Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

18 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

The OST for Ming lane is now on Spotify. But the ending song is by the original singers - Hu Xia and Yisa Yu. I'm also hoping they would have a version with ZLY and FSF! 

Pretty sure the video i posted is the ending song by ZLY and FSF right? 

36 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Wow...Daylight is doing so well...isn’t Like a Flowing River also their production? And they are both on top for ratings. I can see why because the cinematography in both dramas are so natural with the time periods and detailed. I’ve been trying to find MingLan and Jin Han OGT songs on iTunes with no luck. I love the MV and the song, especially that version with LY/FSF. FSF sang it for the Hunan New Year’s Eve concert (too bad LY didn’t make it but she posted about it on her Weibo)...just haven’t been able to find the full video. Both FSF and ZYL performed and from the little parts I found on YouTube, they did good.

You are correct both Daylight.

25 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Based on the trailers it sure does seem like it. I recall one of the trailer ML met up with GH after she's married to GTY, and it seems like that made GTY angry for a bit. 

I don't understand the whole convo with my half baked mandarin, but it seems like ML is a true realist, and she told GTY that if one day, he wants to take another wife/ concubine, she will accept that...and GTY asked if given a choice to choose again, will she still choose to marry him.

So it seems like GH still loves ML after her rejection and marriage to GTY! :tears:

Yeah from what i see ML back's off but maybe were being tricked. 

• Like 3

From the Novel spoilers, the drama has ML showing a little more of her feelings for GH but like everyone says, she’s very sensible and realistic. I don’t think that it’s ML giving up but more that she never tried. She doesn’t even entertain the thought of becoming something more than a distant admirer of GH. She says this and kind of explains it to her maid in the episode where GH gives her the pens I think.  From previous comments and the novel ML is GH’s regret in life since he didn’t get to be with her so I can see him still having lingering feelings.

Also, I think there was a comment that they added scenes to that drama that wasn’t in the novel that was shown in the previews like the scene where GH tells GTY that he doesn’t think GTY is right for ML so I can see how they would have those jealous scenes to add otherwise ML is very proper and aware due to lessons from Grandma so meeting up with a man after marriage wouldn’t be in her character. I didn’t finish the novel since I gave up google translating it so don’t know if those are added and not part of the novel. But it does make it interesting.

From everything I’ve seen and my broken mandarin, I think GTY pities his mistress and cares about his children with her but Ming Lan is his one true love. I hope they keep to the novel and GH doesn’t interfere in the marriage because he thinks he knows better. 

Just waiting for Episode 11, 12, and 13 on Viki. Don’t know if they’re holding off release till subs are complete.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, hello210 said:

From the Novel spoilers, the drama has ML showing a little more of her feelings for GH but like everyone says, she’s very sensible and realistic. I don’t think that it’s ML giving up but more that she never tried. She doesn’t even entertain the thought of becoming something more than a distant admirer of GH. She says this and kind of explains it to her maid in the episode where GH gives her the pens I think.  From previous comments and the novel ML is GH’s regret in life since he didn’t get to be with her so I can see him still having lingering feelings.

Also, I think there was a comment that they added scenes to that drama that wasn’t in the novel that was shown in the previews like the scene where GH tells GTY that he doesn’t think GTY is right for ML so I can see how they would have those jealous scenes to add otherwise ML is very proper and aware due to lessons from Grandma so meeting up with a man after marriage wouldn’t be in her character. I didn’t finish the novel since I gave up google translating it so don’t know if those are added and not part of the novel. But it does make it interesting.

From everything I’ve seen and my broken mandarin, I think GTY pities his mistress and cares about his children with her but Ming Lan is his one true love. I hope they keep to the novel and GH doesn’t interfere in the marriage because he thinks he knows better. 

Just waiting for Episode 11, 12, and 13 on Viki. Don’t know if they’re holding off release till subs are complete.

Nah they never hold off so its weird??

I need more episode's already im addicted give me more......

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

GH’s character kind of reminds me of Deng Yu in Singing All Along where he never forgets his first love. Except, Deng Yu made the decision to fight alongside the main leads and went from being a scholar to becoming a great General. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hello210 said:

GH’s character kind of reminds me of Deng Yu in Singing All Along where he never forgets his first love. Except, Deng Yu made the decision to fight alongside the main leads and went from being a scholar to becoming a great General. 

GH reminds me of Fuheng from Yanxi ;p 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

Nah they never hold off so its weird??

I need more episode's already im addicted give me more......

Hello @Wotad

I have finally gotten 

Spoiler

Evee Night our of my system. Yay Yah 

So glad to find you here in this drama. It is now my new obsession and I too wish they aired episode 12 . I even watched the episode raw which means IMHO , this drama is really good and the cast are doing a great job. At first It was ok , but Now I just can’t stop going to 

Spoiler

Maplestage to check if any episode has been aired yet.  :wub::wub:

OMg!!! I feel exaylike you do. I even have the Calendar schedule to this drama on my mobile phone. I don’t know if it has been posted yet. 

Happy New Year everyone 2019

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c2ae72539576b6855

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c2ae72539576b6855

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Pretty sure the video i posted is the ending song by ZLY and FSF right? 

You are correct both Daylight.

Yeah from what i see ML back's off but maybe were being tricked. 

Yeaps. The one you posted earlier was indeed by ZLY and FSF. Hence looking for the actual track on Spotify. Unfortunately there isn't one ATM. 

You are probably right that ML would not lead QH especially knowing her character. 

Just think she might not go and explain herself to GTY about the misunderstanding too, also because of her character. 

Am really liking the production thus far. The details are just nice. Like they would rather use loads of candles to film the night scenes than using fake lighting. It makes it look a lot more realistic.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Yeaps. The one you posted earlier was indeed by ZLY and FSF. Hence looking for the actual track on Spotify. Unfortunately there isn't one ATM. 

You are probably right that ML would not lead QH especially knowing her character. 

Just think she might not go and explain herself to GTY about the misunderstanding too, also because of her character. 

Am really liking the production thus far. The details are just nice. Like they would rather use loads of candles to film the night scenes than using fake lighting. It makes it look a lot more realistic.

Just found the Hua Xia/Yinan Yu version of the ending song on iTunes. Looks like it’s finally available. So I guess the LY/FSF version is only for the MV? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Off topic but related to our main OTP... Congratulations to FSF and ZLY!!! He just announced on the first day of 2019 that they will be a family of three!!! So sweet! Make this drama much more memorable and anticipate their main storyline to begin hehehe

• Like 12

Minglan shared a family pic of GTY n Minglan as they announced the news of pregnancy 

MTtIUVg.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the dad hated ML but in episode 10 he was softer does he turn more hateful later or nicer.

God i detest the father being stupid towards Lin Qinshuang and Sheng Molan i want these two to suffer. 

First in online rating's https://cdramabase.com/online-ratings/

This does not include QIY where they dont report online views now right? 

This video is the actors singing right? they sound good saw some juicy scene's, espically around 1:57/8/9 spoilers obviously.

After this video i ship GTY and ML 100% now you can feel the chemistry and love. 

So glad that its doing good online,hope for the fflwng ep..the ratings will also go up...DLE is rocking though,I a saw LAFR everywere but havnt check it out yet since Im religously watching ML.

That video is on my playlist though..been plating it nonestop since it came out..and finally memorize liying's part..:grin:and finally sing out loud and clear in the bathroom..lol:grin:

Need to rewatch ep10 eng sub tonight since I only watch it raw last night...that molan and her mom really getting into my nerves:angry:...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I love the song too! Too bad I can hardly understand it. Anyone so kind to translate the lyrics? Or know where to find the translated lyrics? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I love the song too! Too bad I can hardly understand it. Anyone so kind to translate the lyrics? Or know where to find the translated lyrics? 

They translated the song in the ending credits on Viki. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

You can also go to google,just search Zhi fou Zhi fou..pinyin and english lyrics were there.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, hello210 said:

They translated the song in the ending credits on Viki. 

I am watching the show on YouTube :P

Is Viki free?

13 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

You can also go to google,just search Zhi fou Zhi fou..pinyin and english lyrics were there.

Thanks!!! Found it now! :wub:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, heatherbee said:

Need to rewatch ep10 eng sub tonight since I only watch it raw last night...that molan and her mom really getting into my nerves:angry:...

@heatherbee  IKR , I can't stand the mother and daughter DUo.... This Molan is the exact replica of her mother and I wonder will she be able to capture QH in matrimonial mariage.  I know for a fact that QH's mothe will never accept Molan because she will see right through her actions. smh smh smh 

Spoiler

I hope that the truth about how far "    Lin Qinshuang               " will go to give her kids the best of everything. She felt no guilt in killing Ming Lan's mother. I would hate the truth to be kept a secret forever.  
I think Ming Lan's father is truly dumb and pathetic. He shows so much favortism towards his concubine and doesn't really love his other children. 

@m0us3y   Viki is free but there will be ad  as u watch the drama...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello @Wotad

I have finally gotten 

Reveal hidden contents

Evee Night our of my system. Yay Yah 

So glad to find you here in this drama. It is now my new obsession and I too wish they aired episode 12 . I even watched the episode raw which means IMHO , this drama is really good and the cast are doing a great job. At first It was ok , but Now I just can’t stop going to 

Reveal hidden contents

Maplestage to check if any episode has been aired yet.  :wub::wub:

OMg!!! I feel exaylike you do. I even have the Calendar schedule to this drama on my mobile phone. I don’t know if it has been posted yet. 

Happy New Year everyone 2019

We have similar and good taste so were in every thread together haha, i still got to finish ever night.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I think this drama is going to have viewers go on a roller coaster ride with the CPs. Chemistry with both leads based on what’s already shown and the previews. They’re doing a great job of differentiating the two types of love that ML will go through. Innocent puppy love with GH and then fated love with GTY. 

• Like 2