Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

12 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I rewatched this and can't stop laughing :  Episode where he was in the concubine's bedroom.  Poor girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_op1-WlweI

Those scenes were hilarious. I wonder how ML would get rid of her since that morning after she kind of promised GTY after the situation is better, she would drive her away.  

Also, GTY’s reaction was funny cause ML thought that those words would make him feel better when he really just wanted  her to be jealous.  He could care less what happened to the girl since he was never going to touch her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

5 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Those scenes were hilarious. I wonder how ML would get rid of her since that morning after she kind of promised GTY after the situation is better, she would drive her away.  

Also, GTY’s reaction was funny cause ML thought that those words would make him feel better when he really just wanted  her to be jealous.  He could care less what happened to the girl since he was never going to touch her.

He was waiting for ml to come and fetch him back to her courtyard... Waiting and waiting until 3pm, he gave up. Swallow his pride and crawl back to ml's bed.. Lol.... Ml was soundly sleeping, even his stinky stocking didn't wake her up.. :grin:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Preview

Ep 57: 

Ep 58: 

What happened to Shitou? Did he get tricked by the lady maid?

When ML tells GTY that she is pregnant, its so cute ... and GTY was like, you have? you have what?

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

Spoiler

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, hello210 said:

ML just sells her off its not really that hard ;p

6 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

Preview

Hide contents

Ep 57: 

Ep 58: 

When ML tells GTY that she is pregnant, its so cute ... and GTY was like, you have? you have what?

Does not look like Shitou was tricked seems like someone else

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I rewatched this and can't stop laughing :  Episode where he was in the concubine's bedroom.  Poor girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_op1-WlweI

This is so funny. The concubine was so smug before, she thought she managed to get GTY to sleep in her room :joy: and the maid thought she has to leave the room so they could do the deed .... and poor shitou staying outside until 3!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

That Auntie Kang is so annoying, why does she bother with Minglan so much when she is not even related to her. I can understand the evil stepmother or evil concubine or evil wife of ex boyfriend or evil half sister, but Auntie Kang is fully an outsider. She is not even the sister of Sheng Hong, she is the sister of Wang Ruofu. Even Wang Ruofu is not that evil towards Minglan. What is she gaining from being evil to Minglan? At least with the stepmom, it would be the Gu wealth and title. 

When GTY fifth aunt was interfering with the maids at GTY new house, Minglan indirectly told her off that she is nobody. At least she has a little shame and left after realising that she is not even her mother in law nor sister in law. Why is Auntie Kang has no shame and why is Minglan not saying anything??

Totally agree it does not really make much sense for Auntie Kang to be this involved like wtf she doing.

• Like 2
  • Angry 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 4

51 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

But she was able to do it without having to continue to use someone else to deal like she did in Sheng house.. She has the say and the freedom in GTY's house and that's why it's easier to deal with them.. She will have to face a fierce real mom which her husband doesn't do anything without unlike the stepmom which the sin equally hates.. So I think it will be really hard even though she can solve the problems too in QH house.. I think it just boils down to freedom.. Freedom is one of the most important key for marriage, she has it with GTY because she can be herself but in Qh's house she will still be one kind saint using others for her revenge with no freedom as the husband's mom will still be the boss at home as she is just a shu daughter.. And maybe only the concubine and not the big madam because even though she was given the legal title, she is still the  daughter of a concubine.. So I think even if she can deal with those in Qh's house, she can't do it that well without causing a problem with the princess real mother.. . So it's still more or less safer at GTY's house.. The reason why ML can easily deal with the Gu's is basically because no matter what she does, her husband is there to back up on anything.. She has a free husband who does not really give a damn about family.. But QH is someone that puts family over anything and this is his real family too and not step family,so no matter what happens QH will just tell ML to endure the problems while he go talk to whinny princess who will just blackmail his heart by trying to make him see MLan's true self which he does not know.. So even if they truly live each other, which I don't think they do, as long as ML isn't able to show who she is to QH, his home is not in any way safe for at all, even if she is a master a problem solving because QH is a man that once someone is different from what he believes them to be, that person will be in his grudge book.. So I think Gu's fierce house is the best for someone fierce like ML 

• Like 9

He did come back with bruise on his face, poor baby.... :joy: Its on episode 37. He was punched by uncle cause he told them they would adopt cousin and would be like siblings. 

QH as ML husband. If it were the old QH, I might worry because he is a mamas boy. But back then when his parents talked about ML and they saw that he overheard. They were like oops, the old Madam Qi would be like so what... QH then defended her without a second thought. So perhaps, he will defend ML if warranted. And his father seems like a nice person he would definitely dote on ML after all they only have one son no daughter. I’m sure he will see ML for who she is. The only problem I might have with QH is that he may not see ML as equal to him, like when he told his current wife woman have no place to talk about politics. But than it could be because she brought up GTY and ML so he got angry. Who knows. 

GTY as ML husband. Well, at least she could put all granny’s teaching to use. :sweatingbullets: They are ying and yang. They are best pairing as they compliment each other. GTY is a family man, and loves his kid. He also treats ML as his equal. He’s the knight in shining armor. He wont be like Dr He come back with a black eye. He would fight... Lol The only bad thing about him is his short temper and impatience. 

Dr He as ML husband. Based on their conversations he will treat ML as equal and I can see ML opening up to him as well.. He doesn’t think lowly of woman. Even though he made a mistake with the cousin, he told granny that he was guilty and admit his mistakes and tried to fix it. He’s gentle and kind maybe too much for his own good. The only danger I could think of is that all of ML personal maid were smitten by him. :lol:

Errr I think GTY is right. ML can be and do well as anyone’s wife. LOL sorry GTY, at least be happy you’re the husband... 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

Yes she can.but without QH's support ML can only live quietly, pretending to know nothing

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

Preview

Hide contents

Ep 57: 

Ep 58: 

Seems like trickery is at work here.  They are trying to implicate people close to GTY to get to the emperor.  Did you see Madame Qin (GTY's stepmom's) face?  She is going to show her hands now.  Woahhhh, getting exciting.  

GTY is going to be a papa soon.  His reaction was so sweet.  I bet he probably was the same in real life :D 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

I love their relationship. They really are like sisters. That hug at the end :bawling: :heart:

I am happy for her to get a marriage outside of complicated official families.  She is lucky that ML is her mistress and they have an excellent relationship that borders on sisterhood.  She doesn't have to accept her fate to become someone mistress or concubine.  Minglan will ensure that she is wedded off with a big dowry.  

• Like 10

I'm concerned about that concubine.  I thought I saw in one of the previewed a scene where she commits suicide (or tries to).  If that's the case, that will bring endless problems for GTY and especially ML.  They'll get blamed for mistreating her and the previous scandal with MN hasn't even died down yet.  Does anyone else remember seeing this or was it someone else?

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Totally agree it does not really make much sense for Auntie Kang to be this involved like wtf she doing.

She is a meddling witch who has too much time in her hands.  Hualan was saying to ML that she goes back to see her parents a few times a week now and Auntie Kang the Witch was always there.  This is a bad omen as she never cease to fan discord and has vicious tongue that will only cause trouble for her sister.  That grandma has already warned SH's main wife that she should distance herself eventhough Mme Kang is her biological sister.  Seems like grandma knows the kind of woman she is.  I do wonder her motives unless it was just pure pettiness on her part because I cannot see any monetary gain.  

16 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

I'm concerned about that concubine.  I thought I saw in one of the previewed a scene where she commits suicide (or tries to).  If that's the case, that will bring endless problems for GTY and especially ML.  They'll get blamed for mistreating her and the previous scandal with MN hasn't even died down yet.  Does anyone else remember seeing this or was it someone else?

I did not recall this part:hushed:......there was one where GTY previous Tongfang maid tried to commit suicide by running against the wall...?  That one happened the day after ML got married.  Correction : I think you may be referring to the lady in the trailer that leeza77 just posted.  I did not see that one.  :dissapointed_relieved:  Poor Minglan.  Never ending headache. I do feel like throtling Mrs Kang.  What a vengeful, manipulative, greedy, power hungry  b**ch :rage: 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

Hide contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

Right :rage: so according to this trailer, madame Kang wanted to have one of her Shu daughter to marry into the Gu family so she can enjoy the benefit of having a high rank son in-law (GTY).  I wonder how ML will cope and deal with this mess. 

• Like 4
  • Angry 9
  • Thanks 1