[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

18 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I have to ask this if GTY gets exiled why is there soilders at his home don't the ED not know of GTY being exiled.. This makes no sense to me at all.. So now the ED is trying to kill him and what for..?

I think it's a rebel period and GTY was never exiled he was just put down in power and made a foot soldier.. Then I think from the novel they just went to another place out of the country after he was reinstated and as a political mission for his position.. ED definitely knows that he still supports prince Huan and if prince Huan becomes the next king GTY will in no time come back to power and will deal with her.. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I have to ask this if GTY gets exiled why is there soilders at his home don't the ED not know of GTY being exiled.. This makes no sense to me at all.. So now the ED is trying to kill him and what for..?

The ending sub plot is a different one than the book so no one knows what will pan out. They have incorporated most of the major book incidents.This is my understanding based on what others who read the book have shared.We possibly will a rebellion but not sure if there will be an exile.Since emperor wants to reclaim lost lands like Prince Huan they might send him to fight with demoted status.

If he is succesful they will give back his old status proving magnanimity of the rulers as well as preventing GTY from being too powerful to cause future discomfort.Politics even makes people who are faithful allies cut to size.If they have ability to dull imperial rulers shine it isn't seen kindly.

I can understand why GTY might choose going to the border with family once the hostile Gu's are dealt with.Staying in the capital the power couple will never face peace.Their ability to become a power center will cause friends and foes to be wary always.

• Like 7

I finally decided to watch this drama because I knew it would be addictive. OMG! This drama is turning out to be one of the best Chinese Period dramas I've seen in a long time. The beginning episodes were a little rocky because they looked to old for they age they were depicting and the angst was over the top. However, this story settled down nicely and I loved how they developed the relationship between Ming Lan and Gu. I love the manly, comic side of Gu. I didn't find him as attractive as young man, but I find him extremely attractive as an adult male.

Such a good drama....definitely on my rewatch list (unless the ending sucks). 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, minglan1 said:

Tv version has been increased to 78.One of the poster shared it earlier.

I thought filming wrapped up April 2018? So how can they increase the episodes from 73 to 78....less editing?

Nice surprise if true.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I thought filming wrapped up April 2018? So how can they increase the episodes from 73 to 78....less editing?

Nice surprise if true.

They have probably planned this before because the episodes was like more than 73 when it was first announced and then they changed it to 73, maybe out of the thought that a lot might not like it, so they are back to maintaining the episodes planned to avoid rushed endings 

• Like 7

Omg :joy: like people have been saying GTY can't handle angry ML, ML also choose the right time to tease him since he wants her to be anxious by using Fengxian.. He thought she wouldn't say anything if he agrees with her that Fengxian can stay with them.. So cute, :lol:....ML has weaved him around her hands 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

3 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Omg :joy: like people have been saying GTY can't handle angry ML, ML also choose the right time to tease him since he wants her to be anxious by using Fengxian.. He thought she wouldn't say anything if he agrees with her that Fengxian can stay with them.. So cute, :lol:....ML has weaved him around her hands 

:joy: That scene was really cute.He wants to see his child so bad and everytime he moves closer .she moves away his hand:lol:.His smile was like Finally I get you:lol: He was so happy teasing her when she was  so jealous.

So we can say that Minglan heart has already changed towards him? since the grandma poisoning sorted out .she has changed towards him.also feeling jealous of that prostitute Wei:lol:

----------

In ep 73 tv version.as for my understanding .Did GTY moved away CB from his way to not be in that court with him?because if he let him be.only CB will defend him?.I hope as some friends say here.I hope that this was planned by GTY to move on with what he has planned to do.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

He's so happy of ml's jealousy. He said every day he was jealous of yunruo. Now, it's time for ml to be jealous. Be more jealous... Ha ha. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Never seen any husband who is so gleeful that his wife is jealous!  In general cases, they are irritated, upset, guilty, or some kind of negative attitude. This Marquis Gu is having such a great time, so much enjoying, and looking forward to his wife's being green with anger from jealousy!
I'd say he is not quite normal  :)

cOyBI8U.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

All  i have to say about the schemers from the Wangs, Bais, ED, SM, Molan and anyone against  Mr and Mrs Second Uncle is BRING IT ON. Now that youve all  gone before the emperor to plead your case  you will all get caught in the web of lies you weave.. There is no turning back for any of them now and iim sure  things will get worse before they get better for our leads but  cant wait to see the two of them Rise up from the ashes.  Love this show  i think Gu knew all about Kang being released by Molan  when she gave her clothes someone was watching, the not going ti see the emperor when he calls for him is all part of the plan  best show on VIKI right now 

• Like 10