[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 minute ago, historicalfictionftw said:

So question, when do raws get posted the fastest or where can I watch live on my phone easily? It's almost 3am Friday where I am and I'm hoping I can plan for it and sleep after lol. 

For me, i dont watch it live but i find youtube posting raw eps fastest. Go sleep and when u wake up boom i bet it'll be upload already in youtube haha. These days i been staying up so late to see little clips and update of new eps, i just now realized how important i need my sleep. Dont want to look like a panda. Yikes.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EP40 is my favourite :lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

That adorable squabble between ML and GTY when he revealed his schemes is totally like a lovers‘ spat which had me going all giggly inside. ML is so cute leaving in her disbelief and running away just like that aaawwwww

And HAHA our favourite comedian Wang daniang finally gets to satisfy her pride and throw barbs at the once high and mighty iron lady Pinning JZ!

Even Xiaotao giving QH attitude when he comes knocking on the Sheng door is like whoa, you go girl~

4 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

forgive me, but I think someone posted before how gty feels insecure, he felt ML isn’t revealing her true self with gty but do so with qh? Is this the correct translation? If it is, how so? Gty is the one ML could let loose with other than grandma.. 

Spoiler

That's what happened in the novel. Both of them have a trust issue. For ml she has to behave obediently without showing emotion. The one time she show her emotion when she blasting qh for naming his kids with her name. She did not trust gty enough to show her emotion fearing that if she did so, she will lost the good things in her life. Like a children who has to obedient or that his toys or privelege will be taken from him. Whilst for qty the way he handle manniang when manniang try kill ml, show the lack of love to ml. He didn't punish manniang severly, but just banished her fr the house. For the drama, maybe some change will be done to this scene. 

42 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

Can you say QH will be able to do the same? If you want to judge fairly then answer that.

Of course he can't because of his personality, why don't you get it, each character represent each personality that's why each character do/react differently, QH's nature totally opposite than GTY's. Ok, I just dropped it, I know I wont be able to make you understand since I'm not good with explaining and I don't want people become hostile.

I want to say thank you to all the people who get what I meant, thank you for understand my point, happy watching :smiley:

1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

And who said if QH does it, we will criticize him? We're criticizing him because he didn't dare to do things like this for Minglan. GTY had already like Minglan when he offer to help QH, that was really selfless of him. Can you say QH will be able to do the same? If you want to judge fairly then answer that.

If GTY fell in love with ML first and ML reciprocated his feelings, then I don't see why not QH wouldn't help him. Until you're in that person's shoes, I say don't be so haste to judge.

IMO, nobody is at fault here, be it GTY or QH, just different circumstances.

Ha ha.. Uncle id cute and irritating 

Spoiler

Such a second uncle is really cute
and irritating:I heard that He Hongwen had a childhood cousin who gave me a happy night without sleeping. 
I know that your sister and Wen Yanjing have a private meeting. I am happy and didn't sleep for one night.

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4329851579222606

1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

Yes, it IS better for him to lie to his best friend than to ask CB to lie to his own family. This is for CB's sake, he rather play the bad guy role than to ask CB to do such unfilial thing for him, how is that wrong of him? Yes, it was not ok to scheme the family, but what can he do? Promise then not deliver like QH? Or go and ask grandma directly then get rejected? Or let Minglan marry He Hongwen and let her be bothered by that Cao cousin of his forever? How does that do anyone any good?

I just want to point out that Cao cousin only appear in the capital because of GTY. She and her family were exiled due to her father's mistake as an official. She was already a concubine of this military official in far away city. It was GTY who bought her freedom and helped them get out of their exile status. He is also the one who told them to go to the capital instead of going back to their hometown. He asked Shitou Sao Paung (gang) family which business is transporting goods from city to city to help transport the Cao family back to the city. That is why Cao family were able to get back to the capital in fastest possible way. If GTY did not interfere, Cao family will still be in exile and Cao cousin won't come bother Dr. He and ML. 

Wedding procession. I think it will be in tonight's episode.

https://s.weibo.com/weibo/%E7%9F%A5%E5%90%A6%E9%A2%84%E5%91%8A?topnav=1&wvr=6&b=1

47 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

That's what happened in the novel. Both of them have a trust issue. For ml she has to behave obediently without showing emotion. The one time she show her emotion when she blasting qh for naming his kids with her name. She did not trust gty enough to show her emotion fearing that if she did so, she will lost the good things in her life. Like a children who has to obedient or that his toys or privelege will be taken from him. Whilst for qty the way he handle manniang when manniang try kill ml, show the lack of love to ml. He didn't punish manniang severly, but just banished her fr the house. For the drama, maybe some change will be done to this scene. 

Hmmm interesting but judging from how GTY's feelings was portrayed in the drama, and they still go with the plot of banishing manniang after that, I thi k it's not because GTY doesn't love ming lan enough but it's because somehow this man that is so manipulative is still somehow softhearted towards manniang even though he doesn't love anyone but Ming lan.. I think GTY being angre at ming lan for not trusting him enough is just a childish argument because he felt that Ming lan doesn't really tell him everything she feels. And he just want to be the one she turns to at every corner for help, arguments and comfort.. He just wants to her upmost priority.. Very childish their love is.. And even though ming lan is also in love with him, she still wants to prepare for the bad days if he turns against her one day and that's why she doesn't want to invest in much emotional banter with GTY so that she won't be so disappointed if he betrays her, which won't happen. So I think they are just being childish and they also want to have some lover's spat since they have been too harmonized lately... Couples must have some childish and unreasonable fights to strengthen the relationship. Hahahahaj

2 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Hmmm interesting but judging from how GTY's feelings was portrayed in the drama, and they still go with the plot of banishing manniang after that, I thi k it's not because GTY doesn't love ming lan enough but it's because somehow this man that is so manipulative is still somehow softhearted towards manniang even though he doesn't love anyone but Ming lan.. I think GTY being angre at ming lan for not trusting him enough is just a childish argument because he felt that Ming lan doesn't really tell him everything she feels. And he just want to be the one she turns to at every corner for help, arguments and comfort.. He just wants to her upmost priority.. Very childish their love is.. And even though ming lan is also in love with him, she still wants to prepare for the bad days if he turns against her one day and that's why she doesn't want to invest in much emotional banter with GTY so that she won't be so disappointed if he betrays her, which won't happen. So I think they are just being childish and they also want to have some lover's spat since they have been too harmonized lately... Couples must to to strengthen the relationship. Hahahahaj

Ha ha.. Good one. 

1 minute ago, Lunkera said:

banishing MN might also be for his children sake. From the spoilers i've heard, it seems like GTY cares about his children alot more in the drama? correct me if i'm wrong please.

Oh yes that's true too. It might also be because of the children. At least even if the children are not with her, the children should also not have a father that killed their mother and I know GTY will not act the way SH did to concubine Lin since he doesn't even want her in his house at all

27 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

I just want to point out that Cao cousin only appear in the capital because of GTY. She and her family were exiled due to her father's mistake as an official. She was already a concubine of this military official in far away city. It was GTY who bought her freedom and helped them get out of their exile status. He is also the one who told them to go to the capital instead of going back to their hometown. He asked Shitou Sao Paung (gang) family which business is transporting goods from city to city to help transport the Cao family back to the city. That is why Cao family were able to get back to the capital in fastest possible way. If GTY did not interfere, Cao family will still be in exile and Cao cousin won't come bother Dr. He and ML. 

The Cao family was released from exile because of the new emperor ascended the throne. Sooner or later, they WILL come back to the capital to ask for He family's help and try to guilt He Hongwen into accepting the cousin. GTY only asked Shitou to help them get back to the capital faster than they would have if they travel by themselves. It's better for Minglan to be aware of the problem before she marry into He household, if the Cao family comes back to the capital after the wedding, Minglan won't be able to get away by then and she'll have to deal with that Cao cousin for a long time. In the novel, it did mention that He Hongwen's main wife had a hard time dealing with the clinging Cao family long after she married into He family. Minglan dodged a bullet there.

I hope that people will not say bad things about GTY when his ex come back, his step mom and bro, and the fight between him and ML. I can already see some audiences saying things like " GTY brought ML trouble " i feel like there will always be trouble and that is what keep the drama going. I just know that some people will say this and that about him when those things do happen because they all want the best for just ML. I also want the best for GTY but not just him i want it for him and ML as a family. People can go from 0 to 100 real quick. And about their fight, i hope it'll be a good reason why he/she, they misunderstand stuff but if it just lack of love and trust then ima be honest im quite disappointed because they seem to trust and love ( esp GTY ) each other already.

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

That’s what I’m curious of

Spoiler

Since drama minglan is more open and comfortable with gty than novel minglan. Unless gty ask her directly and ml refuse to answer?

Good news for non mandarin speaker! A new translator has decided to pick up the novel translation :wub:

https://m.flying-lines.com/chapter/the-legend-of-the-concubine-s-daughter-minglan/c-27-lunch-moving-and-the-imperial-examination

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

I hope that people will not say bad things about GTY when his ex come back, his step mom and bro, and the fight between him and ML. I can already see some audiences saying things like " GTY brought ML trouble " i feel like there will always be trouble and that is what keep the drama going. I just know that some people will say this and that about him when those things do happen because they all want the best for just ML. I also want the best for GTY but not just him i want it for him and ML as a family. People can go from 0 to 100 real quick. And about their fight, i hope it'll be a good reason why he/she, they misunderstand stuff but if it just lack of love and trust then ima be honest im quite disappointed because they seem to trust and love ( esp GTY ) each other already.

I have a soft spot for GTY, but in the book I  didn't agree with what he did all the time and even with what ML did.

I think they love each other , but they are vulnerable because of what they went through.  GTY was never loved, ML had her granny but she lost her mom, her father didn't care.  GTY schemed to marry her, but he knew QH was her first choice. He said he wasn't worried but who knows deep down. And ML said it already, she was scared that she could lose her good life/her happiness. I don't think at all it's going to be lack of love, but it could be fear or lack of trust, lack of communication. They need to learn how to love and how to trust,.

Spoiler

Since it's likely they keep the fire accident, ML could feel hurt by his reaction. Maybe she won't say anything, but she might change her behaviour. In the novel only in the end and after they made up, she found out he did it to protect himself and them.  I hope the keep the scene of them after making up when they tell each other everything.

And maybe her change of behaviour with her meeting QH, it's going to spark his insecurities.

I doubt they are going to make gTY or ML look bad, I hope they keep their consistency. I have doubts about QH.

Archived