[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

34 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Eh this isnt something you can just get over his entire life has not been easy at all these are very deep wounds  he has. 

He  still suffering  as well it has not stop.

Of course not, he has to put an effort to understanding that the problem lies within just like CB said, clean your house within. It is not going to go away and will suffer all his life if he can't face his deep insecurities. He has come to a point where he is getting a bit clingy. Ming Lan is aware of herself and she tries to cope as best as she can and as the drama progresses she is becoming more and more self assured while it seems in my pov, to be more and more childish and clingy...ish. I wanted to see romance not this push/pull moping by GTY. Where was the self assured GTY who schemed to marry her? I hope the writers bring him back. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@sava2savaI want to  see it portrayed how she is living in hell is what I meant. I want to know if the drama shows how she is treated and how she is suffering, if her messing with her husband's concubine's pregnancies will be found out, if she gets punished along with all the baddies. 

Anyhow I am getting tired of GTY's sulking and continuos moping. He has got deep insecurity and abandonment issues but like any other person, those are his issues that only he can resolve and no one else. It is understandable that he feels that way because of how he grew up and the women who had hurt him in his life. But like CB said, he needs to solve his problems within himself. Even counselors and mental professionals can only help see what the problem is but the resolution still depends on the efforts of the person himself. I don't know what he wants from Minglan. She is his wife and lover and she had shown him in many ways how deeply she cares about him but is not enough for him. I think that even if she did say what he wanted to hear, he would not be satisfied because the solution is not in ML, it is in himself. 

@zenya22  From my understanding you'll have to read the book, It do mention somethings that goes on with her.. But the story is told from Ml point of view so Molan its' not centered around whats going on in Ming Lan life after they have married..

As for GTY all he wants to hear is his wife tells him that she loves him. That all her saying a lil love for him.. Nothing more nothing less.. Can the Man Get And I love You..:heart:: wub:

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I actually dont find FSF handsome, although he isnt bad looking either, but the thing about FSF as TY is he HAS this physicality/strut & daunting energy in the way he carries himself that really entranced me w/TY's character, which also makes him as all more attractive/alluring onscreen.  It also helps that TY's characterization is far superior than QH in everyway. ZYL is doing a decent job as QH w/what he's given with but he definitely would not fit as TY.

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

He's such a simpleton, which irks me because he has nothing to gain from what's going to unfold in the current political tension. To me, I see it as QH being petty towards TY like before. He doesnt try to understand why TY & majesty is doing/going up against Dowager. Dowager is an awful liar.

@greenwatch08  Your so right about QH he may look alright but his looks wouldn't help him pull off the role of GTY.. I don't find him masculine enough like FSF..   

Another reason QH is siding with the ED because of his mother not looking at following the ED can get him mom and pop in trouble.. When he gets in the hot seat which he will the ED will drop him and his family like they don't exsits.. She'll forget all about the connection they have if it's to keep her in power..

1 hour ago, minglan1 said:

They have kept the granny poisoning plot.Yay!! We get to see no holds barred ML.Much needed for SH.How could he sacrifice old madam?He owes his life and current status,comfortable living because she was there to guide him towards it.He is extremely selfish and coward.

@minglan1   I think Minglan should kill her dad right along with the rest of them.. Don;t tell me the coward wanted to cover up Granny being poisioned scared he's going to loose his face and look like a wimp to all the other men in court for not taking his wife and her sister to task for harming the very women that raised him.. As they has been discussing in court about being fillial to the person that raised you why in the hell is he in court if he's not listening to whats being said.. :wacko:

Also in that video I saw two women walking towards the Aunt.. Isn't those are the women that drag CL to be punished..?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

58 minutes ago, dito said:
3 hours ago, frenchfan said:

:hushed: getting exciting now.  She made me laugh so much.  "Dad don't worry, I will deal with this and not implicate you.  I will just ask people to take the culprit outside and kill them"  And the dad was like :astonished:

Lol they made this scene funny , when this was such a serious scene in the book....ML scared SH with her talk of killing Kang Aunt.

@dito  What is wrong with this man.. Why is he so suprised.. Scholars kill with a pen Gnrls kills with a sword.. What in the world is he scared of.. He won;t be tried and critized if he cleans out his house.. Men held power then especially in there home.. Him being a scholar was a waste on him.. Granny would have been better off rasing and orphan from the streets instead of dealing with thius nookie junkie fool.. Molan mom really F his head up..    

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

As for GTY all he wants to hear is his wife tells him that she loves him. That all her saying a lil love for him.. Nothing more nothing less.. Can the Man Get And I love You

So he mopes around and sulks for months? If he can't see how his wife loves him, he got issues 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, dito said:

The reason I went from not that interested in this show to very much interested was actually FSF. After seeing his scenes from the first teaser...I was happy with just the glimpse of the way he was playing his character and also glad they chose someone mature looking as that was the characters requirement. BTW, I have never watched any of his dramas before. I'm happy to say FSF has grabbed GTY essence perfectly. Equal parts rascal and charming, ruthless and soft.

ZYL is actually perfectly cast too but his character is really under developed and hence we find his actions not making sense. For e.g. After ML talked with him on the bridge.....we didn't see follow up to his reactions...the narrative never went back to him to show us how it affected him or if did affect him at all. For that the fault lies with the writers.

@dito  I was first intorduce to him in the drama Prince Lang Ling.. Similar characters.. This is probably the reason why he was choosen for this drama.. He plays a general also in that drama with Rainny Yang.. I thought he was hot in that drama especially when he came up out that water scene and threw that hair back:wub: Much Love Much Love for that scene.. I was like Whoa who is he..:wub:

• Like 4

Outside of topic...

My first exposure to Zhu Yilong is from Guardian....

It may not have been the best drama, but this guy can show his emotions just by staring... This may be why I like him as an actor, not so much of how his character QH has been written in the drama.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

So he mopes around and sulks for months? If he can't see how his wife loves him, he got issues 

@zenya22  Of course he got issues this is what makes his character funny but yet exciting to..  Especially when he comes off as the straight shooter not holding anything back.. You see this character in him when dealing with those from the big house including the 4th and 5th house.. I love it when he gose after them because it's no telling what comes out of his mouth.. I love his dialouge in this drama especially when he told his brother pretentious etiquette of proper display should be done.. :w00t:  I said they got his character off the hook he don't give a damned..

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@dito  I was first intorduce to him in the drama Prince Lang Ling.. Similar characters.. This is probably the reason why he was choosen for this drama.. He plays a general also in that drama with Rainny Yang.. I thought he was hot in that drama especially when he came up out that water scene and threw that hair back:wub: Much Love Much Love for that scene.. I was like Whoa who is he..:wub:

Its not Rainny Yang, its Ariel Lin haha. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I'm pretty sure he knows his wife loves him.

The issue is he has yet to realize that ML is not like him who express love so overtly/openly because opening herself to love/vulnerability frightens her. That's where he needs to understand & talk it through. She already told him that she's afraid of losing him to another woman during their argument in the night going home & it seems it's not clicking in his head. But then again, TSoML still has about 20 episodes to be aired, so more dramatic tension will ensue.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

The issue is he has yet to realize that ML is not like him who express love so overtly/openly because opening herself to love frightens her. That's where he needs to understand & talk it through. She already told him that she's afraid of losing him to another woman during their argument in the night going home & it seems it's not clicking in his head. But then again, TSoML still has about 20 episodes to be aired, so more dramatic tension will ensue.

Well put.She stopped being expressive to be able to survive.Her living situation has changed.She can allow herself the freedom to be more expressive and GTY has proved time and again he is trustworthy like her grandmother.He wants her to realize it by herself rather than him doing it for her.The value of self learnt lessons are more impactful.

• Like 10

To me Feng Shaofeng is handsome. I know that his look may not attractive younger people since most younger people now days like this kinda pretty boy look. FSF is just my type, manly and gentle. Of course i love his acting also. Yea im his fan so yeh.

Minglan's maid XioaTou was in one of FSF drama The Starry Night The Starry Sea she only appeared for 3-4 eps tho but i find it kinda funny cus in that drama XioaTou play as the girl who tried to get in between him and the lead actress lmfao and her name was Michelle lololol 

Sorry so out of topic. I thought it was kinda funny sooo.. Hahaha

• Like 16
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

The issue is he has yet to realize that ML is not like him who express love so overtly/openly because opening herself to love/vulnerability frightens her. That's where he needs to understand & talk it through. She already told him that she's afraid of losing him to another woman during their argument in the night going home & it seems it's not clicking in his head. But then again, TSoML still has about 20 episodes to be aired, so more dramatic tension will ensue.

I think the fact that people seems to always  leave him made him like this like his mom,that crazy lady,son  and dad.He trieds to be upbeat all the time but it shows it took a toll on him.

I guess he wants to really see the love all the time to be comfortable since dealing with so much

Edited by dramaninja
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@dito  What is wrong with this man.. Why is he so suprised.. Scholars kill with a pen Gnrls kills with a sword.. What in the world is he scared of.. He won;t be tried and critized if he cleans out his house.. Men held power then especially in there home.. Him being a scholar was a waste on him.. Granny would have been better off rasing and orphan from the streets instead of dealing with thius nookie junkie fool.. Molan mom really F his head up..    

He's a little arrogant that his success is all his hard work. So he pees his pants whenever his family honor is under threat. Basically his messy family life is his one failing and he wants to keep it under wraps.

17 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Is that the one where he has braids in his hair?? I think I might have seen that scene somewhere...don't remember why I didn't watch the drama..was it good?  Want to see some of his other works...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, dito said:

Is that the one where he has braids in his hair?? I think I might have seen that scene somewhere...don't remember why I didn't watch the drama..was it good?  Want to see some of his other works...

Sorry cut your post. Since you talk about fsf i just want to reply. Yes thats the drama his hair is long and braids and yes it was very good. Honstely its one of his popular drama and he was younger there. I like that drama and The Starry Night The Starry Sea the most but TSNTSS might not be your taste. I think Prince of LanLing would be more of your type.

That drama his voice dubbed is very very different from his real voice. But you'll get use to it if you decide to watch that drama someday 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

They have kept the granny poisoning plot.Yay!! We get to see no holds barred ML.Much needed for SH.How could he sacrifice old madam?He owes his life and current status,comfortable living because she was there to guide him towards it.He is extremely selfish and coward.

We all knew how selfish and disgusting human being that he is. @minglan1  

From the preview , even CB’s mom didn’t feel any regret fro trying to murder Old Mrs Sheng. She is also another selfish human being who doesn’t value life. She deserves to be manipulated, kicked out and ridicule. I don’t understand why all her children know to avoid Aunt Kang but SH’s doesn’t think her sister is a bad influence. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

We all knew how selfish and disgusting human being that he is. @minglan1  

From the preview , even CB’s mom didn’t feel any regret fro trying to murder Old Mrs Sheng. She is also another selfish human being who doesn’t value life. She deserves to be manipulated, kicked out and ridicule. I don’t understand why all her children know to avoid Aunt Kang but SH’s doesn’t think her sister is a bad influence. 

All the children turned out to be good who can discern right from wrong unlike their  parents.A miracle that none of them turned out like them.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Dowager sure is defiant & an eyesore. Filial piety is important. His Magesty doesnt want to acknowledge her & deceased emperor as parents. If it wasn't for him & TY, she'd be a head on pikes. He help saved her palace. The least she can do is to grant the title to his real father. Darn ingrate. QH being annoying again. Why cant he just hush up. Now TY is going to get whipped. :crazy:.

While i hate the dowager i do agree with what shes doing here its incredibly disrespectful and not correct to name someone other then the past emperor as your father, in theory he was only able to become emperor because the previous emperor basically adopted him.

I also agree with QH acting against what the emperor is doing , where i disagree with QH is where he keeps going against GTY for personal reasons. Also hes naive and gullible and does not see the big picture. 

• Like 7

@ForgottenSoulx I agree. His position is still unstable and if he were to give his father with a title if would be disrespectful aswell as lower his legitimacy for the throne. It will be easier for outside forces to stage a rebellion and put a new emperor on the throne. Since they will have alot more political support.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

While i hate the dowager i do agree with what shes doing here its incredibly disrespectful and not correct to name someone other then the past emperor as your father, in theory he was only able to become emperor because the previous emperor basically adopted him.

I also agree with QH acting against what the emperor is doing , where i disagree with QH is where he keeps going against GTY for personal reasons. Also hes naive and gullible and does not see the big picture. 

It's just the Dowager really irks me to no end. 

• Like 5