Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Ep 14 is so good.

The grandmother is so wise n smart. ML is also very smart. She told her servants - don't worry ... soon, many will automatically showed up at our doorstep. She is so smart at tricking concubine by saying those things to 4th sister knowing that 4th sister will carry words to Concubine.

I love how she rebutt Mo Lan (4th sister) when they go greet DaNiang (1st wife). RL (5th sister) so cute ... turned around n said to ML "Oh now then you wake up". :lol:

Can't wait for Ep 15.

ML cannot marry QH. Though he loves and treasure ML very much, he can never override his mom. So if ML marries him, she will suffer under her MIL. GTY truly understands ML intelligence sInce he already seen it when she was small. Hence he likes to egg her on n ruffles her feathers now and then. When the teacher asked her for her opinion and she refused to answer, he egg her on. QH told GTY to stop teasing her and making her in difficult situation.  GTY reply to QH was "Don't worry.  She can handle it and hold her fort." 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, lxands said:

Just to be sure, when & once he started to like/court Minglan, both women are already out of the picture, right? Ok , the wife died which is why he's looking for another wife but what abt the mistress? Did she die too?

The mistress was still alive. But he found out she lied to him and manipulated him. So when he started his plan to marry Minglan, he disliked her already

Edited by fra8
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lxands said:

Just to be sure, when & once he started to like/court Minglan, both women are already out of the picture, right? Ok , the wife died which is why he's looking for another wife but what abt the mistress? Did she die too?

The wife has already passed away when he started to like minglan. Whilst manniang remained as his concubine. And minglan found out, the reason why the wife was dead due to the manipulation of the evil stepmother (. He started to realize that minglan has griwn up and become a beautiful woman when he came back for his father funeral. Minglan advised to stop wandering. Then when he save minglan from bandits after that, he keep on reminscing on the encounter abd remembered a pair of wide bright eyes of minglan. At that time, he started to calculate and planned on how to marry Minglan. The custom and tradition prohibited him from marrying minglan as minglan was not born out of a main wife. Thus, he offer to marry Rulan when he knew very well that Rulan has already had a sweetheart. Thus when Rulan was caught meeting with her sweetheart, gty offer to substitute rulan with minglan. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The wife has already passed away when he started to like minglan. Whilst manniang remained as his concubine. And minglan found out, the reason why the wife was dead due to the manipulation of the evil stepmother (. He started to realize that minglan has griwn up and become a beautiful woman when he came back for his father funeral. Minglan advised to stop wandering. Then when he save minglan from bandits after that, he keep on reminscing on the encounter abd remembered a pair of wide bright eyes of minglan. At that time, he started to calculate and planned on how to marry Minglan. The custom and tradition prohibited him from marrying minglan as minglan was not born out of a main wife. Thus, he offer to marry Rulan when he knew very well that Rulan has already had a sweetheart. Thus when Rulan was caught meeting with her sweetheart, gty offer to substitute rulan with minglan. 

From reading here and there i dont know how i will find their love lovely...

But saw some little clips of them and it looks pretty lovely too..but like idk how to feel about it???

• Like 2

Just now, bulubulu said:

From reading here and there i dont know how i will find their love lovely...

But saw some little clips of them and it looks pretty lovely too..but like idk how to feel about it???

I was worried too when I started to read the book for the same reason. However, I loved them. It was very clear he adored Minglan. And the clips are really lovely as you say so I imagine I will love them even in the drama.

It's just a different period, it was common to have other women. But he never had other women after Minglan.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I was worried too when I started to read the book for the same reason. However, I loved them. It was very clear he adored Minglan. And the clips are really lovely as you say so I imagine I will love them even in the drama.

It's just a different period, it was common to have other women. But he never had other women after Minglan.

Gty adored minglan. He knew that minglan was depressed and suffering as she has to hide her true nature. He gives minglan an opportunity to be her true self. To be the leader among the womem whilst he will be the leader among the man. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty adored minglan. He knew that minglan was depressed and suffering as she has to hide her true nature. He gives minglan an opportunity to be her true self. To be the leader among the womem whilst he will be the leader among the man. 

Yea i know Gu Tingy truely love Minglan. I could careless about the women he had before Minglan. I still like them to be together. 

• Like 5

I don't seem to find any info on GTY's wife....nothing on the drama page....so maybe she's not included in the drama. I think she was erased like ML's younger brother. 

Anyways GTY did prove to be a very good and faithful husband. He never looked at other women even though few were thrown at him from ML's own family....Da Niang, I think.  

• Like 2

In the first 2 epis as children, GTY already knew ML's spirit, he knew she would go to the extreme in desperate situations eg. as in the case with her mom dying..

I'm actually waiting anxiously for him to start noticing her and i mean really take  NOTICE, i guess in epi 16 with the horse polo game and with his challenge and she accepted, he will start to notice or remembers her as the same kid that had challenged him?

• Like 8

This show should be called 'How to play your man like a musical instrument':lol:. Literally all men in the drama are getting played by the women in their lives...mother, wife, concubine, daughter...except for ChengBai

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

22 minutes ago, dito said:

I don't seem to find any info on GTY's wife....nothing on the drama page....so maybe she's not included in the drama. I think she was erased like ML's younger brother. 

Anyways GTY did prove to be a very good and faithful husband. He never looked at other women even though few were thrown at him from ML's own family....Da Niang, I think.  

Oh yeahh!! I really hope that wife isnt included!

• Like 1

Just saw preview for eps 17 & 18 Gu Tingy's father is gone..

I hope Gu Tingy find out how bad his mistress is asap

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

me too! I like the build up but I can't wait for the beginning of GTY and Ming lan's  interaction.

I wonder how the show will deal wth the doctor.

Edited by fra8
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

And his step mother...I don't think he knows yet that she's the one who turned his brother and father against him.

• Like 2

@lxands I haven't started watching the drama but i've read some novel spoilers. Not 100% sure if i remember correctly. Pretty big spoiler if i remember correctly, so be warned.

Spoiler

GTY already knew what kind of person his concubine was when he married Minglan. But she already had given birth to his twins(boy and girl). GTY has neglected them if im correct and Minglan ends up looking after the girl while the son is manipulated by the concubine. In the end the little girl sides with ML if im correct.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow.. Minglan's fight with Gty over misunderstanding tht minglan cause her friend to reject's Gty's proposal of marriage whilst in fact, the girl didn't want to marry gty because of his reputation and manniang's interference. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Oh yeahh!! I really hope that wife isnt included!

She’s listed on the Wikipedia page with the actress listed but her part should be like a blip.

21 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Reveal hidden contents

GTY already knew what kind of person his concubine was when he married Minglan. But she already had given birth to his twins(boy and girl). GTY has neglected them if im correct and Minglan ends up looking after the girl while the son is manipulated by the concubine. In the end the little girl sides with ML if im correct.

Spoiler

I think someone said that ML was the one to open GTY’s eyes about his mistress. By the time he marries ML, the little girl is being cared for by the nanny/maids or something while the mistress tries to use the boy to get close to GTY, but it doesn’t work since he already knows. He just hadn’t kicked her out because of the kids until she tries to harm ML.

2 hours ago, dito said:

This show should be called 'How to play your man like a musical instrument':lol:. Literally all men in the drama are getting played by the women in their lives...mother, wife, concubine, daughter...except for ChengBai

Perfect description. It’s funny but though on the surface, men run things, we can see from dramas like this that women pull many of the strings in the background. Even in NIF, the Emperor could be easily manipulated by his wife and concubines. 

• Like 2

GTY’s mistress is ridiculous with her use of the kids. I think that’s what annoys me the most about dramas (Chinese, Thai, and Korean ones), children are always used as pawns. Even though GTY is rebellious, he’s still proud and ambitious. He knows his status and won’t marry her so the only way for her to get into his household is as a concubine once he is married. For someone who’s trying to marry into status, she’s not very smart on that part when she tried to worm her way in by getting caught by his father.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

@lxands I haven't started watching the drama but i've read some novel spoilers. Not 100% sure if i remember correctly. Pretty big spoiler if i remember correctly, so be warned.

Reveal hidden contents

So meaning to say

Spoiler

After ML marries GTY, MN still lives with them? What abt GTY, altho he already knows MN true colors did he still sleeps with her? If so then after married ML still has to deal with another concubine Lin

Thanks...I'm sure despite not being the only one in GTY's life, their chemistry & relationship is not lacking with sweetness. Afterall now we know for sure what he felt for MN is just superficial as he was tricked into being with her with pity & compassion, also perhaps her clingy ways on young, lonely & rebellious GTY, but with ML, his feeling for her is sincere with admiration & friendship slowly building up thru times.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lxands said:

So meaning to say

Reveal hidden contents

After ML marries GTY, MN still lives with them? What abt GTY, altho he already knows MN true colors did he still sleeps with her? If so then after married ML still has to deal with another concubine Lin

Spoiler

From my understanding, he doesn’t sleep with anyone else but ML. MN is only there cause of the kids, but when she tries to harm ML, GTY bans her from the city or something like that.

• Thanks 1