[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

56 minutes ago, Nisda said:

Read all the comments to my earlier post 

William Feng cannot act, not only this drama but others too,,,, 

Ice fantasy for example,,, i guess he just a lucky guy being famous and always gets main role but comparing to other lead star he just so so. As GTY in ming lan, his emotion whether angry sad or happy always like B rating, nothing special to caption attention

I am a fan of chinese drama so i have seen many dramas 

He is not just a lucky guy like u said. He worked hard to be getting main roles and to be where he is today. Most actors and actress work hard to be where they are. So you saying he's just lucky is discrediting his hard work. You're canceled.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is indeed sad that General Shen lost his first wife because the assasins stormed into their home and mistaken thought that lady was the current Empress and beheaded her.

So they wanted to repay that "debt" by having General Shen marry the younger sister so that the Zhou family can enjoy the privileges. Understand the reign of thoughts but they had conferred the Duke of Ying's daughter to marry General Shen for political alliances.

That is why Ming Lan had commented that General Shen household is in discord because of taking a concubine by royal decree when Empress Dowager tried to push out her maids to Ming Lan.

I just loved Nanny Zhang "cursing" at Auntie Kang and she felt flat on her face exactly like Big Madam Wang.

12 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

He is not just a lucky guy like u said. He worked hard to be getting main roles and to be where he is today. Most actors and actress work hard to be where they are. So you saying he's just lucky is discrediting his hard work. You're canceled.

He won awards for his acting.. I don't think that the organizers were so blind to give him awards if he is untalented. 

1 hour ago, Nisda said:

Read all the comments to my earlier post 

William Feng cannot act, not only this drama but others too,,,, 

Ice fantasy for example,,, i guess he just a lucky guy being famous and always gets main role but comparing to other lead star he just so so. As GTY in ming lan, his emotion whether angry sad or happy always like B rating, nothing special to caption attention

I am a fan of chinese drama so i have seen many dramas 

I disagree. I think Feng Shao Feng is an excellent actor and he has portrayed an excellent GTY. What you have said is very offensive to his fans here. FSF has won mainstream acting awards. Daylight is known for casting good actors and focusing on the production. I don’t think daylight will cast him if he’s as bad as what you said. 

I am so happy that Zhang momo gave a piece of her mind to Auntie Kang (who is a great actress btw)! :star: She was on point with her insults! I don't really understand what's going on between the royal family members, so I just been skipping that discussion lol. I do appreciate that all of the veteran actresses are wonderful in their various roles. For me, this show is being carried by the ladies. 

32 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

I am so happy that Zhang momo gave a piece of her mind to Auntie Kang (who is a great actress btw)! :star: She was on point with her insults! I don't really understand what's going on between the royal family members, so I just been skipping that discussion lol. I do appreciate that all of the veteran actresses are wonderful in their various roles. For me, this show is being carried by the ladies. 

Yep. Most of the best/engaging characters in this show are the women. Its definitely more female-centric then most dramas I've watched & that's what I like. I love the female relationship/friendship & interaction. Even the most villainous characters I love to hate/irks me(in a good way)are women.

Gu Ting Ye has been after his wife to openly show her emotions and not curb them to be reasonable and pleasing.

When ML is slowly trying to be comfortable with doing what he wants pat comes the suggestion to lie low and avoid trouble makers.

He only wants her to be the ferocious when he is around to balance the aftereffects.I guess he has an inkling of how rutheless she can be if people rub her the wrong way beyond a point.

18 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Gu Ting Ye has been after his wife to openly show her emotions and not curb them to be reasonable and pleasing.

When ML is slowly trying to be comfortable with doing what he wants pat comes the suggestion to lie low and avoid trouble makers.

He only wants her to be the ferocious when he is around to balance the aftereffects.I guess he has an inkling of how rutheless she can be if people rub her the wrong way beyond a point.

How happy he was when ml showed jealousy and praised her for being unvirtous wife. :lol:

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

But we can also see it in a different way that if not for the Emperor, Prince Huan, GTY and his army, there would be no dowager trying to take the rule of the country from the emperor and if she did not force herself to meddle in politics wanting to rule and make the emperor her puppet the issue of the emperor wanting to honor his bio father as his legitimate father would not have been used by the emperor to force the ED to give up her role as the behind the screen ruler.

SO true! Even if the Emperor got to be Emperor because of a decree than that should be that. His ties to the last Emperor and ED end there. BUT to say that he shouldn't acknowledge the man who is biologically his father...who raised him... and I believe at this point in the series- the man the Emperor also buried- it's just outrageous if people believe that the NOW Emperor should give his deceased father who nurtured and cared for him since DAY 1 the title of Royal Uncle! Give that to the dead Emperor. It's not like the new emperor went looking to be Emperor. He even tried to avoid and deny that he had anything to do with the RoYALTIES!

I believe Gu Ting Ye wants Ming Lan to blossom to her full potential without restrictions under his roof but Ming Lan had a cultivate a full wall of defense living in the Sheng household.

So I can understand his frustration but he is so cute with all the cheesy stuff.

So funny when Sitou told him that Xiaotou is not talking to him due to the cold war between Gu Ting Ye and Ming Lan, Gu Ying Ye asked whether Sitou blamed him too.

Can't wait for Ming Lan to be on warrior mode again when she help General Shen's principal wife.

Mo Mo went off the chain this episode.. 

First she called Old Big Mdms side kick 

And old richard simmons:wub::w00t:

Then she went on to tackle the two

blackhearted withches at the house.

Fuming Mad:rage:

MoMo read Aunt Kang (dog face as she called her ) :w00t:

She says Old Granny nor Big Mdm is coming there why is 

she there.. What are you two schemeing.

The Kang house is a long way away from the Gu house why are 

you coming 2 and 3 times a week.:w00t:

Told her this house already have one Big Mdm who do

she thinks she is to come there and act like she's the boss.:w00t:

Then told Aunt Kang she's not worth the weight of two tales

if something happens to the baby can she pay for it :w00t:

Aunt Kang has never been so disrespected in all the days 

of her life:w00t: She called for the servants to take Mo Mo 

out and cane her 20 times..:huh: Mo Mo was like wait a minute

Mo Mo This isn't the Kang house this is the Gu house, All the assets in this 

house belongs to Erlang.. 

Mo Mo talk Mucho Sht And Wasn't Backing Down..

Mo Mo called them the blackhearted witches told them something bad is going to happen to them..

Aunt Kang got up like big sht she's going to teach Mo Mo a good lesson only to fall flat on her face.. :w00t:

Now Big Mdm should take that as a sign stop trying to run ML house and stay out of there business.. Trying to offer a pregnant women a glass of wine is ridiculous.. 

I do forsee the fires scene happening here.. Big Mdm knows all her hard work is in vain if she can;t stop ML from giving birth and killing GTY. 

13 minutes ago, shem1 said:

SO true! Even if the Emperor got to be Emperor because of a decree than that should be that. His ties to the last Emperor and ED end there. BUT to say that he shouldn't acknowledge the man who is biologically his father...who raised him... and I believe at this point in the series- the man the Emperor also buried- it's just outrageous if people believe that the NOW Emperor should give his deceased father who nurtured and cared for him since DAY 1 the title of Royal Uncle! Give that to the dead Emperor. It's not like the new emperor went looking to be Emperor. He even tried to avoid and deny that he had anything to do with the RoYALTIES!

@shem1 My point exactly, The Old Emperor choose him because of all the corruption he let take place in his regin.. He knew the Ed was also corrupt and wanted and Emperor there who was fair and just.. He didn't say I'll maje you Emperor if you'll be my adopted son and not recognizes you biological father.. That didn't matter to him since his nephew was from the same bloodline..

The Ed was also in on the rebellion , She could be the cause of why it started since the King didn't grant her favorite to be his successor.. He may have told her his intentions and by the current Emperor not living in the capital she really didn't know if she can use him as her puppet.. Now her game is to get all the smart ones away from the emperor so she can rule from her domain..

I think after GTy is framed and it's going to ML and the two girls that proves his innocents with those old accounting books may get her flunkies in trouble like QH.. It would serve her right if she ends up loosing all her supporters in court..

15 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Mo Mo went off the chain this episode.. 

First she called Old Big Mdms side kick 

And old richard simmons:wub::w00t:

Then she went on to tackle the two

blackhearted withches at the house.

Fuming Mad:rage:

MoMo read Aunt Kang (dog face as she called her ) :w00t:

She says Old Granny nor Big Mdm is coming there why is 

she there.. What are you two schemeing.

The Kang house is a long way away from the Gu house why are 

you coming 2 and 3 times a week.:w00t:

Told her this house already have one Big Mdm who do

she thinks she is to come there and act like she's the boss.:w00t:

Then told Aunt Kang she's not worth the weight of two tales

if something happens to the baby can she pay for it :w00t:

Aunt Kang has never been so disrespected in all the days 

of her life:w00t: She called for the servants to take Mo Mo 

out and cane her 20 times..:huh: Mo Mo was like wait a minute

Mo Mo This isn't the Kang house this is the Gu house, All the assets in this 

house belongs to Erlang.. 

Mo Mo talk Mucho Sht And Wasn't Backing Down..

Mo Mo called them the blackhearted witches told them something bad is going to happen to them..

Aunt Kang got up like big sht she's going to teach Mo Mo a good lesson only to fall flat on her face.. :w00t:

Now Big Mdm should take that as a sign stop trying to run ML house and stay out of there business.. Trying to offer a pregnant women a glass of wine is ridiculous.. 

I do forsee the fires scene happening here.. Big Mdm knows all her hard work is in vain if she can;t stop ML from giving birth and killing GTY. 

Momo reading the riot act to the two villains was the best scene.I couldn't  stop laughing.The look on stepmom's  face when aunt Kang fell was priceless.

4 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Momo reading the riot act to the two villains was the best scene.I couldn't  stop laughing.The look on stepmom's  face when aunt Kang fell was priceless.

@minglan1 I almost teed my pants when she told Aunt Kang she wasn't wirth the weight of two tales..

That scene was hilarious..

What I don't get is why Big Mdm side kick choose to come there to nurse ML knowing she's there to kill that baby and GTY will kill her and Big Mdm and her son if he finds out any of then was around.

17 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@minglan1 I almost teed my pants when she told Aunt Kang she wasn't wirth the weight of two tales..

That scene was hilarious..

What I don't get is why Big Mdm side kick choose to come there to nurse ML knowing she's there to kill that baby and GTY will kill her and Big Mdm and her son if he finds out any of then was around.

There was a preview where it looked like she was confessing about the reason she came.We might see it in the next episode.

Question: Did ML plan to not tell GTY that she was pregnant.. It seems she's been keeping it from him.. I know she's scared of Big Mdm finding out and trying to harm her but I think she knew for a while before he found out.. This scene is baffiling to me

1 minute ago, sava2sava said:

Question: Did ML plan to not tell GTY that she was pregnant.. It seems she's been keeping it from him.. I know she's scared of Big Mdm finding out and trying to harm her but I think she knew for a while before he found out.. This scene is baffiling to me

She's already told him in ep 58. Gty's expression was shock silly and guffaw happily. Keep on twirling ml and anxiously asked whether she's hungry.. 

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=2304444335157017274814&url_type=39&object_type=video&pos=1&luicode=10000011&lfid=100808eaeae8a326e03f146684f616d6db3ce7_-_feed&featurecode=10000326

Archived