Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

9 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Douban 

Ratings for the first two episodes were ~0.6 

Today should get higher ratings, average was 0.89 so I am guessing around ~0.75 for CSM52. It will take some time and positive word of mouth. 

Hoping that after leads r shown more.. We would get more ratings!! I m planning to watch all 4 episodes today raw!! 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures

10 hours ago, icyphoenix said:
Minglan is not available in my region viki too:bawling:.. I m also waiting for subs!! 

U can change your vpn 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Hoping that after leads r shown more.. We would get more ratings!! I m planning to watch all 4 episodes today raw!! 

yeah I hope so too. I think word of mouth will be key after a lot of let downs this year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

yeah I hope so too. I think word of mouth will be key after a lot of let downs this year. 

Actually many ppl aren't much interested over family dramas.. They like wuxia stuff.. Plus this yr hasn't been grt for dramas.. I m just hoping this drama doesn't let down ZLY coz her OGT also had grt views plus ratings.. 

8 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Actually many ppl aren't much interested over family dramas.. They like wuxia stuff.. Plus this yr hasn't been grt for dramas.. I m just hoping this drama doesn't let down ZLY coz her OGT also had grt views plus ratings.. 

I think, this will do better than OGT. I think it almost has 1 billion views and that is without counting iQIYI since they are not reporting views anymore and ZLY dramas always do better in iQIYI. 

Now I do prefer xianxias. This year I am so tired of palace dramas, but I do like historical dramas so at least for me this is the perfect timing for that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think, this will do better than OGT. I think it almost has 1 billion views and that is without counting iQIYI since they are not reporting views anymore and ZLY dramas always do better in iQIYI. 

Now I do prefer xianxias. This year I am so tired of palace dramas, but I do like historical dramas so at least for me this is the perfect timing for that. 

OGT?

13 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Hoping soo.. I really hope it does good than other dramas this yr!! I like historical dramas with strong female leads especially with brains!! 

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

OGT?

Our Glamorous times

New stills!! 

Thanks for responding and giving me more knowledge of the title! @angelangie @thelonetraveller_18 @gleek49 @nnnju I love the fact that they use this title instead using MingLan's name. This is much more meaningful and memorable. 

I only have time to check out episode one and I enjoyed it so far. Nothing that make me want to 'fast-forward' or 'roll my eyes', the pacing, the cinematography, and the acting are all good so far. I can't wait to see them grow up but not impatiently lol

Btw, I saw two versions in YouTube, the TV version and the Uncut version. So they will both end on 73 episodes? Because I think the TV version have uneven timing for each episode and it is a bit confusing. I assume the difference is just the way they cut the length of the episodes and not actually cutting out scenes. Which version are you all watching?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

Thanks for responding and giving me more knowledge of the title! @angelangie @thelonetraveller_18 @gleek49 @nnnju I love the fact that they use this title instead using MingLan's name. This is much more meaningful and memorable. 

I only have time to check out episode one and I enjoyed it so far. Nothing that make me want to 'fast-forward' or 'roll my eyes', the pacing, the cinematography, and the acting are all good so far. I can't wait to see them grow up but not impatiently lol

Btw, I saw two versions in YouTube, the TV version and the Uncut version. So they will both end on 73 episodes? Because I think the TV version have uneven timing for each episode and it is a bit confusing. I assume the difference is just the way they cut the length of the episodes and not actually cutting out scenes. Which version are you all watching?

Yeah there is no real difference just different length's ill just watch the viki version. 

• Like 2

Oh wow, little Minglan had me in tears  in epi 3 and 4, such good acting from that little actress.

• Like 4

The acting of all actors/actress are good. I just regret that c-ent is very competitive and malicious. The anti-fans if zly attack douban score yesterday and give only one star in the premise that zly's acting is not good. It is ridiculous as Zly only appeared in the last 20 minutes of 4th episodes last night. Plus they also bombard zly's superspeaking with all kinds of posts concerning other actor/actress. Very childish. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leeza Muhammad said:

The acting of all actors/actress are good. I just regret that c-ent is very competitive and malicious. The anti-fans if zly attack douban score yesterday and give only one star in the premise that zly's acting is not good. It is ridiculous as Zly only appeared in the last 20 minutes of 4th episodes last night. Plus they also bombard zly's superspeaking with all kinds of posts concerning other actor/actress. Very childish. 

antis will always be anti.....

lets not feed their ego by discussing or give them the lime light they so call sought after :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Leeza Muhammad said:

Ignore them. ZLY always gets stuff like this when her dramas come out like every other popular celeb.

Today ratings went up, ep. 4 broke 0.9 so the drama is slowly doing better. As long as the plot is good and we have a good drama that is all that matters. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BreezeC said:

At the moment, there should be no difference between the two, but Hunan TV sometimes cut scenes or rearrange them. The episodes have uneven timing because on weekends, they get 20 or 30mins episodes to make way for variety show that air that day. I don't think they will cut a lot for a ZLY drama since she tends to bring in lot of viewers. The DVD version is the "uncut" version, the one that was intially passed, and one that gets shown oversea...I think (?).

8.2 on douban is pretty good start, ZLY + Daylight + book fans should bring in fair amount of ratings and word of mouth, as long as they keep up the good adaptation, which they shooould.

• Like 4

Just finished watching untill ep3 and really like it so far, great acting for all of them, most specially little minglan she's so pretty.ep 3 had me cried along:bawling:

So sad she will grow up soon...even though I already want to see li ying appearance;I still want to see that little minglan's acting...love her already...:heart: the mean character...ahhhggg..why her voice is like that,like there is a cakroach inside her esophagous:grin:...

• LOL 2

decided to watch here i think this is legit? but they cover the chinese subs better ;p 

watched the first two episodes it had alot going on i hope my small brain can keep up. 

• Like 2