[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

Eh Dr. He cave and take his cousin as concubine? I thought he said to Sheng Grandma his mother take the cousin as adopted daughter, hence he told the cousin to take care of his mother.

but even though he accept the cousin as concubine, i still think he’s the best candidate. His situation is just less complicated compare to GTY and QH.

I’m sure that cousin and the mother is piece of cake for ML to handle compare to GTY’s stepmother.

I blame GTY for that cousin problem. He’s the one that save the woman from exile.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, aoife86 said:

Eh Dr. He cave and take his cousin as concubine? I thought he said to Sheng Grandma his mother take the cousin as adopted daughter, hence he told the cousin to take care of his mother.

but even though he accept the cousin as concubine, i still think he’s the best candidate. His situation is just less complicated compare to GTY and QH.

I’m sure that cousin and the mother is piece of cake for ML to handle compare to GTY’s stepmother.

Yes, Doc He already took care of the cousin situation. When Granny He said he would not being able to marry ML after the cousin scene, he decided to go against his mother’s family (with backing from grandma) and possibly got himself a black eye? It was ML who changed her mind and said it was okay if the cousin became a concubine after realizing that she may have been silly for making an issue of it since concubines are a normal thing (sucks in those days). She was already set to marry Doc He after that. GTY even calculated this which was why the whole thing with boasting he was marrying a Sheng (no first name) daughter to the Emperor and Rulan plan was executed to ensure the Shengs themselves had no way out but ML. GTY could have been the one to release the Shengs from everything if ML really didn’t agree like in the proposal scene. 

Based on all the issues, I would have to agree that Doc He would have been the safer bet, and based on his personality and his interactions with ML, she would have been his world outside of medicine.  But as everyone said, she would still hold in her true self.  It wouldn’t be as freeing as being married to GTY. Even though there’s lots of issues, you can see that ML thrives as his Da Niang and now as his Marchioness.

I think with Dr He, ML can have a peaceful and quiet but boring life. Which is probably not a bad thing at that time, at least you don't have to worry about fighting etc. But the thing is, once there is a problem, I don't think Dr He is the kind who can defend ML fully like GTY. Just like in his cousin case, ML told GTY that he sort of let ML solve the issue instead of making the decision himself. Also I think with Dr He, ML will still have to pretend to be the weak, soft and kind girl everyone knows. Even if she needs to fight, she will resort to manipulation and let others be the bad guy, like the maid case in the Sheng household. I think only with GTY she can truly be herself, because GTY knows her real self and accepts her knowing that.

Also the think with QH. Even without GTY, there is no way QH is allowed to marry ML. Grandma already didn't like the idea of ML marrying the house of the Duke because she knows what kind of household it is. I don't think ML would accept QH even without GTY. 

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

17 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

:heart::heart::heart: I can't wait.  I really want her to be pregnant and join the pregnant ladies club like Madame Zhang and Rolan.  Have babies so grandma can finally spoil her great-grandbabies.  @leeza77 Thank you for giving us a glimpse of the episode.  I am like so craving for Minglan episodes right now.  

20 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Don't u guys think if ML can handle Gu's big bad wolves she can also handle QH's mother?, she's good at judging characters and know in what way to maneuver whoever it may be..so yea, i believe if she were with QH, she can take care of herself  too bcos it's basically what she's been doing anyways in the Gu's mansion or with all those spiteful ladies who were prejudiced of her before.

I have no doubt that she could handle herself. I was just pointing out that she would still face possible issues even though QH’s mom consented since some were saying that the mom wouldn’t cause anymore problems. Also, people are forgetting that based on how Grandma was, QH wouldn’t have gotten a second chance whether GTY was in the picture or not. And after the first disaster, ML would not go against Grandma’s wishes again even if there were lingering feelings. She was really put in a tough spot because she went against Grandma’s wishes and put her hopes into QH that first time and suffered not just the outside humiliation but also the internal guilt of being unfilial. Grandma just loved her so much that she caved into let ML go through that fire once and never used it against her.

17 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Well we have seen how fierce she can be so I am guessing that yes she sure can handle it. But will she be truly happy?  QH is after all a filial son so I have difficulty seeing him going against his family.  He may do it for love, but will he be happy with his choice once the novelty is over?  The next episodes will show more of his characters what with ED making her sob stories to get him on her side.  

12 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I rewatched this and can't stop laughing :  Episode where he was in the concubine's bedroom.  Poor girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_op1-WlweI

Those scenes were hilarious. I wonder how ML would get rid of her since that morning after she kind of promised GTY after the situation is better, she would drive her away.  

Also, GTY’s reaction was funny cause ML thought that those words would make him feel better when he really just wanted  her to be jealous.  He could care less what happened to the girl since he was never going to touch her.

5 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Those scenes were hilarious. I wonder how ML would get rid of her since that morning after she kind of promised GTY after the situation is better, she would drive her away.  

Also, GTY’s reaction was funny cause ML thought that those words would make him feel better when he really just wanted  her to be jealous.  He could care less what happened to the girl since he was never going to touch her.

He was waiting for ml to come and fetch him back to her courtyard... Waiting and waiting until 3pm, he gave up. Swallow his pride and crawl back to ml's bed.. Lol.... Ml was soundly sleeping, even his stinky stocking didn't wake her up.. :grin:

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

Spoiler

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

20 minutes ago, hello210 said:

ML just sells her off its not really that hard ;p

6 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

Preview

Hide contents

Ep 57: 

Ep 58: 

What happened to Shitou? Did he get tricked by the lady maid?

When ML tells GTY that she is pregnant, its so cute ... and GTY was like, you have? you have what?

Does not look like Shitou was tricked seems like someone else

33 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I rewatched this and can't stop laughing :  Episode where he was in the concubine's bedroom.  Poor girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_op1-WlweI

This is so funny. The concubine was so smug before, she thought she managed to get GTY to sleep in her room :joy: and the maid thought she has to leave the room so they could do the deed .... and poor shitou staying outside until 3!!

5 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

That Auntie Kang is so annoying, why does she bother with Minglan so much when she is not even related to her. I can understand the evil stepmother or evil concubine or evil wife of ex boyfriend or evil half sister, but Auntie Kang is fully an outsider. She is not even the sister of Sheng Hong, she is the sister of Wang Ruofu. Even Wang Ruofu is not that evil towards Minglan. What is she gaining from being evil to Minglan? At least with the stepmom, it would be the Gu wealth and title. 

When GTY fifth aunt was interfering with the maids at GTY new house, Minglan indirectly told her off that she is nobody. At least she has a little shame and left after realising that she is not even her mother in law nor sister in law. Why is Auntie Kang has no shame and why is Minglan not saying anything??

Totally agree it does not really make much sense for Auntie Kang to be this involved like wtf she doing.

51 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

But she was able to do it without having to continue to use someone else to deal like she did in Sheng house.. She has the say and the freedom in GTY's house and that's why it's easier to deal with them.. She will have to face a fierce real mom which her husband doesn't do anything without unlike the stepmom which the sin equally hates.. So I think it will be really hard even though she can solve the problems too in QH house.. I think it just boils down to freedom.. Freedom is one of the most important key for marriage, she has it with GTY because she can be herself but in Qh's house she will still be one kind saint using others for her revenge with no freedom as the husband's mom will still be the boss at home as she is just a shu daughter.. And maybe only the concubine and not the big madam because even though she was given the legal title, she is still the  daughter of a concubine.. So I think even if she can deal with those in Qh's house, she can't do it that well without causing a problem with the princess real mother.. . So it's still more or less safer at GTY's house.. The reason why ML can easily deal with the Gu's is basically because no matter what she does, her husband is there to back up on anything.. She has a free husband who does not really give a damn about family.. But QH is someone that puts family over anything and this is his real family too and not step family,so no matter what happens QH will just tell ML to endure the problems while he go talk to whinny princess who will just blackmail his heart by trying to make him see MLan's true self which he does not know.. So even if they truly live each other, which I don't think they do, as long as ML isn't able to show who she is to QH, his home is not in any way safe for at all, even if she is a master a problem solving because QH is a man that once someone is different from what he believes them to be, that person will be in his grudge book.. So I think Gu's fierce house is the best for someone fierce like ML 

He did come back with bruise on his face, poor baby.... :joy: Its on episode 37. He was punched by uncle cause he told them they would adopt cousin and would be like siblings. 

QH as ML husband. If it were the old QH, I might worry because he is a mamas boy. But back then when his parents talked about ML and they saw that he overheard. They were like oops, the old Madam Qi would be like so what... QH then defended her without a second thought. So perhaps, he will defend ML if warranted. And his father seems like a nice person he would definitely dote on ML after all they only have one son no daughter. I’m sure he will see ML for who she is. The only problem I might have with QH is that he may not see ML as equal to him, like when he told his current wife woman have no place to talk about politics. But than it could be because she brought up GTY and ML so he got angry. Who knows. 

GTY as ML husband. Well, at least she could put all granny’s teaching to use. :sweatingbullets: They are ying and yang. They are best pairing as they compliment each other. GTY is a family man, and loves his kid. He also treats ML as his equal. He’s the knight in shining armor. He wont be like Dr He come back with a black eye. He would fight... Lol The only bad thing about him is his short temper and impatience. 

Dr He as ML husband. Based on their conversations he will treat ML as equal and I can see ML opening up to him as well.. He doesn’t think lowly of woman. Even though he made a mistake with the cousin, he told granny that he was guilty and admit his mistakes and tried to fix it. He’s gentle and kind maybe too much for his own good. The only danger I could think of is that all of ML personal maid were smitten by him. :lol:

Errr I think GTY is right. ML can be and do well as anyone’s wife. LOL sorry GTY, at least be happy you’re the husband... 

Archived