[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Cast is out. Seems like a lot of the actors are from the production company. A lot of people I don't know. I think only Zhao Liying and Feng Shao Feng are popular. 

Yeah i agree, many are not that popular.
As i see, from the past track record usually those who act with ZLY are the lucky one as she has the lucky charm to bring up the unknown actors/actresses popularity after the drama ended.
I hope with ZLY's acting skills and magical power to unite all her fans to make a billion break through record again. I also hope FSF's fans to support them well too.

that was a great source @minoku2209 since I havent read the novel it explains a lot. 

5 hours ago, minoku2209 said:

Yeah i agree, many are not that popular.
As i see, from the past track record usually those who act with ZLY are the lucky one as she has the lucky charm to bring up the unknown actors/actresses popularity after the drama ended.
I hope with ZLY's acting skills and magical power to unite all her fans to make a billion break through record again. I also hope FSF's fans to support them well too.

Actors who work with ZLY always get more popular after working with her, that is why a lot of the actors signed on to PA after ZLY took the role.  Some fans of the second lead in Minglan are already celebrating his upcoming rise in popularity :lol:

This reminds me of a recent interview where they asked ZLY how she was so lucky to work with popular male celebs? And she was like arent they also lucky to be working with me? :lol::lol:

23 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

that was a great source @minoku2209 since I havent read the novel it explains a lot. 

Actors who work with ZLY always get more popular after working with her, that is why a lot of the actors signed on to PA after ZLY took the role.  Some fans of the second lead in Minglan are already celebrating his upcoming rise in popularity :lol:

This reminds me of a recent interview where they asked ZLY how she was so lucky to work with popular male celebs? And she was like arent they also lucky to be working with me? :lol::lol:

I too find the second lead handsome.. Let's see how the their acting is.. I m really hoping for this drama to be good.. I don't want disappointment regarding storyline and editing

1 hour ago, icyphoenix said:

I too find the second lead handsome.. Let's see how the their acting is.. I m really hoping for this drama to be good.. I don't want disappointment regarding storyline and editing

so far, I don't find him good looking. He has a thin face and I don't like guys with thin faces, aesthetically speaking. But hey I didn' think LGX was handsome before PA and look at me now :tongue: 

Because the male lead is quite older than Ming lan, I think FSF is suitable. I hope they make the drama faithful to the book, look at BBJX and TMOPB, they relatively faithful to the book, and the end result is satisfying 

I really like Minglan as a character, she's smart and only ask for simple peaceful life.. I have no doubt ZLY will nail her part

22 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Because the male lead is quite older than Ming lan, I think FSF is suitable. I hope they make the drama faithful to the book, look at BBJX and TMOPB, they relatively faithful to the book, and the end result is satisfying 

I really like Minglan as a character, she's smart and only ask for simple peaceful life.. I have no doubt ZLY will nail her part

The writers for this drama did a good job before so I am trusting them. However, I read that Minglan is also a difficult character like CQ. It is hard to tell who she likes. 

33 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

The writers for this drama did a good job before so I am trusting them. However, I read that Minglan is also a difficult character like CQ. It is hard to tell who she likes. 

Yup, I'm diffinately gonna have second lead syndrome LOL! I love her taking on more difficult characters and see how she will execute it. I just hope she will not get too much hate again and people can understand the characters motives. 

31 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Since in the novel she's a time traveler, she only seeks peacefulness.. Like all she want is a drama free guy lol and the male lead was anything but drama free. The male lead is so sneaky, he went behind scenes to lead Minglan into marriage with him. Based on the book, CQ is more readable, as she actually loved YX, while I don't think Minglan actually love anyone particular.. She just want a guy who could give her respect, love was whatever 

1 minute ago, cherubstomato said:

Yup, I'm diffinately gonna have second lead syndrome LOL! I love her taking on more difficult characters and see how she will execute it. I just hope she will not get too much hate again and people can understand the characters motives. 

That is why the writers are so important. I hope they do a good job with her character. 

1 minute ago, nichiwoohee said:

Since in the novel she's a time traveler, she only seeks peacefulness.. Like all she want is a drama free guy lol and the male lead was anything but drama free. The male lead is so sneaky, he went behind scenes to lead Minglan into marriage with him. Based on the book, CQ is more readable, as she actually loved YX, while I don't think Minglan actually love anyone particular.. She just want a guy who could give her respect, love was whatever 

OH NOOOO. Then Minglan will be impossible to read. CQ loved YX first the YWY, but from what I read it seems like she was also very confused most of the time and it wasnt until YWY died that she realized she loved him for a long time. So if Minglan is harder to read lol 

I really need the writers to come through with some monologues to explain her reasoning. 

Omg I'm getting more and more curious I might jump on and start reading the novel translations. :crazy: If he can go to that extent to get her into marriage when there's soo much more woman in the harem then it'll be interesting to see the kind of person Minglan is that can swoon him so hard. Lol why do I get feeling like the second lead will probably be the good guy like YWY and male lead like YX bad guy but she will end up liking him in the end... :cookie:

6 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Omg I'm getting more and more curious I might jump on and start reading the novel translations. :crazy: If he can go to that extent to get her into marriage when there's soo much more woman in the harem then it'll be interesting to see the kind of person Minglan is that can swoon him so hard. Lol why do I get feeling like the second lead will probably be the good guy like YWY and male lead like YX bad guy but she will end up liking him in the end... :cookie:

I think he probably just wanted to marry her for some political advantage and not bc he loved her. It would fit more with the time. People are saying that the male lead is not that nice to the heroine and she has to deal with a lot of stuff. 

No no noooo you guys @mrsyooknit @cherubstomato He's a reformed bad boy in the truest sense! he actually really like Minglan, it's just Minglan is so apathetic that the mutual love only happen rather later in the book

minglan is a smart girl who would pretend she's actually dumb just to stay out of trouble lol 

the translated novel isn't finish yet, and I had to scrap for summaries here and there and fight my way into google translate just to get a gist of the story, but reluctant heroine is my pet peeve.. I like smart girl who knows how to avoid drama and trouble lol

6 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

No no noooo you guys @mrsyooknit @cherubstomato He's a reformed bad boy in the truest sense! he actually really like Minglan, it's just Minglan is so apathetic that the mutual love only happen rather later in the book

minglan is a smart girl who would pretend she's actually dumb just to stay out of trouble lol 

the translated novel isn't finish yet, and I had to scrap for summaries here and there and fight my way into google translate just to get a gist of the story, but reluctant heroine is my pet peeve.. I like smart girl who knows how to avoid drama and trouble lol

Ohhh, well it makes me feel better about him. I also really liked the last sentence of the summary "
Ah, living in the ancient times is simply too dangerous – we should all just sleep till we die." I was like yess I feel you. LOL

I hope writers are able to flesh her out so it will be easier to understand her. 

On 8/9/2017 at 10:51 PM, cherubstomato said:

Ohhh then it'll be interesting to see how he will end up falling head over heals for her and her struggles and how she will cope with this mess :D maybe that's where our second lead part will also come into play ^_^

He is her childhood friend who cares for her a lot n a supporting hand.. That was the summary given abt him 

Archived