Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, dito said:

 

It was after GTY came back to help her handle the aftermath of the poisoning that ML realized that she is not alone anymore. And that like grandma, GTY will always be her rock, giving her support, protecting her. I think it was because of this realization she finally opened up to him later.

Is that when ML kisses him on the cheeks multiple times?

It's heartwarming to see that the fearful child she locked deep within is finally seeing she too has someone to rely on...and finally open up herself again...

 

6 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

When I mtl’d the book I was really moved by what ml said here. As a time traveller she can see how pitiful grandma really is, that “you still have me” is really sad, because in that house they do only have each other

In the drama, even without the time travel element, grandma still really has no one that's related by 'flesh and blood'...

It's really nice to see regardless of the flesh and blood, she is ML's pillar of strength, her mentor, her everything..

That sometimes, 'flesh and blood' really don't amount to as much as love and care. 

Because, even with ML's flesh and blood connection with Sheng, she still really has no one but grandma to protect her...

Perhaps that's also how ML learned to love Rong'er as her own even if she's not her biological child...

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

 

@minglan1  It was sad to see Big Mdm after all that's happen still couldn't weigh the pros and cons to this incident.. Even her trusted servant said she didn't like that Aunty Kang was hanging around a lot and knew it wasn't nothing good to come out of it.. It took Sh to tell her if she had to comply because ML had the noose around her neck and she still looked dumb trying to protect her sister..

 

Indeed was sad to see her that way.She found it so hard to believe her own sibling could betray her so mercilessly. She had strong faith in her blood ties so ignored everyone's warning of not associating with her elder sister.The actress who played big madam was very good in emoting the scenes.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dito said:

 

I hope the empress helps them. GTY and ML have been getting her family out of one mess after another ever since they came to the capital.

But I really wish they hadn't added the downfall storyline. Its already looking quite a bit rushed with one disaster after another happening in their lives. To put it in sequence....after the poisoning is sorted out...ML goes into labor...then the fire....Kang aunt attacks and is killed....then the downfall...banging of the drum...GTY in prison...(maybe before the drum scene)....GTY gets demoted to foot soldier and goes off to fight. ED starts rebellion....ML defends Gu manor. Stepmom again tries to kill them....but her son dies instead. GTY again saves the prince and helps stop the rebellion. GTY gets his position back. GTY and ML decide to leave the capital.

I don't think 14 epis will be enough to show all this.

I was wondering if ED used her tricks to implicate GTY in Aunt Kang's death by creating ruckus in the court.It would leave the emperor no choice other  than  imprison and then get him out by demotion.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dito said:

 

I hope the empress helps them. GTY and ML have been getting her family out of one mess after another ever since they came to the capital.

But I really wish they hadn't added the downfall storyline. Its already looking quite a bit rushed with one disaster after another happening in their lives. To put it in sequence....after the poisoning is sorted out...ML goes into labor...then the fire....Kang aunt attacks and is killed....then the downfall...banging of the drum...GTY in prison...(maybe before the drum scene)....GTY gets demoted to foot soldier and goes off to fight. ED starts rebellion....ML defends Gu manor. Stepmom again tries to kill them....but her son dies instead. GTY again saves the prince and helps stop the rebellion. GTY gets his position back. GTY and ML decide to leave the capital.

I don't think 14 epis will be enough to show all this.

That`s indeed a lot for 14 eps to cover but I think they will cover them.In the mv trailer most of these shown in it.So the upcoming eps going to to be so great cuz after the poisoning is sorted out .Ml heart will finally open towards GTY.when she gives birth.it shows that she totally changed towards GTY.so i think it worth the waiting for it.Can`t wait to see jealousy ML:lol:.

Also i think that the prison eps will show how ML cares and tries her best to help GTY.Hope that the two of them will be done sorting their feeling for each other to make each of them have the trust they want in their partner.especially ML.there`s a lot of things that will happened that will change her heart.

And the most awaiting part is the fall of that stupid stepmother:angry:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she get pregnant a second time because in the preview it shows her vomiting with only two people by her side she is wearing white clothes 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dito said:

Lin niang was sent away to a farmstead I think. She was brought back later. But before she was brought back Daniang made her loose her looks. I don't remember reading this but I read a spoiler that said Daniang ordered the servants to starve her for few days and then feed her lard day and night.....so that she becomes fat.  

Spoiler

CL was locked in a small room of a farmstead and was given nothing to eat except for three bowls of rice mixed with pork fat. She had no choice but to eat it and in half a year she became fat and lost her beauty. The insidious idea was from Aunt Kang, not Big Madam. This part is told in one of the epilogues, about the wife of Chang Dong (SH's youngest son, cut in the drama).

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dito said:

 

I hope the empress helps them. GTY and ML have been getting her family out of one mess after another ever since they came to the capital.

But I really wish they hadn't added the downfall storyline. Its already looking quite a bit rushed with one disaster after another happening in their lives. To put it in sequence....after the poisoning is sorted out...ML goes into labor...then the fire....Kang aunt attacks and is killed....then the downfall...banging of the drum...GTY in prison...(maybe before the drum scene)....GTY gets demoted to foot soldier and goes off to fight. ED starts rebellion....ML defends Gu manor. Stepmom again tries to kill them....but her son dies instead. GTY again saves the prince and helps stop the rebellion. GTY gets his position back. GTY and ML decide to leave the capital.

I don't think 14 epis will be enough to show all this.

I don't like the downfall plot either but somehow understand the intention behind it. Drama ML is a stronger and more independent character compared with novel counterpart. To show this the drama has to make some changes in power dynamics between GTY and ML. From the beginning of their marriage GTY has been the protector and the stronger one, but after his downfall it's the other way around. ML is the protector and his savior now. The dramatic change of position can force them to reveal their inner self, to deepen their mutual understanding and acts as a catalyst, to speed up their love towards each other.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, matrim said:

I don't like the downfall plot either but somehow understand the intention behind it. Drama ML is a stronger and more independent character compared with novel counterpart. To show this the drama has to make some changes in power dynamics between GTY and ML. From the beginning of their marriage GTY has been the protector and the stronger one, but after his downfall it's the other way around. ML is the protector and his savior now. The dramatic change of position can force them to reveal their inner self, to deepen their mutual understanding and acts as a catalyst, to speed up their love towards each other.

I agree. I understand it but honestly I don't like it because there is proof that she tried to kill Minglan since I am sure there are other witnesses so the fact he goes to jail for killing her when she tried to kill his wife is honestly sooo annoying. What was he supposed to do? Stand by and watch? But I could be wrong. Maybe he gets imprisoned for something else. Wow stepmom is going to be over the moon happy. Does his title get taken away as well? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

I agree. I understand it but honestly I don't like it because there is proof that she tried to kill Minglan since I am sure there are other witnesses so the fact he goes to jail for killing her when she tried to kill his wife is honestly sooo annoying. What was he supposed to do? Stand by and watch? But I could be wrong. Maybe he gets imprisoned for something else. Wow stepmom is going to be over the moon happy. Does his title get taken away as well? 

I don't think that he was jailed because killing auntie kang. ED was not that muddled. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, frenchfan said:

Well lots of happenings.  You have to watch the episodes to catch up dear :kiss_wink:  On top of Auntie Kang and evil stepmom, now we have the power hungry Empress Dowager, her spy (and niece) who is the royal consort to the current emperor who started to show their true colours.  General Shen's concubine (late wife's sister) tried to stop the royal doctor from assisting the birth and ML has to weild a sword to get him from the concubine's house........to the Empress asking for royal pardon from the emperor for her brother, General Shen (actually this was ML's idea) thereby thwarting the ED's plan.  Lots of stuff unfolding.....and the evil stepmom is losing her cool now that ML is pregnant.  

 

I meant like spoilers i have missed but just looked and finally the Kang BISH is getting what she deserve's. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

I meant like spoilers i have missed but just looked and finally the Kang BISH is getting what she deserve's. 

Empress didn't asked for royal pardon her brother, instead she asked for punishment from emperor because of her failure to control her family resulted to near death of madam zhou. Ml idea was as a superior you must give an example for your subject and took responsibility for any wrong committed (by your family) 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Empress didn't asked for royal pardon her brother, instead she asked for punishment from emperor because of her failure to control her family resulted to near death of madam zhou. Ml idea was as a superior you must give an example for your subject and took responsibility for any wrong committed (by your family) 

 

I think that's smart of the empress and makes alot of sense. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 32 the conversation of ML and daddy Sheng. Dad wanted to go over and argue the case of aunt Kang at the Kang house and ML said no because they won't hand the woman to them after they hear the arguments. ML wanted the Kang woman in the Sheng Manor. The matter of how the Kang woman will be dealt with, should be decided by the Sheng family, that they have the final say. 

 

This got her father shaken 

 

Daddy Sheng: how else did you want to deal with her, are you planning to have her life?

 

ML: don't worry dad, I am not going to implicate you, I will bring her out before I kill her. 

 

Daddy Sheng: What? You were the child that was so obedient and docile but how come your speech is full of fighting and killing now? You are like a Yaksha. 

 

ML: That is right, how is that?

 

Daddy: My God.... 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirry Usly said:

I agree. I understand it but honestly I don't like it because there is proof that she tried to kill Minglan since I am sure there are other witnesses so the fact he goes to jail for killing her when she tried to kill his wife is honestly sooo annoying. What was he supposed to do? Stand by and watch? But I could be wrong. Maybe he gets imprisoned for something else. Wow stepmom is going to be over the moon happy. Does his title get taken away as well? 

I'm not sure GTY's imprisonment is the result of killing Aunt Kang. Considering the circumstance, GTY's action would be excessive defense at most. I think there must be something else, something more political, devised by ED and Liu Gui Fei.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sava2sava

Right.. ep 60 is one of my favourite episode too. Every bit even the maid dropping her bowl.. we can feel the desperations emitted by all wanting to safe mother and baby... and tht scene when the parents walked away with their daughter and grandchild was priceless.

 

Elderly Duke of Ying is a complete opposite of SH.

 

Prolly another reason why ML found so much courage to break SH family traditions and formalities without reservations raised and voiced  her suspicions openly (and got slapped by SH)  and threatened to beat the drum??

 

Did not take long for SH to come to his senseless senses. LOL

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Episode 32 the conversation of ML and daddy Sheng. Dad wanted to go over and argue the case of aunt Kang at the Kang house and ML said no because they won't hand the woman to them after they hear the arguments. ML wanted the Kang woman in the Sheng Manor. The matter of how the Kang woman will be dealt with, should be decided by the Sheng family, that they have the final say. 

 

This got her father shaken 

 

Daddy Sheng: how else did you want to deal with her, are you planning to have her life?

 

ML: don't worry dad, I will not going to implicate you, I will bring her out before I kill her. 

 

Daddy Sheng: What? You were the child that was so obedient and docile but how come your speech is full of fighting and killing now? You are like a Yaksha. 

 

ML: That is right, how is that?

 

Daddy: My God.... 

 

 

When ml said that's right, how is that? I was thinking if gty hear the conversation, he must be very proud of ml. 

SH said my god, gty instead will say atta girl and takes it as a compliment.. Ha ha:joy:

  • LOL 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, hello210 said:

I agree that all the characters are grey and you can see that they are all shaped by circumstances in their lives. In my opinion, the only truly evil character in this drama is Aunt Kang. I only say this because she literally plays with the lives of everyone around her like they’re her play things to do with as she pleases. I get that as the main wife, she can pretty much do mostly whatever she wants with the concubines and Shu children in her household but everything she has done has been beyond cruel. Sending in a Shu daughter to purposely die so she can use her death to manipulate others is crazy. Stepmom comes close in the game of manipulation but Aunt Kang beats them all. I think maybe this is why I don’t watch a lot of palace dramas since it seems like making servants and unfavored children go on suicide missions is usually a norm in those types of dramas. 

@hello210  I applaud you for this yes Aunt Kang is true to her character and nature.. She just don't she'll do by all means to get what she wants.. It's sickens one to know she would go through such lengths to obtain it.. I thought her husband should have lock her up because she is what you call a true menace to society..Misery loves company her and Big Mdm are two miserable people for the same reasons they couldn't obtain there husbands love.. I have to say even during that time Aunt Kang shouldn't have never been allowed to marry she's to selfcentered..

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@hello210  I applaud you for this yes Aunt Kang is true to her character and nature.. She just don't she'll do by all means to get what she wants.. It's sickens one to know she would go through such lengths to obtain it.. I thought her husband should have lock her up because she is what you call a true menace to society..Misery loves company her and Big Mdm are two miserable people for the same reasons they couldn't obtain there husbands love.. I have to say even during that time Aunt Kang shouldn't have never been allowed to marry she's to selfcentered..

Agreed. Ml during the confrontation with Danniang said that Auntie Kang made danniang poisoned grandma and auntie kang will use the secret to blackmail danniang into submitting to her wishes. If Danniang is unable to do so, then Danniang will ask that from CB and Hualan. The whole family will be at the mercy of auntie kang. Danniang was so shocked that it was never crossed her mind the extend of auntie kang evilness. Another blow to danniang is that her grandson is frequently at grandma courtyard. There was huge risk that the child would to be poisoned if grandma gave her the lotus cake that day. This risk has never been foresee by danniang, but not auntie kang. She just proceed with the plan as cb's child is not her grandson. Cruel. 

For that her death is the best. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@hello210  I applaud you for this yes Aunt Kang is true to her character and nature.. She just don't she'll do by all means to get what she wants.. It's sickens one to know she would go through such lengths to obtain it.. I thought her husband should have lock her up because she is what you call a true menace to society..Misery loves company her and Big Mdm are two miserable people for the same reasons they couldn't obtain there husbands love.. I have to say even during that time Aunt Kang shouldn't have never been allowed to marry she's to selfcentered..

I'm sorry, i don't usually support or condone when a woman is being assaulted by a man be it in that era or now but i couldn't help burst out laughing when aunt kang's husband slapped her across her face and i was like "yes..give her another one!!"  such a pity he only gave her 1 :crazy:

  • LOL 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...