Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Yeah it’s cute and all but when I read that he does things to try to make her jealous makes me a little pissed off. Lol he can tease her like how he did telling her stories of man cheating etc. but if he diliberately will do something to make her jealous it’s quite pitiful. 

Arousing jealousy on someone just so you can see if they care for you can cause mistrust, anxiety, and insecurity if ML takes it seriously. GTY is just backtracking rather then progressing in their relationship if so... Jealousy is one of those sharp blade slicing through one’s heart. I hope he figures out another way to understand ML more instead of this childish method.

 

Granted a healthy relationship needs to have healthy arguments here and there which they do have. And I see ML sometimes have a temper in front of GTY and likewise but matters of the heart for example enticing jealousy is something that one shouldn’t mess with. It seems that GTY needs a lot of reassurance of MLs heart then he should just ask her straight, do you love me?

 

Since I haven’t watch those episodes I’ll just wait and see. 

He has always been asking her though, but ML is just treating everything like a job so her answers are like 'loving you is my duty, so I love you'.. You know, so I feel asking her won't hold any value because she will just squirm around with witty sayings and resolve to 'you are my husband, it's what I should do'.. So I think, even if ML doesn't want to feel free in her heart, she should stop treating her marriage as a job or her husband as a boss she is keeping checks and balance for.. GTY also doesn't know what else TT do to make her open up, and fortunately the concubine came at the right time, so I think that's why he sees that as an easy way.. Matters about jealousy shouldn't be touched but for ML, it's probably that only stupid things cam make her open up.. 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe gty sh learn fr qh. Qh was so confident that ml love him through simple & small gestures like gifting him with ankle pad. The gestures ml did towards her darling two were more magnificent than qh. Thus gty sh be convinced that ml love him. She has me in her heart... La la

  • Like 5
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mundane9 said:

Since they rewrote the script for the adaptation - I wonder if his son is really dead or will be 'resurrected' later on.

 

Yeah that grave looked suspicious. There was a skeleton but the soil looked fresh....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mooose said:

 

Yeah that grave looked suspicious. There was a skeleton but the soil looked fresh....

@mooose  I think the child is really dead, This is why Manning was so off her rockers.. Killing GTY was pleasure for her because she feel so cheated that she didn't even touch a quarter of his wealth..  Her plan to use the child backfired not only do I think the child is dead so is her brother..  Both could have caught some kind of plague back then wondering around from town to town no telling what they could have pick up.. Also just seeing how desperate she is I wouldn't put it past her if she even sold the child..  She may have stashed him away in a temple..

 

I do have a question.? What was the argument about between ML and her sorry father.. also was Molan there asking for money her and nookie junkie husband..?  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suzzy San said:

He has always been asking her though, but ML is just treating everything like a job so her answers are like 'loving you is my duty, so I love you'.. You know, so I feel asking her won't hold any value because she will just squirm around with witty sayings and resolve to 'you are my husband, it's what I should do'.. So I think, even if ML doesn't want to feel free in her heart, she should stop treating her marriage as a job or her husband as a boss she is keeping checks and balance for.. GTY also doesn't know what else TT do to make her open up, and fortunately the concubine came at the right time, so I think that's why he sees that as an easy way.. Matters about jealousy shouldn't be touched but for ML, it's probably that only stupid things cam make her open up.. 

Then he doesn’t trust her and her words at all then.... 

GTY is a lot to handle. Always needs to be reassured. He’s like that annoying gf asking all the time, do you love me? You don’t love me enough! 

Actions should speak louder than words. Whatever she does for GTY it’s not like she would do for any man. He already schemed his way to get ML so he should cherish that he has her already. Like I said he is becoming overbearing at this point even more than when QH was pursuing ML. 

Even though it may seem like it I don’t think she treats her marriage like a job. I believe her marriage is something precious to her so I understand why she is cautious at times. After all, GTY is the only person she can rely on from now on. I don’t mean that as a bad thing it is similar to how she relied on granny. 

Like it was mentioned the director said when ML slapped MN should be the indication that she has already in love with GTY. 

For a husband or wife to accept and treat someone’s else kid like it were their own and feeling the pain he is in trying to find his son, in my opinion already shows that ML can make sacrifices for GTY. I think GTY is disregarding ML love and care for him because it’s not up to his standards. 

  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, callshu said:

Most of you are thinking GTY loves her a lot. Why Milan cannot understand? Which ever period it maybe, whether it is 21st Century or that period, as a wife, how can you love 100% to a husband who already had 2 children and loves them a lot. There is a saying, if a man loves a children that means, he still loves the mother of those children. 

After Minlan married him, she has a very hard time mentally. A lot of burden on her shoulder while she is still very young. Concubines, daughter and son from another woman, snobbish relatives, unwanted servants etc. in reality love alone cannot survive. 

Well said @callshu  Let's not forget everyboidy is scheming to get they hands in the cookie jar.. 

I tell you I'm getting real tired of this concubine plot.. ML looking at GTY needs to have and heir present like now, This will cut down on a lot of everyone coming out of the boondocks and woodworks to drop off a concubines for hinm to impregnate..   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

 

I do have a question.? What was the argument about between ML and her sorry father.. also was Molan there asking for money her and nookie junkie husband..?  

 

Found excerpt of dialogue. Credit to jolie_vie at fastdrama.

 

Molan wanted to retrieve her mother's remains and have them interred at Yuqing temple with a big ceremony.  ML was not having it.

 

ML IMMEDIATELY THREW HER CHOPSTICKS that hit the table and dropped to the floor… 
ML: she wanted to kneel, i didn’t ask her to kneel
SH: what are you doing? we are eating as a family, you threw things, so unreasonable, it's not for you to make decision
ML: since ancient times, no murderer is worthy to stand in front of the dead
SH: what? murderer
ML: you still don’t know? LinQinShuang is the one who killed my mother
SH: what nonsense are you saying?
MoLan: you’re talking nonsense
ML: i didn’t talk nonsense, 4th sister, unless i’m dead, otherwise you should forever not think of placing LinQinShuang’s tablet in YuQing Temple
SH: you’re talking nonsense. QinShuang is such a gentle person, how could she have killed your mother? The whole family knows that your mother died of childbirth. how can this be possible.
MoLan: you malign my mother, 
ML: witness and statement are available, if you don’t believe, we can go to court, 
SH: (hits the table) you wantto destroy the entire family’s reputation, all servants leave (shouting at XT & DJ) both of you, too!

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@leeza77 I both agree and disagree. ML has more or less built a psychological shell around her heart. Unless it's something drastic she won't break out of it cause of safety reasons. Such things happens in modern day also. ML has gotten comfortable in her shell, so i don't think anything will change otherwise.

@Lunkera ML is like this because of her father and Granny, I guess Granny husband never dited and showered her with love nor have she really seen what a loving couple is.. All ML has seen growing up in the differences the men makes in first wife second wife and so on.. Even her sisters marriages were all shambles and no talk of love.. So we can't really blame ML for who she is.. If GTRY wants to get some lead way in her feelings for him he needs to go talk to Granny she's the only one that can help change ML point of view on this subject..

 

Question: Within the next 4 episodes they should learn she's pregnant.. Do the Aunt concubiune still lives there or dio she leaves.?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mooose said:

 

Found excerpt of dialogue. Credit to jolie_vie at fastdrama.

 

Molan wanted to retrieve her mother's remains and have them interred at Yuqing temple with a big ceremony.  ML was not having it.

 

ML IMMEDIATELY THREW HER CHOPSTICKS that hit the table and dropped to the floor… 
ML: she wanted to kneel, i didn’t ask her to kneel
SH: what are you doing? we are eating as a family, you threw things, so unreasonable, it's not for you to make decision
ML: since ancient times, no murderer is worthy to stand in front of the dead
SH: what? murderer
ML: you still don’t know? LinQinShuang is the one who killed my mother
SH: what nonsense are you saying?
MoLan: you’re talking nonsense
ML: i didn’t talk nonsense, 4th sister, unless i’m dead, otherwise you should forever not think of placing LinQinShuang’s tablet in YuQing Temple
SH: you’re talking nonsense. QinShuang is such a gentle person, how could she have killed your mother? The whole family knows that your mother died of childbirth. how can this be possible.
MoLan: you malign my mother, 
ML: witness and statement are available, if you don’t believe, we can go to court, 
SH: (hits the table) you wantto destroy the entire family’s reputation, all servants leave (shouting at XT & DJ) both of you, too!

 

Thanks @mooose  AWESOME.. Looking forward to this episode.. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love.  With us drama-watchers, it's all about The Love.

 

MingLan was very specific in earlier scenes about LOVE.  Yes, her husband may "love and desire" her NOW.  But, that is not a luxury to indulge or something to continue to expect as he can/will take on other women and may like one or more of them more than her.  Plain and simple.  The one thing that can be counted upon is her ROLE.  She is the Main Wife.  THAT, and that alone is what anchors her position in the entire world.  

 

While lots and lots of watchers are ohhh-ing and ahhh-ing over TingYe's proclamations of LOVE and wishing MingLan would just 'open her heart' and accept his 'love,'  she is fully aware of how fleeting that may be.  

 

Great story.  Does it have a sad ending?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

Love.  With us drama-watchers, it's all about The Love.

 

MingLan was very specific in earlier scenes about LOVE.  Yes, her husband may "love and desire" her NOW.  But, that is not a luxury to indulge or something to continue to expect as he can/will take on other women and may like one or more of them more than her.  Plain and simple.  The one thing that can be counted upon is her ROLE.  She is the Main Wife.  THAT, and that alone is what anchors her position in the entire world.  

 

While lots and lots of watchers are ohhh-ing and ahhh-ing over TingYe's proclamations of LOVE and wishing MingLan would just 'open her heart' and accept his 'love,'  she is fully aware of how fleeting that may be.  

 

Great story.  Does it have a sad ending?

Good and satisfying ending

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting views on GTY and ML relationship. Enjoyed reading all.Now waiting for the subbed episodes to catch up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mingminglanlan said:

YOYOYO can someone tell me what the Empress is talking about in the preview clip, I know it's about being from Yangzhou but that's pretty much it. 

 

Isn't the guy at the polo match the one whom ML slashes with a sword in the earlier trailers?

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Then he doesn’t trust her and her words at all then.... 

GTY is a lot to handle. Always needs to be reassured. He’s like that annoying gf asking all the time, do you love me? You don’t love me enough! 

Actions should speak louder than words. Whatever she does for GTY it’s not like she would do for any man. He already schemed his way to get ML so he should cherish that he has her already. Like I said he is becoming overbearing at this point even more than when QH was pursuing ML. 

Even though it may seem like it I don’t think she treats her marriage like a job. I believe her marriage is something precious to her so I understand why she is cautious at times. After all, GTY is the only person she can rely on from now on. I don’t mean that as a bad thing it is similar to how she relied on granny. 

Like it was mentioned the director said when ML slapped MN should be the indication that she has already in love with GTY. 

For a husband or wife to accept and treat someone’s else kid like it were their own and feeling the pain he is in trying to find his son, in my opinion already shows that ML can make sacrifices for GTY. I think GTY is disregarding ML love and care for him because it’s not up to his standards. 

:joy:I so love this, hmm true, that's why I agree with what was said earlier, they both are comfortable with each other, that's why they always talk about their ways together, they understands each other, but they still don't trust each other regarding their deep feelings, even though they both know they wouldn't betray each other, they still don't trust the actions each other show to express their love.. Even ML does not know she is in love.. So I think they should just trust each other's actions that proves love.. What a funny relationship, different expectations for love + different personalities as individual = power couple's fight:lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 50

GTY stepmom is on point about the difference with GTY and ML. One attacks one defends... If it weren’t for ML being careful all her life, GTY would’ve made grave mistakes already... For sure stepmom is scrambling her brains to try to break the bond between GTY and ML apart. Little did she know all it took was GTY to see ML and QH talking to each other. :crazy:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Tbh, i'm sorta getting weary of GTY wanting ML to start loving and trusting him as a man and her husband..and with ML feeling insecure and maybe doesn't know what love really and truly is then y push her?, it's not like they got married due to love in the first place and he knew bcos he'd overheard her talking to her maid about her insecurities with her future and being cautious, y not let it rests and just go with the flow?..they got a whole lot of future as husband and wife together to teach her more about love and to trust in him, she will come around eventually...and i often wondered, if this was QH as her husband and she had some feelings for him before, would she had given him the love like how GTY is desperately seeking from her?

 

6 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

I don’t know if GTY realizes how much strength and support ML gives to him. And how much she tries her best. At this point I think GTY is being a little bit overbearing with his needs. Sure, he wants her to show more of her weaknesses, the side of her that no body see. The real side of her if revealed people can find a way to harm her. He wants to see her act madly in love with him. Give her all to him. Maybe he knows she does so much for him and he wants to have something that he can do for her as well. But dude, take a chill pill. ML already have soo much to deal with how can she have time to think about other things at this point. I understand though that in their up coming fight it’ll be a chance for GTY to learn to appreciate ML more. Hopefully, I don’t know how it goes yet since I’m only in episode 49. Haha 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Then he doesn’t trust her and her words at all then.... 

GTY is a lot to handle. Always needs to be reassured. He’s like that annoying gf asking all the time, do you love me? You don’t love me enough! 

Actions should speak louder than words. Whatever she does for GTY it’s not like she would do for any man. He already schemed his way to get ML so he should cherish that he has her already. Like I said he is becoming overbearing at this point even more than when QH was pursuing ML. 

Even though it may seem like it I don’t think she treats her marriage like a job. I believe her marriage is something precious to her so I understand why she is cautious at times. After all, GTY is the only person she can rely on from now on. I don’t mean that as a bad thing it is similar to how she relied on granny. 

Like it was mentioned the director said when ML slapped MN should be the indication that she has already in love with GTY. 

For a husband or wife to accept and treat someone’s else kid like it were their own and feeling the pain he is in trying to find his son, in my opinion already shows that ML can make sacrifices for GTY. I think GTY is disregarding ML love and care for him because it’s not up to his standards. 

 

8 hours ago, leeza77 said:

What did gty wants actually when he said those words. He accused ml as not cherishing her. Then, how to cherish him. Did ml care about him, be with him during the crisis, helping him with his daughter (wh not many woman can do that), worried about him whe he was injured, feel the sorrow with him when his brother pressured him to help the cousin. Ml might not tell him about her feeling bcoz she didn't yet realize her feeling towards him, but all the things she had done show her love and affection towards him. The have just married and so many things occured in their life. Ml was thrown into the chaos of gty's world with evil stepmom, aunties, empress dowager and manniang. She doesn't even have a breather for herself to analyse her feeling. 

Gty claim to know her well.. Then, be patient. Do not pressure her to declare her love. The love is in her heart. She will come around to do it in time. 

 

Thank you for you guys above i totally agree with everything you said , i with GTY is being way to pushy. The amount shes done for him should already be enough to show you that she care's for you. When GTY entered this marriage he knew that ML was most likely still in love with QH yet somehow expects full love from the start? Lets think for a moment that what if ML never fell in love with him, what if ML still had QH in her heart and never opens up to ML do people really think GTY would still treat her well or keep her as a wife? I think hes selfish in this aspect. He knew what ML was like before marriage and he knows about her history yet he still wants to force this issue?

 

If we see how GTY is now imagine if ML never open's up her feeling's i really doubt his love for her would remain the same once when accept's more concubine's etc.. 

 

4 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

 she also thinks like other women the city who believes acting virtously and being like a perfect person, which is not, is the best way to live.. Just know your true self and don't cover for a perfect side to him 

 

That is how a women was supposed to act back then.. shes acting the correct way hes the one acting odd.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Wow your phone was on 5 precent and u can write and translate this much. Thats mvp. I appreciate for your translation.

 

What do he mean when he say HouYe and Guan Ren? Those 2 words means?

 

Lol...I was translating on my phone and writing on my desktop.

GuanRen means Official...his position in court....Houye is Marquis...the title he inherited.

the other two Er Lang and Zhong Huai is his courtesy name  and is how he's called by his close and intimate friends...like CB calls him both.

 

9 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Wow.. ML is so dumb about the matters of the heart.. Before I thought she was just pretending or maybe deceiving herself.. But she is really dumb about all these love things.. Omg i really wish someone gives her a one on one lesson about love and marriage.. Truly she is seeing these as official thing about duty, ML ah ML let's be more vast.. I think this is actually past the Era, it's more of ML not knowing what her husband wants or what she wants.. 

 

For me this problem has gotten way past the difference between men and women of that Era, it has gotten way past what her resolutions to life is, it has gotten way past what the world thinks, the problem is about the happiness of their family.. The husband she is trying hard to be a dutiful woman has told her what he wants, the house she is trying to make peace for is now on the verge of being in disorder, no man can be trusted, yes, but no one lives their life guarding against the one  man that is legally yours, anything can happen in the future, yes, but no one forgets about the joy of the present.. And all this is true and even though, the Era dictates these things as legal, this man has shown you time without number that unless there is an 100 percent reason for that, he will stand by you.. For me I do not need to love him back 100 percent but I still will love him as much as do myself.. ML needs to learn and let go of her discord with her heart.. It's that Era as an excuse is surely not the best way to go, the problem is ML's heart and supposed survival stints. Not the Era, not what the future brings, not if a man's love will change, these are not the problems.. The problem is what she has kept at her brain 

It's like an official terms for husband.. It's more like a distance term and not like an intimate one like Erlang.. It's more like addressing your boss

 

Well said. I think GTY even though he understood her personality, never realized ML's past has been a unforgiving teacher for her. The lessons she learned are deeply embedded in her psyche. 

 

9 hours ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

I could be the odd ball here. But I actually found the translation funny (haven't watched the extended preview). 

So while we were thinking of this and that, she's actually just THAT dense about love?? :lol:

 

Actually, didn't they have that conversation already? Not the last bit of having no heart. But the fact that no matter what men do, they can always make a comeback. Women, on the other hand, never had that luxury. Their reputation is pretty much everything, their world confined...

 

I wasn't laughing at first when ML was being dense and GTY's blood started boiling with each answer and but then his throwing his hat or whatever at her....and ML looking like what the hell does he want me to say.....wasn't that the right answer....I couldn't help but laugh.

And yes this convo. happened already but with QH in the temple when she was telling him to stop his pursuit. ML after saying that then gave him the unspoken go ahead....which then lost the impact of the argument for me.

 

9 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Tbh, i'm sorta getting weary of GTY wanting ML to start loving and trusting him as a man and her husband..and with ML feeling insecure and maybe doesn't know what love really and truly is then y push her?, it's not like they got married due to love in the first place and he knew bcos he'd overheard her talking to her maid about her insecurities with her future and being cautious, y not let it rests and just go with the flow?..they got a whole lot of future as husband and wife together to teach her more about love and to trust in him, she will come around eventually...and i often wondered, if this was QH as her husband and she had some feelings for him before, would she had given him the love like how GTY is desperately seeking from her?

 

I think it seems GTY is rushing ML too much because in the drama they have only been married few weeks/months?? GTY getting insecure and pushing ML to love him when they have their whole future ahead does seem a little desperate. Maybe the writers are rushing to get everything in coz theres a lot to more cover. It would have made more sense if they had followed the book and let them have this argument after 2 years of marriage and birth of the first child. I think then it would make sense for GTY to get angry that ML still sees this marriage as a job.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dito said:

 

Lol...I was translating on my phone and writing on my desktop.

GuanRen means Official...his position in court....Houye is Marquis...the title he inherited.

the other two Er Lang and Zhong Huai is his courtesy name  and is how he's called by his close and intimate friends...like CB calls him both.

 

 

Well said. I think GTY even though he understood her personality, never realized ML's past has been a unforgiving teacher for her. The lessons she learned are deeply embedded in her psyche. 

 

 

I wasn't laughing at first when ML was being dense and GTY's blood started boiling with each answer and but then his throwing his hat or whatever at her....and ML looking like what the hell does he want me to say.....wasn't that the right answer....I couldn't help but laugh.

And yes this convo. happened already but with QH in the temple when she was telling him to stop his pursuit. ML after saying that then gave him the unspoken go ahead....which then lost the impact of the argument for me.

 

 

I think may be because it seems GTY is rushing ML too much because in the drama they have only been married few weeks/months?? GTY getting insecure and pushing ML to love him when they have their whole future ahead does seem a little desperate. Maybe the writers are rushing to get everything in coz theres a lot to more cover. It would have made more sense if they had followed the book and let them have this argument after 2 years of marriage and birth of the first child. I think then it would make sense for GTY to get angry that ML still sees this marriage as a job.

Well in the novel gty's character was not a romantic outgoing guy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dito said:

 

 

 

Well said. I think GTY even though he understood her personality, never realized ML's past has been a unforgiving teacher for her. The lessons she learned are deeply embedded in her psyche. 

 

ML after saying that then gave him the unspoken go ahead....which then lost the impact of the argument for me.

 

 

 

He knew about her mother , he knew about QH he obviously know's about the crappy father?

 

SO he does know the past of her pretty well yet expects to just have all the love, i also think its most likely been month's / a year since the wedding. 

 

Also what do you mean by saying ML gave QH the unspoken go ahead.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...