Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, hello210 said:

Darn, at 1 ep a day, it’s going seem like it’ll be forever until we see the whole scene between QH and GTY. I don’t really see the relevance of bringing up MN rumors in court. To me that will only make QH seem petty so will wait to see the whole thing. 

To have a good reputation was essential for an official then. Any personal misconduct or family rumor could cost an official's position and political career. QH was a Yu Shi, a supervisory official whose job was to report officials' problems both at work and at home to the emperor. So it's really not a trivial issue. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head. Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery? Thats why they say.... be c

adorable couple ============  

Aunti Kang short biography:   Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with th

8 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

  Hide contents

I think he died in the book due to malnutrition and trailers show GTY crying over a grave im not sure if hes dead yet but he will die.

 

 

you see it here she takes them to grave. 

 

 

 

What is being said between GTY and QH ;ooooo 

Thanks :))) but BrUh I hope there's no plot twist and it turns out MN's brother is grooming Chang'e to get revenge on ML and GTY (I saw some1 talking about that in this thread) 

 

-  IKR I want to see whether GTY will unit with QH (and QH will grow some balls) or if they will be political enemies idk what they are saying BUT omg I'm more interested in ML, RL and fourth sister dynamics ehehe it seems like she will finally be able to stand her ground 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

I'm really confused about the stepmom's son right now. I read the book before watching drama and in the book he is a villain so since the beginning I always assume he's a bad guy and kinda hate him. Now I'm not sure since he hasn't shown any sign of evil (yet) and the drama seems to derail from the book quite a lot. Did they decide to change his character or what? If they did then I really don't know what to feel. I can say I'm quite prejudiced against him.

 

I just think they made the other brother the villain i dont see the 3rd brother doing anything bad .

 

42 minutes ago, matrim said:

To have a good reputation was essential for an official then. Any personal misconduct or family rumor could cost an official's position and political career. QH was a Yu Shi, a supervisory official whose job was to report officials' problems both at work and at home to the emperor. So it's really not a trivial issue. 

 

51 minutes ago, lilkat75 said:

A lot of people to be up with all the previews :joy:

I'm going to be talking about episode 46 and 47ish...I think it's fair enough that QH is being diligent with his work but like many others have said, he seems to be a pawn of the ED. Did anyone else notice when GTY coughed purposely when one of the ministers was about to mention QH was married to the previous princess and her father who was the supposed next emperor? I thought it was nice of GTY as he holds the face of QH I think? Correct me if I'm wrong about this, that was the vibe I was getting at... It was really nice when in a much earlier episode, QH prayed for the happiness for the ML and a sense he let go... Thus, I will be pretty disappointed if QH held grudges which affect his line of work as I think his characterisation will go backwards because again he is not thinking how it will affect ML who he obviously still cares about. However, I don't blame him for keeping the dolls as a keepsake. It's not like he was opening them and admiring them. Although he does not love his current wife, he is respectful enough to her and many marriages were arranged/not for love so I don't understand his wife's logic of investigating his past love when she will be the one hurt and QH is not even bringing up ML. :wacko: 

 

As lilkat pointed out though GTY coughed to defend QH's honor it seems while QH seems to be working against GTY.. Really not liking QH at all. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guinearoyal said:

 

I agree with your points here. ML and TY are great characters, both together and separate, they are portrayed very realistically, compared to some dramas I have watched where the characters were a bit two dimensional. 

But personally what I love about their relationship is how TY had always liked and respected ML since they were young. And unlike everyone else, he knew what kind of person she was behind her facade. This was really shown when they were in the Sheng school and he had encouraged her to speak out and debate with her. Everyone was like "oh the shy miss. oh sweet ML does not know very much." and TY was like "Lol, you people have literally no idea. Come on girl, talk!" He liked cracking her shell and when she would dish it back out at him. She would give as good as she got when it came to him and he respected her for that. 

But I think it wasn't till he pulled her out of the river and they started talking about his daughters future, that he truly started to fall for ML. It is clear that with TY, from having such a crappy family life growing up, the key to his heart is family. He mentioned to his Nanny in the beginning that the birth of his children made him feel like he had a place and could for once be loved, when he was always hated and scorned before. Though he had liked MN in the beginning, he did not love her, he did however, love his children. So when ML started advising him to take better care of his daughter, it resonated with him that she cared for and thought well of someone he loved. And where others in her position would look down on a child like his due to birth and circumstance, she never did that once. And it occurred to him that with ML he could have the kind of life and family he has always wanted. So from that moment on, I can see that he viewed her as not just as ML, but as his future spouse. Cause if you watch carefully, his behavior and language towards her changes during their conversation on the beach. And afterwards he behaves much closer with her and starts following her around and taking her safety seriously. 

Anyways, I got caught up and have started blabbing away.

He was pleasantly surprised at her insightful words.He even mentioned why she isn't able to work out her problems regarding marriage given her intelligence and understanding.In hindsight,his mention to ML about thinking of  having a path to retreat in the future wrt marriage had deeper meaning.

She didn't have that and was caught  in the net he cast without a chance of escape from marrying him.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mingerling said:

Yooo this show is getting hella spicyyyy

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HdtOnB0UP?fid=1034:4332128452962200

 

Spoiler

Omg so much happening i liked the emotion from Wang Ruofu face when ML is have that speech vs SH, it seems like shes really feeling sorry for ML. I also really detest SH and anyone who thinks hes a good father. 

 

Also the acting from ZLY in that scene and through out this drama really impressed me.

 

I just want ML to flip out more vs SH shes bottled it up for to long.

 

 

This drama will be in my top 5 Chinese drama's ever its just so damn solid i cant really fault anything .

 

NIF

Story of Yanxi Palace

Ming Lan

10 miles of peach blossoms

Addicted.

 

The last choice is hard but i really loved addicted. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greenwatch08 said:

Im still amused that both the lead actors (ZLY&FSF) who portrays ML & TY are a couple in real life. Like wow, even these cuties are a couple on & offscreen. I'm so happy for them. 

 

Also married and have a child on the way .. so its amazing.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

Also married and have a child on the way .. so its amazing.

I didn't know until ep.18 when someone mentioned it in the discussion box on viki. I'm still awestruck. Congrats to them. They are lovely together.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mingerling said:

Yooo this show is getting hella spicyyyy

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HdtOnB0UP?fid=1034:4332128452962200

Omg it's going down.. ML finally openly talked about her mother issue.. She definitely knows Molan must have done the same thing to the concubine.. So sad.. Yaass ML let them know the injustice you felt 

6 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I didn't know until ep.18 when someone mentioned it in the discussion box on viki. I'm still awestruck. Congrats to them. They are lovely together.

They truly are so cute.. I love reel-real couples a lot.. I believe they are much more in love than what we see here because this drama was made after they started dating.. So cute 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Omg so much happening i liked the emotion from Wang Ruofu face when ML is have that speech vs SH, it seems like shes really feeling sorry for ML. I also really detest SH and anyone who thinks hes a good father. 

 

Also the acting from ZLY in that scene and through out this drama really impressed me.

 

I just want ML to flip out more vs SH shes bottled it up for to long.

 

 

This drama will be in my top 5 Chinese drama's ever its just so damn solid i cant really fault anything .

 

NIF

Story of Yanxi Palace

Ming Lan

10 miles of peach blossoms

Addicted.

 

The last choice is hard but i really loved addicted. 

These are great dramas really.. So on my list too. And Minglan just made its way to my top 3.. It's so well made that it really gives you the concept of family.. The directors do not disappoint, they did NIF and they are making changes with minglan too

 

16 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im still amused that both the lead actors (ZLY&FSF) who portrays ML & TY are a couple in real life. Like wow, even these cuties are a couple on & offscreen. I'm so happy for them. 

I was so happy when I heard they will be doing this drama after knowing about their relationship.. Somehow you can feel the real feelings there even though Zhao liying has great chemistry with all her male leads but this feels more different or maybe because they have been dating before this drama and they are married, I somehow view them differently.. It's just so great seeing them together 

  • Like 6
  • Off-Topic 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Suzzy San said:

I was so happy when I heard they will be doing this drama after knowing about their relationship.. Somehow you can feel the real feelings there even though Zhao liying has great chemistry with all her male leads but this feels more different or maybe because they have been dating before this drama and they are married, I somehow view them differently.. It's just so great seeing them together 

Wow. I didnt know.

I'm not too familiar with c-entertainment

/actors & actresses. TSoML is the fourth c-drama I ever watched.

 

ZLY & FSF have such great onscreen chemistry as ML & TY. They are both so in tune with eachother. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Wow. I didnt know.

I'm not too familiar with c-entertainment

/actors & actresses. TSoML is the fourth c-drama I ever watched.

 

ZLY & FSF have such great onscreen chemistry as ML & TY. They are both so in tune with eachother. 

True true.. They are so in tune with each other.. Yes they got married last year Oct and expecting a child now 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

@paras part of the answer to your question earlier in new preview 

 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:29 AM, Golden Flower said:

It seems to me Molan was trying to kneel but her husband prevented her or she sat back down after SH pulled her up from kneeling. I'm not sure she is trying to kneel to beg ML something or ML brought up about CL causing ML's mom death. (Molan's husband didn't look that upset though he look uncomfortable. So, I'm not sure whether ML directly accused Molan causing foils for her husband's concubine or not (?)) Then, may be ML get angry due to Molan's usual tactics of crying/ kneeling and ML started throwing bowls? 

 

New preview & summary: The continuation of ML’s head-on argument with SH at family lunch!

 

Spoiler

http://m.v.qq.com/x/cover/x/xmw2gfef226jygj/r0029f9w1uy.html?&ptag=4_6.6.1.22092_copy

 

My guess from earlier was right that ML brought up about CL causing her mom’s death during childbirth. However, we cannot tell what exactly happened between Molan and ML for her to bring her mom’s case up and causing Molan kneel (pretend to kneel?). It is also not clear whether ML told everyone that Molan causing foils for her husband’s concubine, Chunniang, like CL did to her mom. However, Liang Han starts to have doubts about Molan's words. He was asking whether their first secret meeting at the temple when she slipped was coincidental. I guess she has been telling him it was their fate. He threatened her to tell him the truth or he would go ask ML.

GTY said he loves her quiet and warm nature but he loves her feisty side more. ML now has to face GTY’s paternal aunt giving her concubines :( GTY defends ML saying it isn’t ML fault and told his aunt about step-mom sending MN to stab him so that her own son could inherit when he dies. (I hope his aunt believes him). ML told Tanju that she doesn't want to bother GTY with this little thing (didn’t mention in details) since he has been having issues at imperial court and already protected her with his aunt making her accept concubines. 

(I’m just writing this out of my memory after watching trailer. I’m sorry I don’t have time now to go back and check every dialogues like I did for previous previews' translations). Hope my summary makes sense. 

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

These are great dramas really.. So on my list too. And Minglan just made its way to my top 3.. It's so well made that it really gives you the concept of family.. The directors do not disappoint, they did NIF and they are making changes with minglan too

 

I was so happy when I heard they will be doing this drama after knowing about their relationship.. Somehow you can feel the real feelings there even though Zhao liying has great chemistry with all her male leads but this feels more different or maybe because they have been dating before this drama and they are married, I somehow view them differently.. It's just so great seeing them together 

 

Maybe my list changes after i finish the advisors alliance and Empresses in the palace but Ming Lan will stay top 5 for sure. 

19 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Wow. I didnt know.

I'm not too familiar with c-entertainment

/actors & actresses. TSoML is the fourth c-drama I ever watched.

 

ZLY & FSF have such great onscreen chemistry as ML & TY. They are both so in tune with eachother. 

 

You watched NIF and Yanxi , 10 miles of peach blossoms?

 

I would suggest all 3 of these for everyone whose sorta new to Chinese Drama's. 

  • Like 3
  • Off-Topic 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

You watched NIF and Yanxi , 10 miles of peach blossoms?

 

I would suggest all 3 of these for everyone whose sorta new to Chinese Drama's. 

Thanks.

After TSoML is finished airing, I'll check these out. I've heard good things about NIF & Yanxi.

  • Like 2
  • Off-Topic 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

I'm really confused about the stepmom's son right now. I read the book before watching drama and in the book he is a villain so since the beginning I always assume he's a bad guy and kinda hate him. Now I'm not sure since he hasn't shown any sign of evil (yet) and the drama seems to derail from the book quite a lot. Did they decide to change his character or what? If they did then I really don't know what to feel. I can say I'm quite prejudiced against him.

Spoiler

From What I recall, Gu Tingwei the third brother was a shadowy character in the novel, as the author didn't elaborate on him. I can remember 2 scenes in which he was in. The first one is when the GTY's mansion was on fire and ml giving birth to her child, GTW did nothing and played with his children. The other is after the second rebellion, GTW's corpse was discovered outside GTY's mansion, obviously he was the leader behind the attack. I think it implies that GTW wasn't a villain from the start, maybe he was manipulated by his mother, who changed him from a indifferent bystander to a villain.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

TV epi 51-52 comment on Maniang...

 

Spoiler

When I was watching today's episode earlier this morning, I cannot seem to figure out why MN would stab GTY if she wants to be accepted as his concubine even if she isn't lying about the son's death. She should seduce him as she used to instead of falling out with him. GTY even mentioned to MN that she was no longer curry-favoring him like she used to before she stabbed him. episode 52 ended in GTY and ML interrogating MN in storage room not believing what she said about the son's death was the truth. I thought of two possibilities, (1) MN already went crazy and the son actually died (2) step-mom offered money to MN so that she would stab and kill GTY. 

Then, I saw the previews of her choking Rong'er and her burning paper at son's grave. From the preview, I believe it is no 2 possibility and I do not think MN has gone crazy as she is capable of saying right things to GTY in the beginning, she was able to say right thing to beg for her food from food stall and seems to be following instructions of step-mom in spreading bad news of GTY “taking daughter and kicking her out and trying to take the son from her now.”

I think her bouts of tantrum, choking the daughter and acting like crazy person after she failed in stabbing GTY, is just she burning in her own hell of greed, jealousy towards ML and even her own daughter, and regrets of her failure to protect the son to be used as a pawn to live in luxury like she always wanted.  

I do not know why she became ragged as she was in good shape with good clothes when GTY servants let her go and told her to go away. ^_^

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..