[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

Yes she can.but without QH's support ML can only live quietly, pretending to know nothing

39 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

Preview

Hide contents

Ep 57: 

Ep 58: 

What happened to Shitou? Did he get tricked by the lady maid?

When ML tells GTY that she is pregnant, its so cute ... and GTY was like, you have? you have what?

Seems like trickery is at work here.  They are trying to implicate people close to GTY to get to the emperor.  Did you see Madame Qin (GTY's stepmom's) face?  She is going to show her hands now.  Woahhhh, getting exciting.  

GTY is going to be a papa soon.  His reaction was so sweet.  I bet he probably was the same in real life :D 

13 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

I love their relationship. They really are like sisters. That hug at the end :bawling: :heart:

I am happy for her to get a marriage outside of complicated official families.  She is lucky that ML is her mistress and they have an excellent relationship that borders on sisterhood.  She doesn't have to accept her fate to become someone mistress or concubine.  Minglan will ensure that she is wedded off with a big dowry.  

I'm concerned about that concubine.  I thought I saw in one of the previewed a scene where she commits suicide (or tries to).  If that's the case, that will bring endless problems for GTY and especially ML.  They'll get blamed for mistreating her and the previous scandal with MN hasn't even died down yet.  Does anyone else remember seeing this or was it someone else?

59 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Totally agree it does not really make much sense for Auntie Kang to be this involved like wtf she doing.

She is a meddling witch who has too much time in her hands.  Hualan was saying to ML that she goes back to see her parents a few times a week now and Auntie Kang the Witch was always there.  This is a bad omen as she never cease to fan discord and has vicious tongue that will only cause trouble for her sister.  That grandma has already warned SH's main wife that she should distance herself eventhough Mme Kang is her biological sister.  Seems like grandma knows the kind of woman she is.  I do wonder her motives unless it was just pure pettiness on her part because I cannot see any monetary gain.  

16 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

I'm concerned about that concubine.  I thought I saw in one of the previewed a scene where she commits suicide (or tries to).  If that's the case, that will bring endless problems for GTY and especially ML.  They'll get blamed for mistreating her and the previous scandal with MN hasn't even died down yet.  Does anyone else remember seeing this or was it someone else?

I did not recall this part:hushed:......there was one where GTY previous Tongfang maid tried to commit suicide by running against the wall...?  That one happened the day after ML got married.  Correction : I think you may be referring to the lady in the trailer that leeza77 just posted.  I did not see that one.  :dissapointed_relieved:  Poor Minglan.  Never ending headache. I do feel like throtling Mrs Kang.  What a vengeful, manipulative, greedy, power hungry  b**ch :rage: 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

Hide contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

12 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

She is a meddling witch who has too much time in her hands.  Hualan was saying to ML that she goes back to see her parents a few times a week now and Auntie Kang the Witch was always there.  This is a bad omen as she never cease to fan discord and has vicious tongue that will only cause trouble for her sister.  That grandma has already warned SH's main wife that she should distance herself eventhough Mme Kang is her biological sister.  Seems like grandma knows the kind of woman she is.  I do wonder her motives unless it was just pure pettiness on her part because I cannot see any monetary gain.  

I'm also confused about her character involvement in this. Maybe they just trying to portray her as evil who involve in the killing of grandma later. And also, why would she even plotted to kill grandma when Wang Ruofu is already the remaining wife left at Sheng household, and she is also in charge of finance there isn't she? So why the need to meddle with ML's life?

Maybe she wants one of her daughter to be part of the Gu family, like she obviously offering stepmom a "good" concubine for GTY.

3 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

I am confused. Are concubines considered as being wives too even though they could be sold off or beaten to death like a servant? :confused:

Or did Madama Kang want her daughter to be the main wife instead of ML? 

58 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Dr He as ML husband. Based on their conversations he will treat ML as equal and I can see ML opening up to him as well.. He doesn’t think lowly of woman. Even though he made a mistake with the cousin, he told granny that he was guilty and admit his mistakes and tried to fix it. He’s gentle and kind maybe too much for his own good. The only danger I could think of is that all of ML personal maid were smitten by him. :lol:

Errr I think GTY is right. ML can be and do well as anyone’s wife. LOL sorry GTY, at least be happy you’re the husband... 

I actually agree i think ML would have opened up to Dr He as well he treat's women with alot of respect from what i have seen.

10 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Me too. She better not accept. Especially when she is pregnant. And GTY won't even want them. UGHHH!!! 

25 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I am happy for her to get a marriage outside of complicated official families.  She is lucky that ML is her mistress and they have an excellent relationship that borders on sisterhood.  She doesn't have to accept her fate to become someone mistress or concubine.  Minglan will ensure that she is wedded off with a big dowry.  

Does this mean she leaves ML or still serve's her??

23 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

I saw in one of the previews someone trying to stab ML is that the concubine or MN back??

19 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

We finally have a reason for Aunty Kang sucking up to evil stepmom.It was looking weird as to why she is meddling so much in their affairs.

2 minutes ago, selen4ever said:

I am confused. Are concubines considered as being wives too even though they could be sold off or beaten to death like a servant? :confused:

Or did Madama Kang want her daughter to be the main wife instead of ML? 

I think unless the concubine makes grave mistake, like an affair, they can't easily sold them off? I think they are supposed to become the servant of the main wife in theory, but if they give birth to a son, then they bring great merit to the family. I think last time when Wang Ruofu tried to sell Linniang off for affair, she still needs her to sign the confession that she was indeed having an affair and hence sold off. 

I do think Aunt Kang tries to have her daughter as the main wife, or at least highly favoured by GTY and stepmom, that's why she is trying to meddle in ML's affair.

6 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

I'm also confused about her character involvement in this. Maybe they just trying to portray her as evil who involve in the killing of grandma later. And also, why would she even plotted to kill grandma when Wang Ruofu is already the remaining wife left at Sheng household, and she is also in charge of finance there isn't she? So why the need to meddle with ML's life?

Maybe she wants one of her daughter to be part of the Gu family, like she obviously offering stepmom a "good" concubine for GTY.

I think that is it .. she wants her daughter in Gu Family was she accepted?? and i think she wants to harm Grandma because she knows what Kang is really like and is on guard/warning people.

12 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Was the Shu daughter accepted? if so i think shes the one to try harm ML during pregnancy. 

2 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

I think unless the concubine makes grave mistake, like an affair, they can't easily sold them off? I think they are supposed to become the servant of the main wife in theory, but if they give birth to a son, then they bring great merit to the family. I think last time when Wang Ruofu tried to sell Linniang off for affair, she still needs her to sign the confession that she was indeed having an affair and hence sold off. 

I do think Aunt Kang tries to have her daughter as the main wife, or at least highly favoured by GTY and stepmom, that's why she is trying to meddle in ML's affair.

I see. I though she needed the confession because her husband was in love with concubine Lin so she needed a good reason to not appear just jealous/vindictive.

3 hours ago, frenchfan said:

BTW in one of the trailer for future episodes, seems like QH is going to land himself in a hot soup with the emperor when he insisted why the ED wasn't there.  The emperor left the court hall and you could see QH gulping nervously.  I hope he will not fall for the ED ploy and be her puppet but I fear that his family ties will kind of make him do her bidding.  

GTY is lucky to have ML as wife as she is more cautious.  Example, when Manniang resurfaced and tried to strangle Rong'Er, he got mad and would have killed Manniang in rage but ML interfered knowing that evil stepmom would be watching them 24/7.  She calmed him down and got him to see reasons and planned what they should be doing next. Always thinking ahead so whatever happens will not impact him and his place at court.  Like the ED, the emperor has a BUY-1-FREE-1 with the Gu family.   Stepmom was curious why there was no hooha as she knows well GTY's temperament and her maid told her that ML interfered.  Then when the grand aunt of GTY came to give him a concubine, ML accepted and thwarted stepmom's plan to get close to grand aunt as she was anticipating ML to refuse like she did in the past. I am pleased to see that they are such a matching couple.  

I am anticipating the poisoning of grandma next.  I want to see angry ML.  "I want justice" like in the trailer :D      

@frenchfan  To  late the ED already made him out to be her puppet.. I;m wondering will it ever be told by someone in court that he's going after GTY because he lost ML to him and all his anger stems from jealous of the man that he thinks stole his one and only love.. I somehow think this would come to the ears of the ED or may have already has and this is just why she choose to use him in her struggle to maintain power in and out of the court.. 

I'm seeing moore and moore why Step Mom vicious behavior will esculate into setting that mansion on fire.. It seens at the polo match she couldn;t get people on her side as she tried to bad mouth ML.. She left without getting what she wants snd next if ML makes her Dad takes Aunt to task regarding  Gran ny thats another plan of Evil step Mom thrown out the widow before budding into anmy fruitation..  ML will become more dangerous to her because Step Mom can't figure her out or whats next to do nor anticipate ML next move.. So yes I could se her needing to kill ML to get GTY to act out like he used to..

I think  our power couple should reverse roles, This would really throw step mom off her game..

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

@jewelsc  You have to think about what day and age ML is living in and when it comes to the Step Mom  Vs  PP to totally different women.. The Gu house women don;t carry the status that the princess carries she would have to libe more cautiosly then ever not opening up hiding back at lot of she wants to say.. She would never ride another horse or play a polo match ever again because in PP etyes this is something a Princess DIL don;gt do or wouldn't do .. If ML married him she'll be living in a cage may as well marry a king and live inside that cage of the palace..   

24 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I think this is were the posoning of Granny comes in at because I think she step in and stop this.. Aunt thinks if Granny is out of the way ML would consent.. Aunt Kang can bring the women from the palace as they were offered before I don;t think ML will comply even if Aunt Kang tells her how she owes the family don;t make her take in one of there own as a comcubine for her husband..

Archived