[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

56 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I like GTY a lot to be honest. I feel bad for his circumstances and he seems like a great guy just misunderstood.

GH is sweet but lacks backbone imo.

Yeah, GTY’s character hooked me from the beginning with the pitch-pot challenge and how he helped Xiao ML with getting the doctor. Kid had to fight the servants...darn Concubine Lin. Loved it when ML was like 2nd Brother is with 2nd Uncle? Good...even if 2nd Brother doesn’t have the people, 2nd Uncle can handle it...and she said it without hesitation. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Loved it when ML was like 2nd Brother is with 2nd Uncle? Good...even if 2nd Brother doesn’t have the people, 2nd Uncle can handle it...and she said it without hesitation. 

I agree. It shows that even now she trusts him at a certain level.  

51 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I agree. It shows that even now she trusts him at a certain level.  

@fra8..... She does trust him and knows he is smart. After all in the drama he helped get the physician to help her mom. 

11 hours ago, zenya22 said:

episode 14: Sheng Hong just found out that Big Madam is a loan shark and concubine is a thief and embezzler. Poor Minister Sheng

Sadly @zenya22 .... I knew the Sheng Hong is still a dumb man. He is still  spending the night with Concubine Li even knowing she isn’t trust worthy. But at least he doesn’t completely trust her now.

Spoiler

I am so loving  episode 17.  Sheng Chang Feng was caught red handed talking to one of Ming Lan’s New maid. Ming Lan purposely made sure they got caught. Lol Lol  she is so smart.

I can’t believe that Sheng Hong punished Ming Lang. I also saw a shadow outside her room. I wonder will we ever find out who was there spying on her. 

bXOZFhXTq65T7wMYbLglWtRXWWkMksoOuayKTWbr

I also wonder will they ever let us see the (Fox) who lied to Gu Ting Yu. We never saw the persons face but I believe it is  LITTLE MDM QUIN (his ain’t), that little witch. She did a great job having the father hate the son. Every time she says good things about the son, it only makes the father hate him even more. I really wish the father would come to regret Hating his son ( accomplish). 

I HAVE MAJOR  QUESTIONS FRIENDS PLEASE HELP ME  

Do I have it right??? Status of where these maids come from???? Damn these maids need to be put on a chain...... 

7oy3wOmka-6ZaSIVRta63Yz2soQ_aInqBpd0J4Ni

I just watched Episode 17 where that shameless hussy came to Minglan's friend's house to cause a ruckus and causing her grandma to fall sick.  She was just so hateful and fake.  No shame at all and I am wondering how GTY did not see this.  I wish he could so he knows exactly what kind of person Man Niang is.  I feel like slapping her hard and she is even worst than Mo Lan.

4 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Manniang's true face will be exposed tonight. Can't wait to see manniang's performance tobextricste herself from ershu wrath. Lots and lots of groveling, more lies and do not forget crocodiles tears. B)

Thanks for the info @leeza77

4 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Manniang's true face will be exposed tonight. Can't wait to see manniang's performance tobextricste herself from ershu wrath. Lots and lots of groveling, more lies and do not forget crocodiles tears. B)

omg really?! so he will know discover everything about her tonighttt? 

6 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

omg really?! so he will know discover everything about her tonighttt? 

Spoiler

First, ML told him about manniang visit to her friend house. Ohh.. During the fight with ML ershu said maybe i just marry you. And ML retorted i will not marry you eventhough i will become a nun. Maybe this the starting point where ershu thinking of marrying ML. (Notes: this dialoques were improvised by zly&fsf on the sport and it was better and more real than the original script) 

2nd, the nanny told him about manniang pawned her jewelleries. Then ershu confronted manniang. 

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

First, ML told him about manniang visit to her friend house. 2nd, the nanny told him about manniang pawn her jewelleries. Then ershu confronted manniang. 

letsss goo Minglan and Nanny !! so when he confronted her, did she admit it then?  That will the scene where he said to Manniang that don't she only wanted to be his main wife?

28 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Gahhhhhh, those crocodile tears dried up like a tap.  On and off.......I really wanted to smack her the way she shouted and caused problems........Anyway, I am enjoying the drama a lot :)  Good weekend everyone.

About Qi Heng:

In the book, QH is the one character that I regret most. I disagree to some pp saying that he's a 'wet blanket' or he doesn't fight hard enough for ML. The point is that he is in a situation where he's not allowed to fight, unlike GTY (He doesn't have to fight much to marry ML). GTY grows up in a family where no one loves him and everybody is bullying or taking advantageous of him, so he has a valid reason to be rebellious, and he doesn't have the responsibility to marry for the family. QH, on the other hand, receives all the love and caring from his parent. This is his blessing but also his curse, because when his family ask him to give back, he is responsible to do so, not because he can't be independent without his status. It would be extremely selfish of him to abandon his family to be with ML, as his parents love him so much. His 'baggage' is much more heavier than GTY, he's in a situation he cannot escape. 

Spoiler

In the book, he marries 3 time (all arranged marriages). He never has a mistress and is a responsible faithful husband to all of his wives. But the first 2 dies early without producing an heir, the third one also dies early after giving him 2 sons. He never marries again, lives alone raising his children himself (which is extremely rare at the time due to his status). When he is old, he comes to visit Sheng Chengbai (ML's brother) and see a little girl resembling ML very much. That girl is Chengbai's granddaughter and also a daughter from a concubine. He asks Chengbai to marry her off to one of his grandson. He would watch them happily married with a few children, then he dies of old age, holding the gifts that ML gave him. 

So QH is never less of a man than GTY, and he loves ML just as much for all his life. He is just not the suitable one. He gives up on ML to take the responsibility he has to take. Later in marriage when GTY get jealous, ML tells him she does not love QH, but she would always feel guilty towards him, as he has loved her with all his heart, and he was ready to fight to marry her, but she selfishly reject him because she wasn't ready to face the storm to be with him.

In a context where all characters from both sides have their own calculations (even the 2 mains), he is the only one who is pure, gentle, kind and never shows any dark side in his heart, and not because he is protected too well (as he encounters hardship later in life) but because he chooses to be such and he remains so till the end. It's also the reason why I love him so much. He is a lovable all-good yet tragic character. In the end everyone has a happy ending except him. I think the author wants to leave a lingering regret in the readers, and he is the unlucky chosen victim.

7 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

About Qi Heng:

In the book, QH is the one character that I regret most. I disagree to some pp saying that he's a 'wet blanket' or he doesn't fight hard enough for ML. The point is that he is in a situation where he's not allowed to fight, unlike GTY (He doesn't have to fight much to marry ML). GTY grows up in a family where no one loves him and everybody is bullying or taking advantageous of him, so he has a valid reason to be rebellious, and he doesn't have the responsibility to marry for the family. QH, on the other hand, receives all the love and caring from his parent. This is his blessing but also his curse, because when his family ask him to give back, he is responsible to do so, not because he can't be independent without his status. It would be extremely selfish of him to abandon his family to be with ML, as his parents love him so much. His 'baggage' is much more heavier than GTY, he's in a situation he cannot escape. 

Reveal hidden contents

In the book, he marries 3 time (all arranged marriages). He never has a mistress and is a responsible faithful husband to all of his wives. But the first 2 dies early without producing an heir, the third one also dies early after giving him 2 sons. He never marries again, lives alone raising his children himself (which is extremely rare at the time due to his status). When he is old, he comes to visit Sheng Chengbai (ML's brother) and see a little girl resembling ML very much. That girl is Chengbai's granddaughter and also a daughter from a concubine. He asks Chengbai to marry her off to one of his grandson. He would watch them happily married with a few children, then he dies of old age, holding the gifts that ML gave him. 

So QH is never less of a man than GTY, and he loves ML just as much for all his life. He is just not the suitable one. He gives up on ML to take the responsibility he has to take. Later in marriage when GTY get jealous, ML tells him she does not love QH, but she would always feel guilty towards him, as he has loved her with all his heart, and he was ready to fight to marry her, but she selfishly reject him because she wasn't ready to face the storm to be with him.

In a context where all characters from both sides have their own calculations (even the 2 mains), he is the only one who is pure, gentle, kind and never shows any dark side in his heart, and not because he is protected too well (as he encounters hardship later in life) but because he chooses to be such and he remains so till the end. It's also the reason why I love him so much. He is a lovable all-good yet tragic character. In the end everyone has a happy ending except him. I think the author wants to leave a lingering regret in the readers, and he is the unlucky chosen victim.

Spoiler

ML also did not want to marry GTY at first, but that did not falter Gty. He used every means and persuasion to change minglan's mind and devised a situation  to force sheng family to agree to marry ML to him. In turn of effort GTY's efforts were more that QH. As fsf pointed out during the press con, the lesson from the drama to QH, if you really like someone, get her quickly. QH' s efforts was not enough, thus he lost. The best man wins. 

20 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ML also did not want to marry GTY at first, but that did not falter Gty. He used every means and persuasion to change minglan's mind and devised a situation  to force sheng family to agree to marry ML to him. In turn of effort GTY's efforts were more that QH. As fsf pointed out during the press con, the lesson from the drama to QH, if you really like someone, get her quickly. QH' s efforts was not enough, thus he lost. The best man wins. 

That's why I said he's not the suitable one for ML. He is a different type of character than GTY. He is a noble gentleman and would never use tricks to get ML like GTY (not saying GTY's way is wrong, just different). He would never force ppl against their will to fullfill his own pleasure, as it's not his way of doing things. This is not about who wins. I just want to prove that he is an extremely good person and he loves ML just as much as GTY. He is just not the right man and could not give her what she wants. He also knows that ML could not be happy with him, that's why when ML's about to get married to GTY, he tells her that GTY is a good man and wish her a happy carefree life. All his life he never once wrongs anyone, and it's exactly why he's miserable. There are many kinds of love, and his kind is not the 'main character's type'. But the fact that he gives up on ML doesn't mean that he doesn't love her enough. I really want him to get over ML later and love someone else, but he ends up alone, loving her till he dies. The author is just too cruel to him, he should have gotten the happy ending he deserves.

3 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

That's why I said he's not the suitable one for ML. He is a different type of character than GTY. He is a noble gentleman and would never use tricks to get ML like GTY (not saying GTY's way is wrong, just different). He would never force ppl against their will to fullfill his own pleasure, as it's not his way of doing things. This is not about who wins. I just want to prove that he is an extremely good person and he loves ML just as much as GTY. He is just not the right man and could not give her what she wants. He also knows that ML could not be happy with him, that's why when ML's about to get married to GTY, he tells her that GTY is a good man and wish her a happy carefree life. All his life he never once wrongs anyone, and it's exactly why he's miserable. There are many kinds of love, and his kind is not the 'main character's type'. But the fact that he gives up on ML doesn't mean that he doesn't love her enough. I really want him to get over ML later and love someone else, but he ends up alone, loving her till he dies. The author is just too cruel to him, he should have gotten the happy ending he deserves.

OMG , I got tears in my eyes just reading this, the poor guy...i guess the author is trying to make us understand sometimes time doesn't always heal, in this case, his love will never dies :bawling:.

48 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Spoiler

Maybe the ending for QH will be different in the drama. If you love someone, let her be happy even if the person who made her happy is not you. 

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@fra8..... She does trust him and knows he is smart. After all in the drama he helped get the physician to help her mom. 

Sadly @zenya22 .... I knew the Sheng Hong is still a dumb man. He is still  spending the night with Concubine Li even knowing she isn’t trust worthy. But at least he doesn’t completely trust her now.

Reveal hidden contents

I am so loving  episode 17.  Sheng Chang Feng was caught red handed talking to one of Ming Lan’s New maid. Ming Lan purposely made sure they got caught. Lol Lol  she is so smart.

I can’t believe that Sheng Hong punished Ming Lang. I also saw a shadow outside her room. I wonder will we ever find out who was there spying on her. 

bXOZFhXTq65T7wMYbLglWtRXWWkMksoOuayKTWbr

I also wonder will they ever let us see the (Fox) who lied to Gu Ting Yu. We never saw the persons face but I believe it is  LITTLE MDM QUIN (his ain’t), that little witch. She did a great job having the father hate the son. Every time she says good things about the son, it only makes the father hate him even more. I really wish the father would come to regret Hating his son ( accomplish). 

I HAVE MAJOR  QUESTIONS FRIENDS PLEASE HELP ME  

Do I have it right??? Status of where these maids come from???? Damn these maids need to be put on a chain...... 

Im not sure if she remembers that he helped get the doctor to her mum does she? 

Just finished watching ep 16 with subs. Really invigorating. Zly once had an accident with horse during a filming and she kind of fear of horses since the. Glad that she has overcome it.

Spoiler

The funny dialogue between QH and his servant. His servant said when Minglan rode the horse skilfully "she tricked you again". And QH replied"she tricked me again.... And again". Lol. Gty replied to his lady bird when the lady bird"the sheng young miss lives like a sun" was"you don't know her, her live is very hard". Then Gty purposely loss to Minglan as he knew that Yanran (Minglan's friend really wanted the hairpan) and Minglan desperately wanted to win the hairpin for Yanran. 

Archived