Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

4 hours ago, minglan1 said:

The trailer also had the amicable divorce scene of ML's cousin.The dialogue and the scenes might not go hand in hand.

Rulan talking about 'if we were birds,animals..... ' had the scene of a party at Gu manor but the conversation occurred in RL's room between her and ML.

Disclaimer- It is just a probable theory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@matrim  With ML birthing sons even if GTy is exield and they are divorce ML and her children would never be safe from step mom because to her eldest son down to the last son are all in line to gain the marquis title.. Once all of them is dead can the evil step mom gains what she's been after all along...

@matrim  I believe it.. Molan is very jealous of ML and even after gaining all her dads attention as a child growing up in the Sheng house and marrying above her status.. Molan can't stand the fact that ML has gotten herself a title and shines brighter then she'll ever be.. Molan always saw herself in Ming Lan shoes wher all the nobles household women holds her in a very high position.. Even thou she married a Count her Count isn't no where near the Count Ming Lan has.. I think she kicking herself in the but because before her mom passed away she tried to get Molan to go after GTY which she refused because of his past.. Now her knowing that Ming Lan husband is a one womens man must be really infuriating her who husband got upteen concubines all bore him a son,, Now that Lil sister has bore the next Gu heir must really be upsetting her.. So yes even thou Aunt Kang did give her mom including herself a hard time.. I could see her using Aunt Kang to get back at Ml all because she won't allow CL plack to be placed in the monestary nor her enter the Sheng household registry.. So killing off ML is away to get what she wants.. Recognition for her Mom.. I'm also wondering has her husband Mom been questioning her about her Mom plack..  

@Suzzy San  I'm thinking this also could be a plan from the very start to help pull ED out of power.. It's no way She and her family are not involved in the salt scandal and the high price of salt back then.. GTy could have taken himself out of the equatuon knowing that the info that was collected would directly in pact the ED who would go after him and his family to weaken the Emperor more.. GTY just happen to come along just in time to save wife and child from Aunt Kangs killing.. I hope they find out it was Molan that freed her and give her a good dose of medicine that she needed since childhood.. (preferrably a good spanking in front of her husband MIL and she can do no wrong father) 

I know this is kind of harsh but I think point I kind of just want them to kill off Molan. I'm sick of her and I'm over it. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

In the novel, ML is a time traveller??? So when did the future ML replace past ML? Since she was a child?

After the mother dies. So she doesn't have any affection towards the mother, thus never avenges her.

I think I've said it before but I have to say it again: Cheng Bai's fk awesome.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Gu Ting Ye and Chang Bai went AWOL because of Grandmother's incident. Chang Bai's wife is the one who sent the letter regarding what happening at home.

So cute Gu Ting Ye said his wife is so meek and docile like a lamb that she faint at the slightest provocation and blamed the Wang family for causing his wife such anguish that her mannerism had changed.

• Like 4
  • LOL 17
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Gu Ting Ye and Chang Bai went AWOL because of Grandmother's incident. Chang Bai's wife is the one who sent the letter regarding what happening at home.

So cute Gu Ting Ye said his wife is so meek and docile like a lamb that she faint at the slightest provocation and blamed the Wang family for causing his wife such anguish that her mannerism had changed.

Oh that was what he said that made ML look like at him like 'what? really' and laughed.. So cute.. 

• Like 8

More proof that the emperor is not what he appears.

Spoiler

The actor who played the emperor commented on wb "I swear to Chairman Mao (Chinese version of I swear to God) that the emperor is smart." :joy:

p159765145.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Molan's husband had learnt how she had duped him. Shouldn't MamaLiang and her son be making life tough for her? Why does she have so much idle time at hand to plan the death of ML?:triumph:  I am dissapointed with the Liang household.

Madam Wang's parenting skills are worse than ShenHong's. If ML or his other kids ever accuse him of favoritism he can always give her example for them to compare.

Danju was married with more fanfare than Molan.She can turn green,purple,magenta with envy.:lol:

Big Madam's disappointment don't seem to stop.Neither her mom,son or husband are too perturbed for her feelings. All of SH's wives had a terrible ending.If only he had managed his household better, the ending might not have been so bitter.

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, matrim said:

More proof that the emperor is not what he appears.

Reveal hidden contents

The actor who played the emperor commented on wb "I swear to Chairman Mao (Chinese version of I swear to God) that the emperor is smart." :joy:

p159765145.jpg

Wow.. So gty managed to corrupt emperor as well.. To pretend rage vs gty. Very convincing. Did empress in on it as well? :D

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Molan's husband had learnt how she had duped him. Shouldn't MamaLiang and her son be making life tough for her? Why does she have so much idle time at hand to plan the death of ML?:triumph:  I am dissapointed with the Liang household.

Madam Wang's parenting skills are worse than ShenHong's. If ML or his other kids ever accuse him of favoritism he can always give her example for them to compare.

Danju was married with more fanfare than Molan.She can turn green,purple,magenta with envy.:lol:

Big Madam's disappointment don't seem to stop.Neither her mom,son or husband are too perturbed for her feelings. All of SH's wives had a terrible ending.If only he had managed his household better, the ending might not have been so bitter.

SH like a kite.. Easily sway. Everytime wang mother told him something, he seems to agree. Then ml countered her, SH then agreed with ml. Ha ha. He was such a weak man. Pity him

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, leeza77 said:

The emperor is really poisoned by the consort. 

Hide contents

The new trailer shows that the emperor's rage towards gty for not reporting to him first, after coming back from his investigation of salt business. Emperor didn't even consider that if gty didn't come back on time to his manor, ml will be killed by kang auntie. Such an ungrateful man. Gty is his strongest supporter and the cleverest one. The one he can rely on, but he's listening to his evil consort. Guess, gty is demoted to ordinary soldier because of this. Very sad. A good loyal and talented supporter is treated like this by the emperor. 

Well, good excuse. Afterall he was not there during her late stages of pregnancy and delivery.

Now more time to care (also safety) for ML and his newborn. Their family bond will get stronger.

• Like 6

@leeza77 I reckon he was genuinely scared of ML after that. He slapped her thinking it would make her back down, only to have it backfire and she came in even stronger. 

ML is actually quite scary when trying to avenge granny! Super badass! :wub:B)

The way she calmly plotted, and executed, including bringing the 2 sons of the Mdm Kang's most trusted aide. 

Didn't even hesitate to torture them to get a confession. 

Merely "I haven't got time for this, I need some answers" *tortures them*

All the while, looking at SH bewildered/ shocked face!

The convo after that with the dad, when she said she will bring them out of the house before killing them, which SH said since when the docile and obedient girl turned this way, her answer of "that's right...I wonder why..." was actually quite sad. 

In a way, it's her telling him because he couldn't protect her and couldn't protect grandma, she would...

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Sure that describes her  :joy:

giphy.gif

• LOL 13

13 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Sure that describes her  :joy:

giphy.gif

Lmao :joy: I'm dying at your meme :joy: lololol 

• LOL 8

32 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

@leeza77 I reckon he was genuinely scared of ML after that. He slapped her thinking it would make her back down, only to have it backfire and she came in even stronger. 

ML is actually quite scary when trying to avenge granny! Super badass! :wub:B)

The way she calmly plotted, and executed, including bringing the 2 sons of the Mdm Kang's most trusted aide. 

Didn't even hesitate to torture them to get a confession. 

Merely "I haven't got time for this, I need some answers" *tortures them*

All the while, looking at SH bewildered/ shocked face!

The convo after that with the dad, when she said she will bring them out of the house before killing them, which SH said since when the docile and obedient girl turned this way, her answer of "that's right...I wonder why..." was actually quite sad. 

In a way, it's her telling him because he couldn't protect her and couldn't protect grandma, she would...

The "docile obedient" girl was just a mask she wore for a long time, right after her mother death. The mask has already vanished little by little from the time she plotted vs danniang. Her marriage to gty speed up the process. She has reverted to her old self when she was five, full of spirit and energy. A little girl who was not afraid and very brave, outspoken and outstanding. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

SH like a kite.. Easily sway. Everytime wang mother told him something, he seems to agree. Then ml countered her, SH then agreed with ml. Ha ha. He was such a weak man. Pity him

:joy:. He is doing the balancing act to make sure whichever side prevails he is not thought of too unkindly.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

11 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

She was the Grand Princess in N1. 

Thanks for your info.. i don't watcg nif 1 for the sad ending

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The "docile obedient" girl was just a mask she wore for a long time, right after her mother death. The mask has already vanished little by little from the time she plotted vs danniang. Her marriage to gty speed up the process. She has reverted to her old self when she was five, full of spirit and energy. A little girl who was not afraid and very brave, outspoken and outstanding. 

I don't disagree, but I don't think she will go to this extent of locking down the manor, guarding all entrance and exits, lure the people over, hold them down, torture them when necessary if they haven't mess with granny though. 

She was pretty much putting everything on the line for justice. Willing to sacrifice everything..even if it means getting disowned..

Even when she plotted against CL, no one actually knew she masterminded CL fall from grace. 

This time it was just no holding back. Whoever on her way, will be swept aside...

She literally control the whole household with her guards and trusted aides. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I don't disagree, but I don't think she will go to this extent of locking down the manor, guarding all entrance and exits, lure the people over, hold them down, torture them when necessary if they haven't mess with granny though. 

She was pretty much putting everything on the line for justice. Willing to sacrifice everything..even if it means getting disowned..

Even when she plotted against CL, no one actually knew she masterminded CL fall from grace. 

This time it was just no holding back. Whoever on her way, will be swept aside...

She literally control the whole household with her guards and trusted aides. 

Well gty's domineering ways rubbed on her very much.. B)

• LOL 8

2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

Molan's husband had learnt how she had duped him. Shouldn't MamaLiang and her son be making life tough for her? Why does she have so much idle time at hand to plan the death of ML?:triumph:  I am dissapointed with the Liang household..

I also thought Molan would have a hard time at the Liangs, but maybe after sixth Liang found out how devious Molan is, he pays no attention to her, hence Molan having so much idle time doing whatever she likes. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@matrim  With ML birthing sons even if GTy is exield and they are divorce ML and her children would never be safe from step mom because to her eldest son down to the last son are all in line to gain the marquis title.. Once all of them is dead can the evil step mom gains what she's been after all along...
@matrim

@Suzzy San

True, stepmom won't stop until all GTY's heirs are dead. My point is, after the divorce ML would return to Sheng Household and leave her son in GTY manor (I don't think she has the right to keep the son as he is the legitimate heir to GTY.). So it makes no sense for stepmom to go all out to kill ML as she is no longer Madam Gu and guardian of GTY's heir. As GTY's main concern is ML's safety, I reckon this is the best solution for GTY to keep ML out of harm's way.

• Like 6