[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Of course she would...

Expect nothing less from her....

Another privileged one who's born entitled, and spoiled..hence everything is everyone else's fault. 

But I do wonder what happened to her troop that GTY left for her. How did that crazy woman got that close to her with the whole troop protecting her??

I'd be interested to see what GTY would do to her for causing his wife the grief and mental breakdown...

Having said that, I do enjoy watching the actress playing Aunt Kang tho...at least over GTY's two faced stepmom. 

At least she's more animated...her expression and reaction when Chang Momo tore into her playing the elderly card was priceless! 

The women actors in the drama are very good.They make you loathe and love them with sincerity.

I am also waiting for GTY to be back and take everyone to task for troubling his precious wife. To bother ML was supposed to be his job and no one else.

To add I like evil stepmom and ED.Their villainy is so varied that it makes the show enjoyable.The comic elements that are added to their scenes now and then helps not to make it to heavy.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hello210 said:

That’s the problem. The Emperor and Empress asking for lighter punishment but ED’s people personally exacting the punishment could cause issues between the royal family and Duke of Ying, more political turmoil to benefit the ED. The Emperor and Empress and the Shens need to see beyond the guilt they feel towards the Zou family to the bigger picture and put some distance between themselves and the concubine’s family. Especially General Shen since they brought harm to both of his children and current wife as well as put him in a very bad position in court.

@hello210  Wrong is Wrong. The Empress shouldn't have even involved the Emperor knowing that the ED will use whatever is in her means to get what she want.. If someone did her child this way she would probably want there head since she's in a position to take it and no one could stop her she's within her bounds.. Now knowing all the stuff she has heard about how the concubine behaves overstepping her bounds she should have check her then and put her on her place.. Letting the Bray knows just what she's not going to tolarate regardless of the past.. The Brat needs to be strip of her status and kick out of the Gnrl home period if they not going to take her life.. If she gets away with it this time she'll try it again.. She should also be punish for jeapordizing a heavy pregnant Gnrl wife  (ML) all because she can come and save her and the child.. I tell you ML had become benefactors to a lot these people saving them from unwanted marriages to justice.. At this rate I think she may even go head to head with the Ed and the concubine..  Now this would be very intersting..

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Aunty Kang is a devil!! :angry: Demon! She's just utterly evil! 

Reveal hidden contents

Just watched EP 59 raw, ML's so called couz, Zhao'er, from Aunt Kang...

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but it seems that Zhao'er is on suicide mission....

Either she dies, or her biological mom and siblings will die....

Can't believe this...

Thank god for Granny to rescue! :wub:

For once ML was truly cornered. 

Loved the 3 maid servants that's fiercely loyal to her yet know when she's out of her depth and needs help...

Even if I couldn't fully understand the conversation, we can see from ML's expression and reaction that even she didn't see that coming. 

That ruthless. That vicious. 

I really like that ML took her time to regain her composure, keep her calm before she decides on what to do though. 

Shows that she really doesn't make any rash decisions which she could regret later. 

That truly is her strength. 

I can't wait for the next few episodes now when she goes on offensive. 

She's been on defensive since she married GTY, and although she's done really well, time to flex some muscle and go offensive. 

Lets see if Aunt Kang would still be so arrogant now...:angry:

@m0us3y  If I'm not mistaking things should get some what better GTY was supposed to come back after hearing about Granny.. If this is so then I hope he checks Big Mdm and the 4th and 5th house because they still living off him and none of them are doing anything to protect his wife.. I stil think he should breakup these houses and let them fend for themselves.. They all been haven't it to easy to long..

49 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Time for Aunt Kang to rot in prison sans any privileges for life.It would be the best punishment for her.DaNiang also needs to be punished for causing harm to granny being foolish is no excuse.

@minglan1  I agree DaNiang should also be punished.. She knows right from wrong.. She had been warned once before by Granny to tell her sister not to go around messing with ML.. Now she was all bent out of shape because Granny check her about her sister who she thinks has the right to do whatever and all is well, DaNiang didn't care as long as Aunt wasn't taking the concubines to her kids house she could careless and SH feels the same way as long as Aunt Kang wasn't brothering Molan..  The face saver was really willing to overlook it.. I see why GTY came back because he knows SH character all to well wanting to save his rep.What Rep.  I tell you SH gets the worst father of the year award from me..

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Yes, i admire the writer to be able to come with witty dialogue that full of wisdom. Worth pondering and thinking over. Especially grandma and ml dialogues. 

@leeza77  As far as dialogue nobody beats GTY and MoMo as of now..

Right before GTY married ML, He told his brother Pretentious display of proper etiqutte should be done.. Wow:w00t::w00t: In others worfs GTY told him I'll pretend to give you props but you know I don't give a F..

I thought about something doing that scene why Big Mdm didn't want him to make his marriage extravagant.. The smaller the wedding the more she could issue out those invitations to find her muse to do her bidding.. 

2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

The women actors in the drama are very good.They make you loathe and love them with sincerity.

I am also waiting for GTY to be back and take everyone to task for troubling his precious wife. To bother ML was supposed to be his job and no one else.

@minglan1  No you didn't go there, Thanks got my laugh for tonight:w00t: MoMo the 2nd

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

Based on the many hints of the drama given online, the ending for Auntie Kang will be that she is sent to a penal workforce, Big Madam Wang will be sent to a temple to repent never to return unless permitted and Stepmother goes mad.

@Jackie1048 I could see step mom going crazy.. Big Mdm has never had anyone to challenge her authourity.. She didn't expect this small young girl would make her wreck her brain the way she has.. All the opponets she has sent ML way have all went running with they tail tuck between there legs..   After ML knocks Auntie Kang out of the equation Big Mdm has no more cards to play but to just go all out for the kill burn the whole darn house down with them all in it and in return she kill her own son.. So yes this would run her crazy because it's no way she can get her son the title not even her G/kids can inherit it..  They didn't have nut houses then I don't think.. She'll probably end up in a temple also.. I think they should send the 4th house Mdm with her she slow anyway even her husband seems a little mentally challenged.. 

45 minutes ago, minglan1 said:
1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Dunno whether this clip has been posted before.. Wow, the bratty zhou concubine got slapped by eunuch. For me not enough for her crime. 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4335407647635633

The enunch looked so frail I was worried that he would faint from the exhaustion of slapping the concubine.

What crack me up is when she tried to play like she fainted and threw her head back.. The Eunich was like bring the face back here..

2 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@minglan1  No you didn't go there, Thanks got my laugh for tonight:w00t: MoMo the 2nd

@Jackie1048 I could see step mom going crazy.. Big Mdm has never had anyone to challenge her authourity.. She didn't expect this small young girl would make her wreck her brain the way she has.. All the opponets she has sent ML way have all went running with they tail tuck between there legs..   After ML knocks Auntie Kang out of the equation Big Mdm has no more cards to play but to just go all out for the kill burn the whole darn house down with them all in it and in return she kill her own son.. So yes this would run her crazy because it's no way she can get her son the title not even her G/kids can inherit it..  They didn't have nut houses then I don't think.. She'll probably end up in a temple also.. I think they should send the 4th house Mdm with her she slow anyway even her husband seems a little mentally challenged.. 

What crack me up is when she tried to play like she fainted and threw her head back.. The Eunich was like bring the face back here..

@Jackie1048 i think stepmom's brain is overworked in finding the solution to beat ml&gty. Thus fried a few circuit resulting to madness. It's not easy to be a villain. :joy:

I believe the punishment is 50 slaps. I worried more for the Eunuch's hand. He is not doing a good job as the Concubine can still protest at every slap.

I believe the evil in women here is the result of the position they are in. Stepmother was married literally to look after the old Marquis children and his love went away together with her dead sister. I think her change over was when she heard the old Marquis praying to meet his first wife in the next life. She had no standing in that family so her life will be seen in vain if she did not scheme for power.

I was always wondering how women can become unbearable psychos like Maniang, Big Madam, and Aunty Kang. I still don't understand Maniang (maybe she's a natural psycho lol) but think I can sympathize a little bit with Big Madam and Aunty Kang here. Failure to receive care and love from their husband obviously contributes greatly to their psycho characteristics and directly influences their "everyone has wronged me" view. But this definitely shouldn't be the excuse for them to project their unhappiness to everyone around them. It's just so wrong and so... pathetic.

The actress who plays Big Madam did her role great justice in the raining scene at the worshipping room. I can feel her bitterness, disillusionment, dispair and discontent with her marriage. I mean she's definitely to blame for her wicked business, she shouldn't bottle up her emotions for all those year, put on the fake virtuous mask and eventually turn herself into a monster. But I can't help wonder whether we would have been like her if we were in her shoes. Maybe this is why I feel her evilness is more "reasonable" compared to that of Aunt Kang who hates just anyone because they won't let her have her way.

36 minutes ago, purplefall94 said:

I was always wondering how women can become unbearable psychos like Maniang, Big Madam, and Aunty Kang. I still don't understand Maniang (maybe she's a natural psycho lol) but think I can sympathize a little bit with Big Madam and Aunty Kang here. Failure to receive care and love from their husband obviously contributes greatly to their psycho characteristics and directly influences their "everyone has wronged me" view. But this definitely shouldn't be the excuse for them to project their unhappiness to everyone around them. It's just so wrong and so... pathetic.

The actress who plays Big Madam did her role great justice in the raining scene at the worshipping room. I can feel her bitterness, disillusionment, dispair and discontent with her marriage. I mean she's definitely to blame for her wicked business, she shouldn't bottle up her emotions for all those year, put on the fake virtuous mask and eventually turn herself into a monster. But I can't help wonder whether we would have been like her if we were in her shoes. Maybe this is why I feel her evilness is more "reasonable" compared to that of Aunt Kang who hates just anyone because they won't let her have her way.

...I can sympathize a little bit with Big Madam and Aunty Kang here...

GTY is an orphan he shld have been treated with care and respect. Her family clans are also enjoying benefits from assets left behind by GTY's late mum.

They made GTY their scapegoat and put all sorts of blame to keep the father away from GTY. Now scheming non-stop to break ML/GTY.

There should be no room for any compassion wth these wicked people.

5 hours ago, leeza77 said:

My guess is she get help from stepmom.. The ordinary soldier are no match for stepmom craftiness. 

Yeah stepmom always steps up her game to cause trouble for GTY and ML. She set fire to GTY's house while ML was in the middle of delivering her baby....which caused panic among the servants and the guards and gave stepmom an opening to send someone to attack ML and the baby.

5 hours ago, minglan1 said:

To add I like evil stepmom and ED.Their villainy is so varied that it makes the show enjoyable.The comic elements that are added to their scenes now and then helps not to make it to heavy.

Watching this drama made me go through a lot of emotions : this shows that all the actors and actresses are TALENTED.  They played their role so well that we either love, pity, feel sad for them or hates them. Whoever the director is, bravo!  You made the right choice to choose the actors and actresses for the respective roles.  I read that ZLY was chosen as main actress right from the word go but for the male lead, it took them a while.  They had so many choice to choose from.  FSF managed to carry this role well as he gives you the strong male impression.  Plus he is mature for this role like the writer would have wanted. Bravo to the wole casts!   

38 minutes ago, dito said:

Yeah stepmom always steps up her game to cause trouble for GTY and ML. She set fire to GTY's house while ML was in the middle of delivering her baby....which caused panic among the servants and the guards and gave stepmom an opening to send someone to attack ML and the baby.

Let me slap her!!!!!!!  Such an evil woman.  Going lunatic is too easy for her!

4 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I believe the punishment is 50 slaps. I worried more for the Eunuch's hand. He is not doing a good job as the Concubine can still protest at every slap.

I believe the evil in women here is the result of the position they are in. Stepmother was married literally to look after the old Marquis children and his love went away together with her dead sister. I think her change over was when she heard the old Marquis praying to meet his first wife in the next life. She had no standing in that family so her life will be seen in vain if she did not scheme for power.

Is this in episode 59? I'm glad we get back story to the stepmother (Lady Qin?) because I couldn't exactly understand why she was so insistent on harming GTY. 

6 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

4 hours ago, purplefall94 said:

@Jackie1048 & @purplefall94   I had often wonder why would they marry sisters into the same family.. Clearly at that time the GU house was broke.. Was Evil step Mom sent there for her sister child..? The Gu house was on bad terms with the courts wouldn't it have been better if Big Mdm was married off into a different famiy of status and wealth.. Most marriage then was for alliences to form more wealth and power.. Did Big Mdm not know marrying into the Gu house which child hold all the wealth..

In my opinion her evilness stemed from her on making.. She went there with a plan to kill all the marquis children leaving her child the only one left.. @purplefall94  Big Mdm didn't just turn evil she was evil from the start, As @Jackie1048 Explain it above seeing the marquis still loving his first wife whom it was someone she couldn't beat nor challenge to fight for the man she wanted because she couldn't win over the dead.. So she learned to pit the two children against each other, Have the father to hate one of his sons while she sit back and reap the fruits of her labor..     

When it comes to Mannining..  She not a psycho she's just and evil schemer like Big Mdm.. Mannnining Evil comes from her own plans not coming into fruitation.. So yes her and Big Mdm would like to destroy everything if they can't have what they want.. Aunt Kang on the other hand just hates a Shu daughter living well off then her.. If she had any inking that Molan was more richer then Minglan she would have been in her home trying to set up shop..But I'm sure she did her homework on all the Sheng girls husbands and found MIng Lan was the one to go after..  

3 hours ago, dito said:

@dito  Where was GTY when all of this took place.?  Did all this happen when he was in prison on the ED trump up charges..

10 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

At last, a family who would risk everything for their daughter, and not use her as a commodity. 

The state uncle is guilty of favoring the concubine, neglecting the wife, leave his bum richard simmons

@nichiwoohee  I enjoyed watching that scene also, The concubine is bold enough to try and kill off the kid.. Now with everyone knowing her evil plan it would be hard to marry her off.. 

10 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Agree.. sometimes wonder how these script writers can come up with such precise wordings! Such creative minds.

I also agree that this was a brilliant scene and dialogue. The acting of all the characters in that scene was great and believable.  I especially like the part where Aunt Kang tripped and fell! 

3 hours ago, frenchfan said:

Let me slap her!!!!!!!  Such an evil woman.  Going lunatic is too easy for her!

She got much condemnation after the fire. People started questioning her pure and innocent act. GTY being the smart cookie he is, is also someone who likes to hold grudges. When he saw his house on fire....he rushed in to save ML. After everything was under control he went and set fire to stepmom son's house....as retaliation. No one was hurt but the next day when the news about the fire was spreading ...another rumor started that said it was the stepmom who started the fire and to deflect suspicion from herself she burned her own son's house. It was then people started putting things together about stepmom's action....concubines, rumors of ML's bad attitude, GTY's bad reputation  were actually underhanded ways to harm GTY and ML.

GTY went to court the next day with little burns and bruises on his face and hands and asked the emperor permission to official divide the house of Gu.....stepmom, her son, the uncles and aunts...everyone got kicked out of the Gu manor....and were given some part of the Gu property to live on. GTY and ML moved in the manor after renovating it. 

The reason stepmom went crazy was she lost everyone dear to her...her son, her grand children and it was because of her own actions. And the marquis title that she had worked so hard to get for her son was completely out of her hands after her son died and ML gave birth to another son.

19 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@dito  Where was GTY when all of this took place.?  Did all this happen when he was in prison on the ED trump up charges..

He was on his salt mines investigation trip.....the one he is on right now. ED fake charges are all newly written for the drama it was not in the book.

Archived