[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

3 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

Is this the final episode (ep 73)?

Hide contents

I feel very sorry for GTW - to have such a horrible mother. Also for Rong'er :bawling: but glad those evil somehow got their punishment. I sort of wish they would suffer first, like being flogged to death or something like that instead of having an easy ending like that. 

Also glad that QH can finally open his heart to his wife. Now that QH is likeable again, I just notice the way he dressed up is so regal, compare to other men. Like the way he wears his outwear unbelted makes him look like a real prince :wub: And he's also quite good looking.

I'm also glad QH has his own happy ending. He deserves it. 

I'm waiting for Xiaotao's and Shitou's happy ending as well. I hope just like Danju, I see Xiaotao in a wedding dress. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, savingrace said:

In Viki, it says there are 76 episodes. And given the days countdown, it seems last episode is this Friday. There seem to be less ep in Viki because they're running DVD version, which I believe has longer running time per ep, compared to TV version.

Thank you!

• Like 2

I don't always care about historical facts in drama, it depends on which type of drama I'm watching. For example if it's some kind of comedy or action or sci-fi period drama then it doesn't matter (like Eternal Love or Princess Agent or Ten miles of peach blossoms), but TSoML is good bc it depicts the realistic life of women in the Song dynasty, so of course I want to know if it's doing it right. I really doesn't have to be very accurate, but if at least it shouldn't feel absurd. Even if it didn't follow history, if the plot was consistent then it would feel more real and relatable. Even if not comparing it to the book, the drama has started to lose its touch in the later one-third. 

4 hours ago, matrim said:

In ancient China a person's names was a complicated matter. Usually one had two names: Ming and Zi. The former was given by one's parents and used by elders, the latter was given when one turned 20 (in the case of females, 15) and used by peers. Generally Zi bore similar or same meaning of Ming and sometimes it's a complement to Ming. Some had a third name Hao which reflected one's ideal or characters. To show respect for others, one should use Zi or Hao instead of Ming. So we seldom hear QH but Yuan Ruo. As Qi was his family name and Heng given name, Yuan Ruo his Zi (sorry there's no English equivalent for this). Niang is the informal word for Muqin, carrying more intimate feel, their relationship similar to that of mom and mother in English.

None of the females in this drama have Zi, so I guess it's not common for females? Or females don't have Zi in Song dynasty but they do in a different period?

• Like 6

Omg I can say grandma understands ML best.. While we are saying GTY wants ML to be someone she isn't with all  being lovey dovey..  Grandma explains it best, when ML had to go to Sheng house in ep 69 because someone wants to prison them in Gu house through their medicine, she said if she lives here, GTY will also have to live there.. So Grandma was like, hmm 'I know your husband is obedient to you, and you also want him to be obedient to you, so isn't it better now that you're no longer acting careful and cautiously just to grasp him, this is how married couple should live'.. Grandma is truly the one for me. :joy:.. One thing I know about TSoML is that, you can't really connect things without focusing on the dialouges.. If we just watch previews and unsubtitled episodes based on actions alone, things will seem absurd, but with the actual knowledge of the dialouges, it becomes more understandable 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Omg I can say grandma understands ML best.. While we are saying GTY wants ML to be someone she isn't with all  being lovey dovey..  Grandma explains it best, when ML had to go to Sheng house in ep 69 because someone wants to prison them in Gu house through their medicine, she said if she lives here, GTY will also have to live there.. So Grandma was like, hmm 'I know your husband is obedient to you, and you also want him to be obedient to you, so isn't it better now that you're no longer acting careful and cautiously just to grasp him, this is how married couple should live'.. Grandma is truly the one for me. :joy:.. One thing I know about TSoML is that, you can't really connect things without focusing on the dialouges.. If we just watch previews and unsubtitled episodes based on actions alone, things will seem absurd, but with the actual knowledge of the dialouges, it becomes more understandable 

Dialogues and cinematography.So.many interesting nuances...I liked the scene between empress and ML after she wakes up from the fainting spell post drumming the justice drums..Her concern for Zhounghai,ML..thoughtful and filled with care...Yet her words were harsh as a whiplash.Actions and words at odds with each other.Nice execution.

• Like 6

Omo in ep 69 looks like GTY already knows that killing the Wang aunt will bring a lot of troubles and he also told maybe prince Huan or someone else that them not suing him in court the next day means that they must be waiting for all fingers to form, as in for all his crimes to be so much and he, like us, also said that the Kang aunt already has a lot of lives on her hands, so can they really sue him.. It's also revealed that apart from the father of Kang being an imperial tutor, another Kang official works in the private court..

The old Madam Wang was granted audience after beating the drum. Just like what ML wanted to do. The Dongwen drum has been revealed to be a drum of grievance; that is for the citizens to complain.. So anyone granted audience from that drum can enter the court. And that's why Dongwen drum's case especially involving an official is important once granted, it goes to the kaifeng precinct and the dourt of judiciary, this info was said by the king 

Wow, I can already see the reasons why GTY couldn't escape the prison deed,

1. His own step mom and uncle testified against him, that's one of the greatest testifier ever, one's family.. And their claim is true GTY actually set fire to GTW's house.. But they changed it for him as covering up his deeds of killing that stupid aunt.. This family is trash 

2. The old woman Wang had already planned no retreat for both her and GTY by trying to force to reveal what happened to grandma and as such bring the Sheng family down.. She knows GTY wouldn't do that and if he just keep saying 'does a killer needs reason to kill?', it will become another weakness in his statement. Changbai was so shocked when he didn't say the grudge between Kang aunt and ML.. I really appreciate him for this

3. Like above family against family is one of the hardest case to win, and we see another one.. Kang aunt is the maternal aunt of ML. Like to those that knows nothing, how can the real sister of Ml's legitimate mother want to kill her.. I seriously wish there is a diary to keeping tabs on one's behavior everyday so that people can know someone's true self. And GTY also said she has killed a lot of people, but looks like there is no evidence for those too as the old Madam Wang has kept it under control and now Kang aunt is dead so there is no way to ask her now.. What a pity.. 

4. Of course the Kang being a maternal aunt doesn't mean she can't do it in the eyes of the law but the law will only believe she did it with accurate evidence and that is the other problem,. NO UNITED WITNESSES.. In Gu's house, those of GTY says Kang did it, those of Qin step says Kang didn't.. And like the king says its now a problem of he says this, she says that.. Which makes the case harder to close. As such giving opponents for more stupid accusations like killing his son and misuse of power from the likes of crazy Manniang and delusional Bai uncle. Crappy people just wants to see GTY fail.. 

5. It all boils down to imperial purpose, the king can literally just say 'GTY has saved the king before as such all his crimes are hereby nullified', but it will surely bring unrest in the court and subjects won't be pasified as like an official advised the king, GTY is a new subject while the Kangs are old and aristocratic subjects. So GTY had to be used as a key and a scape goat for bringing unity to the court.. 'oh the king is justand not bias, he even punished a loyal servant for his misdeeds' those stupid and old officials will curb their rebel heart.. What a joke, as if it will actually stop the main rebel from Ed to happen.. Such a shortsighted officials. And the imperial matters is also the reason why, even though the king and generals knows that this is the doing of the ED, they still can't say it.. Royal life is so hard.. An ED can even put a king in hind.. Xiao Duan was so cute how he kept on mentioning Ed's name and the king kept on throwing things at him.. 

6. Omg this is probably the most cruel reason, using the witness as an excuse the judge brought in Manniang and Bai uncle, to make their claims, one of bullying through power that GTY killed his own son in front of Manniang( the greatest of all lies), and through this the stepmother, using her innocent and loving face, also used the excuse to bring forth GTY's father that he killed him too,while she truly doted on him, ( omg the greatest two faced person ever) That is ; GTY has no feelings for family at all, as such he is definitely capable of killing his own  son, bullying his maternal house, causing his father's death, attempting murder in his brother by setting his house in fire and as such killing Kang aunt without reasons and definitely without remorse..

Wow, these are too much, I said it before the law can set you free but that's if all evidences and witnesses favors you.. Even if the law knows the truth, without evidence, the truth and reality is as useless as anything.. I have never feel sad for GTY so much as I felt sad that he was even accused of killing his own son by a crazy richard simmons.. These are the things from ep 69 that can answer some of the questions proposed as regards the plot correlation.. I hope some have been answered.. 

As such, GTY could have been logically saved if the reason of grandma's case was said making him have a strong reason for killing, but that has been removed 

If the people in Gu house had one statement that kang aubt truly tried to kill ML, it would have been the second evidence.. But the stupid step mom did her job 

Without all these two above, It allowed for more witness making the crazy Manniang bring forth her stupid accusations.. Which insights that GTY has no affection for family as such can definitely kill his maternal aunt-in-law too if she just offends him.. But this offense can't be stated... Dongwen drum made the case come to court and the king considering the imperial seat does not just want to say GTY should be forgiven.. Note that with all this I'm evading the fact that it might be a plan from the king and GTY because it's not been said or proven form the drama.. 

I will come back with the reasons from ep 70

• Like 8

1 minute ago, minglan1 said:

Dialogues and cinematography.So.many interesting nuances...I liked the scene between empress and ML after she wakes up from the fainting spell post drumming the justice drums..Her concern for Zhounghai,ML..thoughtful and filled with care...Yet her words were harsh as a whiplash.Actions and words at odds with each other.Nice execution.

Exactly, some lovely scenes turned harsh with the knowledge of the dialouges and some harsh scenes turned lively with the dialouges.... I've noticed it from the very start of Minglan, that's why I wondered if some gets the game the writer has been playing.. The empress harsh words can be said to be the reason why ML was laughing and crying on the street after leaving the palace.. So interesting.. This drama has been an adventure to me really 

• Like 4

Episode 70 & 71 not only highly the loyalty that Minglan has when it concerns her friends (besides that traitor richard simmons Molan), but also the new relationship that was forged with Sheng Hong. 

When Minglan was brutally honest with her dad, when Grandma was poisoned, I think that opened up SH to come to terms with who his daughter really is. Throughout these two episodes, while SH was concerned about image, him looking at CB then running to Minglan (which was so funny to me, he's like "damnit why won't my kids listen!) and when Minglan fainted within the palace walls, and by Fan house it was cute. He told Shitou to let him do it, as he helped her up and gathered her for Shitou to also help. 

In a video of the ending, when see Minglan and SH interacting with one another lightly, speaking and laughing. I think the relationship was greatly improved which i love. I also love how Danniang came to Minglan, truly out of concern and I think her repentance in the ancestral hall is doing her some good. It was so nice to see Danniang show genuine concern for her daughter. 

Plot aside, i think these last two episodes have really showcase the betterment of the friends around Minglan. QH finally redeeming himself, and his wife Zuhen understanding and being strategic, which caused QH to see her in a new light. I love the idea of ML+GTY & QH+ ZH being friends once all has passed. Considering how strategic Zuhen is, I think her and Minglan would make good friends. I am glad QH is opening himself to his wife, and i am also glad that his mom and dad told him "we still need to be friends and support GTY". The growth that is being showed in just two episodes is amazing! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Ohhhhhh we see someone gisting grandma about her jealousy trick on GTY regarding Fengxian and her weird husband.. Hahhahahhahh, ML told grandma that when she got angry about Fengxian, he was so happy that she also wouldn't get jealous again :joy:.. I love these little happy scenes during all this havocs 

3 minutes ago, doubleicon said:

Plot aside, i think these last two episodes have really showcase the betterment of the friends around Minglan. QH finally redeeming himself, and his wife Zuhen understanding and being strategic, which caused QH to see her in a new light. I love the idea of ML+GTY & QH+ ZH being friends once all has passed. Considering how strategic Zuhen is, I think her and Minglan would make good friends. I am glad QH is opening himself to his wife, and i am also glad that his mom and dad told him "we still need to be friends and support GTY". The growth that is being showed in just two episodes is amazing! 

So True, not only QH I even have a new found live for zuhen with her strategies and intelligence.. She is that friend I need... Hhahahh.. So glad they made Qi family an important chess piece to solving the matter and bringing hope to the issue.. 

• Like 5

More than anything, I'm so grateful for the friends and supporter ML and GTY has.. General Shen and his wife, Madam Zhang, QH and our new friend, zuhen, his wife, Changbai, prince Huan, yanran, our amazing grandma, shitou, xiaotao, cuiwei, danju, our nanny, like they are all so amazing and so supportive.. I need friends like this.. Zhang Madam needs to be applauded really, she really helped ML a lot, such a lovely character, not forgetting the gracious things ML did for her :kiss_wink:.. Changbai's sacrifice was also so heart-warming, like I really cried a lot, his friend wants to save Sheng family but he just wants the justice to prevail.. 

I have to say this, I don't care if the empress is alos in on the plan or not, but the emperess putting a blind eye to all these is so cruel. She should be the one doing what Changbai wants to do, 'correcting the king's mistake', but she doesn't do that and I even thought in closed doors, she will support GTY but she was even saying one kind 'GTY is being a scoundrel or that the Kang lost a daughter'.. Like if they didn't make the character grant MLan's wish after her hardship, I will probably not care about her at all again, her pretending or not.. 

Omg I love the memories recap with ML and GTY in the prison, it's so full of two wearied hearts pretending to be OK.. One is trying to make her less worried and a little bit happy, the other is trying to let him know that all is well and she can definitely stand all the troubles.. If the director didn't make GTY cry out, I would have hated that so much, so instead of crying when the tears dropped, I was just emotionally smiling that 'finally GTY breaks down'.. So greatful for this scene.. Omg, Hahhahah while the emotions was talking, ML just had to bring humor that 'once she die, the children will be with changbai'.. Omg the child's name is so beautiful TUAN'ER.. I love it.. 

ML has so learned how to curb GTY's into her favor, well done... She told him not to interfere in her business if they amicably separate.. And she will just marry other people, that seven was so full of love, understanding, fear, anxiety, and unity.. Such a great relief scene in between chaos.. 

Omg 1..GTY has so many titles, omg we didn't know that.. 

2..seriously instead of worrying I was so laughing at all his crimes, the funniest one was 'full of rudeness and arrogance that's been unheard of' omg that was so funny.. 

3. Finally the reason why they still can stay in the house, the person that delivered message said the punishment will start after autumn.. 

So grateful for Zhuhen's advice truly 'even if the emperor wants to save him without new issues, he is not capable to do so'.. So intelligent that they decided to use the poison's case for something new. Wow two strategist ML and zhuhen.. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

I don't always care about historical facts in drama, it depends on which type of drama I'm watching. For example if it's some kind of comedy or action or sci-fi period drama then it doesn't matter (like Eternal Love or Princess Agent or Ten miles of peach blossoms), but TSoML is good bc it depicts the realistic life of women in the Song dynasty, so of course I want to know if it's doing it right. I really doesn't have to be very accurate, but if at least it shouldn't feel absurd. Even if it didn't follow history, if the plot was consistent then it would feel more real and relatable. Even if not comparing it to the book, the drama has started to lose its touch in the later one-third. 

None of the females in this drama have Zi, so I guess it's not common for females? Or females don't have Zi in Song dynasty but they do in a different period?

Yes, it's uncommon for females to have Zi as very few can be found in history record.

• Like 3

Long-time lurker but finally decided to create an account so I can also join in. :) Love the drama and I agree with those who said that the drama is actually very nuanced and you need to listen to the dialogue for it to make sense instead of just basing one's interpretation just on the actions. 

I think focusing on how thin the charges against GTY are is missing the point. The way I see it  this is likely all a grand ploy (possibly GTY's?) to help the Emperor flush out and get rid of ED and her minions. Part of it was for the Emperor to appear insecure and foolish hence his likely deliberate shows of temper in court and carefully placed private rants against GTY and even Prince Huan in the eunuch's earshot so ED will believe the Emperor is losing it. This will then be consistent with his behaviour later of convicting GTY on paper thin charges because on the surface it would seem the "foolish" Emperor just wants to find any excuse to get rid of GTY to check Prince Huan's power. This would allow him to send away his mightiest general (GTY) and ED can make her move, only for GTY to return to quell the rebellion. It makes perfect sense to me.

As for the conversation between ML and the Empress (where we aren't allowed to see the entire conversation), given how extreme ML was in her actions because of her love for GTY to the extent of putting her life at stake, I suspect the Empress told ML the truth about the whole plot after sending everyone else out of the room. In putting together the plan, I think GTY never calculated the lengths his wife would go to for him. Lol.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Edited by sandrilene
Grammar
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suzzy San said:

Omo in ep 69 looks like GTY already knows that killing the Wang aunt will bring a lot of troubles and he also told maybe prince Huan or someone else that them not suing him in court the next day means that they must be waiting for all fingers to form, as in for all his crimes to be so much and he, like us, also said that the Kang aunt already has a lot of lives on her hands, so can they really sue him.. It's also revealed that apart from the father of Kang being an imperial tutor, another Kang official works in the private court..

The old Madam Wang was granted audience after beating the drum. Just like what ML wanted to do. The Dongwen drum has been revealed to be a drum of grievance; that is for the citizens to complain.. So anyone granted audience from that drum can enter the court. And that's why Dongwen drum's case especially involving an official is important once granted, it goes to the kaifeng precinct and the dourt of judiciary, this info was said by the king 

Wow, I can already see the reasons why GTY couldn't escape the prison deed,

1. His own step mom and uncle testified against him, that's one of the greatest testifier ever, one's family.. And their claim is true GTY actually set fire to GTW's house.. But they changed it for him as covering up his deeds of killing that stupid aunt.. This family is trash 

2. The old woman Wang had already planned no retreat for both her and GTY by trying to force to reveal what happened to grandma and as such bring the Sheng family down.. She knows GTY wouldn't do that and if he just keep saying 'does a killer needs reason to kill?', it will become another weakness in his statement. Changbai was so shocked when he didn't say the grudge between Kang aunt and ML.. I really appreciate him for this

3. Like above family against family is one of the hardest case to win, and we see another one.. Kang aunt is the maternal aunt of ML. Like to those that knows nothing, how can the real sister of Ml's legitimate mother want to kill her.. I seriously wish there is a diary to keeping tabs on one's behavior everyday so that people can know someone's true self. And GTY also said she has killed a lot of people, but looks like there is no evidence for those too as the old Madam Wang has kept it under control and now Kang aunt is dead so there is no way to ask her now.. What a pity.. 

4. Of course the Kang being a maternal aunt doesn't mean she can't do it in the eyes of the law but the law will only believe she did it with accurate evidence and that is the other problem,. NO UNITED WITNESSES.. In Gu's house, those of GTY says Kang did it, those of Qin step says Kang didn't.. And like the king says its now a problem of he says this, she says that.. Which makes the case harder to close. As such giving opponents for more stupid accusations like killing his son and misuse of power from the likes of crazy Manniang and delusional Bai uncle. Crappy people just wants to see GTY fail.. 

5. It all boils down to imperial purpose, the king can literally just say 'GTY has saved the king before as such all his crimes are hereby nullified', but it will surely bring unrest in the court and subjects won't be pasified as like an official advised the king, GTY is a new subject while the Kangs are old and aristocratic subjects. So GTY had to be used as a key and a scape goat for bringing unity to the court.. 'oh the king is justand not bias, he even punished a loyal servant for his misdeeds' those stupid and old officials will curb their rebel heart.. What a joke, as if it will actually stop the main rebel from Ed to happen.. Such a shortsighted officials. And the imperial matters is also the reason why, even though the king and generals knows that this is the doing of the ED, they still can't say it.. Royal life is so hard.. An ED can even put a king in hind.. Xiao Duan was so cute how he kept on mentioning Ed's name and the king kept on throwing things at him.. 

6. Omg this is probably the most cruel reason, using the witness as an excuse the judge brought in Manniang and Bai uncle, to make their claims, one of bullying through power that GTY killed his own son in front of Manniang( the greatest of all lies), and through this the stepmother, using her innocent and loving face, also used the excuse to bring forth GTY's father that he killed him too,while she truly doted on him, ( omg the greatest two faced person ever) That is ; GTY has no feelings for family at all, as such he is definitely capable of killing his own  son, bullying his maternal house, causing his father's death, attempting murder in his brother by setting his house in fire and as such killing Kang aunt without reasons and definitely without remorse..

Wow, these are too much, I said it before the law can set you free but that's if all evidences and witnesses favors you.. Even if the law knows the truth, without evidence, the truth and reality is as useless as anything.. I have never feel sad for GTY so much as I felt sad that he was even accused of killing his own son by a crazy richard simmons.. These are the things from ep 69 that can answer some of the questions proposed as regards the plot correlation.. I hope some have been answered.. 

As such, GTY could have been logically saved if the reason of grandma's case was said making him have a strong reason for killing, but that has been removed 

If the people in Gu house had one statement that kang aubt truly tried to kill ML, it would have been the second evidence.. But the stupid step mom did her job 

Without all these two above, It allowed for more witness making the crazy Manniang bring forth her stupid accusations.. Which insights that GTY has no affection for family as such can definitely kill his maternal aunt-in-law too if she just offends him.. But this offense can't be stated... Dongwen drum made the case come to court and the king considering the imperial seat does not just want to say GTY should be forgiven.. Note that with all this I'm evading the fact that it might be a plan from the king and GTY because it's not been said or proven form the drama.. 

I will come back with the reasons from ep 70

The interesting thing was he anticipated but didn't do much to give them a tough fight...He also didn't confide in ML of his thoughts but Prince Huan.

The emperor is man who believes in radical ideas..He wanted to cultivate grains in an unknown,unsuitable indoor enviornment..He is a very patient man who toiled in his endeavor..Yet his words and actions incourt is one of impatience...You are right the writer/s like toying with their audience.:D

Isn't the official who pleaded with Madam Wang her son?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

More than anything, I'm so grateful for the friends and supporter ML and GTY has.. General Shen and his wife, Madam Zhang, QH and our new friend, zuhen, his wife, Changbai, prince Huan, yanran, our amazing grandma, shitou, xiaotao, cuiwei, danju, our nanny, like they are all so amazing and so supportive.. I need friends like this.. Zhang Madam needs to be applauded really, she really helped ML a lot, such a lovely character, not forgetting the gracious things ML did for her :kiss_wink:.. Changbai's sacrifice was also so heart-warming, like I really cried a lot, his friend wants to save Sheng family but he just wants the justice to prevail.. 

I have to say this, I don't care if the empress is alos in on the plan or not, but the emperess putting a blind eye to all these is so cruel. She should be the one doing what Changbai wants to do, 'correcting the king's mistake', but she doesn't do that and I even thought in closed doors, she will support GTY but she was even saying one kind 'GTY is being a scoundrel or that the Kang lost a daughter'.. Like if they didn't make the character grant MLan's wish after her hardship, I will probably not care about her at all again, her pretending or not.. 

The empress didn't  put a blind eye watching her in epi 70 and 71 made me think so.She was thoughtful and caring towards ML and GTY she addresses him as Zhounghai..Yet her words were harsh to ML..She sat on her knees to help ML stand up..We were not shown the conversation as Empress asked maids to leave...When ML came out of the place she was shocked..she laughed and cried..said things which didn't  seem coherent...ML is a person who keeps her composure why suddenly behave like that? Very unlike her to act in such a precarious situation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, sandrilene said:

Long-time lurker but finally decided to create an account so I can also join in. :) Love the drama and I agree with those who said that the drama is actually very nuanced and you need to listen to the dialogue for it to make sense instead of just basing one's interpretation just on the actions. 

I think focusing on how thin the charges against GTY are is missing the point. The way I see it  this is likely all a grand ploy (possibly GTY's?) to help the Emperor flush out and get rid of ED and her minions. Part of it was for the Emperor to appear insecure and foolish hence his likely deliberate shows of temper in court and carefully placed private rants against GTY and even Prince Huan in the eunuch's earshot so ED will believe the Emperor is losing it. This will then be consistent with his behaviour later of convicting GTY on paper thin charges because on the surface it would seem the "foolish" Emperor just wants to find any excuse to get rid of GTY to check Prince Huan's power. This would allow him to send away his mightiest general (GTY) and ED can make her move, only for GTY to return to quell the rebellion. It makes perfect sense to me.

As for the conversation between ML and the Empress (where we aren't allowed to see the entire conversation), given how extreme ML was in her actions because of her love for GTY to the extent of putting her life at stake, I suspect the Empress told ML the truth about the whole plot after sending everyone else out of the room. In putting together the plan, I think GTY never calculated the lengths his wife would go to for him. Lol.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

I thought so too about empress and ML's conversation...If GTY and Prince Huan had really fallen out with the king would they play chess in the prison surrounded by guards? Wouldn't the emperor be   further infuriated when news traveled to him?

• Like 4

So great to see QH and his wife getting along so well now.. So awesome.... I really love how they made development with the Qi house.. So cute that I'm crying.. They have all become so matured and understanding now.. Great...

Omg we were just wondering what's going on between the servant and molan's husband and the writer gave us our answer, 'yes, he has been sleeping with her that the maid is also low key reprimand ING Molan and acting like the new madam'.. Ahhahaahha just waiting for that stupid Molan to catch them.... 

Omg talking about the devil, stupid Molan spouting nonsense to ML, I love how our Zhang friend put her in her place.. Omg this is such a treat banquet, the ever lively yanran came with her husband, that she so has tomboy control over.. SO cute :joy:

24 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

The interesting thing was he anticipated but didn't do much to give them a tough fight...He also didn't confide in ML of his thoughts but Prince Huan.

The emperor is man who believes in radical ideas..He wanted to cultivate grains in an unknown,unsuitable indoor enviornment..He is a very patient man who toiled in his endeavor..Yet his words and actions is court is one of impatience...You are right the writer/s like toying with their audience.:D

Isn't the official who pleaded with Madam Wang her son?

Yes it's her son.. Looks like those cunning Wang family have all their family in court.. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

The empress didn't  put a blind eye..She was thoughtful and caring towards ML and GTY she addresses him as Zhounghai..Yet her words were harsh to ML..She sat on her knees to help ML stand up..We were not shown the conversation as Empress asked maids to leave...When ML came out of the place she was shocked..she laughed and cried..said things which didn't  seem coherent...ML is a person who keeps her composure why suddenly behave like that? Very unlike her to act in such a precarious situation.

Yes, that's why I'm glad they eventually made the empress show a little act that she does care by making ML go to meet GTY.. :):sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

Gu Ting Ye was confident that Ming Lan will take him back even after the separation. He said Qi Heng is already married. Ming Lan mentions several noble family with sons and Gu Ting Ye mention one of them is only a 12 year old boy. Then Ming Lan told him at Dr He is still single and Gu Ting Ye knew to shut up.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8