[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

Dowager sure is defiant & an eyesore. Filial piety is important. His Magesty doesnt want to acknowledge her & deceased emperor as parents. If it wasn't for him & TY, she'd be a head on pikes. He help saved her palace. The least she can do is to grant the title to his real father. Darn ingrate. QH being annoying again. Why cant he just hush up. Now TY is going to get whipped. :crazy:.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Dowager sure is defiant & an eyesore. Filial piety is important. His Magesty doesnt want to acknowledge her & deceased emperor as parents. If it wasn't for him & TY, she'd be a head on pikes. He help saved her palace. The least she can do is to grant the title to his real father. Darn ingrate. QH being annoying again. Why cant he just hush up. Now TY is going to get whipped. :crazy:.

It's okay. GTY was happy being whipped because the wifey will fuss over him. :lol:

Also gives them the opportunity to reconcile and talk...

So, it's all about perspectives. What seem horrible now may turn out to be good in long run. :lol:

3 hours ago, hello210 said:

That spoilt concubine and her family are idiots if they think they can pull something like that and get away with it when the Shen Da Niang is the cherished only daughter of Duke Ying, a powerful military family. Concubine Lin was lucky because ML’s mom didn’t come from a prestigious background so there was no one that could really do anything about it. It looked like in the previews there may be severe punishment coming for the Concubine. Was the husband being stupid and trying to protect her? 

I really like the friendship between GTY/ML and the Shen couple. They’re very compatible as friends. Only issue is General Shen being stuck on his Concubine/sister-in-law due to his previous love towards his dead wife (kinda like old Marquis Gu and stepmom—gross to me, it’s like marrying your own kid sister)

@hello210  Yes I feel you on these marriages,  She could have been raised in the palace as and adopted daughter just like QH mom.. They could have found a good marriage prospect for her making sure whomever she married she would be well taken care of.. Maybe the emperor would have wanted GTY straps to her but GTY made it clear to them all fron the beginning don't try and plan a marriage for me I already have my vride pick out all you need to do is make it and imperial marriage.. This could be why she went to Gnrl Shen. I don;t think they would ever thought her to behave like that yes a lil spoiled but she goes above and beyond.. Yes she needs to be punished and taught a good lesson maje her out to be a fine example for all those other concubines thst over step there bounds period..

On to our couple, ML is like she walk out of the Sheng house one day wondering around and still wondering..:rolleyes: Clueless clue can't pick up on a hint if GTY himself drew the clues for her which he has and she still looks lost and ask what do you mean and yet he just refuse to spell it out for her.:lol:. Then on top of all the cluesness GTY is just worried over nothing really..:w00t: Him longing to hear his wife validate her love for him might kill him if she don't tell him.. 

ML is so quick to be the outside person looking into someone elses problem when she herself knows it's something wrong with her on marriage.. She claims she thinks for him I'm like him which him is she thinking for. Then she stuck like chuck looking stupid :huh: with the Da look on her face :unsure:

I think since GTY see how clueless she is he could get Da Niang and 4th sister to talk to her about sometimes men like to be prasied by there wives and also needs to feel the wifes love.. In her mind as long as she's doing her wifely duties that's showing her husband she loves him the poor poor girl.. So one could understand why she's so clueless in this category of marriage.. GTY saus she like a 3yro child when it cones to love but has he look at the fact that he loves and sleeping with the 3yro child..   

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

It's okay. GTY was happy being whipped because the wifey will fuss over him. :lol:

Also gives them the opportunity to reconcile and talk...

So, it's all about perspectives. What seem horrible now may turn out to be good in long run. :lol:

TY sure was pleased. He's a lovesick puppy. It's good theyre open about their feelings somewhat now. I love that ML doesnt waste her energy on the concubine because she knows TY doesnt care for her. Although TY is making it a bit more muddled for her now.:sweatingbullets: Now she's not sure how to approach him. 

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Sh punish the concubine severally...she's really an evil person. Very brave and foolish of her to sabotage the delivery of madam zhang like that. 

Hi @leeza77   Who is SH????

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Ty's stepmom saying there's no such thing as a husband & wife being as one body but the irony is that ML & TY are two souls/one body together always. She underestimates them all the time. Her pettiness makes her a nearsighted dolt & that's why she loses everytime she plants her childish schemes. :P

The hug fight is funny. The argument perfectly illustrates how both are currently feeling. It's good to see them talk it out. There's truth in what ML say about men change in hearts & disposing their wives for other women & how if she was in that situation, she wouldnt be able to do anything about it. The thought of TY doing that really hurts her. TY needs to explicitly tell her he wouldnt do that to her since she doesnt realize it. More misunderstanding :sweatingbullets:.

ML & Danju scene is so bittersweet. ML is so thoughtful sending her off to a good person but Danju teary/not wanting to leave tugs my heartstrings.

XT & Shitou are cute. TY not paying any attention to the concubine like a walking nuisance. :rolleyes:

Well said chingu @greenwatch08  clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifThe more Little Mdm Qi plot against them, she pushes them closer. GTY and ML knows of their intentions of sending spies into their own home. Since they know their true intentions , they must be as one to stop them from causing major problems in their marriage. 

After watching Episode 55-56 with subs, I find QH to be disgusting. Why I say he is disgusting is because he has let himself be used and his own father believes that they should let him let him succeed and fall so he can learn his lesson. I agree because he won’t listen to anyone telling him what he is doing is wrong. THE ED played him well , she played don’t disrespect your mother and I have watched your mother grow up. But QH didn’t take into account that ED is the Emperor’s stepmom right now. He hasn’t read between the lines ED is saying. She wants The Emperor to acknowledge her as his mother so she can gain control and remain in power.  QH being sheltered and doesn’t know what it truly feels and mean to be adopted and not being able to recognize their own blood parents. Hasn’t even realized that he is insulting the Emperor  and that he is making the Emperor his ENEMY.  Instead of having the Emperor respect him , he has the Emperor lose all respect for him because he is siding with ED who still want to keep a corrupted court system. This is the first time I have come to really dislike QH. He has opposed the Emperor and now the Prime Minister because of his naivety. I wonder doesn’t QH take into account the good the Emperor has done since taking his position. The way he keeps going

I have a question Chingu’s  ( IS THIS DEBATE WAS DONE SO THEY CAN MAKE RHE ED STEP DOWN FROM PARTICIPATING IN COURT ANS RETIRE). If this the reason behind bringing this up, ED played her cards right she she can continue disrupting court and stopping the changes the Emperor is trying to make for the people. 

The problem with QH is that he really doesn’t know he is being manipulated and doesn’t understand how politics really work. He is being manipulated and once he loses his value, he will be thrown away like garbage and his career will be ruined. 

Omg in episode 55 when Shitou called XT, Tao'er literally makes me screamed with happiness! Yey his action of wooing XT is so obvious that GTY pointed it out loud hahaha. And in addition I'm so happy for Danju. Her cousin (future husband) sounds nice as he willing to wait for Danju and marries her. I hope for her happiness :)

21 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

@lxands That's what I'm talking about. QH clearly was not the suitable match for ML, he is too ideal and naive to handle the situation. QH has made many mistakes during the way but not taking GTY's suggestion was the one thing he did right. He shouldn't be blamed for that and GTY shouldn't keep bringing it back in front of him.

Exactly...GTY shdnt keep bringing up abt his offer to help becos face it, at the time he has already fallen for ML. His offer was to clear his conscience. So when QH refused his offer, he feels he has done his best to help QH & thus has every right to pursue ML. But then again there's no fairness when it comes to love, so the best man wins. QH had his chances twice, but he never use it wisely nor grab it fierceful enuf, while GTY went out of his way to ensure he gets ML. So it proof enuf GTY is the best man for ML

Ep 55..gty and the prime minister sh consult ml about the issue emperor.. She correctly read ed's character that ed will not easily backdown. No, the pm has fallen into ed trap.. And the stupid qh was used again and again by the ED... 

18 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Well said chingu @greenwatch08  clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifThe more Little Mdm Qi plot against them, she pushes them closer. GTY and ML knows of their intentions of sending spies into their own home. Since they know their true intentions , they must be as one to stop them from causing major problems in their marriage. 

After watching Episode 55-56 with subs, I find QH to be disgusting. Why I say he is disgusting is because he has let himself be used and his own father believes that they should let him let him succeed and fall so he can learn his lesson. I agree because he won’t listen to anyone telling him what he is doing is wrong. THE ED played him well , she played don’t disrespect your mother and I have watched your mother grow up. But QH didn’t take into account that ED is the Emperor’s stepmom right now. He hasn’t read between the lines ED is saying. She wants The Emperor to acknowledge her as his mother so she can gain control and remain in power.  QH being sheltered and doesn’t know what it truly feels and mean to be adopted and not being able to recognize their own blood parents. Hasn’t even realized that he is insulting the Emperor  and that he is making the Emperor his ENEMY.  Instead of having the Emperor respect him , he has the Emperor lose all respect for him because he is siding with ED who still want to keep a corrupted court system. This is the first time I have come to really dislike QH. He has opposed the Emperor and now the Prime Minister because of his naivety. I wonder doesn’t QH take into account the good the Emperor has done since taking his position. The way he keeps going

I have a question Chingu’s  ( IS THIS DEBATE WAS DONE SO THEY CAN MAKE RHE ED STEP DOWN FROM PARTICIPATING IN COURT ANS RETIRE). If this the reason behind bringing this up, ED played her cards right she she can continue disrupting court and stopping the changes the Emperor is trying to make for the people. 

The problem with QH is that he really doesn’t know he is being manipulated and doesn’t understand how politics really work. He is being manipulated and once he loses his value, he will be thrown away like garbage and his career will be ruined. 

Sorry.. Sh means should. 

25 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Pretty much.

He such a dolt & naive. He's setting himself up to be played like a tool. Even his parents realize QH is putting himself in hot water. He has nothing to gain from all of this. He needs to set his personal agenda against TY aside. He's childish & still doesn't seem to realize his actions affects ML too. 

40 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ep 55..gty and the prime minister sh consult ml about the issue emperor.. She correctly read ed's character that ed will not easily backdown. No, the pm has fallen into ed trap.. And the stupid qh was used again and again by the ED... 

Sorry.. Sh means should. 

W/ or w/out consulting ML, I think either way, they would have fallen into Dowager's trap, since His Majesty continued to press on about the granting his parents the royal title. The timing was not good, since the Queen already knows about Majesty's request. 

ED using the whole seal/papers & dinner arrangement as an excuse to paint Majesty's side as the ones w/ill intentions irks me. QH continues to show why he such a dolt. He needs to evaluate the situation thoroughly. 

3 hours ago, hello210 said:

No, General Shen doesn’t love the Concubine but he did love his dead wife. His dead wife also sacrificed herself for his sister, the current Empress. His love and guilt had previously kept him from getting to know Lady Zhang, his current wife, who is actually more similar in personality to his previous wife then he thought. The concubine reminds me of Aunt Kang and Stepmom, spoiled by their maternal families so they think they can do whatever they want. Even worse, she makes herself more public because she’s able to play on the guilt of the Empress and Emperor. No concubine goes out to banquets and events like that, only main wives.

If she doesn’t get beat or inprisoned, she better at least get permanent exile.:angry:

Well said.  General Shen loved his late wife so much.  GTY revealed this to ML that he has never seen a more in-love couple than those two and then when she died, he was broken.  Coming back from war, to instill peace in his new court, the new emperor quickly given the decree for General Shen to marry Miss Zhang whose dad is powerful in court.  When he heard this, GTY was worried as he knows the emperor would od the same for him which pushed his initiatives further to marry ML.  This was in the conversation between GTY and the young prince (whose life GTY saved in the forest) who by the way becomes his good friend.

The concubine is very bratty and brazen.  In a way, since she grew up in the countryside, she is somewhat "unpolished".  But to keep the doctor from helping the main wife to birth the potential heir to Shen family is really underhand.  Luckily we have ML the mama tiger with her sword.  So fierce.  I like it.  

I disliked the actions of QH because under the facade of doing the right thing he is pretty much trying to get his revenge against gty. He isn't smart at all and he has a high opinion of himself being better than ther. At the same time everybody important in the court at some point will have to pick a side, the only hope for them is to pick the right side. 

Can't wait for the open war between the two sides.  And I wonder if they are going to change the ending for some characters like QH. I doubt he is coming out of this war unscathed.

9 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@linhlinh111  Thanks for this bit of news.. I know the book is more controversy  then the drama it self.. But this would be a nice way to kick the ED out of court and shut QH up once and for all.. I have in this forum that GTY do have a downfall from grace as we all know those things happens one can;t ride high all the time doing the Emperors dirty work. But if we have to see his ending atleast let it be with him ending the dowager,, He's the only one in the court thats on the king side with guts enough to do it..

@frenchfan I;m also liking the Lil girl holding to her fathers words and besides she didn;t have to get up top go look MoMo left there talking loud sht for all to her even the fourth and fifth house could have heard her because she wasn't whispoering nor bitting her tongue with what she has to say.. She also had to rip Step Mom mask off.. I bet she told Aunt who money they really living off of.. Because not for her Mdm the Gu house would have been gone long time ago.. Don't get it twisted.. She knows who is the real owner of the Gu house.. Off to watch that again I;'m cracking up just thinking about MoMo..

@Suzzy San  This puts me in the remind of the Korean drama Yi San.. His father was the crown prince.. Framed for rebellion and being at that time Yi San was the only male G/son to take his fathers place.. Instead of his G/father killing him like his dad his G/father listed him under his dead uncle and named him the crown prince.. Still taking his rightful place inheriting the throne after his father it just happen sooner.. Yi San argued with his G/father about who is father was.. Each time it was ask to him who his father was he would tell them Crown Prince Sado..  

But yes I can imagine what's going on in the heads of the Chinese thats watching this drama right along with the rest of us.. It's time they kick the dowager out this was a ridiculous beating..  The courts is for open debate regarding certain issues.. I see she's flexing her power for no reason at all she did that just to get back at GTY getting that seal from her and also trying to weaken the Emperors power..  GTy had a valid point.. This issues should have also been discussed amongst the scholars in school..

@zenya22  IOf course Molan got just what she wish for.. She ha a husband that has a house full of concubines having male decendants all but her.. Her own personal maid becoming her husbands concubine and maybe pregnant by her husnand by now.. Also ML telling her under no circumstance would her mom tablet be entered into the temple nor would her mom be listed into the Sheng Clan if dad tries anything funny she'll take the evidence and witness to the precint tio have her mom tried for murder.. Also in the mean time her husband found out he was schemed into marrying her.. So my guess is this is why he'll get back at her through her personal maid.. Her life is the hell she choose.. She's living in hell and her mom is burning in hell Molan is getting all her mom bad deeds..    

I would say this again, I feel bad for Molan's maid.  Being a concubine was not her choice.  She wanted to leave and go back to her hometown.  But Molan was too selfish to release her.  The way she cringed when 6th master Liang touched her made me feel terrible for her and her fate.  He promised to treat her "nice" if she tells him the truth or else..........

Of course now I have another favourite and it is Momo (GTY nursemaid).  Wow, she was so fierce.  You could see that even stepmom was a little scared of her when she started cursing :joy:

53 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I disliked the actions of QH because under the facade of doing the right thing he is pretty much trying to get his revenge against gty. He isn't smart at all and he has a high opinion of himself being better than ther. At the same time everybody important in the court at some point will have to pick a side, the only hope for them is to pick the right side. 

Can't wait for the open war between the two sides.  And I wonder if they are going to change the ending for some characters like QH. I doubt he is coming out of this war unscathed.

QH is picking the wrong side since he's a total pinhead. Dowager wanted to rid TY once because of wanting to appease corruption outside palace walls. TY thinks about the wellbeings of the people while dealing w/ everything from his personal affairs at home & his idiot GU house of a family. He's resolute/unwavering through & through. QH is such a stagnant character. Everything he's done at this point is to satisfy his pitiful self. He's living in lala land. I hope he gets his sour patootie handed to him like dry grapes on cold platter.

QH's mum coddled him too much which is why he grew up thinking the world is either black or white and go by the rules.  He has never had any upheaval in his life except when he was forced by his mum to marry for political alliances and thereby thwarted his plan to marry for love.  He never think of consequences of what his actions could bring to his family.  In a way he is very rash.  Even his parents could foresee the problems he is bringing by meeting all those officials to go against the emperor.  But he obviously would not listen and met with them anyway. 

Sometimes, I like to think that he just doing his job but sometimes, I wonder if he weren't just being a little petty towards GTY.  But what bothers me is that he is being used as a puppet by the ED and he could not see it.  Anyway, I am excited to see how it will unveil further.  I hope that GTY and his trusted friends at court will be able to kill off any rebellion and put eveyrone concerned to prison or exiled them.  Like the Royal consort (whom someone posted saying that she is the ED's niece ?), QH, all those corrupted officials etc......

Madame Kang and Qin should not just be beaten to death.  It is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy as punishment but rather, I want them to suffer before and repent for their hateful behaviour.  Nothing is worst than to their image and reputation being tarnished beyond repair so that they can no longer hold their heads up high, strutted around like proud peacocks (errrrr peahens) and to lose the respect of their peers.  That would just serve them right.     

Respect to QH's parents for letting him go and make his own mistakes.  But they only let him go now when the stakes are so huge after a lifetime of codling. 

Previously his mother only explained the family's situation and reasons why he could not marry ML when they reached crisis point. I don't know what to think about these parents.

In episode 55, the emperor said that "It is Prince Huan's blessings that's profound." This resulted Prince Huan to kneel infront of the emperor and empress. I really hope this is part of the emperor and his confidents' plan. Probably they want to show to the ED that the bond they have started to shake and the ED thinks that she now has the upper hand in their political battle. 

This actually worries me because the emperor seems to acted wary and his Guifei seems to be in hand with the ED...

6 minutes ago, dopez said:

In episode 55, the emperor said that "It is Prince Huan's blessings that's profound." This resulted Prince Huan to kneel infront of the emperor and empress. I really hope this is part of the emperor and his confidents' plan. Probably they want to show to the ED that the bond they have started to shake and the ED thinks that she now has the upper hand in their political battle. 

This actually worries me because the emperor seems to acted wary and his Guifei seems to be in hand with the ED...

Yes what isn't clear is the position  of the Emperor. I don't know if he has a plan or is part of the plan or he is falling in the trap. They are showing he is a good Emperor for the people, but at the same time he doesn't seem completely capable of Handling the court.

13 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Yes what isn't clear is the position  of the Emperor. I don't know if he has a plan or is part of the plan or he is falling in the trap. They are showing he is a good Emperor for the people, but at the same time he doesn't seem completely capable of Handling the court.

@dopez @fra8

I really can’t stand that woman. The moment she appeared on screen she was already trying to put doubts in the a Emperor’s head. She is also siding with him even though he is wrong so that he would be ready to turn against his own son and GTY. She is always whispering in his head about GTY and Prince Huan being so close. When we all know they both are on his ( Emperor ‘s) side. :bawling::tears:

I really hate this woman. By the way does she have any kids with the Emperor??

Jl-HFFfIXAVeDdD4UF3OeQ_ls4YQf3ALJ8oMNpzw

@Suzzy San... I am dying for that scene too. 

Archived