[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

To me it sounds sweet.. you need to think that this is a different time, he will love ML truly so i can accept his past. 

Just think of him as a emperor or something lmfao , like in Yanxi he had many wife's but truly loved WYL ;p 

I just dont know how to feel about it. When i read that he will married someone else before Minglan, it made me feel not so okay? But people are saying he got rejected so i hope he wont have to married. I really do not know how to explain what i feel and i do not want to write the wrong wordings for it. But yea like i said, i could careless about all the women he had before Minglan. His past, i can accpect it too, everyone got some kinda thing in their past so its fine haha. When things between GTY and Minglan start to actually happens i know ima be fangirling so hard over them <3 And because i am the biggest Feng Shaofeng fan, i know he will tottally melt my heart <3

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dito said:

This show should be called 'How to play your man like a musical instrument':lol:. Literally all men in the drama are getting played by the women in their lives...mother, wife, concubine, daughter...except for ChengBai

LOL that is probably why they kept women uneducated at that time or even if they got educated, they were not allowed to take exams and government positions because the men were afraid if women were given the chance, they will rule the world 

• LOL 3

55 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

I just dont know how to feel about it. When i read that he will married someone else before Minglan, it made me feel not so okay? But people are saying he got rejected so i hope he wont have to married. I really do not know how to explain what i feel and i do not want to write the wrong wordings for it. But yea like i said, i could careless about all the women he had before Minglan. His past, i can accpect it too, everyone got some kinda thing in their past so its fine haha. When things between GTY and Minglan start to actually happens i know ima be fangirling so hard over them <3 And because i am the biggest Feng Shaofeng fan, i know he will tottally melt my heart <3

To me, I look at it like it’s equivalent to in modern times a Widower that has children in the past with an ex-girlfriend...but after all his life obstacles, he found the one true love to share his life with. Especially because he really goes against the traditions in those times when he doesn’t really have any concubines as a highly decorated general. I think someone said that even women that are gifted to him by the Prince don’t get the chance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dito said:

Yes, it wasn't because he was jealous, even ML thought it was because of that...but he tells her why he's angry with her. She had his children by then and still in all their years together she had never got angry or upset with him, never fought with him, or went against him in anything.....she was the perfect wife who followed every word of her husband. When he overheard ML getting angry with QH, he realized she still doesn't trust him or love him....her heart is still hidden away inside her just like her real self.

I was thinking the exact thing....when did she practice those awesome polo and horse riding skills. We know her mother taught her those things but where did she find the time to keep those skills sharp.:lol:

Actually minglan knows how to ride and play as grandma gets her lessons in those. She just lied to QH when she sais she didn't how to ride. The drama actually quite different from novel because in the drama the change the period to Song Dynasty where women were given more libertied whilst in the novel, women were more restricted. Thus, no polo games in the novel. 

• Like 3

It got 786 million views between December 24 – December 30, not sure if this counts all sites because some do not release figure's anymore. 

Just now, leeza77 said:

Actually minglan knows how to ride and play as grandma gets her lessons in those. She just lied to QH when she sais she didn't how to ride. The drama actually quite different from novel because in the drama the change the period to Song Dynasty where women were given more libertied whilst in the novel, women were more restricted. Thus, no polo games in the novel. 

I prefer the change's alot then.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wotad said:

It got 786 million views between December 24 – December 30, not sure if this counts all sites because some do not release figure's anymore. 

I prefer the change's alot then.

Me too. In the drama we can see the difference between QH and GTY's treatment of Minglan. QH put Minglan on a pedestal. Regarded her as a weak girl that must be protected all the time. Don't let her shine as he afraid she will having problem from her sheng family because of that. Whilst QTY encouraged and even manuevred her to express herself because he belived Minglan was a strong girl. So, GTY knew Minglan best. The same with Minglan. At the scene of imperial exam, minglan servant commented why GTY came by walking. Not grand eventhough he is the son of marquis. Minglan said, if GTY really want to show his grandeur, even the Ducal family Du(QH family) can't compare to GTY. This show that Minglan understand GTY well. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Me too. In the drama we can see the difference between QH and GTY's treatment of Minglan. QH put Minglan on a pedestal. Regarded her as a weak girl that must be protected all the time. Don't let her shine as he afraid she will having problem from her sheng family because of that. Whilst QTY encouraged and even manuevred her to express herself because he belived Minglan was a strong girl. So, GTY knew Minglan best. The same with Minglan. At the scene of imperial exam, minglan servant commented why GTY came by walking. Not grand eventhough he is the son of marquis. Minglan said, if GTY really want to show his grandeur, even the Ducal family Du(QH family) can't compare to GTY. This show that Minglan understand GTY well. 

#

Im not sure if GTY knew her best because i dont think hes really paid attention to her. I think it was mostly just a guess that maybe shes hiding her ability while GH knew about the situation.

ML comment was rather that a Marquis is power so even if a Princess wanted to stop something she really could not but maybe you are right. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

I feel the same way. I think during the polo match GTY made a comment about ML to that lady that shows his knowledge of her. GH and GTY’s different reactions to ML playing polo is just like their reactions to her taking part in the debate.  Even though he hadn’t seen ML in a long time and doesn’t really see her as a woman yet, he’s never forgotten the brave little girl who challenged him in pitch-pot or running to get the doctor for her mom.  GTY was the one who saw first hand how ML lost her mother. And ML said little things here and there about GTY that does show her understanding of GTY. It’s just not very obvious like how things are with GH. GH knows the surface of things in their family dynamics and is very naive. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been doing a lot of the things he was doing which was why his butler tried to hide a lot of things for him.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hello210 said:

That’s exactly my take from everything so far. I think during the polo match GTY made a comment about ML to that lady that shows his knowledge of her. GH and GTY’s different reactions to ML playing polo is just like their reactions to her taking part in the debate.  Even though he hadn’t seen ML in a long time and doesn’t really see her as a woman yet, he’s never forgotten the brave little girl who challenged him in pitch-pot or running to get the doctor for her mom.  GTY was the one who saw first hand how ML lost her mother. And ML said little things here and there about GTY that does show her understanding of GTY. It’s just not very obvious like how things are with GH. GH knows the surface of things in their family dynamics and is very naive. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been doing a lot of the things he was doing which was why his butler tried to hide a lot of things for him.  

Ha ha.. And his butler laughing  at him when he looked at the surprised face of QH when ml rode the horse skilfully during the polo games. He said simply "she lied to you. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I been thinking a bit not sure if im alone in this but i do think ML is sort of leading QH on a bit she knows her position yet keeps flirting with him and she made those knee pad's etc.. i think she should have stomped it out more clearly but maybe that is me. 

I suppose this was her weakness she gave into "love" a bit. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I been thinking a bit not sure if im alone in this but i do think ML is sort of leading QH on a bit she knows her position yet keeps flirting with him and she made those knee pad's etc.. i think she should have stomped it out more clearly but maybe that is me. 

I think you are right. The only defence i can think that she is still young abd flattered with the attention given by QH. Thus reciprocated a little bit. But she knew that they can't be together. That's why she gave the knee pad secretly abd denied it whwn QH asked her about it. I'm too will be flattered with QH. Such a handsome adoring man with infectious smile. B)

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ha ha.. And his butler laughing  at him when he looked at the surprised face of QH when ml rode the horse skilfully during the polo games. He said simply "she lied to you. :lol:

Ha ha...he’s lucky his butler is loyal to him and didn’t spill the beans when he was questioned by the Princess. The butler was brave to be constantly covering for him...but Princess Mama ain’t dumb since she has an idea now that her little boy likes one of the Sheng girls, just doesn’t know which one. Even her husband is scared of her...the icey look she gave the Duke in the carriage when he said the Sheng girls were pretty. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Yeah...when she made him the knee pads and snuck it into the basket, I was thinking something similar. I think she told grandma that she understands and knows it’s not possible but it’s hard. Grandma knew something was up when she was anxious about the test results. She’s young and getting all that attention from a handsome young man...definitely some infatuation there. I mean who wouldn’t fall for him and his smiles.

Saw that ZYL was in Eternal Wave with ZLY, Aaron Kwok, and Zhang Han...so they’ve worked together a little bit before.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Yeah...when she made him the knee pads and snuck it into the basket, I was thinking something similar. I think she told grandma that she understands and knows it’s not possible but it’s hard. Grandma knew something was up when she was anxious about the test results. She’s young and getting all that attention from a handsome young man...definitely some infatuation there. I mean who wouldn’t fall for him and his smiles.

Saw that ZYL was in Eternal Wave with ZLY, Aaron Kwok, and Zhang Han...so they’ve worked together a little bit before.

Yes, during that time zyl was not as popular now. He gained his popularity through Soul Town drama. And he has been debuted for 10 years. 

• Like 2

Looks like Ming Lan Wikipedia got updated with more characters and households. 

Spoiler

Is the 3rd sister that played against ML the one from Yu family? Cause Wikipedia has her listed at GTY’s first wife. I can understand why they didn’t get along if she is. She threw a tantrum at the polo match when they lost.

From the previews for 17-18, Maniang really has no shame with the way she’s acting to the women GTY is trying to propose to when I realized that was her on the floor holding onto the chair leg.

• Like 2

Spoiler

The novel and the drama will be different. From the novel, after Gty's father passed away, Gty proposed to ML's friend. But he was rejected because of his not so good reputation and manniang machination(she came to the house of ML's friend and plead not to marry Gty). Gty misunderstood and accused ML as the reason his proposal got rejected. Minglan told him the truth about manniang but he refused to believe at that time. Then, he went away, joined the army and contributed to the prince to take the throne. So, he was appointed as a general. Came back and start his machinations to win ML as his wife. During that period, he started to investigate manniang and discover the truth. 

2 hours ago, Meli Cahyadi said:

Can anyone tell me the story after GTY's father Passed away?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1