Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

IMMORTALIZED :heart:......I love their wedding costumes.  I like her elaborate head dress!  Both are gorgeous and handsome!  What a matching pair.

Off topic here, does anyone knows if FSF has already a wax figure at Madame Tussaud's?  Because this is like a 3rd one for our LY.  

Yes he has one in shanghai. Just, in december last year

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Let's face it. Every character in the show is flawed, one way or another. Makes them human. Makes them more relatable. 

 

GTY is far from a saint. Or a gentleman. 

In fact, when ML called him evil, a ruffian and a scoundrel, he didn't even rebuke her. 

Because he knows its not untrue. 

He schemed his way into marrying her. 

Man to man, bro to bro, I wouldn't disagree that he let QH down. Pretentious, playing dumb with him. But it's calculated move. 

He seems to be fully aware that QH will be angry, and it seems that he made a choice, and take the risk of losing his friendship with QH for ML. 

 

Whether or not he truly will help QH when he made the offer to him previously becomes irrelevant, because fact is, QH didn't choose that, we would never know. It will always be a what-if zone. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

 

One thing I do like about GTY. He takes responsibility when he sees his mistakes. He admits his mistakes, and try to mend his ways, and make up for it.

He does that with his children. 

He doesn't see his action as a mistake. It was a conscious choice. 

 

One difference between GTY and QH. 

GTY has never said he does anything for ML. 

When he schemed his way through to marry her, he said "to get you". "Determined to get you, the trouble I went to get this marriage."

When he truly does something for her, protecting her, no one needs to know, no rewards required. 

While QH claimed to do things for ML, it was never for her benefit, and she has never benefited from it. All he has done is caused her harm, and yet in his head, he believes it's for her. 

 

At the end of the day, It comes down to choices that each makes. 

And those choices are driven by priorities. 

Sometimes, there are no bad person, but all victims nonetheless. 

QH was a victim of his circumstances, and of his naivete. 

He has his priorities. He made his choice to let ML go. Arguably, his circumstances left him with little choice, but sometimes, until we try it, we will never know how the path will end...

GTY made his choice, to fight for her. He made her his priority over his friendship with QH. 

 

Whether the choices they made was good or bad, it depends on which and whose pov we take. 

 

Well said.. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MN is a maniac & wicked tool. I really hope nothing happens to the son. TY hurt & angry in the spur of the moment & ML somewhat muddled in this whole ordeal makes me :unsure:. Oh these cuties.

 

If I can manifest myself into this show I'd beat the daylights out of TY's stepmom & aunties. TY literally helped third brother out of prison but the stepmom continues to be an ungrateful turd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like our GTY actually knows that, ML might know everything and be so smart but when it comes to passionate love, she is so naive at that and isn't ready for that.. He told the Shen husband that in ep 54 that, ML is just a 3 year old kid when it comes to love even though she is so smart and she understands everything. 

 

And ML while giving advice to the Shen big madam, she said something again that I think she should also take note of, she told her not to just hide from the outside while thinking that it's all bad, it's only when she opens herself will she know if it's happy or bitter outside... So I really hope ML should also take this advice too, she shouldn't bundle herself up with the thoughts of this is how men can change and be and deprive herself from experiencing a great love in her marital home, she should also open herself to know if it will be truly bitter or it will be full of happiness.. :bawling:.. 

 

I swear I was laughing when ML said 'so?' when GTY told her that he is also her Erlang and shouhuai apart from being her HouYe and Guan Ren.. She was like 'am I the only one that does not get what he means' while GTY was like 'wow I really can't believe the smart ML is this dumb at love' :lol:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to Ep 54 w/Eng subs:  Aye yi yi - If I lived during this era, would be an expert in POISONS and use that to solve those pesky relative and household problems!  

 

Maybe brew up a huge pot of oleander tea for that pesky in-law?  And the x-lover.  And any uppity concubines.  

 

I'm just sayin' 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow so looks like he was angry for 2 months according to Danju in ep 54 but ML is happy that he is still by her side since he does not visit that concubine either, hahahahhaha.. Wow.. So Danju and xiaotao were like he used to be so straightforward and lively and brings them good food but he is just so cold now and he just says strange words and the house is no more lively.... Omg.. This is too funny.. Looks like their happy go getter is really angry and doesn't even know what it do to win ML again.. Looks like our Changbai should come soon to talk senses to him that he should just be straightforward like he is and just talk to her clearly since he also knows she is a 3 year old at love :sweat_smile:

  • LOL 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Wow so looks like he was angry for 2 months according to Danju in ep 54 but ML is happy that he is still by her side since he does not visit that concubine either, hahahahhaha.. Wow.. So Danju and xiaotao were like he used to be so straightforward and lively and brings them good food but he is just so cold now and he just says strange words and the house is no more lively.... Omg.. This is too funny.. Looks like their happy go getter is really angry and doesn't even know what it do to win ML again.. Looks like our Changbai should come soon to talk senses to him that he should just be straightforward like he is and just talk to her clearly since he also knows she is a 3 year old at love :sweat_smile:

ML is killing me lol she so pure an innocent that I cant never hate her :joy:

 

GTY brooding for months :joy:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gleek49 said:

to find fa as QH, while crying prettily <_<, unconvincingly convinced himself that it's not personal, I'm just not convinced in the slightest. I can't help but finding his motives and actions petty and pathetic. I, for one, do not find him compelling or interesting at all, I'm just so tired of seeing his face on my screen, I guess I'm probably the only one who is indifferent towards ZYL and his performance :sweatingbullets:

Well yeah, that’s what his performance was all about in that scene. Its not to convince the viewers that he didn’t do anything wrong. Lol It’s not rocket science to see how petty he was and was doing things for personal reason. 

This story showcases all human emotions. All characters here have their faults and reasonings.. It’s up to us viewers whether we sympathize with the characters or see from their POV or not.

 

Im with @linhlinh111 GTY and QH both have their rights and wrongs. GTY is also a hyprocrite, because QH will be the very reason ML and him have a big fight. He is also very much insecure and petty. But it seems like you mentioned they toned down that part of novel in drama. Probably they don’t want to make it complicated so we know going forward GTY is the knight in shining armor for ML. 

 

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

He made up a crazy plan to see how far QH would go thats all there was to it.

 

I thought we have already been over this debate already but brought up again i suppose?

 

This QH vs GTY debate is so over talked about now. 

 

Anyways just had to skip some page's following this thread so hard to keep up, i think ill just read spoilers from now on. 

Because I was talking about episode 51 and how I was mesmerized by ZYL scene with GTY. That in that moment I felt pity for his character. This aroused a debate this and that about QH was wrong like I shouldn’t pity him. Like I get it and know it LOL I’m not biased to any characters except for Molan and her mother straight up detest them won’t even try look at their POV. But other characters, I can see from each one point of view and if only their acting sparks an emotion in me whether they are good or bad characters, I am able to sympathize with them. Plain and simple. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

LOL I’m not biased to any characters except for Molan and her mother straight up detest them won’t even try look at their POV. But other characters, I can see from each one point of view and if only their acting sparks an emotion in me whether they are good or bad characters, I am able to sympathize with them. Plain and simple. 

Sorry to cut your post @cherubstomato

I used to detest CL and Molan too, until GTY stepmom comes along and raises the bar of what's detestable. 

I can't stand her pretentious behaviour. 

She speaks so softly, to the extent it feels like she's mumbling. Is that supposed to be virtuous?

All the while plotting and pushing everyone around her to be the bad cop while she plays the innocent, gentle mom. 

I really can't wait for GTY-ML pair to get their hands on her and shut her up for once and for all. No more whispers, mumble, speaking softly. <_<

  • Like 9
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres something missing here, noone seemed to have mentioned the way Gty was brought up, he desired love from his father and his step mother because his mother died at his birth,and his father was always angry with him he was blamed for everything that happened and flogged, thats  why he became an angry, loud man

 

ML at least had her mother till she was 8 or 9 she had some taste of love from her mother

we didnt see anything about her relationship with her father only that he didnt protect her mother, thats been the problem with her not trusting men

 

GTY did some very terrible things you never take on a concubine  till your married and have a child( If I understand correctly) he had 2 children by this slave and then gave her freedom because she showed him so much love and compassion (all a lie to get his money) he was besotted with her but it wasnt right thats why his Father really was so angry with his silliness

how can you now get a wife and GTY said I want the mother of my children to be my wife

 

Gty also did everything he could to marry ML,he used  lots of tricks  to make sure she came to him and I understood she was in love with Qiheng and was waiting for him so when he dumped her she  again found a man she couldnt trust 

 

its a very interesting drama

Now I understand where he is coming from, he is so hungry for love and he just adores ML

but she is very young and doesnt understand if he doesnt tell her plainly, and hes sort of coy and worried to say anything because he wants her to show him, hes wanting that so much

 

ML its a job, that needs fixing and its a huge undertaking what she has married into with the stepmom wanting them to drift apart doing everything possible to complete their mission and the spys who can she trust? She is only 18, or 20

she is certainly trained in management but knows nothing about men or love

 

 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Sorry to cut your post @cherubstomato

I used to detest CL and Molan too, until GTY stepmom comes along and raises the bar of what's detestable. 

I can't stand her pretentious behaviour. 

She speaks so softly, to the extent it feels like she's mumbling. Is that supposed to be virtuous?

All the while plotting and pushing everyone around her to be the bad cop while she plays the innocent, gentle mom. 

I really can't wait for GTY-ML pair to get their hands on her and shut her up for once and for all. No more whispers, mumble, speaking softly. <_<

I think it’s supposed to show she is dainty, weak, and elegant. Someone like that can’t possibly be so evil?! Lol 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

 

 

Because I was talking about episode 51 and how I was mesmerized by ZYL scene with GTY. That in that moment I felt pity for his character. This aroused a debate this and that about QH was wrong like I shouldn’t pity him. Like I get it and know it LOL I’m not biased to any characters except for Molan and her mother straight up detest them won’t even try look at their POV. But other characters, I can see from each one point of view and if only their acting sparks an emotion in me whether they are good or bad characters, I am able to sympathize with them. Plain and simple. 

 

I pity QH somewhat as well he lost his first love and is incredibly broken.. to me that is pitiful i disagree with his actions and dont like what hes doing but hes still pitiful. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ammiel said:

Theres something missing here, noone seemed to have mentioned the way Gty was brought up, he desired love from his father and his step mother because his mother died at his birth,and his father was always angry with him he was blamed for everything that happened and flogged, thats  why he became an angry, loud man

 

ML at least had her mother till she was 8 or 9 she had some taste of love from her mother

 

 

 

I dont think his mother died at his birth didnt his mother die while she was pregnant with the second child? GTY was still young then im pretty sure or was that how the book went and im pretty sure she was like 7 or lower when she lost her mum .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In ep 53, ml told gty that she knows he loves her dearly. And she said that she didn't feel jealous for the concubine. Based on the conversation, i deduce that actually ml really feel secure in  gty's love and trust him explicitly. So, she didn't feel jealous.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episodes 51 and 52 Trouble at the Count's Mansion and

Jealousy Crisis at the Marquis and Marchioness house ahhhhh, a basis for a hot debate 

 

At the family get together of the Sheng house, dearest and bravest Ming Lan finally called out his father in front of all the family. Grandmother who was rushing to assist Ming Lan did not have to because as Daddy Sheng was about to strike Ming Lan, in comes the Marquis, ML's husband to back her up. Big Madam Sheng is too funny. All of the family were tense and standing up around the table when Ting Ye comes in as Sheng was about to raise his hand to strike ML and Danniang says, oh, it is the right time come and sit, sit. I cracked up. Ting Ye supported his wife's assertions that a woman who murdered another should not have her memorial tablet entered into the monastery where the memorial tablet of the  woman she murdered stands. Double BOOM. ML had stated earlier, over her dead body will Molan's mother's memorial be at the same place where her mother rests. I was clapping when 6th Liang son asked Molan if she set him up pretending to fall at the monastery steps to get his attention. Molan of course denied. But it was not all her fault either because he also was all over her. But then he said that he heard of concubine's jealous fights but murder? And Molan practiced her mother's skills of sulking and whining but 6th son of Liang is not Sheng Hong, her father. 6th son of Liang is a son of the Count of Wu, one of the wealthiest families in the capital, spoiled and a womanizer. Sheng Hong was in love with Molan's mother, while 6th Liang son is not. Molan denied her maid's request to be released as her family requested. 6th Liang son asked Molan's maid what happened to the women who were Molan's childhood maids and was told they were killed after they were found out to have helped Molan into illicit meetings with him and Molan's mother was the one who spread the gossip about those meetings. He also heard TY restate what ML said about Molan's mother and Ml statement that there was evidence against his wife's dead mother. What would the 6th Liang son do with those information? Molan has dark circles around her eyes as if she is not resting well and the maid she did not release will become the 6th concubine of her husband. Can't wait for the redress. 

 

Now the jealousy and non jealousy, the origin of heated and fiery debates over who of the loving couple behaved wrong or right. If we look at Ming Lan and Ting Ye's body language now, both of their body actions declare their deep love for the other. Married one year and the awkwardness of new living togetherness is lessening and replaced with comfort, trust and love especially for Ming Lan, who did not have the luxury as Ting Ye who had all the time to fall in love with Ming Lan when they had a talk at the seaport after he rescued her from the pirates. When they were first married it was TY who always initiated the intimacy and touching. In the carriage ML always scoots to the corner and TY had to slowly move over to be at her side. Now, at the carriage, they are side by side, they talk and he massages her neck and she is laughing loving it, clasping his hands and leaning into him for  a hug or a touch. They hold and clasp hands, link arms, hug all the time and both naturally initiate the touching. Whenever TY's temper flares and makes a hasty decision that could result in damages to himself and the family, Ming Lan first soothes him with her touch as in the case of taking him away from Manniang as he was about to order torture. She first hugged him and dragged him away to a safe place where she could sit him down and without taking her hands away, she calmed him down then explained her reasons for an alternative plan. When TY was keening in grief over knowing that his son had "died", Minglan did not hesitate to hug and comfort him. During and after the concubine selection which was initiated by the wicked stepmother and played on by another dummy aunt, both TY and ML were not comfortable with the situation. Their actions that night of the concubine and TY's supposed "wedding night" were comical at the same time sad. TY kept Shitou at the doorstep and kept asking if the main house had called for him and ML on the other hand was awake with the excuse of soaking her feet or doing some other body treatment. However, when TY left the concubine's house without bedding her,  in the early morning hours and went to bed with ML, they woke up entertwined bodily arms and legs. Their bodies consciously express what their reasoning do not. What they show from my perspective, is that, they have both feelings of insecurity about how the other feels about them but they don't talk about those feelings. He pouts and then shouts in anger without explaining the reason for his actions and she gets frightened and mopes without asking for a clarification. They are both right to think that their point of view is right and they are both wrong to think that the other's point of view is incorrect relative to theirs. 

 

ML grew up looking at Sheng Hong carry on the role of a father and a husband. He saw the partiality of his treatments with regards to his favorite concubine and children vs his legal wife and other concubines and their children. However, favorite or not her father's favor was not given that easily either. Linniang had to exert tremendous effort with crying, whining, wheedling and outright lying to get what she wants. When Sheng Hong got disappointed and hurt by Linniang he killed her, had all the servants who knew about or related to her crime either killed or sold at the slave market. Sheng's Big Madam was even frightened of him when she learned of Linniang's death. Then ML's first love, who said he will make her his first wife even if the society they lived in especially his parents, would not permit it, promised anyway but was unable to fulfill the promise. Neither was this first love able to protect her from the gossip circulated around the capital about her. The prospective husband her grandmother chose for her was a sweet and honorable man but was too soft of a man to defend her from his avaricious relatives. So there is a source of Ming Lan's reservation and unease, especially in a society where concubinage is expected for preservation of family ancestry. This man whom she married seems to madly adore her, but might one day fall in love with a concubine. From her frame of reference (her past) it is safer to convince herself to guard her heart and not fully give herself to this man even if she loves him already in her heart but not in her reasoning mind. 

 

TY on the other hand grew up beloved and dotted on when he was younger especially by his father but when his mother died,  and his father married the third wife his stepmother, it all changed. His stepmother appeared to love and spoil him and defended him against his siblings yet his father beat him and believed the lies spread by his siblings and Gu relatives about him. His role model for a Big Madam and a wife was his stepmother who appeared kind and supportive towards him. She was good at pleading, tearing and imploring and that was what TY thought as the good woman or mother. He rebelled later went away to study somewhere with a known scholar, but frequented entertainment houses, fell in love with an opera singer, had 2 children with her, bought his own house away from his family and lived with his mistress and 2 children and his old Bai nanny. He is brash, cheeky, forthright, gutsy and intelligent at the same time stubborn and reckless. His mistress Manniang appeared for him to be loving, devoted and solicituos. Nanny, however, knew different and tried to warn him but he would not listen. When he first decided to get married to provide a secure home for his children and mistress he selected a prospective wife who was alike to his stepmother Madam Qin. Someone who implored for her right to a pin and cried and was able to get help. When Manniang stepped on his heart and deceived him and when he realized his stepmother had duped, used and double crossed him, his eyes was opened. He then found ML, to be different as she was trustworthy, level headed, brave, kindhearted, and brainy as well as beautiful and fell in love. However, from his perspective, because of his past and also knowing her history as she does his, he wants some assurance. 

 

Concubinage is an approved and expected family practice and business to secure future family extention especially via the sons. From what I have read in the forums the Big Madam of the house has the duty to approve or disapprove of a concubine following a set of guidelines and protocol as in there is something wrong with the prospective concubine, physically, mentally, status wise or even financially. ML can't just say I can't approve of the concubine because I want to be the only wife or I will be jealous. The family will descend on her head. She can't give the excuse that she has to wait for her husband to make the decision just like the day after her wedding night when the elders were trying to force a concubine on her because she has been married for a year without a son, is the Big Madam of the house and a Marchioness at that. It is expected that she makes the decision. Now, the aunt who is the sister of the late Marquiss is used by stepmother Qin just like she used the other aunts to get the aunt to present ML with a concubine. ML had no choice but to accept. She was fighting for her status as the wife of Marquiss Gu and the Big Madam of his house. I think that intelectually TY understands his wife's position and decision but emotionally unable to reconcile with it since it seemed that it was so easy for his wife to let him bed another woman. He did not see the forced smile on ML's face. On the other hand, ML assumed that TY understands her reasoning and her fears. None of the two are purposely hurting or disrespecting the other. All they need to do is sit down and talk. BTW, TY never really reassured ML verbally as in saying I love you instead of I love you because you are blah, blah. I think he needs to do that. 

 

Sorry for the long post. It is just many people are angry and calling Ml names which is unfair if both are understood from their respective views. 

 

  • Like 13
  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ammiel said:

Theres something missing here, noone seemed to have mentioned the way Gty was brought up, he desired love from his father and his step mother because his mother died at his birth,and his father was always angry with him he was blamed for everything that happened and flogged, thats  why he became an angry, loud man

 

ML at least had her mother till she was 8 or 9 she had some taste of love from her mother

we didnt see anything about her relationship with her father only that he didnt protect her mother, thats been the problem with her not trusting men

 

GTY did some very terrible things you never take on a concubine  till your married and have a child( If I understand correctly) he had 2 children by this slave and then gave her freedom because she showed him so much love and compassion (all a lie to get his money) he was besotted with her but it wasnt right thats why his Father really was so angry with his silliness

how can you now get a wife and GTY said I want the mother of my children to be my wife

 

Gty also did everything he could to marry ML,he used  lots of tricks  to make sure she came to him and I understood she was in love with Qiheng and was waiting for him so when he dumped her she  again 

 

its a very interesting drama

Now I understand where he is coming from, he is so hungry for love and he just adores ML

but she is very young and doesnt understand if he doesnt tell her plainly, and hes sort of coy and worried to say anything because he wants her to show him, hes wanting that so much

 

ML its a job, that needs fixing and its a huge undertaking what she has married into with the stepmom wanting them to drift apart doing everything possible to complete their mission and the spys who can she trust? She is only 18, or 20

she is certainly trained in management but knows nothing about men or love

 

 

Truly none of us have been recounting GTY's family problems and his own childhood trauma like we do for ML and even QH, to back up their reasons for their attitude.. And I think this is because unlike them, GTY somehow discarded his family and grew up street wise, so we somehow overlook his own problems since he doesn't really show that he is bothered about it or he is also really hurt about it, which he is. Because instead of how ML kept her pain bolted, he has poured his pain out with anger since he is very fierce and loud.. Haha.. 

Hahhahha, but I think if there will be an age difference between them it will only be either 7 years difference or at most 10 years, so she isn't really young.. But she is definitely still a child and a novice at love, which makes her so adorable that you can't even get angry at her :joy:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

. I think that intelectually TY understands his wife's position and decision but emotionally unable to reconcile with it since it seemed that it was so easy for his wife to let him bed another woman. He did not see the forced smile on ML's face. On the other hand, ML assumed that TY understands her reasoning and her fears. None of the two are purposely hurting or disrespecting the other. All they need to do is sit down and talk. BTW, TY never really reassured ML verbally as in saying I love you instead of I love you because you are blah, blah. I think he needs to do that. 

Wow.. I just want to clap for whoever wrote this masterpiece and gemlike post.. like.. Omg such a vast and broad view.. Sorry for cutting the post.. Just wanted to say this was the part that hit me the most, intellectually he understands her as the big madam of the house, but emotionally he is not able to fathom that the wife he loves dearly is OK with him taking another woman to bed right under her nose.. So he is unable to see her forced 'I'm ok'.. And also ML also thinks he understands her predicaments but doesn't really know that, this string and cunning marquis is someone so sensitive to the matters of the heart.. What an interesting piece.. Seriously, I thank you for this post. :thumbsup::heart:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/sUIm49au7PY

 

Can someone translate what's going on here? Also it's at episode 61 soon and there is so much left....do you guys think they'll have time to show her two pregnancies without rushing it? Also do you guys think we will get to see Molan's down fall? I hope so. She's so selfish and crazy. Also, the MIL is so...I'm tired of her. I just want everyone to find out how horrible she is already. And in a trailer I saw minglan crying holding onto what looked like bars in a prison. Does that mean GTY goes to prison? :( I really hope not. If he does I really can't imagine what for especially when he saved this new emperors life. Also, last thing, I love all the cute scenes with minglan and GTY. 

Edited by Sirry Usly
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, minglan1 said:

I loved the empress in episode 54.She unlike her husband is a smart lady who recognized the intelligence of ML.Empress asked ML to help patch up the differences between her brother and his wife.Doing so  would also restore the reputation of ML which was torn to shreds by the daughter of Duke of Ying.

What better way than to let the one who embarrasses you restore your honor.

 

Marquis Gu and Marchioness Minglan are still busy with trying to make the other understand what love means in their respective dictionary.

They can serve as a perfect case study on what are the barriers to effective communication.:lol:

 

The master's woes in love is soon to befall Shitou too.Xiaotao is unhappy with him and is even planning to forsake the fried cherries he gets for her.:D

 

Evil stepmom has found her soul sister in Aunty Kang to step up her plotting.Add ED to the mix and the evil recipe to bring down the power couple is almost ready.

 

 

 I'm also excited to see when ML and GTY serve out justice too after all the plotting has happened :D with stepmother and Aunty Kang. I have a little insight into what happens to Aunty Kang but it looks like, from one of the trailers, stepmother goes a little crazy? The scene where she pushes all the ancestral tablets and is laughing :blink:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Let's face it. Every character in the show is flawed, one way or another. Makes them human. Makes them more relatable. 

 

GTY is far from a saint. Or a gentleman. 

In fact, when ML called him evil, a ruffian and a scoundrel, he didn't even rebuke her. 

Because he knows its not untrue. 

He schemed his way into marrying her. 

Man to man, bro to bro, I wouldn't disagree that he let QH down. Pretentious, playing dumb with him. But it's calculated move. 

He seems to be fully aware that QH will be angry, and it seems that he made a choice, and take the risk of losing his friendship with QH for ML. 

 

Whether or not he truly will help QH when he made the offer to him previously becomes irrelevant, because fact is, QH didn't choose that, we would never know. It will always be a what-if zone. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

 

One thing I do like about GTY. He takes responsibility when he sees his mistakes. He admits his mistakes, and try to mend his ways, and make up for it.

He does that with his children. 

He doesn't see his action as a mistake. It was a conscious choice. 

 

One difference between GTY and QH. 

GTY has never said he does anything for ML. 

When he schemed his way through to marry her, he said "to get you". "Determined to get you, the trouble I went to get this marriage."

When he truly does something for her, protecting her, no one needs to know, no rewards required. 

While QH claimed to do things for ML, it was never for her benefit, and she has never benefited from it. All he has done is caused her harm, and yet in his head, he believes it's for her. 

 

At the end of the day, It comes down to choices that each makes. 

And those choices are driven by priorities. 

Sometimes, there are no bad person, but all victims nonetheless. 

QH was a victim of his circumstances, and of his naivete. 

He has his priorities. He made his choice to let ML go. Arguably, his circumstances left him with little choice, but sometimes, until we try it, we will never know how the path will end...

GTY made his choice, to fight for her. He made her his priority over his friendship with QH. 

 

Whether the choices they made was good or bad, it depends on which and whose pov we take. 

 

Well said. This is why I like this drama so much.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...