[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

23 minutes ago, matrim said:

You got the conversation between QH and GTY right. One tiny thing though, QH implied that in the matter of courting ML, GTY deceived him. From this he deducted that GTY wasn't a trustworthy man and shouldn't hold a position of high responsibility in court. From this one can clearly see personal matters intertwined with court issues, so when QH finally said "I did this all for the court.", he's only deceiving himself.

He is just making himself look like the self righteous man that cares for his country while deep down its just his personal influence.. What a pity that he is bow living the life of deceit himself without anyone deceiving him 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, matrim said:

You got the conversation between QH and GTY right. One tiny thing though, QH implied that in the matter of courting ML, GTY deceived him. From this he deducted that GTY wasn't a trustworthy man and shouldn't hold a position of high responsibility in court. From this one can clearly see personal matters intertwined with court issues, so when QH finally said "I did this all for the court.", he's only deceiving himself.

Qh was in delusion. If he is really a good officer, he sh investigate any rumours he heard about gty. But what did he do? Blindly reported  and tarnished gty's name in front of emperor and court's official. He was childish. 

In hindsight ML should not have hidden behind Grandma and XT in rejecting QH. He needed to be told directly, ' boy, I dont want you no more/ I've moved on/ I never look back/ GTY personally proposed and I've accepted' etc.

Because of lingering affection for her first love, she didn't face him and left him to draw negative conclusions about GTY.

18 minutes ago, mooose said:

In hindsight ML should not have hidden behind Grandma and XT in rejecting QH. He needed to be told directly, ' boy, I dont want you no more/ I've moved on/ I never look back/ GTY personally proposed and I've accepted' etc.

Because of lingering affection for her first love, she didn't face him and left him to draw negative conclusions about GTY.

I don’t know if this would have changed anything. He would have blamed her or not believed her anyway. Qh has always got what he wanted apart from ml. Instead of reflecting on his mistakes, he blames others. It’s a like a child that lost his favorite toy. Even in the clip it seems he doesn’t believe her.

they are setting him up to fight completely against gty. And this shows that in the end he never cared for ml or wanted her happiness.

17 minutes ago, mooose said:

If qh really know ml, whatever that has been told by xiatao to him has come from ml herself and not from grandma. Gty was able to marry ml bcoz ml agreed to the marriage and thus persuaded grandma so. Thus, any rejection came directly from ml. For a delusional man like qh, you can't reasonate with him. 

19 minutes ago, mooose said:

To speak to QH directly would be inappropiate and tarnish ML's reputation, for she had been engaged to GTY.

1 minute ago, matrim said:

To speak to QH directly would be inappropiate and tarnish ML's reputation, for she had been engaged to GTY.

Actually, at the time, grandma has yet to accept the proposal. Shitou asked gty when qh left to see ml (to ask her whether she agreed to the proposal) why gty dare qh to ask ml directly as grandma has yet to accept the proposal. Gty confidently said that i know ml. She will not going to look back at him. 

A lot of characters in the drama have been greatly changed compared with the novel, both in personality and plot line. While I understand the changes, added interactions etc are mainly for greater drama effect, but I don't quite like the exaggeration of some characters, their arcs feel forced and unnatural. Take QH's wife for example, in the novel she also feels jealousy and attempts to hurt ML's feelings but all done in a subtler way, under the disguise of a elegant lady. In the drama she spread the rumor to GTY's aunt, implying ML played tricks in marrying GTY. At that time, woman's reputation was everything, rumors like that could cause husband to divorce his wife. With a bad reputation a woman could hardly marry again, thus her life ruined. It's really not something one could talk so casually. Drama Shen Shi (QH's wife) was then turned into a more spiteful, richard simmons character.

27 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty tried to make ml jealous, alas his plan backfired. Ml left him with his concubine and seek her bed alone and sleep soundly.. :lol:

This makes me sad for GTY. He is so desperate for her to show she cares/loves him but she is so convincing in her indifference. I cannot imagine how she slept soundly ...

39 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty tried to make ml jealous, alas his plan backfired. Ml left him with his concubine and seek her bed alone and sleep soundly.. :lol:

Even though people might hate this personally i love it shes so stubborn that it's quite funny , he keeps trying to get a reaction in the silliest way's.

21 minutes ago, shem1 said:

I thought GTY would never take in a concubine???? 

Sometimes its out of his control.

8 minutes ago, selen4ever said:

This makes me sad for GTY. He is so desperate for her to show she cares/loves him but she is so convincing in her indifference. I cannot imagine how she slept soundly ...

Me too. I get her POV, I really do but I feel for him. He has never been loved and he craves for love. At least she has her granny but he had nobody.

however it is funny the way he tries. And I guess his way of dealing with her is what she needs

21 minutes ago, matrim said:

A lot of characters in the drama have been greatly changed compared with the novel, both in personality and plot line. While I understand the changes, added interactions etc are mainly for greater drama effect, but I don't quite like the exaggeration of some characters, their arcs feel forced and unnatural. Take QH's wife for example, in the novel she also feels jealousy and attempts to hurt ML's feelings but all done in a subtler way, under the disguise of a elegant lady. In the drama she spread the rumor to GTY's aunt, implying ML played tricks in marrying GTY. At that time, woman's reputation was everything, rumors like that could cause husband to divorce his wife. With a bad reputation a woman could hardly marry again, thus her life ruined. It's really not something one could talk so casually. Drama Shen Shi (QH's wife) was then turned into a more spiteful, richard simmons character.

I mean the book sounds boring to me.. in my view the Show has improved most aspects compared to the book. People also need to remember that the book is ML's point of view while the show completely different in that aspect.

25 minutes ago, shem1 said:

I thought GTY would never take in a concubine???? 

It is given by his aunt and ML agrees before GTY has any say; he is also surprised and a bit angry that ML agrees to it so fast and easily. 

7 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Even though people might hate this personally i love it shes so stubborn that it's quite funny , he keeps trying to get a reaction in the silliest way's.

Sometimes its out of his control.

I too like this change of event @ForgottenSoulx.... ML needs to realize she is pushing him away. I understand her feelings and fear but damn.  I find it really cute for him to try to get a reaction from her. Lol lol 

@fra8Isn’t cute how hard he tries. He even looks cute when he is jealous. :wub::wub:

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

I too like this change of event @ForgottenSoulx.... ML needs to realize she is pushing him away. I understand her feelings and fear but damn.  I find it really cute for him to try to get a reaction from her. Lol lol 

I think she tries hard because she feels it’s hard to keep her distance. It’s like she is also trying to convince herself. She probably sees her resolve waning.

Archived