[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

2 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Gu Ting Ye was confident that Ming Lan will take him back even after the separation. He said Qi Heng is alrrady married. Ming Lan mentions several noble family with sons and Gu Ting Ye mention one of them is only a 12 year old boy. Then Ming Lan told him at Dr He is still single and Gu Ting Ye knew to shut up.

He has always been afraid of Dr. HE.. AHAHAHHAHA.. IT Was so fun to see him shut up hahhah:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

:sweat_smile:I think a lot of the story were explained in ep 70.. Waiting for the subs but from what has been translated, GTY's punishment will just take place after autumn, so they still can stay in their house, ML told grandma she will put on her noble dress and plead for GTY, even though their title have been deranged, she said she doesn't care about the offense..  separation request was already told to ML by changbai's mom so that the kids don't become the son of a convict, but ML said she will stay by him,after that GTY also said it, but it eventually became an emotional moment for the couple.. GTY already told changbai, when he asked that what's his plan and he said he can't reveal it now.... So I think they still staying in the general's house is like a case of landlord giving notice of eviction, they still have like 2 months to leave the post fully and the house.. Since someone begged that he should go to war first before they enact the punishments, and they can just remove his general title if they want to show the people that his crimes and punishment have not be leviated, so that why he went as a foot soldier. There might still be some inconsistencies or flaws to some but not to me, since I don't really care about the dynasty or the supposed way it should go.. And I think it's better this way, since we are now getting the unrealistic view to the drama.. In short, it's a drama, let's not be too emotionally, realistically, logically, righteouslly, deeply vested into the ways it could have went.. We will just be writing a new drama ourselves.. :joy:

GTY’s punishment includes imprisonment (~10 months at the prison specifically for men similar to women place where they supposed to send Aunty Kang originally) before the 3000 miles exile. Currently, they’re in middle or towards the end of winter, then spring, summer and fall/ autumn. He is supposed to exile after autumn is over. He cannot stay at his house or palace prison where he was originally kept before the sentencing decree. 

@linhlinh111 The emperor can delay the assignment of Marquis title up to years? It might be possible to delay a few months perhaps but have never heard of delaying for years. Then, what will happen to yearly taxes from households assigned to Ningyue Hou? Go to imperial treasury?  I don’t think Madam Qin or first brother widow or Hou Fu itself is entitled to have them without having actual Marquis present though she and her children including ML can stay in the Hou Fu but pay for the expenses by themselves without Marquis income unless stepmom decides to divide Gu first branch other properties (after taking out GTY’s mom dowry) among three sons.

• Like 3

Omg, the emperor was surely suspicious, it's known that once the dongwen drum has been hit, the case must surely brme tried, I love how all his trusted aides went against him to ask for audience for ML.. 

I just love my grandma with her savage comments to the father, when he said they can think of something, grandma smirkly said 'think then' :smirk:

Omg they should have made a scene where the emperor knows the real ML so that it wouldn't surprise him of how domineering she is.. Hahahahhaha.. 

Oh I finally watched what the empress said, those few but harsh words implied what I though above, 'others can be denoted or exiled, what, must he always be promoted and given titles' and then she went to raise her up.. I think this was when it was confirmed that the emperor is just using GTY to show his power and they are just letting the plan of ED flow as well.. Like it's just a pity it's MLan's husband but someone must be used, that's what the empress was saying.. Omg i can now understand MLan's laughter and tears, it's a great thing that GTY is still helping the emperor but like must she watch her husband go through all this just for  a royal fight. :triumph: and I totally love how she also threw the noble hat, the good bows have surely being kept away like she said.. The drum beating might have not granted her audience but it surely also made her to think broadly and understand into planning for the great rebel by the 'flying dog that is flying' while 'the hunting dog is preparing to be eaten'.. Such a wise saying by ML 

The ED has approved it guys' ML is a devoted lover '.. Thank you for the recognition ED.. 

Seriously I've just been so excited today that I've been spamming this place too much.. I'm just catching up on the episodes guys.. Don't be angry, I hope you all enjoy my live updates :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Yes, that's why I'm glad they eventually made the empress show a little act that she does care by making ML go to meet GTY.. :):sweatingbullets:

That prison conversation was so good.:wub:.Oozing love and warmth... Brought GTY to tears.I couldn't get enough of it.

• Like 3

The only answer I've not found for our questions is why are they still in the marquis house then.. Hmmm maybe the answer is in ep 72, so I will wait for the subtitles.. Or I can just say it's the grace the Emperor bestowed on them for their grateful deeds for the emperor before.. Not so sure but I will still wait for ep 72 to look for the answer.. 

Even though I don't like molan husband's adulterous behavior, I still like him.. He is someone that's so cool and calm, he can be in a place for months as long as he gets women, you wouldn't even know he is there.. And I really think if he meets someone he loves so much, that person is blessed really.. So sad the one person he came to love was an hypocrite making him go back to his earlier days.. 

Molan needs to pay for her deeds 

• Like 1

What a pity Molan, but that question is right 'why is it like this' :smirk: l mean she claim to have followed her mother's teaching since she controlled Sheng house like that.. What a pity pity.. Sorry Molan, but it can't work on someone like your husband.. Like just hear asking if her husband wants to marry our ML, like is she crazy? :rolleyes:.. Ah Molan makes me laugh, of course he will divorce you 

• Like 2

I'm glad they gave QH a good life and an understanding wife instead of him being a sore loser, his wife truly surprises me, i thought she would be like the typical noble snobbish woman who would dig into her husband's past and resent ML but she seems to be a smart cookie and b4 she jumps to conclusions and pass judgement, she actually had a face-to-face meet/talk with ML to get a feel of the type of person ML is and realized that ML is not a bad person atall.  I'm happy they can all put their childish resentments past behind them and focus on their futures and become friends.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, doubleicon said:

Episode 70 & 71 not only highly the loyalty that Minglan has when it concerns her friends (besides that traitor richard simmons Molan), but also the new relationship that was forged with Sheng Hong. 

When Minglan was brutally honest with her dad, when Grandma was poisoned, I think that opened up SH to come to terms with who his daughter really is. Throughout these two episodes, while SH was concerned about image, him looking at CB then running to Minglan (which was so funny to me, he's like "damnit why won't my kids listen!) and when Minglan fainted within the palace walls, and by Fan house it was cute. He told Shitou to let him do it, as he helped her up and gathered her for Shitou to also help. 

In a video of the ending, when see Minglan and SH interacting with one another lightly, speaking and laughing. I think the relationship was greatly improved which i love. I also love how Danniang came to Minglan, truly out of concern and I think her repentance in the ancestral hall is doing her some good. It was so nice to see Danniang show genuine concern for her daughter. 

Plot aside, i think these last two episodes have really showcase the betterment of the friends around Minglan. QH finally redeeming himself, and his wife Zuhen understanding and being strategic, which caused QH to see her in a new light. I love the idea of ML+GTY & QH+ ZH being friends once all has passed. Considering how strategic Zuhen is, I think her and Minglan would make good friends. I am glad QH is opening himself to his wife, and i am also glad that his mom and dad told him "we still need to be friends and support GTY". The growth that is being showed in just two episodes is amazing! 

Lol they better be nice to GTY Cause if he didnt save the emperor and end the rebellion his family would have been wiped ...but whose bringing up the past? Lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

50 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

The only answer I've not found for our questions is why are they still in the marquis house then.. Hmmm maybe the answer is in ep 72, so I will wait for the subtitles.. Or I can just say it's the grace the Emperor bestowed on them for their grateful deeds for the emperor before.. Not so sure but I will still wait for ep 72 to look for the answer.. 

Somebody said here that because the execution has yet to be carried out. Should be in autumn.. Like a grace period of 2 months 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Somebody said here that because the execution has yet to be carried out. Should be in autumn.. Like a grace period of 2 months 

Yeah I wrote about this too but someone also said counter it that the only thing that will take place after autumn is exile and that they shouldn't be in the house.. But I think I'm right that all punishments are to take place after autumn.. But if it's not right, then I will make sure to look for answer in ep 72.. 

• Like 2

What can the wife of a disgraced official who is imprisoned for murder,corruption do in a world dominated by men?

She can be domineering to the point of getting her way to see her husband in prison and make sure at least he is not denied basic comforts to live his days...

She can bang the Dengwa drums to let the officials know and the words spread around city of how vicious the accusers have been to the young couple...Now people have an access to two sides of the story even if emperor refuses to hear it...

She can unmask the assassin who is out to kill her and the new born son.

Can tell her husband to find a better way to tide over their troubles instead of asking for a seperation.

Can pretend to be shocked and disoriented as a wronged wife to throw her enemies off-gaurd.

She can do a lot even without being powerful..Why wouldn't the Empress Dowager try to rid herself off this annoying thorn called Minglan? She has great potential to cause significant roadblock to ED's plan of action...

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

What can the wife of a disgraced official who is imprisoned for murder,corruption do in a world dominated by men?

She can be domineering to the point of getting her way to see her husband in prison and mel sure at least he is not denied basic comforts to live his days...

She can bang the Dengwa drums to let the officials know and the words spread around city of how vicious the accusers have been to the young couple...Now people have an access to two sides of the story even if emperor refuses to hear it...

She can unmask the assassin who is out to kill her and the new born son.

Can tell her husband to find a better way to tide over their troubles instead of asking for a seperation.

Can pretend to be shocked and disoriented as a wronged wife to throw her enemies off-gaurd.

She can do a lot even without being powerful..Why wouldn't the Empress Dowager try to rid herself off this annoying thorn called Minglan? She has great potential to cause significant roadblock to ED's plan of action...

That's our powerful, talented, amazing, determined, detailed, lovely, cunning, strategist Minglan.. She can lure the tiger into its lair without leaving her own house while pretending to not be clear headed.. The planning ML is back.. The Ed thought she has lost her wings not knowing 'the good bows are being kept behind'.. ED underestimated ML.. ML is the wing herself, she can definitely fly to wherever.. :blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

That's our powerful, talented, amazing, determined, detailed, lovely, cunning, strategist Minglan.. She can lure the tiger into its lair without leaving her own house while pretending to not be clear headed.. The planning ML is back.. The Ed thought she has lost her wings not knowing 'the good bows are being kept behind'.. ED underestimated ML.. ML is the wing herself, she can definitely fly to wherever.. :blush:

Those dialogues ML said weren't  incoherent speech.Thanks for reminding me.I remembered the rabbit one but had forgotten this one.I was very excited to see epi 70 and 71.Waiting for the action tommorow.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Even though I don't like molan husband's adulterous behavior, I still like him.. He is someone that's so cool and calm, he can be in a place for months as long as he gets women, you wouldn't even know he is there.. And I really think if he meets someone he loves so much, that person is blessed really.. So sad the one person he came to love was an hypocrite making him go back to his earlier days.. 

Molan needs to pay for her deeds 

Besides the womanising, whats there not to like. He's kind and romantic with impeccable manners. He's a bit like GTY in that once he's finished sowing his wild oats and met the right woman, he'll make a great husband and father.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

25 minutes ago, mooose said:

Besides the womanising, whats there not to like. He's kind and romantic with impeccable manners. He's a bit like GTY in that once he's finished sowing his wild oats and met the right woman, he'll make a great husband and father.

Molan was stupid. Why kept beautiful maid beside hear near to womanising hubby. It's a no no principle

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I can see why the ED would attack ML. Like the others, ED is also a suspicious strategist. It’s a little suspicious that some of the best Generals just disappeared, presumed dead?  She would take advantage of the opportunity to take complete control and displace the Emperor but also attack the GTY & company’s weak points, their wives (Madame Zhang was also preparing just in case). If those Generals happened to survive and return, they would be destroyed by the loss of their loved ones. The Stepmom takes advantage and facilitates the attack by letting the enemy in. Waiting for all the subbed episodes so I can fully understand everything.  :)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1