Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

24 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@hello210    I too find it funny, love the way GTY knows how to get under her skin. Make her forget where she is and fight back. ZYL looks so cute when she argued wth him in public. Everyone saw her and yet she trie to hide behind the wall. lol lol 

@m0us3y I agree ML is her own woman, intelligent  but she decided  at her mother's deathbed to not STAND OUT.  She is following her mother's wisdom so her life can be peaceful. She understands that she only has grandmother ( not her biological grandma) by her side that is why she is so careful. 

@UnniSarah I think U meant ZLY? Theres ZLY, and then there's ZYL in this show. :wacko:

Gets me confused sometimes. Hehehe

Good point there on her to not stand out. In fact, didn't the mom made her promise to lay low and live a peaceful life?? 

She sure lives up to her promise and commitment as we can see she hardly say much (except to the granny). 

But that didn't stop her from continuing to learn, and take each opportunity as they come, from going to Scholar Zhuang (I hope I got the teacher's name right) classes to learning from Momo, beyond what she seems to be teaching of tea brewing and flower arrangements. Instead it's always the underlying and not so obvious lessons from Momo. While everyone was caught up about getting told off and getting punished, she saw how Momo handled the whole situation beautifully that it leaves no room for anyone to even protest! 

But I agree. I think she's also laying low to not give so much trouble for granny. 

Nonetheless, when it really matters, she has shown that she's willing to go the distance and do everything necessary and not give up until the very end. Just seeing how she fought tooth and nail so that yanran could win the mom's hairpin back. 

• Like 6

Thank you for the explanation of the 36 Stratagems.

I agree that Minglan would have been fine even if married to QH and He. But since life is long and sometimes hard, the best choice is the one that gets you most. Minglan was very practical so she never dreamed of QH even if she was infatuated and was satisfied with He. She didnt dream of love but of being safe. This is why she would have never picked GTY, he wasnt the safe choice.( also she wasnt infatuated as with QH). 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I think U meant ZLY? Theres ZLY, and then there's ZYL in this show. :wacko:

Gets me confused sometimes. Hehehe

Thanks for helping me @m0us3y . I fixed my post. I really have a hard time remembering Chinese names

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, m0us3y said:

I would disagree @leeza77 !! :D

I guess in that context though, it's meant to be ZLY, and not ZYL. 

Ha ha .. This is a general statement. Nothing to do with any context. Just took the opportunity tu praise zly n zyl. 

• Like 4

It's been a really enjoyable show so far. I've been a lurker for a bit here but decided to join in ^^ 

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously but has anyone noticed that the actress (Shi Shi) who plays Molan is also the Empress in Ever Night? So surprised since the characters are so different and didn't even notice at first. :lol:

Or maybe I'm just late to the game and everyone knows already. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, hello210 said:

I think she would have all three men in the putty of her hands if she wanted. The Doc is mild mannered, QH is beyond infatuated, and GTY is actually very loving too. Being the main wife or favored concubine makes you a target. And also in the case of QH, anyone that comes between Princess mama and her boy’s potential can be a target. The lessons she learns would help her manage the politics of a large household.

Yes ML is basically a gem, especially considering how catty and full of evil tricks most of the noble women in that era are

• Like 4

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Can someone explain why Ming Lan calls GTY second uncle? I’m confused since as far as I can tell they are not related. Maybe very distantly?( But that would be really icky).

He’s a second uncle to QH in terms of family generation, so everyone also calls him that way (the sheng girls, started by molan who wanted to put a generational distance with GTY as she deems him unworthy and scared of attracting him)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Tonight episodes very sad and happy. Sad for GTY who lost his father. Happy that he realized the stepmother manniang were evil women. Tomorrow night another interesting episodes. QH's mother was very cunning woman. He put a block to QH's love permanently. QH cried. Ohh.. Ershu saved minglan for the 2nd time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tonight episodes very sad and happy. Sad for GTY who lost his father. Happy that he realized the stepmother manniang were evil women. Tomorrow night another interesting episodes. QH's mother was very cunning woman. He put a block to QH's love permanently. QH cried. 

Thought she agreed to sent marriage match maker with wedding gifts to ML house? And QH was super hapoy

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Thought she agreed to sent marriage match maker with wedding gifts to ML house? And QH was super hapoy

Spoiler

Not wedding gift but a gift as a brother to sister. Keke to meme (brother to sister) . So QH and minglan were a brother and sister.. Very cunning. Pity QH. U can see his surprise face. He's going to cry

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Tonight episodes very sad and happy. Sad for GTY who lost his father. Happy that he realized the stepmother manniang were evil women. Tomorrow night another interesting episodes. QH's mother was very cunning woman. He put a block to QH's love permanently. QH cried. Ohh.. Ershu saved minglan for the 2nd time. 

It seems the episodes are fast-paced now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not wedding gift but a gift as a brother to sister. Keke to meme (brother to sister) . So QH and minglan were a brother and sister.. Very cunning. Pity QH. U can see his surprise face. He's going to cry

I cry for him too. His mom is too horrible for a MIL. Hé can never marry a none he loves ... only those girls his mom deem fit. So sad. If only the mom is open, she would love ML and see all her good qualities and ML has so much to offer to the household and QH. ML would literally help QH to further his career.

• Like 4