[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

GTY knows his wife doesn’t really understand love why does he have to be impatient. I wonder is there a reason he is rushing it. Is there something we the viewers don’t know about? I recall him telling ML that thing will be getting bumpy soon. When he said that , I assumed he was up to something with the Prince. 

Chingu’s isn’t it funny GTY and  the Prince have the same personality . They are really close, GTY who is just as impulsive is always stopping him from making the wrong choices. I think GTY chooses to make enemies to protect the people he cares about or very good to him. I think the Prince , the Emperor , his soldiers, ML , Shitou and Shitou are his Family. I think they have already started their strategy that will help the Emperor.  

What do you guys think???

What is GTY’s brother up to????

I found that scene at the window beautiful and forshadowing so you might be right. The struggle for power and the role everybody plays (GTY, ML,QH, but even minor characters like the general or the Empress) is the storyline that intrigues me the most. I don't know if his downfall is planned as many think or if somthing goes wrong in the plan and he gets in prison, but GTY is aware that it's going to be cruel and risky for anybody involved and he will be involved. So it makes sense that apart from his frustration, he wants everything soon because he can't predict the future. He even wanted to go to drink with her as much as possible since who knows the future.

And I agree that it's likely he and Prince Huan have a strategy because the situation with the ED could collapse at any moment. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@curiouser9  Bravo * CLAPPING* that is one of the things that bothered me the most. When QH’s mother came to see the Emperor to help her get her husband back, the ED refused to allow the Princess of Second Rank to see him. Clearly she was on the side of the people who was rebelling. Why the hell would the Princess allow her son to end up in the ED’s clutches unless the Princess didn’t connect the dots from the last rebellion.  So confused about this story line????

Besides , in the last episode The Princess and her husband look frightened after overhearing something. What frightened them so much from episode 58 in YouTube. 

ED was not supporting the rebels....she was supporting Prince Yong...the people who were holding QH's dad hostage to force him to agree to the marriage with the princess. Thats why she wouldn't let QH's mom meet the emperor.

The rebellion was led by Prince Yan who was supported by another concubine who wanted to take revenge for her sister who committed suicide after getting kidnapped and raped by Prince Yong's people.

Old Emperor had already planned to make Prince Yong his heir but before he could announce it the other prince rebelled. Prince Yong and his family were killed by the rebels  and Prince Yan and his rebels were all killed by GTY and Prince Huan. 

QH's mom and dad are looking scared because QH is going against the emperor by supporting the ED. Everyone knows ED would have to eventually give up and back out.....but giving her support will cause unrest in the court which will make the new emperor become angry at people causing the unrest. As we saw QH is now on emperor's sh*tlist.

P1: ml jealous.. Gty happy. Ml:'i' m not virtuous'. 

P2: Gty was sleeping. Ml sat beside him and staring at him, then softly touch gty's forehead.. It's love. 

P3: ml pregnant. Gty is too happy and treat her carefully. Asking her to rest and the food that she likes to eat.. Gty is on mother hen mood. 
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv343ftj20u00g9ab4.jpg
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv4orfej20u00gvgml.jpg
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv6n0z8j20m818qgp2.jpg

27 minutes ago, dito said:

ED was not supporting the rebels....she was supporting Prince Yong...the people who were holding QH's dad hostage to force him to agree to the marriage with the princess. Thats why she wouldn't let QH's mom meet the emperor.

The rebellion was led by Prince Yan who was supported by another concubine who wanted to take revenge for her sister who committed suicide after getting kidnapped and raped by Prince Yong's people.

Old Emperor had already planned to make Prince Yong his heir but before he could announce it the other prince rebelled. Prince Yong and his family were killed by the rebels  and Prince Yan and his rebels were all killed by GTY and Prince Huan. 

QH's mom and dad are looking scared because QH is going against the emperor by supporting the ED. Everyone knows ED would have to eventually give up and back out.....but giving her support will cause unrest in the court which will make the new emperor become angry at people causing the unrest. As we saw QH is now on emperor's sh*tlist.

Thanks clarifying the situation @dito I tend to get confused sometimes. :tears:.

2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

I think the one you're talking about is General Shen, who is the Empress's brother, Prince Huan's maternal uncle. All three were in disadvantage, but the concubine is the only one who behave badly. She was domineering and hell bent on bullying the main wife. If she was nice then the situation would not be that bad.

She seems young and reminded me of Rulan when Rulan was being spoilt and being a brat.  She is bullying Zhang because her husband did not sleep with her and she knew that General love his late wife very much so it kind of give her the incentive of saying, "We know him better than you do......"  I don't think she is malicious but she is definitely a spoilt girl with her constant whining......

7 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Didnt ML mention that someone would have to serve TY if when she gets pregnant? I'm not sure if she meant it as in close/intimate way like a concubine or like a servant? Or both? It was the conversation she had w/XT when TY was w/the concubine that night.

I recalled a conversation with Danju.  Danju told her that GTY's brother had taken in a concubine to serve him and it was the main wife who approved (she was washing her feet at the time).  ML asked if this is because she is expecting and Danju responded yes.  So ML went into a self reflecting mode.....such was the life of women :( 

On 1/30/2019 at 3:10 AM, gleek49 said:

You've been writing "one thing I don't like in GTY" several times now, so I guess it's not really just one thing, isn't it? IMO, GTY did genuinely wanted to help them. There no reason for him to lie about that. What if QH agree? You're implying that if QH agreed, then GTY would just bail right at that moment? Because he didn't mean it??  Even if the kidnapping thing was risky, they could always come up with another plan, or plan the kidnapping plot carefully, both of them were smart enough. Point is GTY WILL HELP HIM! Why are you implying that GTY is a buffoon who just lie on the spot for no reason like that? What makes you think that he was not genuine? Why are you keep painting GTY as this bad guy who's out hurt the innocent precious QH? He didn't tell QH all of those thing to rub it in his face? He was just try to point out to QH what he thought QH did wrong? Why do you keep insisting that GTY has malicious intentions towards the innocent precious QH?

I think if QH agree to GTY crazy idea of kidnapping the princess & goes against her Prince father,  there wud be one out of 2 endings...

1) If their plan succeeded with QH marrying ML, her family wud doomed afterwards. If the prince people can kidnapped & raped the present (at the time)  King's concubine's sister,  they sure have no problem doing so to lower rank officer & his family. And that is  if cautious ML even  agree to GTY's plan which she never wud. I think QH understand ML enuf to know this.

2) If their crazy plan failed,  they wud  risk ML's life & future. Like what the princess mother told QH, if he refuse to marry the princess, she will have people kidnap & rape ML too. I think QH was so afraid what & if it happen to ML too.

So for this I respect  QH's decision.  It's not an easy one, it's not a happy marriage for him.  He lives like a walking corpse but he did so not just to save his father but to ensure  ML safety & doesn't go thru what the concubine's sister went thru. But I agree with GTY, why the h3II didn't he go running back to ML after his wife died  when he got his mom's agreement to let him marry ML if he pass his exams. At least  ML wud have some idea of his intentions. Like everyone said ML is not going to mop around waiting for him forever. 

For me, both men have their value & weakness & both have a place in ML's heart.  One just passing by,  the other plan to stay for good. 

QH with no doubt was ML's 1st love.  It's proven when she was almost drowned she didn't let go of the doll.  But she is a practical person,  as what she told granny,  as long as QH fight for her,  she will hold on to him but once he let go,  she will too & that's  what happened.  Tho it's hard for her to let go of QH,  she understands his difficulties & never blame him,  which is why she was never bitter, thus healed her broken heart faster.

As for GTY,  he barged into ML's life like a bull but his sincerity & tenderness slowly wins her heart.  Tho ML bickers a lot with GTY in their younger days,  one thing for sure she admire him a lot & really  look up to him. I think she was a bit hurt when she finds out he proposed  to RL,  & was really upset when her parents proposed her as RL's substitute. Once she realized everything was GTY's plan & his target was her from the beginning, tho angry at first,  she was truly happy he choose her. 

My 2 cents,  there are 3 men in ML's life, QH,  her 1st love,  a passerby who touch her young heart for a little while.  Then Dr He whom she like & respect but doesnt get the chance to be in her heart since she close her heart & just agree with granny to make her happy.  And lastly comes GTY who just bulldoze everything, slowly enter her heart & is ML's true love 

Anyway let just say GTY is fated for ML... If ML marries QH then her story will be different:)

29 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

TSOM extend the airing from 73 episodes to 79... a good news:D

Nice!!!! Lol. But that means more nights waiting for the episodes!! :lol:

This is not the tv version I assume? Since the tv version seems to be running at more episodes than the Viki version! 

17 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Saw at tencent.. The original webcast 73 has been changed to 79. I guess it's the same with tv version bcoz, the drama supposed to air after tsom will start on 12 feb. Originally tsom supposed to end on 9th. 

Yesssssssssssss, I want a proper pace and ending showing us all the juicy exciting parts.  Not hanging and keeping us guessing like HQG or PA.  Love it love it even if I have to wait impatiently for all the episodes.

2 hours ago, leeza77 said:
P1: ml jealous.. Gty happy. Ml:'i' m not virtuous'. 

P2: Gty was sleeping. Ml sat beside him and staring at him, then softly touch gty's forehead.. It's love. 

P3: ml pregnant. Gty is too happy and treat her carefully. Asking her to rest and the food that she likes to eat.. Gty is on mother hen mood. 
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv343ftj20u00g9ab4.jpg
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv4orfej20u00gvgml.jpg
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv6n0z8j20m818qgp2.jpg

Awwwww looking forward to these lovely scenes. 

Which eps is this?? 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Saw at tencent.. The original webcast 73 has been changed to 79. I guess it's the same with tv version bcoz, the drama supposed to air after tsom will start on 12 feb. Originally tsom supposed to end on 9th. 

Oh niceee. I thought the drama has finished filming.  So  is this still an ongoing production then? 

8 hours ago, leeza77 said:

In the novel, ml still serve gty even during her pregnancy and  gty remarked that ml's bulging stomach was cute.. B)

Lol yes and then the next day Cui mama was so worried about the baby that she called the doctor to check on ML. They were so embarrassed to explain why they were asking for checkup again when its been only few weeks since last one. 

13 hours ago, callshu said:

My Aunty from my mother side - Although GTY is rich, I cannot help my aunty or visit her. Poor me.

I think she can help her aunty and visit her if she wanted..

13 hours ago, curiouser9 said:

The problem is QH never think's things through he never plans ahead or really looks at the situation and hes politically stupid. He has no idea what power struggles are or politics.

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Thought this would happen with how little time we have left im super happy ;p

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I have always been afraid to say this :tears::tears: but when I heard ML say this , in my heart and I never felt ML was in love with QH. I always felt she only gave him a chance because of QH actions towards her. The fact that he was willing to tell his parents he wanted to marry her made her feel something ( I can’t find the right words to explain ML’s feeing) towards him. It was almost like she was honored bound to stay by his side through his courtship. She never seemed eager to be with QH. It was always QH who was excited for the next chapter in their lives.  Do you guys remember RouLan’s what it means to be in love “missing the one you love, crying over him, spending time with him “ she even asked ML if she ever experienced it and ML didn’t know how to respond to it. 

Does anyone remember which episode was this? It is the scene when ML caught RL with her future husband. 

Yes I remember.. I think I've said it and quoted the scenes dialogue too, it was like in the ep before ML married GTY, I said it too that ML has actually never loved QH, it was more of an ideal honor to be loved by the person a lot of girls yearn for so she was really grateful for his feelings and decided that as long as he does things for her, she will just marry, at least he isn't that bad of an option and she was somehow proud that it's the ideal crush of everyone that wants her.. So it's more of like 'omg.. I'm honored to be loved by you as such just if you still want me, I will stay with you, if not, it's been a an honor being in the same cohoot as the most admired man in the society, at least I didnt go trying like other girls for his attention, he came to me, so I'm just so amazing, if he can do it and I can be with him, it will be so cool too. Hhaha'.. We shouldn't forget that ML is at least a human too and a girl like all other girls.. 

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Omg I'm so dancing right now.. Yaaay

Archived