Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

6 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

In the book Grandma doesn’t agree but ML pacified Grandma I think. She will probably do the same thing in the drama seeing she interacted more with him than in the book. She has a good impression of him & she told him in today’s episode that he is one of the 3 people she will pay with her life for. So she will convince grandma I guess

EDIT: I mean she looked pretty happy on her wedding day in the trailers

Yeah. 

I'm totally bias here but I love ML, ruthless and all. 

She's very clear about those who helped her, and those who cause the ppl she loves harm. 

And she doesn't hesitate to do everything necessary to protect/ avenge. 

I love how she told GTY she will pay him back with her life. :wub:

I'm also guessing she might have said she's willing party in this case, or granny might fight tooth and nail for her. 

And yes. She does look quite happy. 

• Like 9

@ForgottenSoulx I think you and me have different ideas. To you if he did it wrong and failed then it's worthless. Only when he succeeds will it count. To me an effort is an effort and it counts whether it succeeds or fails. But I won't argue with you about him anymore since I think you are somehow very biased against him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The looks given by both of them. Ml subtle (i think at this point she has already has feeling for him). Gty's look really infatuated. 

• 7b34a143ly1fz7urgb9tdj20u01gue3x.jpg
  • 7b34a143ly1fz7urfchrkj21gu0u0tra.jpg
  • 7b34a143ly1fz7urgsvxsj20u01gunlm.jpg

@leeza77 Their faces do look like that :wub:. I think at this point, ML probably doesn’t know what she feels because it’s different from the feelings with QH which is understandable. QH was the school sweetheart that gave you valentines and flowers and candy. GTY is that gruff kid at school that teased you and picked at you just to see a response even though he has a soft spot inside for ML. Then fate started throwing them in each other’s way. GTY, being older, picked up on his feelings and the possibilities earlier. He didn’t act on anything before going to fight since he knew of QH/ML situation and would have just resigned himself to helping them get together but that didn’t happen due to circumstances. Now that QH is already married, and they’ve run into each other again, he’s probably feeling a little freer to think romantically about her. ML probably started to feel something but may not recognize what it is yet?

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

Or maybe ML still not interested with GTY, if she likes him, she wont say that "GTY wanted to marry you" to Rulan, she gonna cry because she's sad and when ML said "he didn't want me", sounds like light reply, just remember her case with QH, ML was so sad when she knows that QH had to marry someone, not like "(it's ok) he doesn't want me anymore" something like that.

I think both of ML and GTY are fond of each other (GTY likes her a little bit more, maybe in early stages of falling in love). But neither of them are in love yet to the point it would be heartbroken without the other. So I think ML is not putting up a face, she is actually okay with GTY marrying Rulan, maybe only a bit sad.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

Or maybe ML still not interested with GTY, if she likes him, she wont say that "GTY wanted to marry you" to Rulan, she gonna cry because she's sad and when ML said "he didn't want me", sounds like light reply, just remember her case with QH, ML was so sad when she knows that QH had to marry someone, not like "(it's ok) he doesn't want me anymore" something like that.

We also have to remember that she only allowed her sadness about QH to show in front of grandma and close servants. Even though she was sad about QH, she never showed it to Rulan or anyone outside her trusted circle. The only other person she let in was GTY, but even in front of him, she showed a lot of strength instead of sadness. So whatever her true feelings are, she won’t express it to Rulan, plus she’s not going to put herself in a position of risking herself again like before.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

You must remember ml was a master og disguise. Even grandma said that she was excellent in controlling her composure. Thus, she may just concealher real feeling knowing that there is nothing she can do. 

Especially after what she went through with QH. Even if & when she feels something she is not going to express it so easily. That said, I don’t think she loves him as yet but she regards him very highly & probably wouldn’t mind being married to him. Though love will come soon I feel

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

@ForgottenSoulx I think you and me have different ideas. To you if he did it wrong and failed then it's worthless. Only when he succeeds will it count. To me an effort is an effort and it counts whether it succeeds or fails. But I won't argue with you about him anymore since I think you are somehow very biased against him.

I mean obviously thats how it works ? If he was able to convince his mum obviously i would say nothing but he couldn't.

He made no effort literally he asked his mum on the worst day possible anyone with a brain would not do that. 

11 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

I think both of ML and GTY are fond of each other (GTY likes her a little bit more, maybe in early stages of falling in love). But neither of them are in love yet to the point it would be heartbroken without the other. So I think ML is not putting up a face, she is actually okay with GTY marrying Rulan, maybe only a bit sad.

I mean GTY wants ML so hes seems more then fond, ML does not truly understand her feelings and most likely just thinks its deep respect or something. I think if GTY did not get ML he would be quite upset/annoyed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Especially after what she went through with QH. Even if & when she feels something she is not going to express it so easily. That said, I don’t think she loves him as yet but she regards him very highly & probably wouldn’t mind being married to him. Though love will come soon I feel

Totally agree ML admires/respects/regards him highly at this point but i think GTY really likes her. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hello210 said:

I just want to say I love Shitou (GTY’s servant/body guard) and Xiaotao’s characters. And for some reason, in the episode where GTY was confronting ML at the snack shop, and ML told the servants to go get some kind of seed, I thought the way Xiaotao looked at Shitou by the door seemed like they would be a hilarious couple if they were to get together.

I was laughing at that scene, Xiaotao was about to throw down looking at GTY body guard like you better watch your master. 

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Wow this thread is really moving fast. I am still at episode 32.

The Sheng family are a hoot!! Without them this drama would be less entertaining!! This drama could have been titled the Story of the Sheng Family and would still be an audience drawer.

Countess: you have in your hand a pan full of poop and you beg me to accept?

LMAO, it reminded me of The Legend of Dugu. Now the Legend of Sheng..

I was dying when She called Molan crap. I was like damn she’s is savage. Haha 

I was face palm and smh at GTY... Really the pretty one? Than what does that make Rulan and CB what does that make Minglan? LOLOL I wish he would’ve just been straightforward but I guess we need this scheme or it’ll be a slap in the face to Big Madam because every mother wants Minglan. Lol

QH finally getting approval for the marriage of Minglan from his mother. I can’t blame him now that he will be sentimental when he speaks to Minglan again. He was a minute too late. Can’t imagine his face when he sees she got married to GTY already. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

You must remember ml was a master og disguise. Even grandma said that she was excellent in controlling her composure. Thus, she may just concealher real feeling knowing that there is nothing she can do. 

Or that^ or.... she might given up the idea of getting married, she mention it a few times to people (grandma, da niang, hualan, sis in law), she doesn't need to get married, she just want to stay with grandma (and her loyal servants) live peacefully.

I really want to see the episode where ML's looks so happy on her wedding day, what makes her so happy, don't trust trailer, most of the time, it misleads us -_-

• Like 4

I kinda pity Sheng Hong. Finding out about Rulan & her sweetheart so soon after the thing with Molan...he will be having deja vu tomorrow 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I kinda pity Sheng Hong. Finding out about Rulan & her sweetheart so soon after the thing with Molan...he will be having deja vu tomorrow 

That’s why CB reaction was funny just as Sheng Hong screaming finding Molan, but I wouldn’t say he was overreacting. Like damn can’t this family get a break. :lol: But at least this guy is someone Sheng Hong is fond of, just would need time getting Big Madam approval.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

I'm not sure but I think the drama never showed how Grandma negotiated for the marriage. In which part was the dowry thing mentioned?

@linhlinh111She did not actually say "dowry". At first granny said that Molan should be beaten to death and their reputation will be recovered as a "strict family", then when the sisters in law went to inform Molan, she said then 2 people will die and said grandma is the daughter of a marquis and has some say in the palace, and the girls informed granny at which point Big Madam went hysterical. Grandma then said "stop crying" at 39:19 "children's debts, if I can't clear it, I can't die". At 18:04 argument between Hong and Linniang, where Hong said that the Liangs are not accepting Molan, Linniang said give them a dowry. Hong asked with what dowry, they are the wealthiest family in all of Bianjian, even if you give them all the property and shops that I gave you that will not even cover one bit of it. Linniang said, but her legal mother and grandmother can contribute.....and Hong lost it. So, from those conversations, I presumed that grandma has to have something to clear the debts.

Maybe I am wrong. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

@linhlinh111She did not actually say "dowry". At first granny said that Molan should be beaten to death and their reputation will be recovered as a "strict family", then when the sisters in law went to inform Molan, she said then 2 people will die and said grandma is the daughter of a marquis and has some say in the palace, and the girls informed granny at which point Big Madam went hysterical. Grandma then said "stop crying" at 39:19 "children's debts, if I can't clear it, I can't die". At 18:04 argument between Hong and Linniang, where Hong said that the Liangs are not accepting Molan, Linniang said give them a dowry. Hong asked with what dowry, they are the wealthiest family in all of Bianjian, even if you give them all the property and shops that I gave you that will not even cover one bit of it. Linniang said, but her legal mother and grandmother can contribute.....and Hong lost it. So, from those conversations, I presumed that grandma has to have something to clear the debts.

Maybe I am wrong. 

I dont think Grandma used money must have just been her powerful word's that family is already rich i dont think money would have stopped her going after ML.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Just like everyone else, Sheng Hong is a product of his experiences and it’s a pity he let the past determine how his household was run only realizing too late the lessons grandma tried to teach him. In trying to not repeat the wrong done to him and his mother in the past, he messed up the order of his household and actually repeated his father’s mistake of allowing his concubine to step over the main wife (it’s hard to imagine grandma going through something similar to Daniang, but with a more dignified personality). 

I kinda pity both Sheng Hong and Daniang but also find their interactions as a couple comical sometimes. Sheng Hong’s expressions when he tries to pacify Daniang with empty words, gives up and starts grumbling is funny. Or when Daniang tries to be nice but isn’t doing it right. That one bedroom scene where we actually see her husband come to her bed instead of getting his foot washed and she looked so excited but he was just trying to get her to take Molan/ML to MadamnWu’s function. The scene about GTY’s proposal and I know it’s supposed to be a solemn time with Molan’s marriage but I busted out laughing at their fake smiles when they had to go out and face the guests. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont think Grandma used money must have just been her powerful word's that family is already rich i dont think money would have stopped her going after ML.

I just thought that women marrying at that time will have dowry to bring to the marriage, I was just following Sheng Hong and Linniang's logic. For them to accept give big dowry. It is not about the money but about family honor. But since dowry was not really mentioned, it could have been something else other than dowry that granny offered tit for tat, since it was a negotiation. But what granny negotiated with, is unknown or not said.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, xxLynnxx said:

This is the full trailer others and I have been mentioning regards to fight(s) of GTY and ML after marriage and QH/ML meeting. Since the scenes are from various events in different orders, it is misgiving. The woman GTY is seen drinking with is the famous entertainer of one of the famous brothels (she was one of two women seen accompanying GTY at the first Polo match, the one who suggested Yanran to GTY for having nice temperament ). I do not think ML was there or seen him drinking with that entertainer. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Maybe I am wrong. 

I may be wrong but I think in the drama Madame Wu relented because by going over to the Liang’s, grandma was putting pride aside and loosing face since she’s actually very respected elder due to her background and reputation even though she married down.  I kind of got that from her statement where she said “I will stake this old face out there and make the trip”.  If an elder like grandma put aside her pride to make the request, it then puts Madame Wu in a position of being cruel if she were to reject? At least that’s what I’ve learned from my very traditional grandparents a long time ago. If it was anyone else, it wouldn’t have worked and money doesn’t matter since the Liangs are one of the richest families in town. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Just like everyone else, Sheng Hong is a product of his experiences and it’s a pity he let the past determine how his household was run only realizing too late the lessons grandma tried to teach him. In trying to not repeat the wrong done to him and his mother in the past, he messed up the order of his household and actually repeated his father’s mistake of allowing his concubine to step over the main wife (it’s hard to imagine grandma going through something similar to Daniang, but with a more dignified personality). 

I kinda pity both Sheng Hong and Daniang but also find their interactions as a couple comical sometimes. Sheng Hong’s expressions when he tries to pacify Daniang with empty words, gives up and starts grumbling is funny. Or when Daniang tries to be nice but isn’t doing it right. That one bedroom scene where we actually see her husband come to her bed instead of getting his foot washed and she looked so excited but he was just trying to get her to take Molan/ML to MadamnWu’s function. The scene about GTY’s proposal and I know it’s supposed to be a solemn time with Molan’s marriage but I busted out laughing at their fake smiles when they had to go out and face the guests. 

Those fake smiles were hilarious

9 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I just thought that women marrying at that time will have dowry to bring to the marriage, I was just following Sheng Hong and Linniang's logic. For them to accept give big dowry. It is not about the money but about family honor. But since dowry was not really mentioned, it could have been something else other than dowry that granny offered tit for tat, since it was a negotiation. But what granny negotiated with, is unknown or not said.

I don’t think the ‘debt’ they mentioned was literal. It was more like she is doing her duty as a grandmother even when she doesn’t need to because she is the grandmother & to save the other 3 granddaughters. Grandma probably used one of her war strategems & convinced Mama Liang

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Episode 33: my fave scene was the conversation between Granny and ML when ML confessed that she planned everything, it gave me the chills and as well as made me cry. The actress playing the character of granny, forgive me I don't know her name, but she is masterful. Her intonation, her pitch and expressions are on point. I love her. 

• Like 7