[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

All the villains come together to accuse gty.. I'm so anxious and readily to defend him despite the facts that i didn't understand what they are talking about, just the reactions of gty and the villains make me want to jump into the drama and give a good slap to each one of th villains :triumph:... Really good at pretending as victims. 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4337879229356211

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Personally, I've enjoyed the journey of TSOML, probably because I had no expectations to begin with.

Never read the book, didn't really know what to expect, didn't even know the production company is the one that produces all the great cdramas of recent years. 

I felt that I could relate to a lot of the characters, even the antagonistic ones. 

Most antagonist in the show isn't antagonistic merely because their character is so, which a lot of shows do. 

That there are something, someone, that made them that way. 

That none of the protagonists are perfect, for they too are human, flawed, and have their weaknesses. 

Just my 2 cents. 

This said it all.. I didn't hold any kind of prelude expectations be it as regards the alignment with the novel or in regards to the aspect of the production agency.. It's just a normal chines drama for me and I have been really enjoying it all the way.. There is no low quality for me here, in terms of setting or story, or plot development or characterization or romance.. This for me is a perfect drama I will definitely watch over and over again.. TSoML is that drama for me 

16 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Looking at the preview, it doesn't seem like Aunt Kang's death is the single reason for GTY's imprisonment. 

It seems more like the trigger, and everyone else just adds their accusations on top of it.

In short, it seems to have made it look like GTY misused his power and status to bully the weak and hopeless. 

With his existing reputation of rebellious, domineering, unfilial child, with horrible temper, and uncontrollable, it's not that hard to make him look like he's the biggest jerk/bully in capital with too much power in his hands. 

May not be true, but certainly plausible with his reputation. 

All accusations are piled up on gty's head. I'm agree with ml when she said the reason why she didn't write to him, about grandma poisoning was because she feared gty will face problems because of this. His reputation was not spotless. Thanks to the evil stepmom. Well, what ml's afraid of has manifested. Poor ml. 

9 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

All accusations are piled up on gty's head. I'm agree with ml when she said the reason why she didn't write to him, about grandma poisoning was because she feared gty will face problems because of this. His reputation was not spotless. Thanks to the evil stepmom. Well, what ml's afraid of has manifested. Poor ml. 

i don't understand tho. don't they have written testimonies that can prove kang and manning are evil bitchess? 

3 minutes ago, mingerling said:

i don't understand tho. don't they have written testimonies that can prove kang and manning are evil bitchess? 

They only have that but they didn't even report to the local court when the case happened, so the written testimonies are very much invalid and it looks like a lot of people came to accuse GTY for misusing power

1 minute ago, Suzzy San said:

They only have that but they didn't even report to the local court when the case happened, so the written testimonies are very much invalid and it looks like a lot of people came to accuse GTY for misusing power

oh shitttt!! my poor babiesss :bawling:

Spoiler
39 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The actor played SH commented on his wb about the scene;

48f36fd3ly8fzxnjp9xr1j20ro0ro40b.jpg

Liu Wei 

2-7 10:29 from Huawei MateRS Porsche Design

Why did the red wolf pick up the pieces? Why didn't you pick up and finally cry? What is the meaning? Everyone is coming to guess. (Answer A: The chess piece means Minglan, lost the daughter, and pushes farther and farther. B: It is revealed by the daughter, trying to control the emotion. C: It is just the reluctance of the red wolf. D: I can’t insist on the opposite, I become my own. Obstacles. E: I sigh that I am old, and I can't even get a piece of chess. F: The red wolf is too short to reach. G: The screenwriter makes you sly, and you have nothing to do.) Welcome everyone to add. @知否知否是绿肥红瘦官微[doge][doge]

Hahahahaha.

Did he reveal the answer @leeza77?

What's truly sad was that he had a few opportunities before. 

When the Momo from palace came and gave them all "the lesson", SH was aware, and he took a step forward to reconcile and reconnect with ML, only to take 3 steps back right after when something more "urgent" called for him. 

When Molan asked for CL to be moved to the temple, and ML fought tooth and nail against it, having her first outburst since the mum's death..

When she finally asked (subsequently demanded) for grandma to be given justice over her poisoning, she was at the last straw...

That slap from SH sealed it...

That he has chosen to turn a blind eye and stay muddled for reputation..

But to have ML saying it as they are, to his face, his facade, pretenses, could no longer hold, the facade fading away. 

11 minutes ago, mingerling said:

When gty met the stepmom after fire.. Gty told stepmom what you are scheming vs me, i know all.. What i'm scheming vs you.. You have no idea. So, i guess it's all gty's elaborate schemes vs those villains. Part of grand scheme to flush out all ED supporters and to end all ED's scheming vs the emperor. Just an idea. 

3 minutes ago, m0us3y said:
  Hide contents

Hahahahaha.

Did he reveal the answer @leeza77?

What's truly sad was that he had a few opportunities before. 

When the Momo from palace came and gave them all "the lesson", SH was aware, and he took a step forward to reconcile and reconnect with ML, only to take 3 steps back right after when something more "urgent" called for him. 

When Molan asked for CL to be moved to the temple, and ML fought tooth and nail against it, having her first outburst since the mum's death..

When she finally asked (subsequently demanded) for grandma to be given justice over her poisoning, she was at the last straw...

That slap from SH sealed it...

That he has chosen to turn a blind eye and stay muddled for reputation..

But to have ML saying it as they are, to his face, his facade, pretenses, could no longer hold, the facade fading away. 

Nope, he didn't. Maybe the easy answer is (g).. Ha ha. Put the blame on the scriptwriter :lol:

Oh so it seems GTY doesn't want them to talk about what aunt Kang did because of changbai's mom. ML was like he should just reveal it that chnagbai will forgive him but he said he can't that it's not only changbai, it's also about hualan and Rulan and their children altogether.. So ML then said she caused all this, GTY now said it's not about her at all. That it's the step mom's doing.. That if someone has wronged anybody, it's him for involving her in the matter. So cute.. Like ML said, they are both looking out for each other.. Please let's be well ML X GTY :bawling:

3 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Oh so it seems GTY doesn't want them to talk about what aunt Kang did because of changbai's mom. ML was like he should just reveal it that chnagbai will forgive him but he said he can't that it's not only changbai, it's also about hualan and Rulan and their children altogether.. So ML then said she caused all this, GTY now said it's not about her at all. That it's the step mom's doing.. That if someone has wronged anybody, it's him for involving her in the matter. So cute.. Like ML said, they are both looking out for each other.. Please let's be well ML X GTY :bawling:

This is all molan's fault. I can't wait to watch her retribution. Seem the husband is interested with her pretty maid. Hope the husband will discard her after knowing what she had done to his concubines and children and her part in releasing kang auntie.. Sheng will no accept her if this happens. 

37 minutes ago, minoku2209 said:

A short video on TSoML casts having fun at "Happy Camp"

How I wish Minglan was there too.

So me.. I so wish minglan was there, but our minglan is preparing for her baby now.. So I forgive her:D.. Our Ershu should hist her in what happened in the show :heart:.. Our Sheng ladies are so beautiful.. Their voice is so sweet 

3 hours ago, tinast said:

I admired SH acting. When he said that this is ML true nature. And ML replied she is a person who remembered people who did good to her

And asked him, do you remember my mother's face? Her birthday date? Her favourite color? Let's continue doing this house's matters in muddled way, why bother ask.. then ML leaved

SH cried silently.

That scenes really touched my heart

How deep he regretted his actions

He was trying to reach out for the stone piece under d table but it slid away.. prolly how he must hv felt about ML's mum at the moment (looks like he knew nothing of this late concubine)..alas now she is no longer reacheable.

2 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Looking at the preview, it doesn't seem like Aunt Kang's death is the single reason for GTY's imprisonment. 

It seems more like the trigger, and everyone else just adds their accusations on top of it.

In short, it seems to have made it look like GTY misused his power and status to bully the weak and hopeless. 

With his existing reputation of rebellious, domineering, unfilial child, with horrible temper, and uncontrollable, it's not that hard to make him look like he's the biggest jerk/bully in capital with too much power in his hands. 

May not be true, but certainly plausible with his reputation. 

I vote G here while relating to GTY situation, GTY is the chest piece that the writer made to be sly with a bad reputation. Why sly? because he made all of the hidden members and supporters of the dowager and those who are capitalizing on the their hatred of GTY to show support for the dowager come out of the woodwork. Now the red wolf and his kin will know whom they are dealing with and what means they are using. :cold_sweat:

43 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

So me.. I so wish minglan was there, but our minglan is preparing for her baby now.. So I forgive her:D.. Our Ershu should hist her in what happened in the show :heart:.. Our Sheng ladies are so beautiful.. Their voice is so sweet 

Ah yes...Sheng ladies are indeed beautiful.

Hoping someone will sub the whole show for us.

Btw i'll patiently for minglan to give birth, I'm sure her real baby with Ershu to be cute & pretty :D

22 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

Again,  SH surprised that ML isnt the same docile gentle daughter that he know is hilarious.

Have you seen the troubles your marquis son-in-law brought to ml’s life?? Murderous stepmom in law, nosy annoying aunts and uncles in laws, corrupt village officials, spies, cunning crazy baby momma, emperor power strugle with ed, people trying to shove women to her house every chance they got.. it would be a miracle if she stays the same :joy:

@nichiwoohee  I'm was wondering is it some kind of crime if there's no concubines in the house.  From the ED down to the relatives all tried to stick concubines in the house for there very own selfish reasons..

13 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Omg omg :thumbsup:.. I really applaud GTY in terms of no strings attached cruelty.. Like he got to the house and has already told shitou to set fire to stepmom son's house.. I love that.. Fire for fire.. And I agree with the wife of her son, she really doesn't care about the son's needs.. It has always been about what she wants the son to be. 

@Suzzy San  It was never about her son it's always been all about her and what she wanted.. 3rd son wants a good relationship with his brother it's just his mom won't allow him to have one with GTY.. Even he said he don;t mind having the marquis title but he's not qualified for nor have work for it like GTY did.. Evil Step Mom blew a fuse hearing him say that..

15 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@nichiwoohee  I'm was wondering is it some kind of crime if there's no concubines in the house.  From the ED down to the relatives all tried to stick concubines in the house for there very own selfish reasons..

@Suzzy San  It was never about her son it's always been all about her and what she wanted.. 3rd son wants a good relationship with his brother it's just his mom won't allow him to have one with GTY.. Even he said he don;t mind having the marquis title but he's not qualified for nor have work for it like GTY did.. Evil Step Mom blew a fuse hearing him say that..

And the wife of gtw (the third son) said:he's not a dog that u can shape according to your wishes. Bravo for the daughter in law. 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

This is all molan's fault. I can't wait to watch her retribution. Seem the husband is interested with her pretty maid. Hope the husband will discard her after knowing what she had done to his concubines and children and her part in releasing kang auntie.. Sheng will no accept her if this happens. 

At least now SH no longer care for Molan even when she tried to con him to spill what happened at the Sheng house. I thought the maid became Sixth Liang's concubine after what happened, is that the same maid that still serve Molan now? Right now  noone know who released Aunt Kang - SH thought it was Wang house, GTY thought it was his stepmom. I hope that ex-Linniang maid got caught and spill everything about Molan. But I don't know whether SH will then take any action, since it would cause him further embarrassment. But I hope the Liangs, either the mother in law, the sixth liang or his concubines would do something to Molan :angry: I believe she caused a lot of miscarriage of the concubines and possibly kill the young children too, since someone mentioned that in the Liang household there are still no kids, even those who survived the pregnancy, didn't live long.

https://youtu.be/UUHfNbOd8oQ

Can someone translate this? From what I'm seeing in their actions I think CB and Minglan are begging for GTY innocents but idk. I also want to know what Molan is saying. Is she coming to brag? I saw other spoilers of them accusing GTY and I couldn't bring myself to watch it. It literally makes me so sad. 

Archived