apt. 

That while the world sees what a person chooses to let them see, those closest to them, and those willing to see beneath the surface, understand. 

Given, ML did get lucky because GTY really loves her..but even if she ended up in a loveless marriage, she made a conscious choice, that she will live in peace. 

Show did well to flash out while some are born privileged, and entitled, others unfavoured and lowly, they are free to make choices in life. 

Even if they may not get to choose their marriage or career, they could still choose the path they want to walk with the cards they hold. 

Whether to live driven by greed, fulfilled by hatred and resentment, or to live merely in peace with the heart, is a choice that everyone has...

Awww.. I love xiaotao. She's knows ml well and loyal to her. She's not that confused after all, just when ml talks in riddles.. Ha ha

2 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Awww.. I love xiaotao. She's knows ml well and loyal to her. She's not that confused after all, just when ml talks in riddles.. Ha ha

I also love how cute XiaoTao is when she lashes out on Shitou when it's GTY that annoyed ML, although she knows it's not Shitou's fault. :lol:

She's also totally loyal to ML. In the preview ML got mad at GTY and he asked XiaoTao to help him with his outer robe, and ML asked her not to, she totally just stood there and not do a thing! :lol:

5 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I also love how cute XiaoTao is when she lashes out on Shitou when it's GTY that annoyed ML, although she knows it's not Shitou's fault. :lol:

She's also totally loyal to ML. In the preview ML got mad at GTY and he asked XiaoTao to help him with his outer robe, and ML asked her not to, she totally just stood there and not do a thing! :lol:

She got confused lol.. Ml has transformed to a fish wife. Not the same calm and collected ml. Sulking and jealous.. Gty got his wish. A temperamental wife. Ha ha:joy:

@Golden Flower it's always interesting to read your analysis. They are always on another perspective. :)

We may agree or disagree, but we could at least see or understand. 

Just one thing tho. 

On the incident where the 3 girls fell out and embarrassed the family, but only RL and ML Got punished..

I agree that SH didn't know Molan instigated it. But he also didn't know If RL or ML did. 

It was ML's words against RL and ML. 

Yet he chose to believe Molan and punished the other 2. 

If he really doesnt know who instigated, should he punished all 3 the same way?

Why then did Molan got away scot free?

13 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

@nichiwoohee I never said that people cannot discuss or express their opinions. I also never mentioned characters shouldn't be called whatever posters wanted to call them or told viewers to stop calling them evil or stupid. I just said I wanted to point out perspectives from being in characters' shoes as over two weeks, I saw some posters misunderstanding some information, not getting full picture or a little bit too harsh/ biased on some characters as they aren't being good enough in their roles as we would like to see them in our modern eyes (eg. SH as a father to ML).  I'm just discussing my opinion constructively by quoting scenes and events from the drama and adding explanations of officials' rank. I even stopped comparing characters from drama with those of the novel as drama changed and added a lot of things. All the things I mentioned about SH are from the drama. I didn't think that any of my posts were offensive towards any posters here and I'm not sure why you're being a bit negative towards my posts saying I'm policing people and your last post sounds like I'm not allowing viewers to discuss their opinions and such which is totally untrue.  :( :( 

You might not intent to do so, but that’s the vibe I get. You and the other posters who enjoy the drama for the social, culture correctness it potrays should keep doing so, let me and others who like frivolous stuff and “blindly” follow the otp do the same. I’m sure the others are equally as bored reading the same thing over and over again.

Cant even spazz or curse in peace anymore :sleepy:

According to the new preview....Kang Aunts mommy went crying to ED to complain. It seems its after Kang aunt dies. ED got another tool for free. :cold_sweat:

It was funny when QH flinched at GTY's bow....he thought GTY came to fight him.....and wth with QH's wife thinking her husband is a damsel in distress:lol:

And Fengxian is having a pity party with GTY....all with... I have no where to go.....my roof is leaking (not sure about this) blah blah blah.

Archived