Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

9 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty has to go through bitter experience with manniang's deception and the death of his father. This experiences shaped him to be a better man that worthy of minglan. He transformed into a good person after listening to Minglan's advise after the death of his father. So, i guess several episodes will it takes to come to the starting point of relationship between gty ang minglan. 

Oh i see. Gu Tingy was never a bad person tho?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Oh i see. Gu Tingy was never a bad person tho?

He is not a bad person, just a naughty one. Didn't think about his future. Just playing around. Rebellious against his father. The typical attitude of a young master with no responsibility. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, hello210 said:

GTY’s stepmom and his mistress have the same tone of voice when they talk which for me is really annoying but it is also representative of their fake gentleness.

Well said @hello210.... Thanks for making. It’s of that. Once you said that I can clearly remember hearing speak in the same tone. It was good to see GTY has a better understanding of the Sheng sibling dynamics. QH is a sweet guy and thinks he can protect her but we all know he can’t do it because it isn’t his place or things will get even more difficult for her. ML tried in the simplest way to let him know that leaving her alon is the only way she can find peace. He still didn’t understand her. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Well said @hello210.... Thanks for making. It’s of that. Once you said that I can clearly remember hearing speak in the same tone. It was good to see GTY has a better understanding of the Sheng sibling dynamics. QH is a sweet guy and thinks he can protect her but we all know he can’t do it because it isn’t his place or things will get even more difficult for her. ML tried in the simplest way to let him know that leaving her alon is the only way she can find peace. He still didn’t understand her. 

In the novel the family of QH fell out of favour from the royal family. So they need to marry off QH to an influential family. Thus, Minglan wasn't a suitable choice for QH. Plus grandma also advised Minglan that she will not be happy euth QH even if QH be able to place her as the main wife. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, leeza77 said:

In the novel the family of GQ fell out of favour to the royal family. So they need to marry off QH to an influential family. Thus, Minglan wasn't a suitable choice for QH. Plus grandma also advised Minglan that she will not be happy euth QH even if QH be able to place her as the main wife. 

@leeza77 ... Thanks for the info. Can you message me the link where I can read the novel please 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

Oh no. I mean i feel like its taking to long for Gu Tingy and Minglan love to start

Ohhhh Looking forward to it. I hope it will be earlier in the drama

Its the story of Ming Lan so its not just about the love but it will happen soon dont worry.

51 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

He is not a bad person, just a naughty one. Didn't think about his future. Just playing around. Rebellious against his father. The typical attitude of a young master with no responsibility. 

his father is trash so he should be a rebel against that. 

29 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

im not sure after episode 11 GH knew that GTY should not keep trying to talk.. he knows but sometimes he does not hes weird. 

• Like 3

@Wotad  It is weird , he sees how she refuses to talk or accept gifts but forget it all. I think because he likes her a lot , it just goes through one ear to another. Lol lol lol Let’s think of it as young love 

@leeza77  Thanks for the links :heart:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad  It is weird , he sees how she refuses to talk or accept gifts but forget it all. I think because he likes her a lot , it just goes through one ear to another. Lol lol lol Let’s think of it as young love 

@leeza77  Thanks for the links :heart:

Minglan gives him a pair of knee pad and he takes it as a sign that minglan likes him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Minglan gives him a pair of knee pad and he takes it as a sign that minglan likes him. 

IKR!!!!  He lost his head , he really believes now she likes him. Since Ming Lan is so careful, I can’t determine what kind of feelings she has for him. Sheng Second Brother likes Ming Lang and showed his father he knew Ming Lang better than their father ever could. He wasn’t shamed in the least that his son new his sister better than him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Its the story of Ming Lan so its not just about the love but it will happen soon dont worry.

Yea i know its not just about the love. This drama is very detailed and have many characters.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wotad said:

This family tree does not have Sheng Wei maybe this was a early one ,i liked the story around Sheng Wei though so good if its added.

@Wotad   Wow! There are so many characters in the family tree.  The pictures are not very clear and small and the names are in Chinese.
I found myself kind of confused looking at this family tree.... 

Do Lin CB and Big Madame like Minglan? ( Arrow heads point toward her)
Who are the 3 people at the bottom of the tree?
There are so many arrows pointing toward GTY  ( showing favorable relationship ). Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy in public's eyes?

SOS!  If you (or anyone) could help clarify my confusion, I would really appreciate it. 
Thank you so much.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

@Wotad   Wow! There are so many characters in the family tree.  The pictures are not very clear and small and the names are in Chinese.

There are so many arrows pointing toward GTY  ( showing favorable relationship ). Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy in public's eyes?

SOS!  If you (or anyone) could help clarify my confusion, I would really appreciate it. 
Thank you so much.

The arrows are to show relationships. Not whether the characters like another or not. The 3 persons related to gty are the father, evil stepmother and the ill but villain older brother. He spread mallicious rumours about gty resulting gty to fail imperial exam {gty suppose to earn 3rd place in the exam}. 

The Story of MingLan China Drama

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

Thank you so much.

@dancingbee    I think This is a family correlation chart , All the arrows pointing to GYT  is to show family ties to him,  First you have the younger GTY, then his Nanny,  his potential Concubine/Main wife, His father, his step mom, his older brother, 

Since I can't read what each relationship stand for  I am going to gues??? QH - school mate, 

Sheng Chang Feng - - >  Literature rival, Sheng Chang Bai - -> best Friends, Ming Lan  wife and lover, 

This is the best I can do 

@leeza77  You beat me to it.   :D:D   

Only check this out if you have seen episode 14..... lol lol lol 

Spoiler

OMG!!!   Wang Shi really loves her husband... She tried to get justice for her poor husband ( I think that is what she doing) but look at what happens after CL complained about it. Funniest thing though he was very much upset with her. I think although he does want her to be disciplined he is still mad at her for the pain he had to endure due to their sons mistake ( I am dying to know what he did wrong)...

. I

Pity this woman so much, she deserves much more and need to learn to control her temper. smh smh  

1s3IUReD_18-WPJcQGmkO0LHKmqZq1djUR0t8Ptt

G0gmmwKJviC7Es72F63voADq8Yd_lxyjXE5YUmJI

• Like 4

@leeza77  &  @UnniSarah 
Thank you both very much. Appreciated it. :heart:
Now I can slowly understand the relationship to learn more from this wonderful drama. It is really very useful in real life, believe it or not!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

Anyone mind spoiling how GTY will get his heart breaken? By two girls before ML? 

I think he felt betrayed by manniang when he found out she always wanted to be his main wife....and staying by his side marriage or not was all lies. I think she also ruined a few of his potential marriages. He maybe thought it was due to his family bad mouthing him....but after Yanran's family refused him...he asked ML about it as he knew they were friends. She told him about Manniang coming with his kids to make a fuss at her friend's house. I think he also later found out Manniang lied about her brother.... her brother was not dead and he also didn't steal her money...it was all her scheme to appear pitiful and helpless to gain his sympathy.

Later his wife also betrayed him by cheating on him with his cousin, I think, when he was out of town. I think she was also pregnant, not sure if it was GTY's baby. He found out everything after his wife died. His stepmother is a total snake....she was behind the whole thing.

I read the english translation of the book and it stopped at chapter 26....I think they are re-editing the earlier chapters.

The events in chapters 25-26 are reactions of Da niang and Lin Niang after QH's mother gave some indirect and very polite hints to Da Niang to forget about QH. Don't even dream about it. No way in hell I'm going to allow my boy to be snatched up by some uncultured girl from a low officials family and become a laughingstock.:lol:  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dito said:

Later his wife also betrayed him by cheating on him with his cousin, I think, when he was out of town. I think she was also pregnant, not sure if it was GTY's baby. He found out everything after his wife died. His stepmother is a total snake....she was behind the whole thing.

waitttttt so Gu Tingy will marry another woman first before he marey Minglan? What the heck?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

waitttttt so Gu Tingy will marry another woman first before he marey Minglan? What the heck?

Yes. In the book he married a woman. He didn't love her and since the beginning they didn't get along. He thought she had a good disposition and could accept Man Niang.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Yes. In the book he married a woman. He didn't love her and since the beginning they didn't get along. He thought she had a good disposition and could accept Man Niang.

Oooo :/ i really hope in the drama he doesnt married that woman. Dont like how Gu Tingy got girls before Minglan but i know he really love Minglan later on too

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Just to be sure, when & once he started to like/court Minglan, both women are already out of the picture, right? Ok , the wife died which is why he's looking for another wife but what abt the mistress? Did she die too?

• Like 3