[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

9 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

QH is very smart and he knows what's right from wrong but because of him not being OK, he resulted into the denial that everything that happened was unfair when he reality, it was the situation that messed things up.. 

Sorry for cutting your post...

He is apparently very smart...

Yet, to date, none of his actions seem anything smart to me...

It doesn't seem like it occurred to him that he's only indirectly hurting the woman he wished happiness for by trying to destroy her husband? 

It didn't occur to him that while he got married, widowed, studied for exam, passing the exam that ML could potentially move on?

On what terms was he so convinced, after everything that has happened, that ML still loves him and want to be with him when he goes around throwing tantrum, accusing GTY of stealing her, and worse, ask GTY to break it off?

Does it ever occured to him that he ruined her reputation when he went on to marry the princess, and could potentially do more damage if someone cancelled the wedding with her?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Shitou defended Xiaotao she’s not a dummy. So cute. :wub: I don’t know if shitou came to get information about ML or he came to flirt with Xiaotao. 

I assumed both hahaha :wub:

15 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

It doesn't seem like it occurred to him that he's only indirectly hurting the woman he wished happiness for by trying to destroy her husband? 

It didn't occur to him that while he got married, widowed, studied for exam, passing the exam that ML could potentially move on?

On what terms was he so convinced, after everything that has happened, that ML still loves him and want to be with him when he goes around throwing tantrum, accusing GTY of stealing her, and worse, ask GTY to break it off?

Does it ever occured to him that he ruined her reputation when he went on to marry the princess, and could potentially do more damage if someone cancelled the wedding with her?

Worse he acted against ML but I can assumed that he actually thinks he doing this for the benefit of ML. He probably wanna show to ML how "bad" GTY but he never had a moment and thinks the effects to ML... because of this QH become the tools for the ED against the emperor and his confidents haih :dissapointed:

27 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Can't agree with you more. 

QH is downright selfish in his actions. He could have made ML's life potentially very difficult by pitting against GTY in the court especially at that era where women have very very limited social position. It didn't even occurred to him that ML had moved on and that the world does not revolve around him. It's probably due to his growing up condition where what QH wants, QH gets. So possibly one of the reason why he couldn't move on from ML is because he couldn't have ML. It's so childish like a child who consistently whine when he could not have something he wants. I find it absolutely disgusting when QH told ML that he pines after her day and night. The underlying context, I don't want to elaborate.. 

He's married for god sake and for 2 times! It is really unfair to his current wife, especially when the marriage was not forced. He's getting very annoying as a character. I hope he grows up and move on. 

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

You may call GTy and opppourtunist but I see him as a go getter.. GTy has seen the ways of the world at a very young age and knows nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.. If you want something you have to by all means go after it and thats what he did.. GTY seen the rare jewel that ML was something that QH never knew was there and still to this episode not know.. If ML had married him she would have for ever been living in her shell with a lot of bottle up emotions pint up inside her that would have been enough to kill her.. Not counting all that QH mom would have been doing to her just because of the fact she's a concubines daughter..   

I don't buy SH crap about not knowing CL was involved in this.. He's a man of the court and not only that he knew she was the only one with motive to do something like this.. SH played dumb just for the simple fact he didn';t want to tarnish the SHeng family good name or lose his face..Ml told him as a child how they were starving and no heat in the home.. He really didn't do a thing about it.. SH never cared for ML or her mom.. What tees me off even more is that he didn't have to sleep with her if he wasn't going to be responsible for the children he fathered with her.. @ForgottenSoulx  Who was the person we were conversing with on SH and how much of a dirt bag father he is towards ML.. I really wanted to reach out and touch him in the last episode for trying to slap ML in regards to the witch,.. My thoughts went back to Molan sleeping around in a temple but he didn;t slap her nor raised his hands to hit her..  I was hoping ML check Molan husband about her minduing her own business. But he'll learn soon enough what kibd of woman he married she's no different then her mom there's no love there..

Molan so jealous of Ming Lan all she wishing and praying for his for ML downfall.. She's praying for ML husband to fall out of grace with the court.. But she still has no idea no matter how hard she falls she still has a bed of money to fall on and bounce back up.. It's not like they ate depending in the courts to provide for them and ML has a business mind set I'm sure she could make them even more richer of she puts her mind to it.. 

Well said @sava2sava. All Sheng Hong ever care about is himself and the family reputation. He was manipulated and did not care he was being used. Old Mrs Sheng told him the death of the concubine was his fault. She reminded him about her own child’s death because of said concubine. With the plot of seducing, she reminded him about that he gave her CL to much power and favored his CL’s children that is why He was locked up for three days I the Emperor ‘s study because they lack morals and discipline. The fact that he still wants to act like CL is a gentle Lady why didn’t he bury her in the farmstead. Smh smh smh If she was such a good woman. He is such a liar and despicable human being.

2 hours ago, dito said:

I was thinking that too. But he seemed fine with GTY inheriting the title. Maybe he's being used by ED to frame GTY....he doesn't seem like a smart cookie.....thinking that GTY respects his mother and had a good relationship with her before.   

And gifted concubines always come with ulterior motives. They come to fulfill the intentions of the gift giver....good or bad.

@dito.... He is weak and he doesn’t love his brother. You are right he is dumb and pathetic. Smh smh 

1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

The Sheng shenanigans are problems within families, even if something bad happened, the whole family would just solve it inside the house, to outsider they still have to act like one harmonious family, not airing their dirty laundry for everyone else to see or going around killing each other. Plus, they don't have ED and other officials waiting to find faults on them.

I still don't understand what you want him to learn from the Shengs? In Molan's case was just her and her mother were at fault, and they still ended up giving Molan what she wants to save everyone's dignity, they could only keep her kneeling for a few days and then that's it. Concubine Lin was merely a servant, she is technically a slave under SH and Big Madam's hand, they can beat her to death and no one would care, no one could criticize them. In Concubine Wei's case, only a few servants were punished, ML didn't speak up because her father wouldn't listen. He let the murderer roamed free for years, what should GTY learn from that?

@gleek49 Well said , GTYshould never mimic The Sheng Justice System. If he did that I think he would have ended up dead. Look at how Little Mdm Qi is tryingto kill him so her son can Inherit. Her son is so dumb , all the power would have gone to her and he would remain a puppet. Sometimes when I watch GTY’s stepmom , I don’t think she loves her son at all. When her son was arrested she wasn’t that distraught like the other mother’s of GTY’s family. 

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmm...I'm not sure I feel the same about QH honestly. 

I'm more with @Suzzy San and @sava2sava 

Call me cold, but I don't  have much sympathy for him left..

When he first promised ML everything, and asked his mom for permission at the worst possible time, it was arguable that he was young, and naive.

But when the mom dropped the bomb and made them siblings, he continued to promise her that he will change the mom's mind. 

The grand plan? Goes on hunger strike. <_<

The last straw was BuWei does everything to help him andq got found out by the mom, and was beaten to death, what did he do? Nothing.

Even the not-so-bright Rulan knew to protect her servant. 

When push comes to shove, he bailed. 

No explanation. He disappeared. 

When he found out that GTY is marrying her, his first response was to get him to break it off..

But has it ever occured to him to even ask her if she's willing party before trying to break them off? 

Sure, he would probably not be able to see her, but it didn't change the fact that his first reaction was to go to GTY to break off, and humiliate her again...

Now, arguably he is doing the right thing because he believes GTY is not a man of integrity. But it's later confirmed that it's more personal grudge than professional. 

On one hand he prayed for her happiness, and on the other hand, he goes on to destroy her husband's career. 

That's saying a lot about wishing her happiness. 

Regardless if ML married GTY for love, she married him. 

If GTY goes down, she does too. 

If GTY goes to jail, she becomes a convicts wife. 

If GTY dies, she becomes a widow. 

Never occurred to him?

Wel said chingu @m0us3y

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

That is what he lacks, the courage to face his own problems, he is smart but he is also a coward.. So his smartness is basically not useful. :joy:.. 

Yes I know QH is being silly and petty. I SYMPATHIZE with him because I see his regret and pain but I am not DEFENDING his current actions. There are things in life that are beyond our capabilities and for QH, being with ML was one of them. I sympathize with him because no matter if he tried the universe went against him, that’s just life and they weren’t destined to be together. 

I dont care if GTY had offered QH help before. GTY was a man who had nothing to lose, he can bet his life on anything. But QH is not the same. He is not someone who can risk and bet on chances.... Therefore I understood why he turned GTY down when he offered to help. QH and Dr. He can’t do what GTY did, schemed his way to get ML.

Take away is the wrong word, I’m not blaming GTY for marrying ML. I’m speaking from QH POV the last person he’d want to see ML be with is someone who is related/close to him. Because the regret he has is amplified by it. More so feeling betrayed. Yes, I understand him feeling betrayed. You’d be lying to yourself if you were in QH situation you wouldn’t feel a bit of resentment towards a friend whom you confided in about the person you love and than the next thing you know, they are together...

Sure, they all should’ve moved on but if I were GTY I wouldn’t touched ML even if I had feelings for her. That’s why I understood QH when he brought up the past of them together, as if GTY didn’t value their relationship since he went behind his back to marry ML.... Granted ML is no one’s property, but going behind his back I mean that he didn’t come to QH like a man to let him know what’s up. Maybe there would’ve been a fair match between them but GTY can’t take that risk because I know that GTY must have ML, that’s why he only confronted QH after all was said and done.. GTY acted ignorant in front of QH like he didn’t know he hadn’t moved on but he knew that next person he going to have to face is QH. Really now? 

Maybe that is just me and my views in life and how I value the bonds of the small relationships I have. It’s fine for me if GTY and QH can’t go back to the way they used to be. I’m not going to condemn neither of them for it. In fact I don’t expect them to. 

I agree that it is unfair to QH current wife. Because he thought he could force himself to heal, force himself to accept that life should go on. Therefore he got married, and focused himself on his career, yet he is still hasn’t fully moved on. 

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmm...I'm not sure I feel the same about QH honestly. 

I'm more with @Suzzy San and @sava2sava 

Call me cold, but I don't  have much sympathy for him left..

When he first promised ML everything, and asked his mom for permission at the worst possible time, it was arguable that he was young, and naive.

But when the mom dropped the bomb and made them siblings, he continued to promise her that he will change the mom's mind. 

The grand plan? Goes on hunger strike. <_<

The last straw was BuWei does everything to help him andq got found out by the mom, and was beaten to death, what did he do? Nothing.

Even the not-so-bright Rulan knew to protect her servant. 

When push comes to shove, he bailed. 

No explanation. He disappeared. 

When he found out that GTY is marrying her, his first response was to get him to break it off..

But has it ever occured to him to even ask her if she's willing party before trying to break them off? 

Sure, he would probably not be able to see her, but it didn't change the fact that his first reaction was to go to GTY to break off, and humiliate her again...

Now, arguably he is doing the right thing because he believes GTY is not a man of integrity. But it's later confirmed that it's more personal grudge than professional. 

On one hand he prayed for her happiness, and on the other hand, he goes on to destroy her husband's career. 

That's saying a lot about wishing her happiness. 

Regardless if ML married GTY for love, she married him. 

If GTY goes down, she does too. 

If GTY goes to jail, she becomes a convicts wife. 

If GTY dies, she becomes a widow. 

Never occurred to him?

So well said, I feel nothing for him at all.. I don't even feel any pity for him, he messed up outrightly so he should just stick to his own fate and not go creating problems for people in the name of doing official work.. QH is a very very very selfish man and a dogmat that sticks to his own opinion whether right or wrong, whether favorable for other people or not, and he doesn't even make the right plan to make it work.. In short QH is a more problematic than all those villains, at least they are intentionally harming ML but he thinks he is doing well for her, like what kind of sense does that make.. He should just agree that he wants to ruin GTY by force whether it destroys ML or not.. At this point, he is just satisfting his own selfish anger and just lying to himself that he is doing official work and more so trying to save ML from GTY.. What an annoying character QH is really.. :triumph:

6 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

Sure, they all should’ve moved on but if I were GTY I wouldn’t touched ML even if I had feelings for her. That’s why I understood QH when he brought up the past of them together, as if GTY didn’t value their relationship since he went behind his back to marry ML.... Granted ML is no one’s property, but going behind his back I mean that he didn’t come to QH like a man to let him know what’s up. I know that GTY must have ML, that’s why he only confronted QH after all was said and done.. GTY acted ignorant in front of QH like he didn’t know he hadn’t moved on but he knew that next person he going to have to face is QH. Really now? 

Maybe that is just me and my views in life and how I value the bonds of the small relationships I have. It’s fine for me if GTY and QH can’t go back to the way they used to be. I’m not going to condemn neither of them for it. In fact I don’t expect them to. 

Anybody can have feelings for anyone, GTY had feelings for her, but he never tried to marry her then when QH and ML were still trying to work things through, He admired her which is very normal since feelings can be felt for anyone.. He only decided to actively propose to her when they ended their relationship and he saw how sad she felt.. So he decided that no matter what he will marry her and make her happy.. So I don't think he owe QH any kind of explanation that 'I love your girl, when she is no more and she was never to be very honest his, QH was just like anyone that's trying to court any girl, so he just took it to a greater lever by being obsessed over and had fantasies and infatuation for her... Telling him to me is just being stupid as if ML has the surname Qi to her name.. I understand that you felt that based on their relationship, he should have told him but I think no matter the relationship, no third person should be involved in their private biz.. 

In what way do I view ML as an object owned by QH? I never said ML should’ve waited for QH to fix his family issues, passed the exam, and marry him? 

I never said ML should’ve asked permission to QH before marrying GTY or Dr. He. 

Im not talking about ML POV, I’m talking about the relationship between QH and GTY. Man to man. Brother to brother. 

Imagine if one of ML trusted maid betrayed her and becomes a concubine to GTY. That is the point I’m saying, that I understand QH POV to why he holds some resentment towards GTY. I also know GTY POV, but there’s no reason for me to highlight it since everyone agrees to GTY pov. I’m highlighting QH POV because I sympathize with him in Episode 51. 

17 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Yes I know QH is being silly and petty. I SYMPATHIZE with him because I see his regret and pain but I am not DEFENDING his current actions. There are things in life that are beyond our capabilities and for QH, being with ML was one of them. I sympathize with him because no matter if he tried the universe went against him, that’s just life and they weren’t destined to be together. 

I dont care if GTY had offered QH help before. GTY was a man who had nothing to lose, he can bet his life on anything. But QH is not the same. He is not someone who can risk and bet on chances.... Therefore I understood why he turned GTY down when he offered to help. QH and Dr. He can’t do what GTY did, schemed his way to get ML.

Take away is the wrong word, I’m not blaming GTY for marrying ML. I’m speaking from QH POV the last person he’d want to see ML be with is someone who is related/close to him. Because the regret he has is amplified by it. More so feeling betrayed. Yes, I understand him feeling betrayed. You’d be lying to yourself if you were in QH situation you wouldn’t feel a bit of resentment towards a friend whom you confided in about the person you love and than the next thing you know, they are together...

Sure, they all should’ve moved on but if I were GTY I wouldn’t touched ML even if I had feelings for her. That’s why I understood QH when he brought up the past of them together, as if GTY didn’t value their relationship since he went behind his back to marry ML.... Granted ML is no one’s property, but going behind his back I mean that he didn’t come to QH like a man to let him know what’s up. Maybe there would’ve been a fair match between them but GTY can’t take that risk because I know that GTY must have ML, that’s why he only confronted QH after all was said and done.. GTY acted ignorant in front of QH like he didn’t know he hadn’t moved on but he knew that next person he going to have to face is QH. Really now? 

I agree that it is unfair to QH current wife. Because he thought he could force himself to heal, force himself to accept that life should go on. Therefore he got married, and focused himself on his career, yet he is still hasn’t fully moved on. 

LOL, I don't get why GTY should value and consider QH's emotion over his own? If QH was a close friend to GTY like CB (who still care for him when he was kicked out of the house, when his life was ruined) or all those people from Yuzhou (who been through life and death battles with him), then I agree that he should have talked to QH first. But they're not THAT close? They were like casual friends. Remember what QH was doing when GTY was kicked out? He was happily preparing the dumb birthday plan for his mom :)) Why should GTY sacrifice the love of his life for such casual friendship?? (I'm not saying that QH has to care for GTY when he was at his lowest, but the fact that he didn't implies that their friendship has never been that deep, hence GTY has never owned him anything, let alone sacrificing his love for QH)

As far as he knows, QH had already married someone else and moved on from his relationship with ML. It's been several years since their relationship ended, he had married, she had moved on to talk about marriage with someone else. I don't get why GTY had to care about the feelings of some ex lover of her from years ago? QH didn't own ML, even after his wife died he didn't tell anyone about his intention to get back to ML, how should anyone knew if he still had feelings for ML or not? Why should GTY consider his feelings when QH himself obviously does not care about anyone else's feelings other than his own? He doesn't even care about ML's feelings! 

2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

GTY didn't take her from anyone. QH and her had no longer had any relation whatsoever after he married, I don't care if he had reasons or not, their relationship was over, period. In modern term, they had broken up and she's single, that's it, anyone could try to court her and QH had no say in it.

Dr. He hadn't even officially proposed to ML yet, so he also had no claim on her. In modern term, they hadn't become an official couple yet, so again, she's still single, any could try to court her and sent proposal gifts to her house and Dr. He couldn't say anything.

After his wife died, QH only INTENDED to go ask for her hand, but he didn't actually do it, he didn't even tell anyone of his intention, how could anyone suppose to know what he wanted? He couldn't just expect her to stand in one place waiting for him? Hadn't it occur to him that there can be other guys who like her too? He could at least ask around to see if there's anyone else, if he did, he would have known about Dr. He and he might had the chance to act faster. But he didn't do it. If GTY wasn't there, he would have still lost to Dr. He with his way of handling things. His tantrum right now towards GTY is just him unable to cope with his own incompetency, him looking for someone to blame on for his misery. The mature thing to do is to face your mistake, move on and let your wound to be healed. Both ML and GTY had met with as much pain and struggles as him, if not more; but they didn't sulk in a corner being bitter and blaming the world, they moved on, that's why they are able to be happy with each other now. QH not only refuses to let go, but he tries to drag others down with him just because he's unhappy is nothing less of an angry child and a sore loser. Until he's willing to admit that this is his own damn faults, he has no right to blame it on anyone.

And GTY didn't rub salt in his wound, agitating QH do no one no good, why would he do such stupid things? He was just trying to tell QH what he did wrong, trying to get him to face his mistakes, not blaming on others; he told him point blank because he cared about QH and he wanted him to move on.

So much this. Well said. I couldn’t believe when this guy actually brought up NM’s accusations against GTY in the court without knowing anything. It came across as self serving and presumptuous to me that I just had to laugh. Fortunately because of everything GTY has been through whether through true or false accusations, he has thick skin. He knows how to weather the storm. However, him going to that guy’s manor to offer him the olive branch that was firmly repudiated clearly showed me just how petty that QH’s actions were. He needs to grow up and move on and should start by taking responsibility for his actions. How dare he entertain marriage prospects with ML anyway after unintendedly sullying her reputation and exposing her and her family to public derision.

@gleek49 GTY and QH were equally selfish in their own ways... GTY has no right to lecture QH just as QH has no right to hold grudges on GTY.

I didn’t think their relationship was casual. Lol They grew up together as well. If it were casual QH wouldn’t be so affected the way he is towards GTY... If it were casual GTY wouldn’t try to help him with a very dangerous plan that could cause his life or his loved ones... I truly believed QH genuinely wished well for ML just as GTY wished well for QH and ML. QH never showed resentment towards Dr He (I’m sure he knows about it as news travel fast) nor did he try to break their engagement off like GTY... He just didn’t imagine it would be his uncle whom he looked up to, confided in, whom had seen the heart break he and ML went through to be that man for ML... It’s not about valuing someone’s emotions over others... It’s about valuing relationship from brother to brother.

Why should QH bring up marriage with ML right away? It wasn’t the right time, the emperor died, his first wife was killed, his mother was in total shock, he needed to get his family and life back together before he can present himself to ML. 

GTY is the same, he took a chance and succeeded in causing a disruption with Dr. He engagement. He also waited until he was successful to get ML... So why didn’t he proposed to her right then and there when he realized he wanted to marry her when ML showed he cared for his daughter? He basically just had the better timing and schemed for it. Where as QH and Dr He could only do it the way it’s naturally done. At least QH and DR He was upfront with their proposal for ML while GTY had to hide behind in disguise of marrying a di daughter which he had everyone to believe it was Rulan. And I also see GTY pov why he had to disguised it. 

I dont get why you think QH only cared about his feelings? Did he not apologize to ML when his mother made a declaration in sheng household that they are sisters. Did he not send the doll to ML to let her know that he is sorry that he couldn’t keep his promise? If you were in his position what were you supposed to do when your father was kidnapped and threatened for his life if he doesn’t marry? I don’t trust GTY plan either in kidnapping the princess as well either. And it would be much more selfish of QH if he brought GTY into his troubles. There’s always someone who has to sacrifice. We can’t have everything we want. I’m sure QH knows it but he can’t help to feel the way his feeling because his situation was also unfair. 

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree @greenwatch08, the dowager is ungrateful. It’s not like she doesn’t know GTY’s life has been hell. She just so greedy for power. Smh meh 

can someone send me a link to watch 51 and 52with subs. A safe site to watch in iPhone...

http://fastdrama.me/watch-online/the-story-of-ming-lan/episode-52

Apart from GTY x ML, I actually really want to see what happen to Molan at the Liang household. I thought her mother in law doesn't like her, but she is actually quite smart to gain the favour of her husband (her husband seems to dote on her a lot). 

One thing I like about GTY is that he doesn’t pretend to be anything other than himself. I wasn’t pleased with the way he lived his life previously but he is trying to live a “better” life. He knows his faults and admit to them. QH, however, comes off as pious to me yet how could he not see nor understand how his actions publicly hurt ML? Furthermore, ML is now a married woman. If he’s so pious and righteous, why not pay attention to his home and do his duty to his wife and stop pining after someone else’s wife? He can carry a torch all he wants for ML but isn’t it dishonorable to make it obvious and public for others to bandy about as gossip? A more honorable man would see the folly of his careless actions. 

57 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

@gleek49 GTY and QH were equally selfish in their own ways... GTY has no right to lecture QH just as QH has no right to hold grudges on GTY.

I didn’t think their relationship was casual. Lol They grew up together as well. If it were casual QH wouldn’t be so affected the way he is towards GTY... If it were casual GTY wouldn’t try to help him with a very dangerous plan that could cause his life or his loved ones... I truly believed QH genuinely wished well for ML just as GTY wished well for QH and ML. QH never showed resentment towards Dr He (I’m sure he knows about it as news travel fast) nor did he try to break their engagement off like GTY... He just didn’t imagine it would be his uncle whom he looked up to, confided in, whom had seen the heart break he and ML went through to be that man for ML... It’s not about valuing someone’s emotions over others... It’s about valuing relationship from brother to brother.

Why should QH bring up marriage with ML right away? It wasn’t the right time, the emperor died, his first wife was killed, his mother was in total shock, he needed to get his family and life back together before he can present himself to ML. 

GTY is the same, he took a chance and succeeded in causing a disruption with Dr. He engagement. He also waited until he was successful to get ML... So why didn’t he proposed to her right then and there when he realized he wanted to marry her when ML showed he cared for his daughter? He basically just had the better timing and schemed for it. Where as QH and Dr He could only do it the way it’s naturally done. At least QH and DR He was upfront with their proposal for ML while GTY had to hide behind in disguise of marrying a di daughter which he had everyone to believe it was Rulan. And I also see GTY pov why he had to disguised it. 

I dont get why you think QH only cared about his feelings? Did he not apologize to ML when his mother made a declaration in sheng household that they are sisters. Did he not send the doll to ML to let her know that he is sorry that he couldn’t keep his promise? If you were in his position what were you supposed to do when your father was kidnapped and threatened for his life if he doesn’t marry? I don’t trust GTY plan either in kidnapping the princess as well either. And it would be much more selfish of QH if he brought GTY into his troubles. There’s always someone who has to sacrifice. We can’t have everything we want. I’m sure QH knows it but he can’t help to feel the way his feeling because his situation was also unfair. 

As I was saying, QH was affected because he himself is hurt, he's looking for someone to bear the blame for his misery. He can't be angry at the stranger like Dr.He, of course it's easier to blame someone he knows. They didn't grow up together, they know each other growing up, there's a difference. GTY was going to risk himself for ML's future happiness too, not just for QH. If it wasn't for ML, I doubt he would go to talk to QH the minute he heard about his engagement. 

QH doesn't have to ask for her hand right away, but he could at least let his intention known. No one was obligated to go and ask for his permission to propose to his ex girlfriend, years after he'd already married someone else. 

Yes QH doesn't care about anyone's feelings other than himself. He didn't care about ML's feelings when he ignore all of her warnings and rejections. He didn't care about her feelings when he decided ALL ON HIS OWN that he should marry her after his wife died. He didn't care about his parents' feelings when he pull the birthday stunt on his mother or starve himself. Did you see how he was treating his 2nd wife? He obviously didn't care about her feelings either. I would say that he didn't care for GTY's feelings, but you would just say that GTY doesn't deserve it, so don't bother. I mean honestly, have you seen him talking about anything other than his own feelings, his own issues?

And please don't say that QH had it "unfair", everyone in the world has some sort of hardship. QH was born rich, handsome and talented, with parents completely devoted to him. Right now his career is going along greatly, he can have a nice marriage too if he's willing to work on it. Life is not unfair to him, he's bleeping blessed. He's the only one doesn't appreciate it. I'm honestly so done with his whiny, entitled richard simmons throwing tantrums and blaming others when things doesn't get his way. So what if GTY wanted to put his own need first? He doesn't own QH anything, he has already tried to help QH the best way he knows how, he doesn't have to curate his life to please some random guy who's only his friend when he need him and nowhere to be seen when his life is hard. That's how I see it, GTY did nothing wrong to QH and QH needs to stop acting like a spoiled child.

I see a few people sympathizes with QH there is nothing wrong with that but I find his opinion of being betrayed by GTY pathetic. I feel that if he truly understood or know GTY, know matter how mad he is . He would never believe the ranting of MN or rumors that are going around the town about him. QH has lead such a sheltered life that he could never smell conspiracy brewing in his own life/court. He is such a follower, he can never be a leader because he doesn’t know how to think outside the box.  TBH GTY was never really close to QH .  If he was close to him like Changbai is he would of have asked him what is going on instead of trying to ruin him without physical proof. We all watched the Prince tell the Emperor that once The Scholars saw the stab wound , they stop trying to bully GTY. QH  and his parents easily believe in rumors and are very bad at judging peole. They believe/trust people who are on high position. With the exception of QH, his parents do look down on people of the lower cast instead of judging someone on their character because of how they grew up. Like @gleek49 QH has never been there for him or seen his struggle and pain since they were young. CB is like a brother to him and respected  GTY . 

39 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

Apart from GTY x ML, I actually really want to see what happen to Molan at the Liang household. I thought her mother in law doesn't like her, but she is actually quite smart to gain the favour of her husband (her husband seems to dote on her a lot). 

Same, but it is already all bad. Since her trusted maid might become sixth Liang new concubine and he is onto Molans act. I just hope to see that she pays for the caused of the other concubine miscarriage.

@UnniSarah Yes, I agree. He shouldn’t bring his personal grudge with him to work. He is holding a grudge far too long and it’s getting the best of him.

ZYL was such a good actor, that scene of him and FSF confrontation. When he broked down in tears and let it out, as he have been putting on a facade of an emotionless soul, ugh I couldn’t help but also in tears. I don’t know why his expression just show a whole lot. And in that moment was when I sympathize with QH. Resentment, regret, shame all sharp blades slicing through his heart. All the words that GTY said to him went for the kill, straight in the heart because he knows himself that it’s true. 

Archived