Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

was really excited for this until they announced Feng Shaofeng... but I hear that his character actually doesn't feature that prominently in the book (and also he doesn't really fit the character so why cast him)? Hopefully thats the case...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SyntaxError said:

was really excited for this until they announced Feng Shaofeng... but I hear that his character actually doesn't feature that prominently in the book (and also he doesn't really fit the character so why cast him)? Hopefully thats the case...

I think the author of the book liked him for the role and he kind of fits the age group. He is known but not super popular right now so they probably didnt pay him a ridiculous amount. I saw some of the other guys being mentioned as possible leads and he is the most popular. 

I wanted someone more rugged but I think I am okay with FSF after some of the stills.  

• Like 4

More BTS

They said, "the groom cannot see the bride's face so she secretly has to disguised as an eunuch"

26904763_1570727599630590_6608166527714426908020_1570727669630583_2392964365041727072630_1570733616296655_77371070838573

cr weibo as labelled

• Like 4

On 1/20/2018 at 7:58 AM, SyntaxError said:

I don't really watch his film but  I hope they have great chemistry!!! 

Is Zhu Yilong in this? Yay! But he's not the male lead... sadly.

I don't mind FSF but not as the male lead. He always seems awkward in romantic scenes. He was great in Detective Dee and the Sea Dragon as the energetic head of Da Li Shi but as a romantic lead... hmmm...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is Zhu Yilong in this? Yay! But he's not the male lead... sadly.

I don't mind FSF but not as the male lead. He always seems awkward in romantic scenes. He was great in Detective Dee and the Sea Dragon as the energetic head of Da Li Shi but as a romantic lead... hmmm...

I haven't finished any of his dramas. The bits I saw I wasn't feeling his romantic mood but I think for the most part he is not suppose to be likable and romantic. I think  Zhu Yilong is playing the more likable character but it doesnt work out. If it was up to me I would have casted Wallace Chung because I am biased, he is the best male romantic lead in my eyes. :wub:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

I haven't finished any of his dramas. The bits I saw I wasn't feeling his romantic mood but I think for the most part he is not suppose to be likable and romantic. I think  Zhu Yilong is playing the more likable character but it doesnt work out. If it was up to me I would have casted Wallace Chung because I am biased, he is the best male romantic lead in my eyes. :wub:

Well yeah... Wallace Chung is an experienced top notch actor who throws himself into romantic scenes like nobody else does. :wink: I wouldn't have minded Zhang Han though... he can play a scumbag well enough. :DAnyway it's all moot now. The characters have been cast. Not sure if I will be watching it when it airs... 75 episodes is too long for a show of this nature. Might be best for me to wait for the whole thing to be done and dusted before watching it. 

Zhu Yilong does tortured brooding males superbly though.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well yeah... Wallace Chung is an experienced top notch actor who throws himself into romantic scenes like nobody else does. :wink: I wouldn't have minded Zhang Han though... he can play a scumbag well enough. :DAnyway it's all moot now. The characters have been cast. Not sure if I will be watching it when it airs... 75 episodes is too long for a show of this nature. Might be best for me to wait for the whole thing to be done and dusted before watching it. 

I read some chapters from the novel and I think I can like it if they do it well. But it will be a bit slow at first. So far I am really excited plus Daylight productions are always top notch. 

No use but I always mourn the fact that Wallace Chung has yet to do a drama with Zhao Liying. </3

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

At least with so many episodes, you know that they'll have plenty of time to give this show a good ending.

• Like 1

btw guys filming must be in the last two months because I am seeing news of the male leads taking other projects. I think it was set to be 6 months total and it started filming around mid to late September (?). It will probably wrap up early March at the latest. 

46 minutes ago, rampantwolfhound said:

At least with so many episodes, you know that they'll have plenty of time to give this show a good ending.

I really hope so, side eyes Princess Agents and Tribes and Empires. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Tongue firmly in cheek? :wink:

I could say way too much about this, but I'll just ask you to fantasize about how many "brooding YX" scenes they could've fit into 7 additional episodes of PA and leave it at that:D. Hopefully this one will give us a more satisfying ending. (Which it should, since the bar is so low.)

• Like 2

006FsDz9ly1fnrjlxaj4zj33h01mx4qu.jpg

006ATD14ly1fnrx9hz0d1j30mn0rswig.jpg

006ATD14ly1fnrx9ith08j30qo1ben0u.jpg

Child actress Tao Yi Xi, who is playing little Mo Lan (MingLan's rival)

Minglan is the third one on that row. 

005NxzFmly1fnrjqxk08hj30ku112tdl.jpg

similar hairstyle

I also read a comment that says it is following the book in that it said that Minglan was getting hit directly by the sun. The level of detail. :blush:

Zhu Yilong bts

a16e4a8fly1fnrokxwvhtj211b0q4hdt.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fnrokwk5jbj21400u0mzi.jpg

• Like 4