Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

She is a meddling witch who has too much time in her hands.  Hualan was saying to ML that she goes back to see her parents a few times a week now and Auntie Kang the Witch was always there.  This is a bad omen as she never cease to fan discord and has vicious tongue that will only cause trouble for her sister.  That grandma has already warned SH's main wife that she should distance herself eventhough Mme Kang is her biological sister.  Seems like grandma knows the kind of woman she is.  I do wonder her motives unless it was just pure pettiness on her part because I cannot see any monetary gain.  

I'm also confused about her character involvement in this. Maybe they just trying to portray her as evil who involve in the killing of grandma later. And also, why would she even plotted to kill grandma when Wang Ruofu is already the remaining wife left at Sheng household, and she is also in charge of finance there isn't she? So why the need to meddle with ML's life?

 

Maybe she wants one of her daughter to be part of the Gu family, like she obviously offering stepmom a "good" concubine for GTY.

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

I am confused. Are concubines considered as being wives too even though they could be sold off or beaten to death like a servant? :confused:

Or did Madama Kang want her daughter to be the main wife instead of ML? 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

 

 

Dr He as ML husband. Based on their conversations he will treat ML as equal and I can see ML opening up to him as well.. He doesn’t think lowly of woman. Even though he made a mistake with the cousin, he told granny that he was guilty and admit his mistakes and tried to fix it. He’s gentle and kind maybe too much for his own good. The only danger I could think of is that all of ML personal maid were smitten by him. :lol:

 

Errr I think GTY is right. ML can be and do well as anyone’s wife. LOL sorry GTY, at least be happy you’re the husband... 

 

I actually agree i think ML would have opened up to Dr He as well he treat's women with alot of respect from what i have seen.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

Me too. She better not accept. Especially when she is pregnant. And GTY won't even want them. UGHHH!!! 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I am happy for her to get a marriage outside of complicated official families.  She is lucky that ML is her mistress and they have an excellent relationship that borders on sisterhood.  She doesn't have to accept her fate to become someone mistress or concubine.  Minglan will ensure that she is wedded off with a big dowry.  

 

Does this mean she leaves ML or still serve's her??

 

23 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

I'm concerned about that concubine.  I thought I saw in one of the previewed a scene where she commits suicide (or tries to).  If that's the case, that will bring endless problems for GTY and especially ML.  They'll get blamed for mistreating her and the previous scandal with MN hasn't even died down yet.  Does anyone else remember seeing this or was it someone else?

 

I saw in one of the previews someone trying to stab ML is that the concubine or MN back??

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

We finally have a reason for Aunty Kang sucking up to evil stepmom.It was looking weird as to why she is meddling so much in their affairs.

 

  • Like 3
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, selen4ever said:

I am confused. Are concubines considered as being wives too even though they could be sold off or beaten to death like a servant? :confused:

Or did Madama Kang want her daughter to be the main wife instead of ML? 

I think unless the concubine makes grave mistake, like an affair, they can't easily sold them off? I think they are supposed to become the servant of the main wife in theory, but if they give birth to a son, then they bring great merit to the family. I think last time when Wang Ruofu tried to sell Linniang off for affair, she still needs her to sign the confession that she was indeed having an affair and hence sold off. 

 

I do think Aunt Kang tries to have her daughter as the main wife, or at least highly favoured by GTY and stepmom, that's why she is trying to meddle in ML's affair.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

I'm also confused about her character involvement in this. Maybe they just trying to portray her as evil who involve in the killing of grandma later. And also, why would she even plotted to kill grandma when Wang Ruofu is already the remaining wife left at Sheng household, and she is also in charge of finance there isn't she? So why the need to meddle with ML's life?

 

Maybe she wants one of her daughter to be part of the Gu family, like she obviously offering stepmom a "good" concubine for GTY.

 

I think that is it .. she wants her daughter in Gu Family was she accepted?? and i think she wants to harm Grandma because she knows what Kang is really like and is on guard/warning people.

 

12 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

Was the Shu daughter accepted? if so i think shes the one to try harm ML during pregnancy. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

I think unless the concubine makes grave mistake, like an affair, they can't easily sold them off? I think they are supposed to become the servant of the main wife in theory, but if they give birth to a son, then they bring great merit to the family. I think last time when Wang Ruofu tried to sell Linniang off for affair, she still needs her to sign the confession that she was indeed having an affair and hence sold off. 

 

I do think Aunt Kang tries to have her daughter as the main wife, or at least highly favoured by GTY and stepmom, that's why she is trying to meddle in ML's affair.

I see. I though she needed the confession because her husband was in love with concubine Lin so she needed a good reason to not appear just jealous/vindictive.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frenchfan said:

BTW in one of the trailer for future episodes, seems like QH is going to land himself in a hot soup with the emperor when he insisted why the ED wasn't there.  The emperor left the court hall and you could see QH gulping nervously.  I hope he will not fall for the ED ploy and be her puppet but I fear that his family ties will kind of make him do her bidding.  

 

*******

GTY is lucky to have ML as wife as she is more cautious.  Example, when Manniang resurfaced and tried to strangle Rong'Er, he got mad and would have killed Manniang in rage but ML interfered knowing that evil stepmom would be watching them 24/7.  She calmed him down and got him to see reasons and planned what they should be doing next. Always thinking ahead so whatever happens will not impact him and his place at court.  Like the ED, the emperor has a BUY-1-FREE-1 with the Gu family.   Stepmom was curious why there was no hooha as she knows well GTY's temperament and her maid told her that ML interfered.  Then when the grand aunt of GTY came to give him a concubine, ML accepted and thwarted stepmom's plan to get close to grand aunt as she was anticipating ML to refuse like she did in the past. I am pleased to see that they are such a matching couple.  

 

*******

I am anticipating the poisoning of grandma next.  I want to see angry ML.  "I want justice" like in the trailer :D      

@frenchfan  To  late the ED already made him out to be her puppet.. I;m wondering will it ever be told by someone in court that he's going after GTY because he lost ML to him and all his anger stems from jealous of the man that he thinks stole his one and only love.. I somehow think this would come to the ears of the ED or may have already has and this is just why she choose to use him in her struggle to maintain power in and out of the court.. 

 

I'm seeing moore and moore why Step Mom vicious behavior will esculate into setting that mansion on fire.. It seens at the polo match she couldn;t get people on her side as she tried to bad mouth ML.. She left without getting what she wants snd next if ML makes her Dad takes Aunt to task regarding  Gran ny thats another plan of Evil step Mom thrown out the widow before budding into anmy fruitation..  ML will become more dangerous to her because Step Mom can't figure her out or whats next to do nor anticipate ML next move.. So yes I could se her needing to kill ML to get GTY to act out like he used to..

 

I think  our power couple should reverse roles, This would really throw step mom off her game..

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

@jewelsc  You have to think about what day and age ML is living in and when it comes to the Step Mom  Vs  PP to totally different women.. The Gu house women don;t carry the status that the princess carries she would have to libe more cautiosly then ever not opening up hiding back at lot of she wants to say.. She would never ride another horse or play a polo match ever again because in PP etyes this is something a Princess DIL don;gt do or wouldn't do .. If ML married him she'll be living in a cage may as well marry a king and live inside that cage of the palace..   

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

I think this is were the posoning of Granny comes in at because I think she step in and stop this.. Aunt thinks if Granny is out of the way ML would consent.. Aunt Kang can bring the women from the palace as they were offered before I don;t think ML will comply even if Aunt Kang tells her how she owes the family don;t make her take in one of there own as a comcubine for her husband..

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I think this is were the posoning of Granny comes in at because I think she step in and stop this.. Aunt thinks if Granny is out of the way ML would consent.. Aunt Kang can bring the women from the palace as they were offered before I don;t think ML will comply even if Aunt Kang tells her how she owes the family don;t make her take in one of there own as a comcubine for her husband..

They only have 16 episodes left.Will they have time to show granny's poisoning?

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

  Hide contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

 

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

 

Wahh:grin:that was really a priceless reaction of GTY's face,knowing ML is preggy:love:..congratulations you've worked hard:D...well thats a good news for them, but more problems and scheming are comming on the way,,

Stepmom, are you going to take off your masked now? You've been wearing that too long,..show your true evilness already lahh... ( Im imagining stepmom close up scene face without eyebrows, thats more suited to her.:grin:lol.)

  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

I think that is it .. she wants her daughter in Gu Family was she accepted?? and i think she wants to harm Grandma because she knows what Kang is really like and is on guard/warning people.

 

Was the Shu daughter accepted? if so i think shes the one to try harm ML during pregnancy. 

It was only on the trailer that someone posted so we don't know yet if she was accepted.  We do know that Mme Kang left her at Gu's house so they have no choice but to keep her since ML "insulted" her.  Then we saw that the girl tried to harm herself with a knife that she had hidden in her sleeves begging ML not to send her back home.  But more than that, I think we need to see the episodes that everyone are waiting impatiently.  :smiley:

 

34 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@frenchfan  To  late the ED already made him out to be her puppet.. I;m wondering will it ever be told by someone in court that he's going after GTY because he lost ML to him and all his anger stems from jealous of the man that he thinks stole his one and only love.. I somehow think this would come to the ears of the ED or may have already has and this is just why she choose to use him in her struggle to maintain power in and out of the court.. 

 

I'm seeing moore and moore why Step Mom vicious behavior will esculate into setting that mansion on fire.. It seens at the polo match she couldn;t get people on her side as she tried to bad mouth ML.. She left without getting what she wants snd next if ML makes her Dad takes Aunt to task regarding  Gran ny thats another plan of Evil step Mom thrown out the widow before budding into anmy fruitation..  ML will become more dangerous to her because Step Mom can't figure her out or whats next to do nor anticipate ML next move.. So yes I could se her needing to kill ML to get GTY to act out like he used to..

 

I think  our power couple should reverse roles, This would really throw step mom off her game..

@jewelsc  You have to think about what day and age ML is living in and when it comes to the Step Mom  Vs  PP to totally different women.. The Gu house women don;t carry the status that the princess carries she would have to libe more cautiosly then ever not opening up hiding back at lot of she wants to say.. She would never ride another horse or play a polo match ever again because in PP etyes this is something a Princess DIL don;gt do or wouldn't do .. If ML married him she'll be living in a cage may as well marry a king and live inside that cage of the palace..   

 

I think that the dowager has a spy (spies) within th emperor's servants.  Otherwise, she would not have known so quickly.  She seemed to know a lot of things.  

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Wahh:grin:that was really a priceless reaction of GTY's face,knowing ML is preggy:love:..congratulations you've worked hard:D...well thats a good news for them, but more problems and scheming are comming on the way,,

Stepmom, are you going to take off your masked now? You've been wearing that too long,..show your true evilness already lahh... ( Im imagining stepmom close up scene face without eyebrows, thats more suited to her.:grin:lol.)

Yup, her position is threatened if ML gives birth to a boy.  Meaning her own son will never stand to inherite.  The fact that GTY did not marry someone whom she could control (like Big bro's wife) is a problem for her.  A biddable daughter in-law is an easy tool but someone who is strong and remain loyal to her husband is a different story.  To everyone outside, she has played the nice stepmom who supported and love her stepson for many years which is why if GTY or ML tells the truth to people, no one would believe them and they know it.  This woman has been preparing for a very long time which shows exactly how evil she is.  She uses her sister in-laws to do her dirty deeds so nothing touches her.  If any problems comes up, they would get the blame and she will get scot free. ML's patience and constantly thwarting her plans has managed to chip her mask off bit by bit......

 

I loved it when the ladies at the polo match were complimenting ML saying that she was nice etc etc.......LOL she looked as if she swallowed bitter sour lemon :joy:

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

They only have 16 episodes left.Will they have time to show granny's poisoning?

 

I think that in one of the trailer there is a scene with ml heavily pregnant asking for justice and we guessed it was granny's poison. But they are really putting many things in these 16 episodes left.

I hope  we won't see GTY and ML happy only in the last five minutes of the last episode. We desrve at least an entire episode of pure happiness.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fra8 said:

 

I think that in one of the trailer there is a scene with ml heavily pregnant asking for justice and we guessed it was granny's poison. But they are really putting many things in these 16 episodes left.

I hope  we won't see GTY and ML happy only in the last five minutes of the last episode. We desrve at least an entire episode of pure happiness.

Yes! one peaceful episode with a break from evil plotters.Would be a nice ending.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Yup, her position is threatened if ML gives birth to a boy.  Meaning her own son will never stand to inherite.  The fact that GTY did not marry someone whom she could control (like Big bro's wife) is a problem for her.  A biddable daughter in-law is an easy tool but someone who is strong and remain loyal to her husband is a different story.  To everyone outside, she has played the nice stepmom who supported and love her stepson for many years which is why if GTY or ML tells the truth to people, no one would believe them and they know it.  This woman has been preparing for a very long time which shows exactly how evil she is.  She uses her sister in-laws to do her dirty deeds so nothing touches her.  If any problems comes up, they would get the blame and she will get scot free. ML's patience and constantly thwarting her plans has managed to chip her mask off bit by bit......

 

I loved it when the ladies at the polo match were complimenting ML saying that she was nice etc etc.......LOL she looked as if she swallowed bitter sour lemon :joy:

I know right; Im just glad that Ml is so clever that she imd8tly find out the true colors of that evil stepmom,  how I wish GTY/ML will expose her/how evil she is infront of many people.

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aunti Kang short biography:

 

Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with their mother. Therefore, she was like their mother's precious daughter while Daniang and mother weren't very close. Aunti Kang grew up pampered by their mother and brothers to be a spoilt child. She believed she should have the best things in the world, everyone should revolve around her and she secretly looked down on her sister, considering her sister stupid and lowly. Then there were two men came to propose marriage to Wang family. Aunti Kang was the favoured one so she was allowed to choose first. Of course she chose the high status son of a Marquis, and Daniang was married off to Sheng Hong, who was just a low-level official at the time. 

 

Aunti Kang was very proud of her status and marriage. However, as time went by, the Marquis proved himself to be an extreme playboy. While being an useless man in his career, having no real influence in the government, he was very good at sweeping up girls and producing babies. Marquis Kang didn't care nor respect her at all. Aunti Kang had to deal with her husband's many shu children, using her own dowry to support them when they got married. She despised his concubines and shu children, treating them badly, coming up with any scheme necessary to get rid of them. Marquis Kang was also a despicable selfish man. He didn't care one bit about his women or children and pretty much just let Aunti Kang got her way. She married off most of the shu daughters to be concubines of old powerful men, sometimes in exchange for certain benefits, sometimes just to ruin them. Aunti Kang has become quite a sadistic distorted person who is jealous with anyone else's happiness. She especially hates low status people, concubines and shu children. She advises and supports her lady friends to use underhanded methods against the concubines. She holds petty grudges and will try to harm anyone who dares to oppose her (or not give a damn about her, she considers it a form of disrespect, she's a VIP).

 

Back to Daniang. When they were just married, Sheng Hong actually treated her well, respected her. She had quite a happy marriage. Aunti Kang was furious. She was jealous and she thought Daniang was not supposed to be better than her in any way. So she started whispering into Daniang's ears, encouraging her to interfere into SH's career. Daniang, proven to be a stupid and easy to be manipulated woman, lost SH's favor, that's when Concubine Lin came into the picture. She then encouraged Daniang to fight off CL, however, CL was also a cunning woman. Result: Daniang completely lost SH's trust and fell in power. Til then Daniang still didn't realize she should stay away from Aunti Kang. How stupid is this Daniang anyway?

 

Aunti Kang, although having no blood connection with Sheng family, considered herself an elder of the family and wanted everyone to respect and obey her. When Grandma told Daniang to stay away from her, she took that as an offense and kept score. She despised all shu children, especially ML, who was raised by Grandma. However, ML was married off to a Marquis-to-be general, who was a better catch than any of her own daughters could have. She was filled with rage and jealousy. She couldn't accept the fact that someone so lowly as ML will now have the same rank as her. From her POV, ML should know her place and bow down to her instead of standing so high and mighty. She hates ML and will jump at any opportunity to harm her.

 

And that's all the reasons behind Aunti Kang's actions. There's no logic at all in this crazy woman. She is just a malicious self-centered maniac whose only joy is to watch people suffer.

  • Like 8
  • Angry 5
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Aunti Kang short biography:

 

Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with their mother. Therefore, she was like their mother's precious daughter while Daniang and mother weren't very close. Aunti Kang grew up pampered by their mother and brothers to be a spoilt child. She believed she should have the best things in the world, everyone should revolve around her and she secretly looked down on her sister, considering her sister stupid and lowly. Then there were two men came to propose marriage to Wang family. Aunti Kang was the favoured one so she was allowed to choose first. Of course she chose the high status son of a Marquis, and Daniang was married off to Sheng Hong, who was just a low-level official at the time. 

 

Aunti Kang was very proud of her status and marriage. However, as time went by, the Marquis proved himself to be an extreme playboy. While being an useless man in his career, having no real influence in the government, he was very good at sweeping up girls and producing babies. Marquis Kang didn't care nor respect her at all. Aunti Kang had to deal with her husband's many shu children, using her own dowry to support them when they got married. She despised his concubines and shu children, treating them badly, coming up with any scheme necessary to get rid of them. Marquis Kang was also a despicable selfish man. He didn't care one bit about his women or children and pretty much just let Aunti Kang got her way. She married off most of the shu daughters to be concubines of old powerful men, sometimes in exchange for certain benefits, sometimes just to ruin them. Aunti Kang has become quite a sadistic distorted person who is jealous with anyone else's happiness. She especially hates low status people, concubines and shu children. She advises and supports her lady friends to use underhanded methods against the concubines. She holds petty grudges and will try to harm anyone who dares to oppose her (or not give a damn about her, she considers it a form of disrespect, she's a VIP).

 

Back to Daniang. When they were just married, Sheng Hong actually treated her well, respected her. She had quite a happy marriage. Aunti Kang was furious. She was jealous and she thought Daniang was not supposed to be better than her in any way. So she started whispering into Daniang's ears, encouraging her to interfere into SH's career. Daniang, proven to be a stupid and easy to be manipulated woman, lost SH's favor, that's when Concubine Lin came into the picture. She then encouraged Daniang to fight off CL, however, CL was also a cunning woman. Result: Daniang completely lost SH's trust and fell in power. Til then Daniang still didn't realize she should stay away from Aunti Kang. How stupid is this Daniang anyway?

 

Aunti Kang, although having no blood connection with Sheng family, considered herself an elder of the family and wanted everyone to respect and obey her. When Grandma told Daniang to stay away from her, she took that as an offense and kept score. She despised all shu children, especially ML, who was raised by Grandma. However, ML was married off to a Marquis-to-be general, who was a better catch than any of her own daughters could have. She was filled with rage and jealousy. She couldn't accept the fact that someone so lowly as ML will now have the same rank as her. From her POV, ML should know her place and bow down to her instead of standing so high and mighty. She hates ML and will jump at any opportunity to harm her.

 

And that's all the reasons behind Aunti Kang's actions. There's no logic at all in this crazy woman. She is just a malicious self-centered maniac whose only joy is to watch people suffer.

God's

What a miserable and pathetic existence.

She and the step mother should get locked up in a remote prison and starve.

Or die like CL, alone and pathetic.

 

  • Like 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...