Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Hello chingu

I do love the Empress but there was a scene where I think she intentionally hurt ML by telling her about Prince Huan faced two assassination attempt and her husband saved her son. ML reaction was on point but I wondered if the Empress facial reaction was of guilt or glee to hurt ML because ML told her that she has to fix the problem because it began with her. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello chingu

I do love the Empress but there was a scene where I think she intentionally hurt ML by telling her about Prince Huan faced two assassination attempt and her husband saved her son. ML reaction was on point but I wondered if the Empress facial reaction was of guilt or glee to hurt ML because ML told her that she has to fix the problem because it began with her. 

Sorry i don't agree with you.

Since empress told ML about the assassination before ML told empress about her strategy

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello chingu

I don't think that empress has any ill intention towards ml when she said about the assisination attempt. She didn't know that gty didn't send the news to ml about that. Her reaction just.. Opps i've said something that i'm not supposed to. Regret. Uncomfortable. But not glee. 

2nd point ml didn't tell empress to fix the problem bcoz it's originated from her.. But to solve it as an example of leadership eventhough the mistake was not done by her. 

This move by the empress actually stupefied ED and put ED in a difficult. She has to be magnanimous and accept the apology from emperor and empress and not to insist on heavy punishment for general sheng. Lol.. She did wonder who gave the excellent advice to the empress as she knows the empress is not someone who can think of that insightful and brilliant move as she's more a straightforward honest woman. ED v Ml: Ml scored twice vs ED

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Is that when ML kisses him on the cheeks multiple times?

It's heartwarming to see that the fearful child she locked deep within is finally seeing she too has someone to rely on...and finally open up herself again...

Maybe she's happy now that he's back and she can finally eat and sleep to her hearts content. He can handle all the stress.:lol:

The kiss did also happen in the book but way before when she first came into Gu manor. I think the writers didn't think it appropriate to put it in then so they added it now. If I remember correctly,  it was when everyone was forcing concubines on them and even ML gave her consent but GTY got mad and refused and told everyone he wanted Di (legitimate) heirs. Granny told her to appreciate the good things he was doing for her. So she did it as a thank you. I think it was when she was comparing him with Doc HHW and saying he left her to handle the thing with the cousin while GTY stood beside her to handle it all himself.

9 hours ago, minglan1 said:

I was wondering if ED used her tricks to implicate GTY in Aunt Kang's death by creating ruckus in the court.It would leave the emperor no choice other  than  imprison and then get him out by demotion.

I really hope GTY does not get trapped in ED schemes. They have shown us again and again how smart he is. He's also keeping notice of all that ED is doing ....so getting trapped will be very unbelievable. I'm hoping he willingly enters their trap so that ED plans are out in the open and the emperor's side can face this enemy head on.  

1 hour ago, shihuangdi said:

In the novel, ML is a time traveller??? So when did the future ML replace past ML? Since she was a child?

When ML's mother died and ML fell sick, the past ML died and future ML took over.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, dito said:

Maybe she's happy now that he's back and she can finally eat and sleep to her hearts content. He can handle all the stress.:lol:

The kiss did also happen in the book but way before when she first came into Gu manor. I think the writers didn't think it appropriate to put it in then so they added it now. If I remember correctly,  it was when everyone was forcing concubines on them and even ML gave her consent but GTY got mad and refused and told everyone he wanted Di (legitimate) heirs. Granny told her to appreciate the good things he was doing for her. So she did it as a thank you. I think it was when she was comparing him with Doc HHW and saying he left her to handle the thing with the cousin while GTY stood beside her to handle it all himself.

I really hope GTY does not get trapped in ED schemes. They have shown us again and again how smart he is. He's also keeping notice of all that ED is doing ....so getting trapped will be very unbelievable. I'm hoping he willingly enters their trap so that ED plans are out in the open and the emperor's side can face this enemy head on.  

When ML's mother died and ML fell sick, the past ML died and future ML took over.

Gty said that ml can always lean on him and he was content with what he has now. This is where ml decide to be open with her love and affection towards gty as  gty has accepted her true self and no longer kind of buldoze her to reveal her feeling to him. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, matrim said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the novel Grandma stays with CB afterwards and they live outside the capital as CB is a local official. To stay with eldest son or eldest grandson is approved by customs, but to live in a granddaughter's household is out of the question. So filial as ML can't win the war of inviting Grandma to live with her, although she does make several attempts in the epilogue.

Thanks for this info @matrim  ML really has come out of her shell. I am glad Old Mrs Shen  will be in a safe environment.  

@tinast and @leeza77  Thanks for answering me, :D I sometimes mix up the scene with the timing when watching these dramas. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c5aa3122e676c6c49

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Sorry this can be off topic but...

Omg, I felt like I had this connection with Auntie Kang somewhere like I've seen her before. Took me long enough to remember her from NIF 1+2 and in AoL as Jinmi's mother. I swear she's so pretty tho, she can be that cold hearted neutral character to a heartbroken one, or be a strong supportive person, and here we have a spoilt villainess. :phew:

Oh yea, does anyone know if the grandmother will stay with Minglan or still the Sheng family afterwards like after the poison incident or when GTY and ML moves out of the capital?

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

What? Daniang too? SH was the emp? I didn't really pay attention oopsie. :astonished: I need to watch them again XD

She's seen around Lin Xi in S2, it's been so long but I think helps around with herbs and stuff while on the other hand she is on undercover.

Reveal hidden contents

N28cQRe.jpg

Changfeng was MuQing....Nihuang's brother

Emperor was Shen Zui in NIF...Prince Jing's first supporter

Kang Aunts husband was Cai Quan...Prince jing second supporter

Duke of Ying was Xia Jiang in NIF

Prince Yong...QH's first father inlaw was Prince Ji, emperor's brother who liked music and frequented brothels

Qi daren...QH's dad looks like one of Jingrui dads....the one who was used as an assassin by Marquis Xie 

Daylight production like to use many of the same actors, it seems.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, minglan1 said:

Indeed was sad to see her that way.She found it so hard to believe her own sibling could betray her so mercilessly. She had strong faith in her blood ties so ignored everyone's warning of not associating with her elder sister.The actress who played big madam was very good in emoting the scenes.

She played the naive role very well.  She may appear a little mean at times but you could see where her sister is concerned she is totally blind to reasons.  Her disbelief that her own blood sister could manipulate her so well so as to be able to later on blackmail her for favours. That her own grandson could have eaten the cakes was not even in her thoughts.   You could see the fleeting emotion on her face.  This actress is indeed well chosen for her part.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, matrim said:

I don't like the downfall plot either but somehow understand the intention behind it. Drama ML is a stronger and more independent character compared with novel counterpart. To show this the drama has to make some changes in power dynamics between GTY and ML. From the beginning of their marriage GTY has been the protector and the stronger one, but after his downfall it's the other way around. ML is the protector and his savior now. The dramatic change of position can force them to reveal their inner self, to deepen their mutual understanding and acts as a catalyst, to speed up their love towards each other.

If you want to know if someone truly loves you, this is perhaps the best test ever.  If someone is prepared to go through hardship for you, then it is a keeper.  :D 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dito said:

Changfeng was MuQing....Nihuang's brother

Emperor was Shen Zui in NIF...Prince Jing's first supporter

Kang Aunts husband was Cai Quan...Prince jing second supporter

Duke of Ying was Xia Jiang in NIF

Prince Yong...QH's first father inlaw was Prince Ji, emperor's brother who liked music and frequented brothels

Qi daren...QH's dad looks like one of Jingrui dads....the one who was used as an assassin by Marquis Xie 

Daylight production like to use many of the same actors, it seems.

Ohh, Kang aunts' husband...he is Cai Quan? wow I really miss that one. 

yeah, Daylight production seems like to use many actress and actors already well known to them (not that I complain though, the actors and actress are very good); maybe because it's easier to work with as they already know each other well enough so less trouble in location shooting. However, I think many actress and actors are very much willing to work with daylight production too since their works are usually very successful. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, leeza77 said:

If the main characters should be like sh and danniang i. e ordinary, selfish and having no affection towards children, well i willn't watch this drama. Sorry. :joy:

LOL - you said it all @leeza77  

We are all watching this drama because it is what it is.  Otherwise it would have been quite boring.  :glasses:  Let's just all enjoy the drama.  Naturally, a debate is healthy but let's do it peacefully.  We could all get carried away and that is totally fine.  It means that the actors and actresses did a darn good job hence we are emotionally involved :joy:    

I did not read the novel and preferred not to do so, so I can totally enjoy the drama the way it is and not constantly comparing.  The last time I did it with Harry Potter, it totally ruined it for me.  That doesn't mean that I was not curious.  I think all of us agreed (to some extent) that this is a good watch so lets enjoy!  I am discovering a lot of actors and actresses that I have never heard of before which is a good thing as I hardly ever watch dramas except when something caught my fancy. I hope their rating continues to go up.......YESSSSSSS    

• Like 10

2 hours ago, dito said:

Thanks for the info @dito 

If so, i reckon I'd be patient and wait for the kiss. It seems more apt for her to open up now since they have been married longer, been through a bit together, and now with her throwing it all to protect and avenge the granny, he's right behind her supporting her all the way...

The wait was worth the while. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dito said:

My suspicion too. Emperor's side has fallen into EP's traps time and again. The power game would be too one-sided and wearisome if GTY and Prince Huan continue to not anticipate ED's moves. I also hope he willingly enters the trap as a part of a bigger plan and uses it as a decoy to lure ED side come into the open. In the trailer when GTY talks to ML in prison, he says "Staying with me will be dangerous." and asks for a amicable seperation. I think he is not only referring to his stepmom but ED, who has long been aware of ML's ability as a strategist. I remember the scene when ED hears ML's influence on Madam Zhang and comments that both GTY and ML has become emperor's able hands. Even with GTY out of the way, ML can give advice to the empress and Madam Zhang if needed, so she still will be viewed as a threat by ED. With GTY's absence and nobody else to protect her, she could become an easy target for ED. The above reasoning is on the assumption that ML maintains her conferred title so as a influential noble madam may enter the palace. From this one may deduce that GTY's "crime" is not serious enough to cost him his title but only his position, so in this case the best way to protect ML when he's gone will be an amicable seperation, to pull ML out of the power struggle center. After their divorce, ML would become an ordinary official's daughter and will no longer have the chance to communicate with empress or Madam Zhang, therefore no longer a dangerous threat to ED. And as she is not Marquis Gu's wife any more, ML would be safe from GTY stepmom.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 8

3 hours ago, dito said:

The kiss scene takes place when ML returns to Sheng household as a newly-wed bride. On their way back to GTY manor she compares GTY with HHW and says with him in front of her and protecting her, she will be afraid of nothing. But when ML kisses GTY (a quick peck on the face), she makes a slip of tongue: "Second uncle, you're so nice..." which darkens his face. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, dito said:

If this is the case, the novel ML won’t have that much hatred towards Linniang then? Since she didn’t experience the pain of losing her mother and saw how Linning cause the death of her mother. This is probably way novel Linniang was not beaten to death and just sent to a farms. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Thanks for the info @dito 

If so, i reckon I'd be patient and wait for the kiss. It seems more apt for her to open up now since they have been married longer, been through a bit together, and now with her throwing it all to protect and avenge the granny, he's right behind her supporting her all the way...

The wait was worth the while. 

Yes it feels more apt now. The one in the book felt more like ML acting than ML actually feeling.

41 minutes ago, matrim said:

The kiss scene takes place when ML returns to Sheng household as a newly-wed bride. On their way back to GTY manor she compares GTY with HHW and says with him in front of her and protecting her, she will be afraid of nothing. But when ML kisses GTY (a quick peck on the face), she makes a slip of tongue: "Second uncle, you're so nice..." which darkens his face. :joy:

Lol, I forgot she called him Second uncle then. He was so surprised and happy with the kiss...and that ML initiated it but then she ruined it all with the second uncle:lol:

• LOL 8

10 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

If this is the case, the novel ML won’t have that much hatred towards Linniang then? Since she didn’t experience the pain of losing her mother and saw how Linning cause the death of her mother. This is probably way novel Linniang was not beaten to death and just sent to a farms. 

Yeah, She had no problem with Lin niang until she started making things difficult for ML. ML, even guessed Lin niang must be involved in the death of ML's mom, but she never let on to anyone. She also never got involved into RL and Molan's fights. And did all she could to stay out of their sights. QH paying attention to ML was what brought both RL and Molan's ire on her. The only person she liked in the Sheng family, other than granny,  was Changbai.

• Like 8

http://t.cn/Ec53fnZ?m=4336798451093941&u=1897410357

New trailer. GTY and CB's return to the capital is secret and not granted by the emperor. ML is shocked to hear this as it is a major offence. And the emperor knows it too. He gets angry and curses GTY, but at the end his meaningful side glance makes me wonder if he's been playing games all along.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, matrim said:

http://t.cn/Ec53fnZ?m=4336798451093941&u=1897410357

New trailer. GTY and CB's return to the capital is secret and not granted by the emperor. ML is shocked to hear this as it is a major offence. And the emperor knows it too. He gets angry and curses GTY, but at the end his meaningful side glance makes me wonder if he's been playing games all along.

Man I really really hope this is the reason for the punishment and not something that ED planned but planned by the emperor or Huan wang to out ED. Off to watch...

• Like 7