[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

Episode 62 can be said as Sheng Hong and DaNiang getting introduced to the real Minglan. I loved the transition of SH from slapping ML in trying to exert his authority to giving in completely to what his daughter wants. He understood that ML has checkmated him.There was no recourse except to comply.

Poor Big Madam! the understanding still remains beyond her grasp.As they say straight trees get cut first.Even without harboring malicious intent she is drawn in a sinster plot and gets punished for being manipulated.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Okay Thansk for sharing this clip @Gina Corporan Rios.

I am quite confused to QH’s reaction of GTY’s visits. Since second wife was willing to risk her life to save hubby even though there was no danger, QH will now fall in love with his wife. I guess I can now understand why the writer changed QH so much in the drama. I can be okay with it. It looks like Q will have his happy ending after all. Or I am hoping for that to happen. 

Thank you @UnniSarahI like it. Our QH has grown up, the way he looks at his very nervous wife,  it was not the look of the teenager in love but the look of a man who cared deeply for his woman. Good for him and about time!!!

I want to give a nod of appreciation to the Empress. She knew the importance of ML's words. After giving it a proper think, came up with a way out. Letting go of her ego, kneeling down while still using her status to gain pardon for her stupid brother. She knew the situation could make or break the emperor's reign. With ED waiting eagerly in the wings for the emperor to make mistakes, Empress had to be the only person who could solve this issue cleanly. 

8 minutes ago, dito said:

I want give a nod of appreciation to the Empress. She knew the importance of ML's words. After giving it a proper think, came up with a way out. Letting go of her ego, kneeling down while still using her status to gain pardon for her stupid brother. She knew the situation could make or break the emperor's reign. With ED waiting eagerly in the wings for the emperor to make mistakes, Empress had to be the only person who could solve this issue cleanly. 

She is smart. The women in these drama even the evil ones are generally smarter than men.

i wonder if the Empress is going to help ml during the downfall episodes to repay her . 

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone   

@heatherbee @linhlinh111  @dito  @nichiwoohee  @Suzzy San  @dopez @shihuangdi @matrim  @m0us3y @minglan1 @dancingbee @fra8 @mooose @leeza77  @doubleicon  @annakas @selen4ever @Serena H. @Jackie1048  @tinast  @Golden Flower @zenya22  @watchumlots  @lilkat75  @mingerling @Asgarla @   If I miss anyone   Happy New year  

giphy.gif

Yup, you missed me!  Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone :) 

42 minutes ago, fra8 said:

She is smart. The women in these drama even the evil ones are generally smarter than men.

i wonder if the Empress is going to help ml during the downfall episodes to repay her . 

I hope the empress helps them. GTY and ML have been getting her family out of one mess after another ever since they came to the capital.

But I really wish they hadn't added the downfall storyline. Its already looking quite a bit rushed with one disaster after another happening in their lives. To put it in sequence....after the poisoning is sorted out...ML goes into labor...then the fire....Kang aunt attacks and is killed....then the downfall...banging of the drum...GTY in prison...(maybe before the drum scene)....GTY gets demoted to foot soldier and goes off to fight. ED starts rebellion....ML defends Gu manor. Stepmom again tries to kill them....but her son dies instead. GTY again saves the prince and helps stop the rebellion. GTY gets his position back. GTY and ML decide to leave the capital.

I don't think 14 epis will be enough to show all this.

11 minutes ago, dito said:

I hope the empress helps them. GTY and ML have been getting her family out of one mess after another ever since they came to the capital.

But I really wish they hadn't added the downfall storyline. Its already looking quite a bit rushed with one disaster after another happening in their lives. To put it in sequence....after the poisoning is sorted out...ML goes into labor...then the fire....Kang aunt attacks and is killed....then the downfall...banging of the drum...GTY in prison...(maybe before the drum scene)....GTY gets demoted to foot soldier and goes off to fight. ED starts rebellion....ML defends Gu manor. Stepmom again tries to kill them....but her son dies instead. GTY again saves the prince and helps stop the rebellion. GTY gets his position back. GTY and ML decide to leave the capital.

I couldnt agree more . And I still would love an episode calm and happy.

It seems instead that until the end in every episode there is a huge problem sigh

11 minutes ago, dito said:

Fret not.  Let's just hope that it will be evenly paced.  I am looking forward to see ML gives birth and banging the drum part.  I like the fact that the Empress respects her enough to ask for her advice to avoid the feud that the ED was anticipating between Shen and Zhang family.  I admire the Empress is humbling herself enough for her brother thereby spoiling the "excitement" that Guifei was waiting for.  Each time I see her, I wanted to slap her.  I hope she loses favour quick and that the Emperor wisen up to where her loyalities actually lies (which is not with him).          

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

One of the best scenes in the drama, I think,  is in the ending of episode 60 when the elderly Duke of Ying carried her daughter who just gave birth and was emotionally and physically exhausted and Duchess of Ying carrying her grandchild away from General Shen and his concubine. And ML brandishing that sword. In a way she was able to do what she could not do when she was a child for her mother and brother. She was not going to let another mother and child die. 

Go Ahead, Make MY Day!!!! 

@zenya22  What I find fummy anout this scene between the concubine and her brother is first they lied and said that the Doc left after checking her pulse.. After the confrontation the brother running towards ML saying he was sick and going to die if the doctor left.. I thought these two should have gotten they lie straight was he there for her pulse or her brother health.. I gues the concubine didn't expect ML to have heart enough to hiold a sword to her head nor her playing her dead sister and the Empress role wasn;t going to fly with ML hence her brother went after her and got a dose..  I say the Lil comcubine may have always known in the back of her not to mess with ML..

2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

Episode 62 can be said as Sheng Hong and DaNiang getting introduced to the real Minglan. I loved the transition of SH from slapping ML in trying to exert his authority to giving in completely to what his daughter wants. He understood that ML has checkmated him.There was no recourse except to comply.

Poor Big Madam! the understanding still remains beyond her grasp.As they say straight trees get cut first.Even without harboring malicious intent she is drawn in a sinster plot and gets punished for being manipulated.

@minglan1  It was sad to see Big Mdm after all that's happen still couldn't weigh the pros and cons to this incident.. Even her trusted servant said she didn't like that Aunty Kang was hanging around a lot and knew it wasn't nothing good to come out of it.. It took Sh to tell her if she had to comply because ML had the noose around her neck and she still looked dumb trying to protect her sister..

38 minutes ago, dito said:

@dito  Just the way you wrote ot sounds a bit rushed I can imagine what it would be like if this is wrote in the drama alsop.. Glad ti hear he leaves the capital with titke and status still intact.. Which means he could come back anytine he likes..

Let's hope for a season 2, Showing how they children growing up and how loving GTY is towards his wife..

I remember you said he did fathered a daughter outside the marriage..Did ML bring the daughter in to be raised in the home ? 

Also do anyone have the links to episode 64 and 65 raw.. If so could you pls msgs it to me..

10 hours ago, dito said:

It was after GTY came back to help her handle the aftermath of the poisoning that ML realized that she is not alone anymore. And that like grandma, GTY will always be her rock, giving her support, protecting her. I think it was because of this realization she finally opened up to him later.

Is that when ML kisses him on the cheeks multiple times?

It's heartwarming to see that the fearful child she locked deep within is finally seeing she too has someone to rely on...and finally open up herself again...

6 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

When I mtl’d the book I was really moved by what ml said here. As a time traveller she can see how pitiful grandma really is, that “you still have me” is really sad, because in that house they do only have each other

In the drama, even without the time travel element, grandma still really has no one that's related by 'flesh and blood'...

It's really nice to see regardless of the flesh and blood, she is ML's pillar of strength, her mentor, her everything..

That sometimes, 'flesh and blood' really don't amount to as much as love and care. 

Because, even with ML's flesh and blood connection with Sheng, she still really has no one but grandma to protect her...

Perhaps that's also how ML learned to love Rong'er as her own even if she's not her biological child...

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@minglan1  It was sad to see Big Mdm after all that's happen still couldn't weigh the pros and cons to this incident.. Even her trusted servant said she didn't like that Aunty Kang was hanging around a lot and knew it wasn't nothing good to come out of it.. It took Sh to tell her if she had to comply because ML had the noose around her neck and she still looked dumb trying to protect her sister..

Indeed was sad to see her that way.She found it so hard to believe her own sibling could betray her so mercilessly. She had strong faith in her blood ties so ignored everyone's warning of not associating with her elder sister.The actress who played big madam was very good in emoting the scenes.

2 hours ago, dito said:

I was wondering if ED used her tricks to implicate GTY in Aunt Kang's death by creating ruckus in the court.It would leave the emperor no choice other  than  imprison and then get him out by demotion.

2 hours ago, dito said:

That`s indeed a lot for 14 eps to cover but I think they will cover them.In the mv trailer most of these shown in it.So the upcoming eps going to to be so great cuz after the poisoning is sorted out .Ml heart will finally open towards GTY.when she gives birth.it shows that she totally changed towards GTY.so i think it worth the waiting for it.Can`t wait to see jealousy ML:lol:.

Also i think that the prison eps will show how ML cares and tries her best to help GTY.Hope that the two of them will be done sorting their feeling for each other to make each of them have the trust they want in their partner.especially ML.there`s a lot of things that will happened that will change her heart.

And the most awaiting part is the fall of that stupid stepmother:angry:

6 hours ago, dito said:

Lin niang was sent away to a farmstead I think. She was brought back later. But before she was brought back Daniang made her loose her looks. I don't remember reading this but I read a spoiler that said Daniang ordered the servants to starve her for few days and then feed her lard day and night.....so that she becomes fat.  

Spoiler

CL was locked in a small room of a farmstead and was given nothing to eat except for three bowls of rice mixed with pork fat. She had no choice but to eat it and in half a year she became fat and lost her beauty. The insidious idea was from Aunt Kang, not Big Madam. This part is told in one of the epilogues, about the wife of Chang Dong (SH's youngest son, cut in the drama).

4 hours ago, dito said:

I don't like the downfall plot either but somehow understand the intention behind it. Drama ML is a stronger and more independent character compared with novel counterpart. To show this the drama has to make some changes in power dynamics between GTY and ML. From the beginning of their marriage GTY has been the protector and the stronger one, but after his downfall it's the other way around. ML is the protector and his savior now. The dramatic change of position can force them to reveal their inner self, to deepen their mutual understanding and acts as a catalyst, to speed up their love towards each other.

34 minutes ago, matrim said:

I don't like the downfall plot either but somehow understand the intention behind it. Drama ML is a stronger and more independent character compared with novel counterpart. To show this the drama has to make some changes in power dynamics between GTY and ML. From the beginning of their marriage GTY has been the protector and the stronger one, but after his downfall it's the other way around. ML is the protector and his savior now. The dramatic change of position can force them to reveal their inner self, to deepen their mutual understanding and acts as a catalyst, to speed up their love towards each other.

I agree. I understand it but honestly I don't like it because there is proof that she tried to kill Minglan since I am sure there are other witnesses so the fact he goes to jail for killing her when she tried to kill his wife is honestly sooo annoying. What was he supposed to do? Stand by and watch? But I could be wrong. Maybe he gets imprisoned for something else. Wow stepmom is going to be over the moon happy. Does his title get taken away as well? 

23 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

I agree. I understand it but honestly I don't like it because there is proof that she tried to kill Minglan since I am sure there are other witnesses so the fact he goes to jail for killing her when she tried to kill his wife is honestly sooo annoying. What was he supposed to do? Stand by and watch? But I could be wrong. Maybe he gets imprisoned for something else. Wow stepmom is going to be over the moon happy. Does his title get taken away as well? 

I don't think that he was jailed because killing auntie kang. ED was not that muddled. 

On 2/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, frenchfan said:

Well lots of happenings.  You have to watch the episodes to catch up dear :kiss_wink:  On top of Auntie Kang and evil stepmom, now we have the power hungry Empress Dowager, her spy (and niece) who is the royal consort to the current emperor who started to show their true colours.  General Shen's concubine (late wife's sister) tried to stop the royal doctor from assisting the birth and ML has to weild a sword to get him from the concubine's house........to the Empress asking for royal pardon from the emperor for her brother, General Shen (actually this was ML's idea) thereby thwarting the ED's plan.  Lots of stuff unfolding.....and the evil stepmom is losing her cool now that ML is pregnant.  

I meant like spoilers i have missed but just looked and finally the Kang BISH is getting what she deserve's. 

10 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I meant like spoilers i have missed but just looked and finally the Kang BISH is getting what she deserve's. 

Empress didn't asked for royal pardon her brother, instead she asked for punishment from emperor because of her failure to control her family resulted to near death of madam zhou. Ml idea was as a superior you must give an example for your subject and took responsibility for any wrong committed (by your family) 

Archived