[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

46 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Did QH ask for a meeting or was it initiated by ML because of his wife?

Doesnt matter, meeting qh alone is already a major mistake, meeting him at a banquet filled with aristocrats??? The repercussions of it should have made minglan trembled with fear

30 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Exactly.. ML was being stupid thinking QH is still the same guy he was and also thinking as long as she is doing it for her husband, it's OK like girl.. You are th one that has being claiming about your husband taking a concubine since it's common in that Era and you are now secretly meeting with the person the whole society knows about your past in that Era.. What the richard simmons was she thinking 

But somehow for ML to do something this stupid fro someone so smart, and it's also for GTY low-key, shows she loves him as much to behave childishly.. Interesting 

I dont know what sort of reasoning ml would have to justify her meeting qh in private, smart ml wouldnt do that. See this is what I mean when I said even when ml suffers, gty would probably suffer twice as hard. Her intention might be noble, but the implication would have been so severe, not only socially, but personally for gty. 

Let me just go poison grandma so we can have that heart to heart talk already  :skull:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Well said chingu @ForgottenSoulx... I believe she is in love with GTY. She is showing all the signs but Guess!!  what she hasn’t realized it yet. Ming Lan has major major major trust issues. I think even if she knows she is I love with him, her fear of telling him will be like giving away her weaknesses. Like some you said she is afraid, her moms last request when she died is always on her mind and her grandmother’s teaching is very much a part of her. I think Ming Lan’s Real problem is that people change and trusting someone ‘s word at face value is a big risk. In order for her to take that big step , GTY needs to show his own weakness to her. Some of you will say he has shown his weakness but I don’t think he has truly shown his weakness that meaningful to Ming Lan. 

We should all remember he has never told her he Loves her but he has shown her how much he loves but for Ming Lan seeing is believing. Meaning he needs to risk something that is valuable to him for her to take that leap. 

Does this make sense???? 

Gty own weakness is minglan. Thats why he said he lost to her all this lifetime something like that. I dont know why GTY must have to risk something valuable for ML to believed him. Up till now GTY has always been caring and loving to ML. Doesn't this already means a lot? To me it is. If ML realized then she will and gty wont have to risk it. But she dont. ML is too traumatize.

1 minute ago, nichiwoohee said:

Doesnt matter, meeting qh alone is already a major mistake, meeting him at a banquet filled with aristocrats??? The repercussions of it should have made minglan trembled with fear.

What you said is correct but I guess some sort of a love triangle seems to be liked by audiences so dramas do insert that somehow.

From the trailer looks like the banquet  was at ML's residence so she might have been confident of the meeting remaining a secret.

7 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Doesnt matter, meeting qh alone is already a major mistake, meeting him at a banquet filled with aristocrats??? The repercussions of it should have made minglan trembled with fear

I dont know what sort of reasoning ml would have to justify her meeting qh in private, smart ml wouldnt do that. See this is what I mean when I said even when ml suffers, gty would probably suffer twice as hard. Her intention might be noble, but the implication would have been so severe, not only socially, but personally for gty. 

Let me just go poison grandma so we can have that heart to heart talk already  :skull:

i agree with you! Nailed it at the part "gty would probably suffer twice as hard".

Omggg i love ml's grandma shes so cuteeee but what you said got me laughing. Thats another sad scene coming up. Means more teary eyes. Noooo :mellow: but someone said grandma didnt die so thats great but now her body is weak :/

4 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

What you said is correct but I guess some sort of a love triangle seems to be liked by audiences so dramas do insert that somehow.

From the trailer looks like the banquet  was at ML's residence so she might have been confident of the meeting remaining a secret.

Omg that's too much stupidity at once.. In her husband's house, in that Era! With someone she had a past with.. Secretly.. There are a lot of wrongs to this seriously.. It's almost as if she doesn't even respect GTY if other people sees it, which is not true.. Omg i feel so bad for GTY... Someone as calculating as ML should have not risk this at all, no matter what.. Omg omg.. In their house, that's the most foolish part of this all.. 

4 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

That’s... worse... NAWT at your husband’s home :bawling:

We really need to ff this love triangle thing, just give the viewers what they want.. ml and gty stomping the stepmom, aunty kang, and the rest of Gu clan, (bonus the ED and qh’s wife if they dont behave)

16 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

For me it's not even love triangle because there is actually no jealousy but there is anger from GTY that she doesn't even consider his feelings.. Even though he knows and understands ML he is just angry she still sees him just as someone she wants to repay and she still behaves so virtously, which is somehow not her true self with him, and not saying everything to him.... 

4 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

i agree with you! Nailed it at the part "gty would probably suffer twice as hard".

Omggg i love ml's grandma shes so cuteeee but what you said got me laughing. Thats another sad scene coming up. Means more teary eyes. Noooo :mellow: but someone said grandma didnt die so thats great but now her body is weak :/

I’m sorry grandma :tears: But we need to get the plot running faster :sweatingbullets:

8 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

LMAO....ROTFL:joy:

Oh my....but I low key agree....lets start the fight already....so ML tells him get off her back....the person she loves the most is herself. 

Just to let you know the fight/heart to heart continued over a period of time .....and is divided into 3 parts....the last part happens after granny's poisoning. Only the first part is the fight....

@Suzzy San @nichiwoohee 

You are right in saying it's not a good idea and not something one would expect from smart and wordlywise ML.

We might see a better justification when the episode airs.

This may force ML to reasses her feeling for GTY. Make her confident and not scared of his affection waning in the future.

She wouldn't do it unless forced by a situation like this.

I am not thinking pragmatically.That is hazardous for my drama viewing.I will fit in the logic to the episode just like the writer is doing .:P Comfort myself for putting up with it by viewing the make up scenes post the fight.:wub: 

1 hour ago, mooose said:

Ep51 & 52 Just watched it raw and DAEBAK!

I wouldn't mind some dialogue spoilers on the ML-SH fight.

I wonder what our romantic playboy 6th Liang discovers about his wife when he interrogates that maid? That he was played by another player and she's killing his babies? Bet he's regretting marrying that whiny Molan now. Loved the look on his face when ML the chopsticks.  He called her a 'block' before and now discovers she's a firecracker. 

Where can i watch ep 51 & 52?

I translated the QH ML scene...and she said for the good of Gu family and Qi family...you should treat me as an elder now. You used to called HouYe(GTY) second uncle....QH says you want me to call you Aunt?..... ML says you should....as I'm your elder now....I think he calls her hard hearted or something....translation was not clear...

ML having QH called out to meet alone is so totally out of character for ML....doesn't make sense for her to take such a risk just to say those words. Something more must have happened to make her worried enough to meet him and solve the situation by talking with him. QH is being even more reckless than ML in trying to hold her or touch her....

They should have stuck to the book version....and let them meet accidentally.

12 hours ago, bulubulu said:

i feel that even tho it was for his son, the fact that she was okay to let him or tell him to is just a no to me. But that's different tho, about him not telling his plan to ML is different from ML being okay if he got girls beside her or if he sleeps with other woman...u feel? Even if they both aren't honest, the feels are different..like GTY may not being honest but its a different type of feeling from ML being not honest. Im just saying this or how i felt about this but to me they seem pretty much honest to each other or as of now i feel that. it just that one love another more. 

11 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Gty say many times that he wont take concubines in. Its not like gty will sleep with other girls anyways since his feelings to ml are true but ml is already fine with it. Gty done and show how much he cared for ml, ml seems quite clueless on that

4 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Dr He is Dr He. GTY is GTY. im sure if they gave gty girls, he wont even touch them if they must really force him and he really gotta take them.

3 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Gty own weakness is minglan. Thats why he said he lost to her all this lifetime something like that. I dont know why GTY must have to risk something valuable for ML to believed him. Up till now GTY has always been caring and loving to ML. Doesn't this already means a lot? To me it is. If ML realized then she will and gty wont have to risk it. But she dont. ML is too traumatize.

3 hours ago, bulubulu said:

She was only willing to let GTY and MN have a night together because lets say she reject's and news spreads that doesnt care about GTY's son that would be a horrible situation for her. Do people really think shes fine with it , she is just playing the virtous wife after seeing the issues in the Sheng household. It does not matter how many times GTY say's he wont take concubines in because sometime's its out of your control and just because he say's he wont touch another girl ML has to play the dumb female role and just accept everything??

Think about the era they are in.. if she gives everything to him then 10 years later he start's to get turned off , what is ML supposed to do then. Even after this argument and shows her love openly its never going to be full trust because that is stupid for the era they arein. 

Regarding the grandmother i hope ML move's her into ML's house after all this happens. 

3 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Omg that's too much stupidity at once.. In her husband's house, in that Era! With someone she had a past with.. Secretly.. There are a lot of wrongs to this seriously.. It's almost as if she doesn't even respect GTY if other people sees it, which is not true.. Omg i feel so bad for GTY... Someone as calculating as ML should have not risk this at all, no matter what.. Omg omg.. In their house, that's the most foolish part of this all.. 

Am i the only one who does not think its that stupid from ML's part.. doing it in her own home after most likely setting up this party and knowing where everyone is? I dont think she would meet up with QH if there was any risk of anyone else seeing it. I think doing it in the house is most likely the safest option.

1 hour ago, selen4ever said:

@parasI think the son is dead. They dig up the grave MN leads them to and there is a tiny skeleton. :tears:

Poor GTY is devastated. Not sure what they do with MN after ML slaps her.

Hopefully let go then .. oh no 2 weeks later she was killed .

Also dont get me damn started on how useless SH is as a father hes terrible and if he dies i would cheer and be so damn happy. 

Ming Lan is so awesome. Her revenge scheme unfolds so intricately. She had everyone at the grasp her fingertips. That tiny smirk when she walks away from the Lin Manor knowing the mistress will be put in captivity is so satisfying. I'm glad she has grandma at her side because her dolt of a father & nagging big madame would've thrown her into a pack of hungry wolves. 

Seeing ML lose her composure is amusing since I'm so used to seeing her calm all the time. It's nice to see TY again, helping out the miss as always. The shot of the fields with both of them together is really pretty. The dialogue between TY & ML is great as usual. I love the way TY gazes at ML so lovingly & his mannerism towards her.

Just watched EP 52 tv version (raw)..

Need some help with translation...

Did QH really said to QTY, "I trusted you, and see how I end up now? If the Emperor trusts you, how will he ends up?"

Is he saying that GTY con ML from him??

As GTY walks off, QH actually said "You can deceive everyone but not me?" 

Is he implying that ML is getting deceived by him?

Also it seems rather evident that QH is indeed doing what he was doing out of personal interest, and his grudge. He even tried to convince himself, rather unsuccessfully, that it's professional?

Just wanna ensure I didn't misunderstand that scene before I comment further...

@watchumlots I don't speak Chinese but someone summarized the preview for the Sheng/ML fight on yt and according to them Molan (using her favourite strategy of crying) wants to have her mother's grave moved into the family tomb. ML gets angry and says no since she was a murderer who killed ML's mom. And then the father dares to disagree with ML  :rage:

And it seems Molan's hubby is starting to get suspicious about his concubine miscarriage being so similar to what ML said happened to her mother so he interrogates a maid.

Archived