[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, kdramatist said:

All  i have to say about the schemers from the Wangs, Bais, ED, SM, Molan and anyone against  Mr and Mrs Second Uncle is BRING IT ON. Now that youve all  gone before the emperor to plead your case  you will all get caught in the web of lies you weave.. There is no turning back for any of them now and iim sure  things will get worse before they get better for our leads but  cant wait to see the two of them Rise up from the ashes.  Love this show  i think Gu knew all about Kang being released by Molan  when she gave her clothes someone was watching, the not going ti see the emperor when he calls for him is all part of the plan  best show on VIKI right now 

From the conversation with shitou, gty has already predicted what's going to happen. He asked shitou are you afraid? Shitou anwers no, the weather is chilly the ground is hard.. Good for killing. So, i believe gty once again casts his net. This time the catch all the fishes in one swoop. I think ml is not told on his grand plan. 

5 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

This is a bit petty.. but what on earth is Emperor appearing always busy planting? RICE? (assume rice as in earlier eps he ws visiting his paddy field)

I have yet to see rice being planted indoors, seems to be growing very well??

It is rice using the soil from his farm. He mentioned that if they can grow the rice then they will solve the food issue of the country. 

8 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

This is a bit petty.. but what on earth is Emperor appearing always busy planting? RICE? (assume rice as in earlier eps he ws visiting his paddy field)

I have yet to see rice being planted indoors, seems to be growing very well??

Yes, rice can grow indoor well as long as the water, temperature, and fertilizer, all relevant ingredients are controlled. As a hobby, I plant rice in flower pots in my bathroom and in planters in my backyard to enjoy the green and golden colors. The seeds collected at harvest are then put into the next pots.

I guess the Emperor is planting rice in the palace because he thinks about his hometown agriculture and wants to remind himself of his background.  If I remember correctly, he did not wish to sit on the throne from the beginning.

lELZegO.png

44 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

Yes, rice can grow indoor well as long as the water, temperature, and fertilizer, all relevant ingredients are controlled. As a hobby, I plant rice in flower pots in my bathroom and in planters in my backyard to enjoy the green and golden colors. The seeds collected at harvest are then put into the next pots.
I guess the Emperor is planting rice in the palace because he misses his hometown and wants to remind himself of his humble background.  If I remember correctly, he did not wish to sit on the throne from the beginning.

Yes, it is his hobby. As the emperor didn't so much like to spent his time with his concubine (i see just one concubine, a fat and evil one), he prefer to console himself from country problem by petting his plants.. Better option i bet. 

3 hours ago, dancingbee said:

Never seen any husband who is so gleeful that his wife is jealous!  In general cases, they are irritated, upset, guilty, or some kind of negative attitude. This Marquis Gu is having such a great time, so much enjoying, and looking forward to his wife's being green with anger from jealousy!
I'd say he is not quite normal  :)

cOyBI8U.png

Suppose its his dented male ego. Unlike ML all around him since lil he witnessed the extent women wr prepared to sacrifice to keep their men to themselves.

He shares same bed, bedroom and a baby with ML yet he still feels insecure, poor GTY.

Prolly ML is too stiff and irresponsive while making love with him??? LOL

35 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Suppose its his dented male ego. Unlike ML all around him since lil he witnessed the extent women wr prepared to sacrifice to keep their men to themselves.

He shares same bed, bedroom and a baby with ML yet he still feels insecure, poor GTY.

Prolly ML is too stiff and irresponsive while making love with him??? LOL

If that so, then it's supposed to be man's fault, right.. Ha ha. As a certified playboy (before marrying ml) that's unlikely. :D

There seems to be a lot of speculation in terms of what GTY knows and what he doesn't.

And what the Emperor really knows..

The previews may also be rather misleading. 

Even if this is all part of GTY's plan to weed out ED's supporter, I do believe there were elements that caught him by surprise. Ie MN to come back, for one, would not be in his plans since MN really has little interest in the fight btw Emperor and ED. 

Reckon it's safe to take that it's part planned, part unplanned. And the stakes have gotten so high for him to let ML go. 

Show has established that he would protect her no matter what, but also established that he truly loves her, and isn't one who would propose for separation just to test her. 

I don't know. It feels the matter is too serious to be a test. He has always been able to wager it all for her, so it has to be bigger than anything for him to propose that. 

Now I just need to brace for impact...

Everyone seems to want to have a piece of our power couple, everyone wants to contribute to their downfall. 

I'm sure they will rise from the ashes, but first, we need to see them getting burned...:tears:

11 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

There seems to be a lot of speculation in terms of what GTY knows and what he doesn't.

And what the Emperor really knows..

The previews may also be rather misleading. 

Even if this is all part of GTY's plan to weed out ED's supporter, I do believe there were elements that caught him by surprise. Ie MN to come back, for one, would not be in his plans since MN really has little interest in the fight btw Emperor and ED. 

Reckon it's safe to take that it's part planned, part unplanned. And the stakes have gotten so high for him to let ML go. 

Show has established that he would protect her no matter what, but also established that he truly loves her, and isn't one who would propose for separation just to test her. 

I don't know. It feels the matter is too serious to be a test. He has always been able to wager it all for her, so it has to be bigger than anything for him to propose that. 

Now I just need to brace for impact...

Everyone seems to want to have a piece of our power couple, everyone wants to contribute to their downfall. 

I'm sure they will rise from the ashes, but first, we need to see them getting burned...:tears:

I dunno.. Gty looks so calm that make me think that everything is under his control. 

For MN, she has been put under the control of head village that if she step one feet from the village, gty will know. It's impossible for him not to know about the sudden appearance of MN. 

About letting ML go, it could be gty took opportunity to test ml's love fof him, whether she will stay with him no matter what... Very bad of him, if it's true. 

Anyway, i can't sit still when watching the drama.. Really intense. 

Can't wait for their happy and tranquil day. 

8 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

I dunno.. Gty looks so calm that make me think that everything is under his control. 

For MN, she has been put under the control of head village that if she step one feet from the village, gty will know. It's impossible for him not to know about the sudden appearance of MN. 

About letting ML go, it could be gty took opportunity to test ml's love fof him, whether she will stay with him no matter what... Very bad of him, if it's true. 

Honestly if it's a test, I might come to despise the character. I'm sure it's pretty evident in recent episodes that she loves him, a lot. 

When she hugged him and cried after her childbirth, she literally told him that her heart shattered cuz she thought he died...

To put her through all the pain and agony just for a test, pushed it a tad bit too far for me. 

Hence I'm hoping it's more than just a test. It's a bit more consistent with his character, for he has always been holding grudge at whoever that hurt her, and to do that himself seems out of character....

The distance she goes for him...only to have a test..hmm...

Either way, we are in for a roller coaster ride! 

Just watching flames coming from such distance, despite his wife's and parent's objections the first thought tht came into QH's mind was the safety of ML (even not confirming whether fire was at Marquis Gu manor).

ML is pregnant and giving birth to another man's child.. they once shared a close relationship, yet QH's main priority was to safe ML. 

He was once very upset when ML did not write to him about grandma's poisoning. These kind of acts of "true love"  makes GTY jittery I suppose??

So he is going to prostitute Wei to test ML's heart?? LOL . Hope it does not backfire!!!

12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Honestly if it's a test, I might come to despise the character. I'm sure it's pretty evident in recent episodes that she loves him, a lot. 

When she hugged him and cried after her childbirth, she literally told him that her heart shattered cuz she thought he died...

To put her through all the pain and agony just for a test, pushed it a tad bit too far for me. 

Hence I'm hoping it's more than just a test. It's a bit more consistent with his character, for he has always been holding grudge at whoever that hurt her, and to do that himself seems out of character....

The distance she goes for him...only to have a test..hmm...

Either way, we are in for a roller coaster ride! 

You are right, that is not gty's characters. Maybe he tells her so to convince anyone who might be listening to their conversation that his position is so dire that no way he can make a come back. 

8 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Just watching flames coming from such distance, despite his wife's and parent's objections the first thought tht came into QH's mind was the safety of ML (even not confirming whether fire was at Marquis Gu manor).

ML is pregnant and giving birth to another man's child.. they once shared a close relationship, yet QH's main priority was to safe ML. 

He was once very upset when ML did not write to him about grandma's poisoning. These kind of acts of "true love"  makes GTY jittery I suppose??

So he is going to prostitute Wei to test ML's heart?? LOL . Hope it does not backfire!!!

He didn't go to Prostitute wei because of that.. He, prunce huan and few of their group actually used pro wei's room as their centre to plot and discuss on political issue. It's a clever move as no one will suspect them. 

10 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

He didn't go to Prostitute wei because of that.. He, prunce huan and few of their group actually used pro wei's room as their centre to plot and discuss on political issue. It's a clever move as no one will suspect them. 

Owh.. all the way to meet pro Wei to make ML jealous wld be too absurd indeed. Silly me :tears:

11 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

I agree now so intense, i feel i'm  having a heart attack watching each episode. Hoping for the happy glory day soon.

A sad scene, I think minglan went to seek for the empress help & mercy.:tears:

Even if it is planned, I guess there are risks for ml. Something unpredictable or not planned could happen. Not every plan goes as planned. And when gty is not there, she will be alone to fight their enemies. She is at the mercy of stepmom and others. 

24 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Even if it is planned, I guess there are risks for ml. Something unpredictable or not planned could happen. Not every plan goes as planned. And when gty is not there, she will be alone to fight their enemies. She is at the mercy of stepmom and others. 

Agreed, something may go awry. But then gty left shitou to be with ml, to protect her. The last time shitou was left with ml, during the rebellion of the late emperor. Gty must have confident in shitou ability to protect her. And shitou himself was not bad. Eventhough he looks kind of dumb (ha ha) he's actually a clever person. 

52 minutes ago, minoku2209 said:

I agree now so intense, i feel i'm  having a heart attack watching each episode. Hoping for the happy glory day soon.

A sad scene, I think minglan went to seek for the empress help & mercy.:tears:

Poor ml, she even can feel the sweet jealousy and throwing tantrum just for a short time, now she has to wear her armour to battle 6 villains. Since her pregnancy until after delivery, she has been silently crying. Even before the empress, only her tears fell down onto the floor, drop by drop. How helpless she felt. The silent tears actually moved the empress. 

4 hours ago, mooose said:

So Fengxian is from a brothel and was purchased by Stepmom? :huh: How did I miss that. I really thought she was just a clever farmgirl spy from paternal aunt.

I think it was just revealed, even the Gu aunt missed it too and was fooled by Stepmom. The Gu aunt would not have wanted a woman from the brothel to be a concubine of the head of the family of Gu. The only reason the Gu family accepted TY's mom who was a merchant's daughter is because they needed her money and they hated themselves and TY's mom for being associated to a merchant's daughter although TY pointed out that they enmoyed the luxury that the Bai money brought them . Gu aunt said that stepmom asked for her help to make ML accept the concubine whom the stepmom recommended.

2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Poor ml, she even can feel the sweet jealousy and throwing tantrum just for a short time, now she has to wear her armour to battle 6 villains. Since her pregnancy until after delivery, she has been silently crying. Even before the empress, only her tears fell down onto the floor, drop by drop. How helpless she felt. The silent tears actually moved the empress. 

Yeah almost all minglan's scenes after grandma poisioning is sad but i think the silent crying is the most painful scene to watch. I guess as always we will surely be crying with her this time :tears:

I hope she will succeed to get the empress help to seek justice on her husband & kill those 6 villians for good.

Archived